Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Quinlan Family Home Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:56 am
User Image

You can't make me settle down
                                                          I'd rather kick and jump and bite and scratch
                                                          And scream until I'm blue
                                                          I may as well be hyper as long as I'm still around
                                                          'Cause I'll have lots of time to be laid back
                                                          When I'm six feet underground

Cian was relived for air. The rush of cooler air into the jar had him immediately hopping. Sure he was a bit mad at Aeryn and he honestly had a right to be but two things prevented that. On was his stomach the pitching rolling and shaking hand done a number on his tiny ferret gut. Going back to being bigger than Dad's tube sock was also disorienting on a sour stomach. He had just thought he should go to the bathroom if he needed to barf but his gut gurgling a now ultimatum. Promptly scooting and grabbing the trash can he was glad breakfast was long enough ago that he only had the pickle slices Cae demanded he ate as the tot tried to put them in his mouth for him. Still so gross. He took a moment to make sure he was done and didn't miss before simply sitting. He carefully scooted to sit by Aeryn.

"Hey.....I'm sorry. I didn't know I was putting so much pressure on you. I still proud of you whether or not school gives you any titles like mine. Hell the made me prefect does it look like they make good decisions?" Cian said joking but with a more serious tone. He couldn't help his sarcasm. "I know this is about you but I need to confess a few of mine. It might help." Cian hoped she took it the right way. This part needed to be said first. "Honestly if I could give you all the titles and weird praise to you I would if you want it. Being the oldest I got told a lot I needed to be a good example. So I worked hard cause it made everyone happy. I like seeing people happy. Getting prefect was nice and all but I'm not so keen on the added responsibility. I like being captain and honestly doing just that I would be happy. Music club needed someone to lead it and that landed to me. I'm honestly hoping I don't get a head boy letter" Cian said staring at his knees for a moment. Seems like they both had to get something off their chest.

"I'm sure mom and want to keep is safe and successful. Though I'm not sure they realize magic jobs kinda have danger in the job description. I purposely didn't tell mom much about being a beater. I'm sure she would be thrilled I regularly fire sentient canon balls at other.....or just knock myself out." Cian said. "I think it best to talk to mom and later our teachers. About how pressured you feel. I'm sure they care. But....I'm sure Vinny likes you. I see the guy light up when he spots you." Cian wrapped an arm around a clearly sad Aeryn. "There's no shame or weakness in crying, sure you annoy me and I do annoy you but sure that part of being siblings but we also make sure the other is happy. I wouldn't want anyone else as a sister and no awards and titles are needed." Cian said letting Aeryn use his shirt to let it out

And I'm in no hurry to be casual
                                                                            In fact, I think, I'll wait
                                                                            Until I'm pushing up the daisies
                                                                            Like wow, man, can you relate?
                                                                            I'll be mellow when I'm dead

Miss GryffindorK

null

null

null

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:40 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⤑ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Home
xxx⤑ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? The Brothers
xxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Totally NOT Crying
xxxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Stupid Cian

Aeryn watched Cian scurry out of the jar, then return to his human self. Seconds later, he was sprinting off to the loo. She curled up and rested her head on her knees, sobbing as silently as possible when she heard him barf. After a few minutes, he wandered back out, but she had already all but stopped her tears. She scooted a bit when Cian sat beside her, the girl not looking over at him. She didn't want to see his smug... or angry.. or whatever stupid emotion face. She was shocked, however, when he apologized. The girl looked over in surprise, dark eyes rimmed in red. To anyone that knew her it was obvious she'd only just been crying.

He said he was still proud of her regardless of school achievements, then made a joke about them making a poor choice with him. "It's not the same..." she mumbled, resting her head back down. After a second, he mentioned confessing his own, which made the younger Quinlan snort. He started off saying that if he were able, he'd give her all the titles and praise, but it meant diddly-squat given that he didn't have that ability. He spouted off some nonsense about being a good example, then about making people happy. He said he didn't like having to be responsible, but he was always taking on added responsibility! Heck, he'd even volunteered to babysit! At quidditch, he said he'd be happy if that were all he had, but that music club simply needed someone to step up. "You probably will. Lots of people like you. You're a good person and you handle your responsibilities well. It's not fair." The last part was grumbled under her breath, the girl still avoiding her brother's gaze. "You stand a chance. I don't. What teacher would ever give me that much responsibility? There's no way in hell I'm ever gonna get prefect. And since I don't have any talents offered in the school clubs, I can't get those. I can't fly, so quidditch is out.... which makes me just this boring, angry person that never wins anything."

He started off another talk by saying their parents wanted to keep them both safe and successful. Boring. He commented on magical jobs just being dangerous by design, then said he'd had a good reason for not telling mom which spot he played in Quidditch. "Yea, you've really got to stop hitting yourself. It's literally the opposite of your job." At that, she let loose a tiny chuckle. Of course, then he spoke again, this time saying he'd talk to their parents on her behalf. "If you even mention this to mom and dad you'll be right back in that jar and I'll only feed you dad's attempt at scrambled eggs. So help me, Cian Alistair Quinlan. I'll end your joy."

She glared at him a moment, then sunk back down. Even being angry wasn't helping the newfound pain in her head go away. Cian wrapped an arm around her, and the girl begrudgingly fell into his embrace, laying her head against his side. This time when he spoke, it was about their being siblings and how he was proud with or without titles. Damn him. She sniffled, trying to force her dumb body to not cry. Unfortunately, her lip wibbled and the girl curled up tighter against her big brother and felt a few stupid tears soak into his shirt.

Kungfudemoness

I ᴍᴇssᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ, I ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ, I sᴛɪʟʟ ᴍᴇss ᴜᴘ ʙᴜᴛ I'ʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ʜɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ. I ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ɴᴇxᴛ
Bɪʀᴅs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ꜰʟʏ, ᴛʜᴇʏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ. Nᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ʟᴇᴀʀɴs ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ, ɴᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ 'ᴛɪʟ I ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
Nᴏ, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰᴀɪʟ
I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs, I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:03 am
User Image

You can't make me settle down
                                                          I'd rather kick and jump and bite and scratch
                                                          And scream until I'm blue
                                                          I may as well be hyper as long as I'm still around
                                                          'Cause I'll have lots of time to be laid back
                                                          When I'm six feet underground

Cian understood she was mad. But he could help but snort sadly when she said he was responsible. "Well I felt pressured to be responsible. Honestly I worry i can't live up to the expectations of me with out sacrificeing myself. I can't quit without being a disappointment either. So I know how it feels to be not good enough....." He said trying not to cry himself. "Just know no matter what I'm proud of you even if it doesn't count for much." She quipped about his popularity. Sure he was poupular but she didn't have to be just as popular. " I think you more popular and good at more than you think. Seriously my broom has never flown better since you cared for it. You got...for lack of a better term... magic fingers." Cian said still side hugging. "Its unfair to compare yourselves to others not just me. Your happiness and success is in what you want to do. Don't worry about prefect, there's plenty of successful people that weren't scholastic all stars. Besides I know you got plenty of friends, Jonah, Sona, Ves , Vinny, those Twins I mix up still. You got a bigger tighter knit group than I do. I only have people know of me more because pulled pranks and don't shut up. I don't recomend that but it more important to be yourself than what everyone wants" she suddenly seemed worried he tell mom. He shook his head. "Its not my place to tell mom I only sugested you do it. I'm sure mom just doesn't know your issues"

And I'm in no hurry to be casual
                                                                            In fact, I think, I'll wait
                                                                            Until I'm pushing up the daisies
                                                                            Like wow, man, can you relate?
                                                                            I'll be mellow when I'm dead

Miss GryffindorK

null

null

null

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:12 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⤑ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Home
xxx⤑ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? The Brothers
xxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Totally NOT Crying
xxxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Stupid Cian

Aeryn sighed at her brother's speech. Of course he felt pressured to be responsible, it was literally his job! He commented on sacrificing himself, which caused the younger Quinlan to roll her eyes. "Of course you would. You're not good at compartmentalizing." She leaned back against the wall, sighing heavily. Her eyes closed for a moment until Cian told her he was proud of her. At that, she snorted. "No you're not. No one is. That's why we're having this stupid talk. Which you'll tell no one about, mind you."

The girl stretched out her arms as Caelan ran over with a squeak. "I found him!" The boy squealed, smacking at Cian. Aeryn glanced over at Cian when he told her she was more popular than she thought, then mentioned his broom. "That's because I'm good at it. I did research and everything. I trimmed some of your tail bristles to increase the turn speed of your broom." She shrugged, adjusting Caelan into a more comfortable position. She looked at Cian when he told her it wasn't fair to compare herself to others. "I have to. I'm surrounded by other people. I spend all my free time struggling with being as good as others. It's stupid."

The sound of the door unlocking startled Aeryn, the girl looking over to see her parents walk in. Under her breath, she muttered to Cian, "You tell them about this and I'll kill you." She looked over and pushed herself to a stand, her normal frown settled back into place. "Hey kids, we're home. And we've got news... Honey, were you crying?" The woman paused, setting a hand gently on Aeryn's shoulder. "N-no! Of course I wasn't crying. Pft. That's Cian's thing." She turned a bit, wiping her eyes aggressively. Stupid dumb tears. After a few seconds, she looked over, hoping she looked more calm. "So what's your stupid news, anyway."

After a deep breath and an eye twitch, Heather sighed. She looked over at her husband, who had scooped up the very happy Caelan. Oh, it was going to be a pain in the a**. They had two teenagers, both who seemed at war. One was about to graduate and be on his own, the other had become a monster with puberty... not to mention the three year old currently squealing. "Well, we're expecting. You guys are gonna be older siblings.... again." The woman grinned, though Aeryn could easily see the expression was fake.

"YOU'RE ******** WHAT?!

Kungfudemoness

I ᴍᴇssᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ, I ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ, I sᴛɪʟʟ ᴍᴇss ᴜᴘ ʙᴜᴛ I'ʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ʜɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ. I ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ɴᴇxᴛ
Bɪʀᴅs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ꜰʟʏ, ᴛʜᴇʏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ. Nᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ʟᴇᴀʀɴs ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ, ɴᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ 'ᴛɪʟ I ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
Nᴏ, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰᴀɪʟ
I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs, I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items