Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Threadfall
[06.26.3576 HRW] Bowl & Infirmary: CLOSED! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:30 am
Nadry and Brown Menankith - Burning Aces

Aren't they just fabulous? Menankith agreed, crooning with delight over both Macuith's and his own. He'd always loved gear with sparkle or shine to it, and this absolutely qualified. Indeed, it will be a wonder if anyone in your wing gets anything done, once you go up.

It didn't matter how long they'd been together, or how many times C'lusi had kissed her, it always left her breathless - but she also gave back just as good as she got, pressed in close and eager, and happy to stay held close even after the kiss was done. "If there's more where that came from, you know I'll be back for it." And she knew full well that with C'lusi, there was always more where that came from. Before she could say anything more, however, let alone take his arm and go to find R'shahar, Z'tir was summoning them for an inspection. At least she'd only gone a few feet away in the first place. "You're going to get me in trouble," she teased, standing on her tiptoes to kiss him on the cheek. "You go find R'shahar, and with any luck we can all have a few more kisses to tide us over."

Reluctantly, she fell back into place, and after nuzzling Macuith again, Menankith heaved a sigh. Alas, we are summoned, but I will be back if I can.
I love you.
The brown pressed his head against the blue's before limping back to line up and stand at attention with His. Fortunately, he'd not been too far away either, and they would both be quite ready by the time Z'tir got to them.

Not a patch of Menankith's hide was anything less than fastidiously tended to, nor an inch of his gear or hers, nor was anything out of place, right down to her hair securely pinned up beneath her helmet. Nadry had always been meticulous, and while some might choose to view them through the lens of the single incident she'd been involved in since coming to the Weyr over three Turns ago, the fact remained that she and Hers were a good and dutiful pair: always on time, always in good order, and always following through on what was asked of them. They might not stand for it if colorist or misogynistic words were thrown their way, but they'd yet to give anyone cause to complain that they did anything less than their best, and quite frankly, they had no issues with serving under Z'tir.

To say that Nadry had been ill at ease with their first wingleader was an understatement, and having someone who didn't make her skin crawl was absolutely a step up.

Uta

Mr Cheri

Burning Aces
Nadry of brown Menankith
HP: 35/35
Status Effect: If applicable.
XP:
Target Accuracy: 8
Flame Length: 6
General Stamina: 8
General Agility: 8
Between Accuracy: 12
Pain Resilience: 9
Instinct: 9
Luck: 7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:17 am
W'dre and Dormith - Both Waves

If given half a chance, W'dre would gather Vera up in his arms to hold her for a few, long moments. "You as well," he knew she would be far safer than he was, but a low chance was still a chance. I'll burn it all away, Dormith rumbled to his rider, not that W'dre had particularly shaken nerves that needed his support.

Dormith squared up at Serenath's words, not that he'd been particularly slouching or dour about what was to come. He would be the steel core of support, even if he wasn't the flashiest of dragons. I'll see no shame to either, so fear not and worry not. There was no idea in Dormith's head that because he shared a ledge with her (and perhaps some mutual affection of a variety) that he'd distract her amidst it all. Still, he would make sure that neither he, nor W'dre, gave either reason to worry.

Mr Cheri

TRESPASSERS WING
W'dre of Bronze Dormith
HP:46/46
Status Effect: --
XP: (+6 to base) (+5 to distribute as I see fit) [+5 to distribute as I see fit]
Target Accuracy: +9
Flame Length: +10
General Stamina: +19
General Agility: +9
Between Accuracy: +8
Pain Resilience: +9
Instinct: +8
Luck: +8

-----

I'han and Houleth - First Wave

Even without being privy to the conversation between dragons, I'han could feel that Voloth's reply to Houleth had perked him up more than he already was. "I'd dare think you're more excited to see her than you are to be here with me," I'han teased, knowing that it was hardly true - nor was it a fair comparison. Houleth's tail whipped, all but slapping the back of his rider's legs with a small whuff like a pout. Well, yeah. You're right here and I'm looking at you right now, Houleth teased right back with a certain sulk to his tone.

But it sounded like the inspection had gone well enough and Houleth was soon up and moving, careful to not bump any of his own wingmates as he made his way towards where the Burning Aces dragons were lined up, hanging back cautiously as he peered after their Wingleader with a healthy amount of respect. Even if he wasn't his own, Houleth recognized and cowed to authority appropriately.

I'han, unfortunately for his plans, was on his dragon's tail - then at his shoulder as he paused to wait and see if it would be appropriate to come closer now. Of course, if they had to be given their own inspection before breaching the ranks of another wing, Houleth would stand at the ready too.

If he could stop staring intently towards the subject of his quest with shamelessly purple eyes, shifting his weight between his feet as he waited for permission to go to her. Is it okay now? I'll wait, he spoke uncharacteristically softly, like he was whispering to Voloth.

Mr Cheri

TRESPASSERS WING
I'han of Blue Houleth
HP:24/24
Status Effect: --
XP: (+2 to base) (+5 to distribute as I see fit)
Target Accuracy: +3
Flame Length: +2
General Stamina: +2
General Agility: +4
Between Accuracy: +3
Pain Resilience: +2
Instinct: +3
Luck: +2

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:39 am
M'yk and brown Dobrokhoth - Burning Aces

Steady as ever, M'yk and Dobrokhoth were ready to do their duty, and had been keeping largely to themselves as they went through their last checks and preparations. The brown was more somber than usual, with the loss of a dear friend still fresh in his mind and casting a shadow over his hearts. The sweet voice of Gelith, though, back with them at last, pulled him out of those sad thoughts somewhat, and he crooned, though he couldn't yet move to be near her...Z'tir and Siloth had quite the timing in caling for an inspection! I am always ready! he answered, even as he straightened to be looked over, his eyes whirling blue; though he was a bit conflicted about their (very) recent transfer into Burning Aces, as it placed him farther from Gelith, his routine-loving hearts had missed serving under his previous wingleader. Even moreso, now that you will be in the air with everyone again.

We are awaiting inspection, but as soon as it is done, I will come to see you, I promise. And he and His were, of course, in perfect order, so he doubted it would be long at all. M'yk stood at attention beside him, pleased as could be about the arrangement, though it would be hard to tell from looking at him, as he looked nothing but appropriately serious and focused. Because he was.

demon_pachabel
hoo this boy is rusty, sorry. (also a bit of tweaking due to changed circumstances!)

Green Samodith - Burning Aces (Grounded)

Though considerably less gray than she had been two sevendays ago, and far more consistently aware and coherent, Samodith was no less miserable. To be injured was one thing, but to be sick and weak was entirely another, and she hated every moment of it. She was more or less out of the woods, but it had taken its toll, leaving her feeling exhausted and still weak. Seeing everyone gather and gear up for a Fall certainly didn't help, and she watched from her out-of-the-way spot with gray and orange swirling in her eye.

She wanted to fight, not be stuck here on the ground, feeling as lonely as she ever had. Akaris had gone to see off Andelath's, of course, leaving her alone with her brooding and the dull ache in her hearts that was near impossible to smother when she just felt absolutely wretched. There was nothing to drown it out with, only melancholy and bitterness. She almost missed the days she had been unconscious more often than not, because at least she hadn't had to think.

Watching them all prepare, she couldn't help but circle back to thoughts of what some must think of her, injured so soon after graduation and now again. Neither had been due to any lack or error on her part, but how many looked at her and attributed it to her youth and color? Just another silly green who'd probably not been taking things seriously and let herself be distracted. Or perhaps they thought she was serving a green's real purpose of being fodder for the Enemy. If they thought about her at all. Would anyone in her wing ever take her seriously at this rate?

Heaving a sigh, Samodith shut her eye and tried to will herself back to sleep. She had no reason to expect any visitors, with her affections and longings mostly unreturned or else far away.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:05 pm
R'iz & Bossuth ~ Harbingers

Since the first time where Bossuth had been threadscored so badly that his right side was now a mangle of scars that so appropriately matched the left side of his rider's face to a T, the two had been nervous when flying thread. Naturally they'd survived many since that first time, but it didn't make it any less nerve-wracking when they were standing in the Bowl getting ready, ensuring that everything they could do to make it better was taken care of beforehand. R'iz, being who he was, had seen to everything being triple checked long before others were even done with their first, because when the teenager did anxiety he became a living ball of it, even after turns of mindhealing now.

We'll be just fine, as long as we work together. The bronze was almost annoyingly calm, given that there were two green dragons both speaking to him at exactly the same time, both of whom he loved in different ways, he was keeping himself mellow much better than his rider. Instead his calm gently wrapped around the redhead's heart and seemed to make it beat just a tiny bit slower, they couldn't afford any mistakes right when they were about to fly to fight thread, but they could afford anxiety even less. It didn't help R'iz think any clearer now, but he knew once he was on his bronze's back he'd be better.

Lifting his head, Bossuth glanced about for both Yulaniath and Zygmuth, his eyes swirling both blue and purple. Both of them were flying in the second wave so they would be in the sky fighting with him soon enough, before he even realized even. For now he reached out to both individually.

His tail came around to gently nudge R'iz towards where Shar was, ignoring the squawk of indignation he gave as he focused first on Yulan. One of us is ready to go, the other not as much. There was a sort of laughter in his voice. As long as he stays calm this should go well, I'm just sorry you have to wait so long to fly.

For his green love he bugled and craned his neck just a bit, so much smaller than most other bronzes. Over here Zygmuth, are you ready for the fall? I'm glad you'll be flying the second half. For what reason he couldn't exactly express but it was there all the same.

SilverLutz

magnadearel

---

V'gar & Ngawanth ~ Trespassers

Though Ngawanth was strapped and ready for the second wave, V'gar was determined to check her over once more and would check her over another few times likely because it kept their hands moving. Of course they were going to help, anything that someone needed in the Bowl they'd be there to lend a hand where it was needed. The dark green with her narrowed eyes that were always swirling multitudes of colors was simply relaxing but her rider was checking her lower straps once more and hadn't noticed.

You have company, you should stop. Ngawanth's voice made them blink and glance up from where they were knelt down and straight up into Y'qua's eyes. Standing in a hurried rush they wobbled for just a brief moment and were snatched into a tight hug by their mate, sadness washing over V'gar as they realized they would be watching them fly off to fight the first half of fall while they had to wait behind.

This happened all the time given that they were in different wings and were generally separated like this, but it didn't stop them from tugging Y'qua tighter. "It won't be too late, we'll celebrate with some good spicy stew, my treat." Their smile was soft even if their words were impish and playful. Gently they pressed a kiss just above the blonde's ear. "Fly safe and smart, you're better than anyone else up there after all."

If someone else heard you say that we'd be punished for weeks. Ngawanth said with a sigh. Dear sister, please help, Mine will have us thrown from the Weyr in disgrace at this rate. She gave a dramatic flair to her words as she spoke to Heimdath imploringly, comedically.

Prism Shine

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:43 pm
Yulan gave a little trumpet of amusement at Bossuth's reply, knowing that R'iz was probably the one he meant that was hesitant. She knew he'd do his duty without fail but waiting was certainly the worst part. All the anticipation could make worriers fret more than usual and could give those who were rearing to go too much excitement when they finally were called to go.

It's all right, I'm used to it by now. Waiting makes the fight that much better. She turned her head to nudge Shar forward through the bustling riders, helping her find their target.

Shar gave Yulan's cheek a fond stroke before stepping forward, an excited but measured look on her face. She knew R'iz would be nervous and she knew those nerves would melt away a bit once they were airborne, so if she could chew up some time between now and when he'd leave she'd try.

"Bossuth looks ready to go," she observed, checking his straps from where she stood towards his rear. From what she could see everything looked fine. Turning back to R'iz, she gave him a little smirk before reaching up to tug his goggles down over his eyes haphazardly, certainly not in the position they were supposed to sit in.

"Are you? Waiting is the worst," she added as she folded her arms over her chest, already in her leathers to be ready to go at a moment's notice.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:14 pm
Y’qua & Green Heimdath - Harbingers (First Wave)
HARBINGERS
Y’qua of Green Heimdath
HP: 20/20
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 8
General Stamina: 6
General Agility: 7
Between Accuracy: 8
Pain Resilience: 6
Instinct: 6
Luck: 6

Shard it all, this feeling was like no other; to feel safe in V’gar’s arms, and he squeezed them a touch tighter, burying his face into his mate’s jacket collar. There’s a brief flicker in him to pretend it was still the morning, that he wasn’t going to fight, but it would be a misgiven; he had his duties as a dragonman of Pern, to fight and protect others who couldn’t protect themselves against thread. Letting his mind stray from his duty might get himself well killed, and he had to be here for when V’gar returned. Couldn’t very well do that if he wasn’t careful, now could he?

Soft, playful words warmed his heart, turning to press his forehead against theirs at a kiss at his ear. “Sounds absolutely wonderful. A nice hot drink, afterwards?” Y’qua isn’t quite sure what he’s done to deserve this; three wonderful turns with his sweet green, domestic bliss with his mate. Things he could hardly even imagine about, nevermind actually having. Nestling in slightly, he presses a quick kiss to their cheek as it hits him that V’gar won’t be flying the first wave with him, even if in separate wings. “I will as long as you do, love. No one outshines you.”

At least we’d be thrown along with you both. It’s a wry curl of humor, though the green physically doesn’t move much but stay at attention and awaiting for their wingleader’s mark. At least they would both still be in best company.

Hattaki

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:46 pm
Wa’ren & Brown Caironairth - Tresspassers
TRESPASSERS
Wa’ren of Brown Caironairth
HP: 42/42
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 6
General Stamina: 6
General Agility: 6
Between Accuracy: 6
Pain Resilience: 9
Instinct: 8

Releasing a breath he wasn’t aware he’d been holding, Wa’ren wrapped his arms around J’er’s shoulders, gazing down fondly at the man. He hummed thoughtfully, leaning into the finger at his nose. “You’re a good distraction, but that’ll have to be after I’m back on the ground, hm?” No, his mind would be on the skies when time came, just as it had been for every fight he and Caironairth had risen to fight against. But it would be a lie to not say that Wa’ren was looking forward to being back on the ground, to see J’er was safe and sound.

Leaning down, he met that icy gaze; the sharpest blue skies couldn’t compare, and he leaned into the warmth of the man’s palm against his cheek, pressing a kiss to the edge before turning to catch J’er’s kiss. “Stay safe, and fly smart; we’ll be home again soon.” It’s all that he can whisper against their lips, knowing they’ll be hearing A’dras’ call soon enough. They would be safe, they had to be.

They’re marks of a survivor, dearest. Though he knew Cyliodath’s opinions on his scars was less than ideal, Caironairth also preferred a wound over death. The brown nestled against the top of the dainty blue’s head, thrumming softly. And you will be the most spectacular sight, and one I cannot wait to see after fall is over. On the ground and safe, but he was a fair mark less worried than his rider.

Spockat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:12 pm
BURNING ACES WING
Assistant Weyrlingmaster Z'von of Bronze Dhremorath

HP: 46
Status Effect:
XP:

Target Accuracy: 6
Flame Length: 7
General Stamina: 8
Between Accuracy: 6
Pain Resilience: 8
Instinct: 6

-----

Amused by Cythereath's request, Dhremorath regarded the young green. When our Wingleader is finished with his inspection I will consider your request, he informed her. Nevertheless, he passed it on to Z'von, whose lips tugged in a smirk. Of course Cythereath, of all greens, would be so bold. He knew that on some level Dhremorath found the green's forward nature charming, loathe though he was to admit it. For all that he had spent the better part of the day between his duties and ensuring that Ce'rian was at no shortage of kisses, it was evident that Cythereath didn't feel that it was sufficient.

Not that he had any intention of avoiding the matter of giving Ce'rian a proper send-off. Catching the young man's eye, the assistant Weyrlingmaster crossed his arms, and turned to face his Wingleader as Z'tir strode past. There was surely nothing in his preparations that was untoward. He had been trained well, after all, and spent his days training others in much the same way.

Uta

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:34 pm
HARBINGERS WING
R'shahar of Bronze Viandarth

Status Effect:
XP:

Target Accuracy: ??
Flame Length: ??
General Stamina: ??
General Agility: ??
Between Accuracy: ??
Pain Resilience: ??
Instinct: ??
Luck: ??

-----

As his own Wingleader had not yet called for an inspection, R'shahar was available when Macuith informed Viandarth of exactly what he'd like to do before Threadfall. Unfortunately, he also didn't move quite fast enough. Just as R'shahar arrived, he noted that Nadry was... well, firmly back in place standing in line with Burning Aces. Shaff.

"Just missed her, I'm guessing?" R'shahar said, taking in the sight of C'lusi looking a trifle mussed. It was a good look for the man, to be sure. With a fond smile, R'shahar reached down and lifted C'lusi up into his arms. "I was going to say goodbye to Nadry too, but this'll have to do for now." With any lucky, Nadry would be back, not that R'shahar minded at all tracking her down if need be.

For his part, Viandarth settled beside Macuith, extending a large wing to cover him completely. If his great bulk was suffocating, well, it was a little too late to complain now. Hello, my beauty, he crooned, leaning down to nuzzle the blue - albeit very carefully. He had no desire to send him tumbling. Macuith remained a little unsteady these days.

Uta
Meepfur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:49 pm
BURNING ACES WING
Wingleader Z'tir of Bronze Siloth

Status Effect:
XP:

Target Accuracy: 9
Flame Length: 9
General Stamina: 13
General Agility: 8
Between Accuracy: 7
Pain Resilience: 10
Luck: 7

-----

With a critical eye, Z'tir surveyed his Wing. Those who had chosen to line up for inspection, or who had joined the line, would find some favor with their Wingleader. If, admittedly, the impact was relatively small. Still, if there were rest days to be handed out, it would be kept well in mind. "That strap is an embarrassment to the Wing," he snapped, noting that one of his brownriders had allowed the riding straps to be too long. "Tighten that up. Would you prefer to dangle helplessly while your brown frets? And don't let me catch you with loose straps again." He'd be lucky if the sharding thing didn't snap! Not too tight, not too loose - and his people knew the drill by now, surely.

Or was Burning Aces somewhat less the pride of the Weyr than they should be? When he caught sight of the Weyrleaders' son attempting to catch his eye, he gave a subtle signal of his hand. He'd been inspected and was free to go. Z'tir was almost finished with the inspection, at that. "Burning Aces, fall out! Get your farewells over with. We'll be in the air soon enough." Leaning on the cane that gave him added mobility, the Wingleader paced back to where his dragon stood waiting. He would have a farewell of his own, no doubt.

Quote:
All of Burning Aces

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:47 pm
BURNING ACES WING
Be'ren of Bronze Silmarath

HP: 35
Status Effect:
XP:

Target Accuracy: 7
General Stamina: 7
Between Accuracy: 7
Pain Resilience: 6

-----

Now released from their duty to stand and be deemed worthy, Be'ren and Silmarath left the line of riders and dragons alike. The two parted, however, for each had their own farewells to attend to. Peeling away, Be'ren walked up to where Olliah stood, daring to take her hand. "And in the glade a light was seen/Of stars in shadow shimmering," Be'ren quoted, the old verse no longer given context except the beautiful woman before him. "My lovely lady, might I have the honor of a token to carry me through the Fall?"

It was, perhaps, ridiculous. But Be'ren would ever render himself ridiculous, if only it might bring a smile to Olliah's lips. A smile that was mirrored on his own lips, in fact, as he stood holding that lovely gloved hand. "A kiss would do very well, if you don't have anything at hand." And ah, but he did want a kiss. He welcomed it, for all that she was the Weyrwomansecond and had duties to attend to.

Silmarath, for his part, had found handsome Kindeth with the rest of Trespasser's Wing. Hello, beloved, he said fondly, leaning against the much larger bronze. If his beautiful, handsome Kindeth dwarfed him, he didn't mind. Nuzzling his wedge-shaped head against the bronze's own, Silmarath crooned affectionately. Are you ready?

Uta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:59 pm
Ky’ess & Hiraeth - Trespassers (2nd Wave)
TRESPASSERS
Ky’ess of Blue Hiraeth
HP: 25/25
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 2
Flame Length: 4
General Stamina: 2
General Agility: 2
Between Accuracy: 4
Pain Resilience: 2
Instinct: 2
Luck: 3

Hiraeth chirped, his head perking up. That’s fantastic. Not long at all. There’s a curl of calmed relief in his eyes. Though he never had extensive wingsail damage (...yet), he had family who had been downed several times from thread due to it. What holes in his own sails had been small enough to heal quickly. But there’s an upbeat note that healers were prospective on his recovery -- they’d been right when he’d gotten scored pretty bad a few months ago, after all.

His mild fidgeting stills as Bajeth’s head bumped against his, and for the briefest moment, Hiraeth could have been mistaken for a blue statue. Eyes shifting a myriad of colors, hard to pinpoint exactly where each emotion wanted to settle on. But it’s only a few heartbeats before he remembers breathing is, in fact, necessary, and Hiraeth oh-so-gently booped the large bronze in return. Yet the quiet isn’t broken as he listens to the peptalk, but the maelstrom of emotions in his eyes settles back down, a war of the settled, anxious yellow and it slowly being beaten out by greens, blues, and a curl of pink.

You-- You’re right, Of course Bajeth was. His inexperience was bleeding at the edges, but even if he’s fought thread before at night, it didn’t stop him from worrying about possibly flaming someone else -- or not seeing thread in time. But fear would keep him cautious, at least. Overconfidence was never a problem in himself or his rider. Maybe a lack of sufficient confidence, perhaps.. Hiraeth gently nudged back, heartened by the waves of confidence and reassurance. No wonder you’re a ‘second. I’m.. feeling much better. Thank you. There’s a small, cheerful swirl as he crooned. If Bajeth believed in him, he would do well.

The cascade of emotions from Hiraeth had Ky’ess almost wanting to join his dragon’s side to see what had caused such a myriad -- but the overwhelming reassurance from him that it was Fine has him ready to check on the blue before they went up. There’d be a few hours to kill with helping out, there would be time. Something with Bajeth, though he could take a vague, educated guess.

“Sure is; nighttime, fire, and thread. What better way is there to spend an evening?” A smile flickers at the edge of his lips, shrugging mildly. He’d have liked to have been first wave, but there would always be falls at night as long as thread was still around -- it certainly didn’t care when it fell.

But that line of worry carrying through him finally releases at S’ian’s explanation. Something that he understood, at the very least. Ky’ess nodded, grimacing at the reminder of Bajeth’s injury -- and the panic he remembered at hearing how the ‘second had been downed only the previous week. “At least it’s a mistake that’ll heal -- and you and Bajeth down here likely help so much.” S’ian was a good man - a good wingsecond, and clearly a boon for Burning Aces. If the bronzerider made him feel this calm and secure, no doubt the riders under his care were in good hands.

The heavy clap to his shoulder has him jump slightly, but relax just as quickly. Nodding slightly, Ky’ess smiled at the older rider. He’d probably still worry about S’ian, but he’ll at least worry about the task at hand. “No promises, but I’ll come back to you in one piece. Hiraeth’s fast, we’ll be alright.” And.. shardit, the invitation sounded nice. Better than his usual routine of picking at a meal or taking it back to his weyr; he could quickly get used to these invitations if he wasn’t careful. “Sounds great, it’s a --” ..date? No. Nope. No. “It’s a plan.”

But.. There is a part of him that was nervous for himself. That threadfall at nighttime would be the last he would see of the sky, of his home, of his.. friend. Let him face consequences later, but there’s something impulsively selfish as he takes a step, and two forward, wrapping his arms none-too-tightly (for his shoulder wouldn’t allow tight hugs) around S’ian quickly, before bouncing a step back. Face a touch pink, though maybe that was just sun. “Don’t worry. Things will be okay.” He believed. He had to believe.

SilverLutz

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:01 pm
Melka - Candidate (overburdened)
Shards and shells, but she'd been running left, right, and everywhere in between it seemed! While she had long come to understand that days when Thread fell were always stressful and busy, that didn't mean they got any easier. Today, in particular, the tension was particularly bad; not only had this moment been sitting on the Weyr's shoulders all morning, but night falls were always extra dangerous. The shadows were growing longer every passing minute, and there was still so much to do.

Candidatemaster F'dral had made sure the Candidates wouldn't have idle hands, and Melka had been tasked to launder, roll, and deliver bandages. Perhaps she'd taken a few too many, a bit too confident in her ability to successfully deliver so many in one go. Shards, if she dropped these, F'dral would have her head....If only her twin had been assigned the same task.

"Here, let me help with that."

Thank Faranth, someone called out to help her. Initially, she thought it was another Candidate, but when she looked up she found herself face-to-face with a rider. And there was gold in those shoulder knots. Whoops. "Thanks, I... I think they multiplied from when I first grabbed them." She smiled brightly at Niobet. She certainly wouldn't burden the goldrider with helping her deliver, but if she could just readjust her grip without any falling, she'd be happy. She was more than half-way to her intended destination, after all.

Samuel Carlin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:16 am
S'ian and Bajeth
Burning Aces Wingsecond - Grounded

Bajeth watched the younger dragon as he ran through quite a few emotions, but the important part was that at the end of it all he was feeling better. Cautious was a perfectly acceptable thing to be on nights like tonight and charging in bull-headed was not the way to go about fighting Thread, day or night. Things got crazy out there and anything could happen in the blink of an eye. Bajeth knew that all too well and for a moment a little swirl of grey slipped into his eyes. But he couldn't worry about losing his friends and wingmates or else he'd be too scared to fly.

Glad to hear it. You'll have to come back for a quick visit before it's time for you to go. I'm sure you'll look spectacular with your glows. His already starry hide would certainly look quite charming in the soft, warm light of the lanterns. And I'm sure Mine wouldn't mind another visit from yours, either. By that point in the night he'll probably need a little distraction.

As he spoke the sight of a familiar green caught his eye not far from where he was situated. Samodith was alone on the edge of the bowl. She looked miserable even if she was looking a bit healthier than she had been as of late and Bajeth understood why. Being grounded wasn't something any dragon relished, and with a gentle touch to her mind he reached out to her from where he sat.

Watching everyone gear up isn't easy, is it? If you're willing, you can come join me once the Bowl clears a bit for the first leg of the flight. You don't need to be alone in this, Samodith. His tone was gentle but uplifting, his concern clear while still encouraging. Bajeth wasn't like some of the other bronzes at High Reaches, finding worth and value in every dragon no matter their color. He took pride in checking in with every dragon in his wing, especially those that might be overlooked by others for one reason or another.

Meepfur

Ky'ess wasn't the only one slightly distracted by what was going on elsewhere in the Bowl and S'ian took a moment to toss a glance in the direction of his bronze. There were too many people and dragons in the way to really see what was happening, but it was clear Bajeth was content with whatever was going on. He assumed Hiraeth was there since Ky'ess was here, but one could never be too sure.

As Ky'ess spoke he turned to give him his attention again, a small chuckle leaving him at the rhetorical question. What better way indeed? He could probably name six hundred and thirty three ways without even trying but they both understood that this was not the way either of them would pick if given the option.

"Eh, one can hope. Always need more hands running gauze and firestone," he agreed, waving a hand towards the supply stations that were being tended to. "Never know when you'll be needed in here, that's for sure." If he could help anyone with anything he'd do it, though he was mostly here for his wing.and supporting them as they returned. And if he could help a new friend feel a bit better in the process? Well, that was icing on the cake.

He let his hand slide off Ky'ess' shoulder as the other rider agreed to his proposition, glad to give him something to focus on. Live for, even. Sometimes that's all it took to drag a rider and dragon out of Between. And sometimes it wasn't, that awful little voice at the back of his head whispered, sending a icy wave of sadness through him. Sometimes nothing you said or did would be enough. Sometimes people you cared about left and never came back-

His momentary trip down memory lane came to a screeching halt as a pair of arms wrapped around him, a gentle squeeze making S'ian go very still. It was over as quick as it started, leaving the wingsecond to stare at Ky'ess, trying to process the hug and the words that followed.

"Yeah-" he said, having to stop and clear his throat. It had come out kind of squeaky and wobbly. "Yeah, things. Things'll be okay." He wasn't sure if he meant now, in this moment, or if he was referring to the less than wonderful memories swirling around in his head now. He cleared his throat again all the same and looked away for just a moment, collecting himself, before giving Ky'ess another smile.

"Well. If you get bored waiting for your turn to go up, I'll be around."

Prism Shine

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Spockat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:42 am
J’er of blue Cyliodath [Trespassers - First Wave]

J'er and Cyliodath flew Cyliodath well together. Tasked and analytical. Decades together would do that to you, he supposed. He couldn't quell Wa'ren's worry, thread was up to fate and instincts, hopefully he had a little luck on him today too. "We always do," he smiled gently. Sealed with a press of lips. A promise.

Was he ever grateful he impressed such a keen eyed sapphire. "That goes double for you both." Caironairth would be steadfast, Cyliodath knew it, and he couldn't argue with their impeccable judgment.

He twisted a hand in Wa'ren's shirt. A tether, an anchor. "No heroics, either. You got that?" His eyes were chips of ice, serious and unrelenting. They would do their duty, no wingrider wouldn't. But sacrifice simply wasn't in J'er's vocabulary. "I need you back in one piece."

Scars suited some, Cyliodath supposed. He was not one of them. He fussed with his wings another moment before letting them lay flat. Perhaps Cai, I'd rather look lopsided then return to you in a matchbox. He echoed them softly, his hum a bit more of a tin whistle but sweet all the same.

You're to hunt me something for dinner and we're to have a moonlit fly somewhere. After a well deserved nap. Cyliodath caught his brown love's gaze. Of course it'd have to be a promise. We can't have any delays to such an important thing. He twined tails and gently rubbed his forehead against Caironairth's cheek. So we simply mustn't have something silly as an injury. Stay safe.

Prism Shine

Threadfall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces