Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:15 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

Tawi.

His ears flattened against his skull, hiding in the white of his mane. He was sure he even cringed at the tone, and if it weren’t for the Firekin (or the other pride members) being around, he would have sank to the ground already.

Tawi did not interrupt as she spoke, and erred her concerns with him. The male was still getting use to sharing a sleeping space with the female. He knew he needed to start communicating better with her. His gaze remained on the ground, refusing to look into her angry green eyes. The frown stayed on his maw.

A smack to the back of his head from a wing brought his attention back to Raia as she spoke of them being a team. Now she wasn’t even looking at him.

“I’m sorry…” he said quietly, a paw reaching up to touch her cheek. “I didn’t think you would want to go. And…with Brillo still healing…” Excuse after excuse, it was what Tawi was good for. He was trying. His old self would have just brushed this situation off and walked away. He remaining, with the presence of two prides, was a big step for the blue anxiety ridden male.

“At…at least we both can go.” Well, the four of them if they wanted to get technical. His gaze flickered to the avian perched on her back. Their family had grown by one, and as much as Tawi hated to admit it, Raia was right in choosing the den they had.

“I’ll make it up to you..” Somehow he added silently.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:14 pm
Har nodded, almost a bow, to Kimondo, "Thank you, my Queen." And then, not wanting to take up her time with so many others approaching, he moved to step back.

The male found a spot to sit for the time being, and sighed as he contemplated their destination. A desert on the other side of the mountains.... The mountains would surely be a new experience for him, one he was interested to have, but the desert would be... a nostalgia trip. He frowned then, remembering back to the reports of the Nergui and where they resided.

It would be strange... to be back in his old home, but perhaps this was an opportunity to move on, to say one last goodbye, and to help flush out those who would take up residence there.

.... Though he would need to inform Senka of his decision first.

((Har is open for interaction as well.))

MangoMeow

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:02 am
User Image

Fiametta was among the crowd. They had finally made their way to their destination, but had seemingly missed out on what could have been a keen opportunity. Unfortunate, really, but sending a group out still might be to their benefit. If the pride had moved on, who was to say they wouldn't move back? Besides which, it seemed as if their current hosts were in need of a little aid. While the Firekin might be searching for the Nergui, surely, they could at least keep an eye out on the missing others. An opportunity for both to benefit, really.

Well, she hadn't come all this way for nothing. The lioness knew she wore the coat colors of her pride, but she had always been a rogue. She was not a large lioness by any stretch of the imagination, but that didn't mean she wasn't strong, or capable. While she was unsure whether or not she would be accepted, she wasn't simply going to sit back and do nothing. There was no reason they couldn't work together and both achieve what they needed.

Stepping forward when there was an opening, the lioness gave a dip of her head, before turning her gaze to Nawvlee. "I would like to volunteer, if possible. My smaller size might actually be an advantage, at least when it comes to attempting to blend in." She added with a self-deprecating grin. Fiametta was well aware she was of rogue-stock. Maybe, just maybe, this was a time when smaller was better.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:42 pm
Pyrallis was given a quick nod when he approached to volunteer, but Nkonkoni drew a thoughtful pause from Kimondo. Nawvlee looked at him curiously, noting that so far he was the most Firekin looking lion from the other side to volunteer. Kimondo sighed when she finally spoke.

"Nkonkoni, you may go," she said, repeating what she had said to Yamka, "But be careful. It's harder for us to protect you outside the pride."

If something was specifically targeting her slaves, she was now sending two of them out into the fire. Kimondo didn't like that.

AstoriaFallen

Huolongmai's approach next made Nawvlee pause to consider. She wasn't typical Firekin coloration and her size wasn't a giveaway either.. but she was plainly Firekin in his eyes. Kimondo was looking on with great interest, seeing more similarities between her missing son and the lioness rather than the lioness and her pride.

"If I may," she spoke up suddenly, "Her markings are as similar to us as her colors are to you."

Nawvlee looked from Huolongmai to Kimondo, really seeing the similarity between them for the first time, and he nodded, turning back to the Firekin in question.

"You may go," he agreed.

Kimondo was still admiring Huolongmai's markings when the whirlwind that was Horae approached to offer her services. Her expression became slightly more serious when faced with a guard who took such an incident to heart, reminded of exactly why she had hoped to see more guards volunteering.

"Of course," she said, nodding firmly.

Safaia

When Fiametta approached, things were starting to settle down and Nawvlee took the time to consider. The group was fairly well mixed now and though she was another whose coloration screamed Firekin, she could certainly pass.

So he nodded.

Uta

It seemed the group was about settled, then. The group was almost split down the middle between the two groups, leaning slightly on the Mwezi side.. which was ideal, really. Both Kimondo and Nawvlee were pleased. The biggest question that remained now was whether Psyche would decide to go with them or not.  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ecavi generated a random number between 1 and 9 ... 8!

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:12 am
exclaim Raffle for Buvalu

User Image
Colored by Polette

Quote:
1. Seaki
2. KasaiLoki
3. Felyn
4. MangoMeow
5. Midnightglow18
6. Anderleit
7. AstoriaFallen
8. Das Tor - winner!
9. Safaia

Das Tor

You've won Buvalu! He is already a member of the Firekin, he doesn't need a duel or anything to be certed. His children were certed as G12 since they're older than the actual OOC time they were created, so make note for his cert that he should be G11 or earlier. He's a Watcher who has been told to be an active part of the search for the Nergui, so now you have someone to play in the plot! :3  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:16 pm
The non-answer she received not only took Psyche by surprise, but set her adrift in indecision once again. Deciding whether or not to even offer to put herself forward to go along had been hard enough, but when it was ultimately left up to her...well. That was a terribly difficult decision to make. Would she be more help here, or with the search party? Would it be the 'diplomatic' thing to do, to go along and help? Or...or... Sands, this was awful. Why had she said anything at all? Add another tally to the countless times she questioned the wisdom of someone making her a damn magistrate. What a terrible idea.

Her ears twitched, and her tail flicked back and forth, but she still managed not to fidget. It was small progress. "When you put it that way," she replied with a grin she hoped masked some of her nervousness, "Maybe it's better if I stay."

Ecavi

Meepfur
Captain

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:47 am
He'd been accepted!

The younger part of him was absolutely delighted, particularly when their leaders had chosen to reject the requests of several of the more senior or older lions in the group. It seemed that on this occasion he was of a fitting colour to not be as suspicious and he would count himself lucky in that respect. Unsurprisingly he was just a touch giddy, but no sooner had he felt this flutter in his stomach than his 'serious face' returned.

No, he had to show decorum, he had to show discipline and he sure as hell better not be gloating. That would do him a grave diservice and he had a reputation to try and cultivate - oh he might doubt what they were pursuing, he might even sincerely doubt what the Mwezi needed them for in regards to their 'slaves', but he had a mission to participate in and this was his chance to prove he was worthy of his rank.

He wasn't in the market for a promotion, he was realistic enough to know he was too young, but the importance of taking babysteps was something he recognised. He needed to do this well and then if he kept doing things well then one thing would lead to another and tada!

...He'd conveniently forgotten about the duelling for significant promotions mind you, but it was early days yet and he'd eventually remember that fundamental component of his pride's system.

Nevertheless, now that he had been accepted it was in his best interests to prepare himself. Rather than make small talk, the young lion simply examined those around him and took note of those who would be part of the search party. Between the Firekin and the Mwezi they were an eclectic bunch, but he'd do his best to remember them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:30 pm
Atyadhik knew her color would likely count against her (not like Turiya, who'd managed to ditch her in favor of fooling around with their father's former pride). She scowled mightily at the thought. Her size might too - an average-sized Firekin lioness was still bigger than the average rogue. Still, the idea of not even asking to go chafed at her. She was here to show what she could do!

Stepping up and meeting the eyes of the Magistrates, she spoke clearly. "I'd go if you approve, sirs." Her stance was solid, as though she weren't half-expecting to be denied.

---

Pride members were gone, despite the guards on duty. That bothered Nyota'shuti badly, wounded the lioness' pride as a guard. Had the Nergui these Firekin spoken of stolen them right from under their noses? Had they failed one of the low class that badly? For the sake of the others in the low class, Nyota felt she needed to help look into this.

"Queen Kimondo, if I might...I would like to go as well." Her eyes resting on the fourth monarch she'd seen hold the throne, she was suddenly keenly aware of how very young the white lioness was compared to herself. Where had time gone?

Anyways.

---

Kuimba lingered on the fringes of the group, mostly watching his mother and those that approached her. He was worried for his brother, terribly so, but he was also aware that his visions could be...distracting. He'd just be a drag on the group if he suddenly had to figure out who was real and who was a figment of his Sight. As much as he disliked to admit it, he'd be a hindrance on this search party.

So instead of speaking up, he shuffled his paws and anxiously eyed those volunteering to join the search. He hoped if he saw anything soon, that it would be their success.

Ecavi

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The head guard was fashionably late, but he was there, his dark body almost concealed by the different, and uniquely rare shades that the mwezi didn't have upon their pelts. Watching the brave many who showed up to offer their assistance to the queen, it would almost be sacrilige for him not to join the masses. Taking to his paws, he walked up to Kimondo, giving her a low bow, before his dark eye landed on her again.

"I hope you don't mind if I go, also - I am dark and can help with the attempts to mask a few of our friends." He offered, before looking over to the group that had come together. "Also, it would be almost a sin for me not to offer myself, having held my rank for so long." He was older, and blind in one eye, but it didn't mean he couldn't do something to help their fast-friends.

A soft chuckle escaped him after the statement, his face lighting up in amusement as he waited for his answer.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:51 am
Nawvlee put his attention to Psyche as the meeting was winding down and the last few to approach were from the Mwezi'Johari. He didn't expect more from the Firekin side, sending half of them was plenty, it was already quite a large party for a mission that required some caution..

"I'd rather go, too," he confessed, his voice hushed so it wouldn't travel far beyond Psyche, "But I could be recognized, as Hongshan or Firekin. Ud and Buvalu will go, at least we have them."

He was surprised when Atyadhik approached suddenly and volunteered to go. She.. was probably the most Firekin looking of Agni-pariksha's daughters, and had the attitude to match. Nawvlee wasn't sure it was the right choice but he nodded.

The approach of each Nyota'shuti and Baba'nyota surprised Queen Kimondo, not because she didn't expect them to volunteer but because she was surprised they were coming so late. She was rather glad to have both of them volunteer and didn't hesitate to approve them both.  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:54 am
exclaim Search Party Applications closed

This ORP is now closed to new volunteers. The next part of the metaplot has started, all approved characters can move on to searching the Abandoned Temple.

You may continue to RP here if you're close to five posts, though I doubt this style of ORP was much good for post counts.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:51 am
The silence he provided her to rant allowed her to give way to a much kinder pair of eyes. Even if the immediate anger hadn't subsided completely, she was on the mend. Mstiri helped a little as well - Tawi had avoided looking at her eyes, the avian reminded him not to do that. Raia smiled when his gaze turned to her, she couldn't help it. Seeing him, even in a state of sadness. And the way his paw rose to her cheek? She melted.

"It's okay." Her ears fell back slightly as she responded. "No more excuses though, okay? We're a team now, we chose to do this sort of thing together." Raia felt her eyes sparkle, and heartbeat race in excitement.

"You're right!"

The lioness damn near jumped straight up at the thought of their pending trip. The four the of them would have a ball, she hoped. Raia reminded herself silently that this wasn't a trip for two away somewhere. No. This was a search party of sorts. "I know you will." She smirked and winked playfully.

"We have packing to do in the mean time, get a couple of satchels ready and such."

She didn't wait after speaking to turn from him and Mstiri, nearly knocking Brillo free from her perch again. "Sorry." Raiatea mumbled to the avian and ducked slightly at a swipe from behind, which she barely managed to dodge. Their home wasn't far off, fortunately.

KasaiLoki

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items