Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
The Delacroix Estate Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:45 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wԋҽɾҽ αɱ I? Ferdie's House
xxx Wԋσ'ʂ ɯιƚԋ ɱҽ? Dad & The Delacroix Family
xxxx Wԋαƚ'ʂ ɠσιɳɠ σɳ? Family Dinner
xxxxx Wԋαƚ'ɾҽ ɱყ ƚԋσυɠԋƚʂ? Oh boy

Elisabet grinned and held out her new arm for Ferdie to see. She moved the fingers, frowning slightly at the delay they had. "It is! I'm still working out some of the bugs, but at least it stopped shocking me..." She chuckled nervously, moving her arm about. Part of her debated on pulling out the little toolkit in her pocket, but the rest figured that'd be at least a bit rude. Then again, electrocuting their table wasn't polite either.... hmm.

Eion was carefully watching the situation, frowning when Eme told people he was shy. It was true, but that didn't mean he wanted those guys to know! The man pointed out that Ferdie wouldn't bring dangerous friends over, then Eion was offered an out by going to the kitchen. The boy shook his head, then looked over just in time to see the girl's arm. He gasped softly, then tugged on the back of his dad's shirt. Looking between the man and the girl's arm, he whispered "Eme, why's her arm a robot?!" He bit his lip, nuzzling closer into Emeric's back for safety, just in case she was like the bad robot-people in his comic book.

Kungfudemoness

Elisabet = #B19CD9
Terrence = #397D02
Eion = #087830

Wʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴡ ɪs ᴏᴠᴇʀ? Wʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɴɢ ᴇɴᴅs?
Hᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴄᴏᴘᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴄʟᴏsᴜʀᴇ? Wʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴀʟ ɢᴇᴛs ʜɪɢʜᴇʀ?
Hᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ? Pʟᴀʏ ᴏɴ!
Eᴠᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟᴏᴏᴅ ɢᴀᴛᴇs sᴡɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴅᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴ, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛs sɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ɴᴏ
Eᴠᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢ, sᴡɪᴍᴍɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴇss ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ
Jᴜsᴛ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴs, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ. Wʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʟᴏsɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ
Pʟᴀʏ ᴏɴ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs
Iᴛ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ᴛᴏ sᴀᴄʀɪꜰɪᴄᴇ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ. Sᴏ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴏɴ!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:26 am
User Image

ᵂⁱˢʰ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵘⁱˡᵈ ᵃ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ᵐᵃᶜʰⁱⁿᵉ
                                                          ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᵀʰᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ⁿᵒ ᵒⁿᵉ ᶜᵃⁿ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᶠᵉᵉˡˢ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉᵈᵍᵉ
                                                          ᴸᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ
                                                          ᴬⁿᵈ ʷⁱˢʰⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉᵐ

Mom had thing pretty covered by the time Ferdie got the table set. So Ferdie rejoined the guests. Emeric took this as food was almost ready.lucilly Elisabet's arm was interesting Eion's curiosity. "Well she was missing an arm so she got a special one. Bet you guys both have a collection." Emeric replied hoping this would help Eion warm up to people. He knew he could do it. About a minute or so later Seweryna came into mention food was ready. "Looks like grub is up. We made chicken but incase you guy are not carnivorous we got other options too" Emeric said before leading them past the kitchen to the dinning room. The place may be fancy but the dinner of fried chicken and varies veggies was the dinner of any budget. Emeric knew from Ferdie the basics about the quite possibly future family and law. He hoped to not totally embarasse Ferdie, only a little

ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ˢᵃⁱᵈ‬
                                                                      ‪ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵈʸⁱⁿᵍ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵗʰ‬
                                                                      ‪ˢᵒ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵗᵒ ˢᵃʸ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁿᵉ?‬
                                                                      ‪ᵀʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵃᵛᵉ ᵘᵖ ᵒʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏᵉᵖᵗ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ?

Miss GryffindorK

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:09 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
17 years || Slytherin alum || muggleborn
Member of the International Confederation of Wizards (British Seats)

August checked the address and time before Floo’ing to the Delacroix Estate. Despite his being friends and a fan of Ferdie Delacroix for the better part of a decade now, he’d never actually seen the Delacroix Estate. But today he was here for Eion. They’d planned on a quiet day reading and studying before he got to swept up by work. He didn't have assignments yet, but August had brought along his creative writing work so they could recreate their usual co-working presence. He'd even brought along a few of his old storied per a conversation over the year when he found out Eion enjoyed reading mysteries.

He was surprised-- and a little honored-- when Mr. Delacroix recognized him-- by name!-- as he arrived. "Hello, Mr. Delacroix! And thank you!"

Aside from the fanboy in him doing screeching like a Quidditch fan, August was surprisingly relaxed. They were just studying today. For classes. That was familiar.

”Hey Eion. I’m not too early, am I? How has your summer been thus far?”

setting Ferdie's (old) house :O, Early Summer 2050 || with Eion
appearance 5'9", 157 lbs, glasses || wearing neat but casual
status omgit'sFerdie'shouse :OOOO

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

And red the blow of the setting sun
That bathed him in his light.
A chain and a keep are nothing
Compared to a woman's kiss

~"Hands of Gold" by Ed Sheeran, cover by Peter Hollens.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:57 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Home - Living Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Augs, Eme, & Sena
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Study Day!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I wonder if Augs was prefect?

Eion had spent the morning tidying up his room a bit, since Auggie was planning to come over to help prepare studies for the big exams this year. He'd also gotten a letter from school, but in addition to the normal stuff, there was a second letter, declaring him prefect. Despite his parents' excited freak-out, Eion was still pretty sure they accidentally sent it to the wrong house. He wasn't exactly worthy of the title... he was pretty sure, anyway. After his room was clean enough (at least to Granna's standards), Eion headed out to wait on the older boy.

When he got to the living room, he noticed he was the late one, and Auggie was already introducing himself to Eme and Sena. Eion hurried over, squinting up at the clock to try and tell just how late he was (or maybe how early Auggie was), but he couldn't tell, so he decided to act as though they were both perfectly on time.

"Augs! You're here! Thanks for comin','cause I know you didn't have to, 'specially since you're not in school anymore. I know you're probably busy..." The shorter boy shuffled a bit, grinning up at his friend. Auggie asked about his summer so far, and Eion took a big, slow breath. "Well, it's been.. weird. I've been helpin' babysit Ferdie and Bet's baby - they're gonna have another one, you know - and just this morning, I got a letter from school and they said they wanted me to be a perfect.... prefect. Whatever it's called." He hated that word, and was sure he'd stumble over it a few more times before he got it right. "Got a shiny badge and everything. It's... weird." He rubbed the back of his neck, shuffling nervously. The younger boy looked up, a new electric green eye in place. Hopefully Auggie agreed with Eme and Sena, since Eion was still sure his parents were just trying to "boost his confidence" or whatever.

addaellis

Mʏ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴡɪᴅᴇ, ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ, I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
          I ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏᴜᴛsɪᴅᴇ, ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ
          I ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀᴡ Hᴀʟᴇʏ's ᴄᴏᴍᴇᴛ, sʜᴏᴏᴛɪɴɢ. Sʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴠᴇᴅ, sᴀɪᴅ, "Wʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ"
          Eᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴇᴅ sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴀᴛᴏsᴘʜᴇʀᴇ
          Tᴇʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴛʜᴇʀ, I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴅᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ
          Tᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴇ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ, I ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ
          I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀɴɢʀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀʏɪɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ ɪs ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ
          Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ, I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ
          Tʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ sᴏ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ, ɪᴛ's ᴏɴʟʏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:35 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI

”Nonsense, just because I’ve graduated doesn’t mean we’re not friends. I'll always have time for you,” August remarked when Eion thanked him for coming. He was quite busy with work, but this was relaxing for him. Plus, how else would he have found out about these next exciting bits of information?

August didn’t emote anything, but his inner fanboy was squealing. Ferdie was having another baby! Ferdie was having a baby! Juliette was adorable the last time he’d seen a picture, and no doubt the next child would be just as cute. Ferdie was having a baby! He wondered if it would be too soon to send congratulations. Maybe he could pick out more baby books next time he was at Flourish and Blotts. You know, be prepared! Ferdie was having another baby!!

He did though, grin with pride when Eion said he’d received a prefect letter. ”Congratulations, Eion! Well done!” August was very excited and proud of his little Ravenclaw mentee-- not only for the achievement, but because he was hopeful it would be a boost to the boy’s self-confidence. ”Being a prefect is a privilege, and the responsibilities that come with it give you good experience with not only working with others but leading them. You’ll do excellently, Eion, I’ve no doubt. You’ve worked hard, and the professors are recognizing you as someone they want to guide the younger students. Wear your badge with pride and carry out your responsibilities with diligence and humility. Well done. ”

He did, of course, have more to say on the subject, but carefully refrained. This should be a moment of celebrating the triumph! He remembered the pressure he felt when he received his own prefect badge-- satisfaction, yes, but also like he was being smothered. Adding both prefect duties and OWLs in the same year was truly a test of character. If he could offer any reprieve from that pressure in the form of encouragement, then that was what he would stick to. August would be here (or in Hogsmeade) if Eion actually had more questions about being a prefect another time. That all said, being prefect meant studying hard and being prepared for classes was extra important--

”Shall we start then? The more you cover over summer the easier it’ll be to study during the school year, especially with your new duties.”

setting Ferdie's (old) house :O, Early Summer 2050 || with Eion
status omgFerdie'shavingababy and Eiongotprefect, eee!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:35 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Home - Living Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Augs
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I wonder if Augs was prefect?

Eion donned a small grin when Auggie said he had time for his friends, of which the younger boy was. It made him feel all.... fizzy inside. It was nice. After talking about his prefect badge, Auggie congratulated him as well, then launched into a speech about privilege, responsibility, and how much more he'd have to work now that he was a prefect. That caused the Ravenclaw to deflate a bit. He didn't have much free time as it were, between having to work on studies almost all the time just to keep up and working on news, much less to add in a bunch more on top of all that. The year hadn't even started and already Eion felt he was drowning.

"Yea, well. I might still have to ask them to... not to pick me. It's a lot, and if I can't keep up, I might have to drop news, and I just don't wanna do that." He sighed softly, running his fingers through his perpetually messy hair. After a pause, Auggie asked about getting started, and Eion nodded. "We pro'lly should. C'mon, we can study in my room. It's got all my books." He led the way through the house, plopping down on the couch-part of his bunk bed. There were books sitting on the desk, one for each of his classes, plus a nice one about photography. "It's an awful lot, so don't worry if we can't get very far. You've pro'lly got a job and stuff, so I can do most of it. But help is really nice!"

addaellis

I ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀᴡ Hᴀʟᴇʏ's ᴄᴏᴍᴇᴛ, sʜᴏᴏᴛɪɴɢ. Sʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴠᴇᴅ, sᴀɪᴅ, "Wʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ"

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:02 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI

August really was happy for Eion, so when even he noticed the new prefect’s nervousness shrink into uncertainty, he worried he had inadvertently exasperated Eion’s worries. That wasn’t good. ”Well, we’ll just have to make sure it doesn’t come to that, okay? I won’t lie, it’s a lot of work, but you’ll be able to handle it.”

He paused for a moment before propositioning they get started, and Eion agreed, inviting him to his room. He nodded with approval, seeing the stack of books already purchased and waiting on the desk. ”You’ve always been doing most of it,” he reminded gently. ”I’m mostly just here for moral support and offer advice if you need it.”

Eion was a fifth year now, about to take OWLs in subjects August hadn’t taken a day’s worth of classes. He knew about magical creatures generally, but Lizzie had always pointed out that he was so bad at divination that he ought to have taken a class to not be so bad at it-- but it was precisely this divide in expertise that he was starting to find the most interesting part of tutoring or mentoring, he had thought. August couldn’t help with those in terms of content, but he knew enough about learning generally that he could help encourage Eion figure out for himself how and what to study. He wasn’t sure how much Eion remembered--he wasn’t sure how well anyone at the Saturday tutoring table even listened--but over the years he’d offered a host of studying methods that worked over the summer: flipping through the textbooks to get an outline of the year, pre-reading textbooks, finding supplemental texts, practicing wand movements and memorizing pronunciations-- the list when on. Not everything had the same solution, and not every strategy worked with everyone-- Aldrick, for example, made incredible diagrams and concept maps. Sparrow researched and wrote scenes about a subject that she memorized and performed.

Eion no doubt had a clearer idea of what his own preferred style of studying entailed. Creatures, divination, ghouls and ghosts, muggle studies, wandless he reviewed.
”And you were aiming to be a magizoologist, right?” August knew where he would start, but….hm. Perhaps a small switch up from just him talking and stacking the poor boy's reading list would not go amiss, and would help Eion feel better about being in charge as well: ”Where are you at now? How can I help?”

setting Eion's room!, Early Summer 2050 || with Eion
status studying things

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:05 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Home - Eion's Bedroom
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Augs
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I wonder about his writing

Eion nodded a bit when Auggie said they'd have to make sure it didn't get that far, to the veritable tipping point. Of course, Auggie also added that it was a lot of work, but he was sure Eion could handle it. Well, that meant Auggie, Eme, Sena, and both grandparents... plus probably Ferdie too. With a bit more confidence, he nodded, this time adding a toothy grin. When he spoke of his studies, Auggie reassured him there, earning a smaller, but genuine smile. "I've really been trying. It's hard to keep up, 'specially with reading ahead and trying to remember to color-code all the notes... Stuff like that. But I'm doing better, I think, and some of the classes I can do without having to study too much."

At that thought, he gently lifted his Divination text, of the books, the one that looked like he'd read it. The rest still had perfectly crisp pages, but the Divination text already had a few crumples, along with the remnants of a small soda spill down the pages. He'd even been thinking of applying for mind magic next year, but since that cost money (and was a difficult course) he wanted to research it more. Auggie asked about magizoology and Eion nodded happily. "Yep! I think it'd be super fun, but I dunno what animal to focus on. Maybe I can decide that if I make it past OWLs?"

Auggie asked where to start, earning a heavy exhale from the younger boy. "Well... that's a good question. I dunno. I know I'm not doing so good in Transfigurations, potions, or history, so maybe there?" Sure enough, the boys settled down to work, color-coded notebooks and multicolored pens and highlighters spilled onto the floor. After forever (or most of an hour, whatever), Eion closed his History book, thinking the words were going to knock him straight to sleep. "Hey Augs, didn't you say you wrote stories? Was that to help with news, or are you just a real good writer? I-I mean... I know you're a good writer 'cause I've read you in news, but.... are you good at not-real stuff too? 'Cause I'd like to read your writing, if you think it's okay. It'd be a good way to take a break. Otherwise I can go see if Sena can make us a snack? If you're hungry..." He grinned up at the older boy, hoping Auggie didn't mind pausing the boring studies for a while. It wasn't often Eion even had the ability to sit still and work this long in a row anyway, so maybe it'd help him return focus.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:30 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI

“That’s great! Keep up good study habits and they’re sure to pay off.” August smiled at Eion’s report and nodded in regards to Eion saying he didn’t know which animal to focus on. That was understandable. “Yes, there will always be time to specialize after OWLs. Magizoology is a broad field.” He knew the generals, but truth be told, this was mostly in Eion’s hand’s now. The best August could do would be to keep an eye out for news on magizoology in general.

”You know me, ‘Always start with the history’” August quipped. The boys settled down to work: Eion with his color coded notebooks and pens and highlighters and August settled with a clipboard and blue ink pen to finish editing a short story he’d started in December of his sixth year. There hadn’t been a lot of time in the last year to write, what with NEWTs and club responsibilities and tutoring and then job searching. But finally there was time to wrap this up. He had other ideas he wanted to get to.

After about an hour with only a few chime-ins from the older boy with recommendations or explanations, Eion closed the History text. ”Snack would be great.” August replied. He wasn’t terribly surprised when Eion brought up his story-writing, especially given that was what he was working on and pulled out the folder with his final drafts. ”The story writing is just for fun, completely separate from the paper. I...I don’t mind if you read it. A few of them were finished a while ago though.”

He handed over the folder, with everything from a cliched murder mystery from his first year to mythology homework retellings he’d done to scratch the creative writing itch while studying for NEWTs. He usually only showed it to a few people, but was pretty sure some of his friends had sneakily read too. Part of him was desperately curious for their thoughts, but the other stubbornly believed that it was decent, they would have said something.

status writing things

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Augs
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? What's going on here?

Eion dove into his studies, doing his best against the ever growing notes in his collection. He'd been trying to practice his handwriting, but it was still just a mess. He worked for a while, before growing tired of the monotony. Once he'd changed the topic to short stories and snacks. Auggie said he'd like snacks, and the younger boy grinned a bit, knowing that two hungry people made for a much more convincing argument. Especially since Eion wasn't a very good cook.

When Auggie handed over a folder of stories, Eion started glancing over them, looking back at the boy when he said he was writing stories for fun. "I barely have time to do actual school stuff, much less fun stuff. Though... every winter when it's cold I like to get some blankets and cocoa and go up and watch the stars." He grinned at his friend, then looked back at the story. Something... wasn't right. "You wrote this? Every word?"

A critical glance between the words on the page, then a look up at Auggie. "Augs, you always say that copying work is wrong! It's bad for writers! How... how could you?" He set the open folder in front of Auggie, a frown on his lips. The look in his eye, paired with his body language, betrayed his upset confusion. He pointed at the author of the stories - Tanzil Rosescythe- , clearly a name that wasn't that of August Li. "Augs, that's not your name. You stole this, didn't you? Why would you do that! I...

I trusted you."

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:51 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI

”School work always comes first,” August agreed with a nod. Looking back he still didn’t know how he had pieced together some of those stories. Stray minutes in the evenings. Breaks. Hm. Maybe if he had spent some of studying Herbology he could have actually gotten an O. August made a thoughtful sound when Eion mentioned stargazing, returning Eion’s smile. Stargazing with hot cocoa and blankets sounded like an excellent study session-- August had missed Astronomy the last two years. But Rhea was taking Astronomy at the NEWT level! ...Actually, a starry night sounded like a nice study session...which could conveniently double as a nice date idea.

August had started jotting down the idea when Eion spoke up again: "You wrote this? Every word?"

”Every word,” he confirmed. He was about to add a joke about how he did have a references page for the more exposition-heavy stories citing where he was inspired by a case, a myth, or a theory of magic--but he paused, recognizing something besides simple curiosity in Eion’s tone.

Copying? An expression of genuine horror and disgust crossed his face. Sure some of his early attempts were hackneyed in writing and rife with plot cliches. And he did reuse parts in his class papers when it was applicable. But was Eion implying he’d plagiarized? ”Pardon me?”

But the glare in his eye, the frown, the tone--even if August knew it was absolutely inconceivable that he plagiarized--in that instant August felt like he had failed and utterly betrayed Eion. "I trusted you."

August didn’t even know how to respond for a few moments. It took a moment for him to register Eion’s rationale. Oh? Was this...a misunderstanding? He took a breath and replaced his calm and collected expression.

”Oh. Tanzil Rosescythe is just my pen name. It’s still my writing, I just write it under a different name." He paused. He had a faint hope where this might be coming from. Perhaps one of his friends had shown Eion before. But besides his friends, the only people who knew he wrote--who got copies of his drafts--were Jeremy...and Ferdie! "Plagiarism is illegal. And absolutely immoral! Have you…. read this somewhere else?”

status aghast! I do not plagarize!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:47 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Augs
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I was very wrong... maybe?

After Eion dropped his words, accusing one of his best friends of stealing, Auggie looked just as confused and shocked. He said again he'd written every word, but it couldn't be true! Eion had proof that it wasn't right! He claimed Auggie was copying the words from someone else, and the older boy looked.... offended? Had Eion messed up? No... no, he still had the copies from Ferdie! Aha! He could prove it after all.

After a deep breath, Auggie seemed to be back to normal, though he still didn't look exactly thrilled. Apparently he wrote under a pen name... for some reason. And even if so, why that one? Could he prove his claims? Suddenly, the older boy seemed to be scolding the younger, noting that plagiarism was illegal and wrong, which Eion knew to be correct from News Club - where Auggie had taught them the same thing. The next words were a question, asking if he'd read them before. At that, Eion nodded.

"I know that, Augs! You taught us all that's true. Which is why it's weird here. But yea, I've read 'em before. Ferdie had them and said maybe I'd like 'em. He said a... a close friend... gave 'em to him..." His words held pauses as he fit together the puzzle pieces. Ferdie and Auggie were friends, Auggie said he wrote them (and why would he lie? Especially about this?), and Auggie said it was a pen name. Eion still had no clue why people would write under a different name, but he was determined to figure this out. Pointing at the name again - Tanzil Rosescythe - he looked at his friend. "This is you? Why're you writing under someone else's name? It's... they're real good. You should write 'em as you so people know how good you are!"

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:05 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI

August had been very much offended that Eion thought he was capable of doing something so immoral, but after Eion confirmed it was Ferdie who had it, that offence and self-disappointment was quickly being replaced -- this meant Ferdie had showed Eion his stories! Ferdie had thought his stories were worth sharing! He knew, of course, that Ferdie didn’t think his writing was terrible--Ferdie had run his articles in the Daily Dragon, and Ferdie still responded when August sent drafts over asking for writing advice. But just as his heart swooned a little when he read Ferdie’s writing, he felt something now knowing that Eion had read his writing before and remembered it enough to catch an apparent plagiarist.

He couldn’t hide the growing smile, even if he’d wanted to: “I sent drafts to Ferdie! I’d send him later drafts, where the plot was pretty set, and he’d reply with writing advice. A few times I’d send him entire scenes written differently for comparison and he’d reply with feedback on each and when and how to use them!” he recounted excitedly. This confirmed it! Ferdie had shown Eion these! That was incredible!

”It’s me,” he confirmed, smiling a little at Eion’s praise. ”Tanzil Rosescythe is literally just my middle names. Tanzil is Bangla, and Meylian is literally ‘rose’ and ‘scythe’ in Chinese.”

The why was a little harder. While he was showing feelings, August wiped his glasses off, a little embarrassed. He hadn’t admitted this since he told Lizzie so long ago. When he replaced his glasses, he admitted the story: ”When I was younger, I had this notion that my mum wouldn’t approve of my writing fiction, so I thought if I used a pen name, I could one day get published without her noticing, and then ask for her honest feedback without her judging it as my work. Of course, I then picked a very obvious pen name for anyone who knows my full name.” He shrugged, glancing at the folder of final drafts. He wondered now, as someone who had definitely seen his academic, journalistic, and even creative writing, what Eion thought--and if he saw the divisions in them the way he thought of them. ”Anyways I liked the idea, and having a pen name always felt like having...another identity? I used to think of it as Tanzil writes fiction, August writes non-fiction. Mind you, none of it’s published anyways, and it’s....more fuzzy now, but I kept the distinction."

He smiled again, repeating Eion’s praise in his head. Eion thought the stories were good! Even the old silly ones, apparently! Indeed, now that he thought of it, he was quite proud of Eion for not only noticing, but speaking up immediately! That had to take no small amount of bravery to contradict an older friend!

status honored and flattered

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:25 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Home
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? A stupid letter
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Trying to hide secrets
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Oh no, I have to change this

Eion had been waiting nervously for this day. In his hands was the letter from the school, and inside that were his OWL grades. He was pretty sure he'd done terribly, and that meant Eme and Sena would be angry with him for not passing everything. They were both currently out of the house, meaning now was the ideal time. Biting his lip, the teen opened the letter, looking at the grade sheet. There were three fails and a lot of almost-fails. With a nervous sigh, Eion grabbed a pen. He had to fix this. The boy struggled to write as neatly as possible, but it seemed like the ink just faded away to leave the same grade. Damn pens. Maybe it was a quills-only thing. Shuffling through his messy school bag, the dark haired boy grabbed a quill and a mostly-empty ink pot. Try as he might, the ink just didn't seem to stay on the page. While he kept frantically trying to change, a tear trailed down his cheek, the boy afraid. Some part of him told him Eme and Sena wouldn't be mad, wouldn't hurt him, but memories of his life before them clouded his judgement. Desperately, he started pleading with the page.

"N-no, please. Let me change it, just this one time. I need this, please."

Kungfudemoness

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:33 pm
User Image
                      They say no way, oh, I say I'll rule the world
                      Ain't afraid of the walls, I'm a break 'em down
                      They stay the same, oh, I'm feelin' high as a bird
                      Ain't afraid of the ground, I'm a stay up

Emeric had been out shopping for some gifts for the newest grandchild. He loved seeing his wife all gushing over tiny outfits again. and it would be a while before they get that again and if eion even wanted kids. Ferdie mentioned they planned to stop with their two. He was mostly the bag rack and offered occasional input. He even snuck in a fancy chocolate bar for Juliette and a new issued comic for Eion. he knew the grades were in soon and even if the grades were not great Eion would need a pick me up. It was not like he demanded eion to be the best at all the classes. He didn't with Ferdie so why would he with his younger son?

They arrived and Seweryna went to prepare the haul mainly removing price tags and washing the store crud off. Emeric didn't have to take long to find Eion even in their big house. "Hey, Bud the post come in while we were gone?" He said plopping the bag with the comic and chocolate treat on the counter and popped into the fridge for a Butterbeer. "Need a drink while I'm in here?" He asked while in the fridge. Eion seemed like he might need a drink

I chased illusion
                                                                              Then I watched it fade to black
                                                                              Throwing me off track
                                                                              Found revolution
                                                                              Found it in a simple fact
                                                                              I ain't coming back

Miss GryffindorK

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff