Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
An Ultra Excursion! - Ultra Space Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:53 am
Aden would have to shield his eyes from the new bit of light trying to blind him, though seeing Crystal's motions made it easy for him to prepare accordingly and he was able to open his eyes again anyway once they'd traversed through the portal. If he hadn't been riding with the Solgaleo hybrid, suddenly seeing all of Alola and being far, far higher up than he'd ever feel comfortable being without a good reason would've seen him panic. Instead, because was able to be a bit more collected, he could see the suit was reading that the atmosphere would be amicable to him and Reno... and that the shielding on his own wasn't faring quite as well as he'd like to admit. But it was good info for later, and he could at least take the suit off while they were here.

"I guess that would still apply for weird cosmic, reality-hopping portal doors," he remarked after the muttering. "Still weird seeing the whole region in one shot like this, though... wait, what about- MALASADAS!?" Barely managing to tighten his grip in time for Crystal to have a case of zoomies over one (1) Malasada, he'd wonder if maybe she'd accept them as a form of payment in the future. He'd get a chance to regain his composure after the ride had fully come to a stop, slowly getting off to take off the suit afterward and put it alongside Reno's in the sidecar.

"That is Crystal with us, right? Not sis after finding a cache of Pecha and Magost Berries and transformed?" He asked himself, already knowing the answer and taking a moment to go inside and take a quick trip to the bathroom. Just in case. Once he got back into the rest of the bakery, it'd be just in time for Crystal remembering that others had tagged along.

"...sure?" He figured time wasn't really of the essence here. A Malasada or two would be fine. If it wasn't, they'd probably understand if they had to do without. Maybe. He glanced down at his vest for a second as he took a bite, figuring there wasn't a point in checking the SNAG in one of the pockets; chances are it wouldn't be operable aside from any offline functions, the reason a Psychic Pokemon had been so important to this point. But he wasn't feeling the usual energy from the Time Flute in an inner pocket either, and hadn't been since going into Ultra Space. He had meant to leave that behind, but forgot to do so in his hurry and hoped it wouldn't cause too many complications. It did mean he now got the chance to see how it'd react to being in a different reality, though.

He doubted it'd totally affect his abilities if it came to it, though. For now, Malasada.

"You know, I can see the appeal in these. Interesting mix of flavors, especially with the berries and cream," he remarked, briefly wondering how well he could replicate it. "Surprised you were able to get a couple of boxes that easily, though." Then again, it wasn't like the bakery was in any shortage. Yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:33 pm
“Flying people though Ultra Space takes more out of me than I initially expected,” Crystal defended herself after finishing the bite, feeling very minorly attacked by Reno. “I’m going to need the energy if we’re just jumping without a prolonged rest. If I still have a normal stomach like most everyone else, anyways.” She’d take another bite, looking between the box on the ground and the boxes she was holding before rolling her eyes and lifting the box of notebooks with Psychic. “Maybe should have thought about this before ordering so many. Anyways, let’s go see Auntie Burnet now? Her lab’s just on the outskirts of the city.” She’d summon her hard light surfboard once more and land the box of books on there once again, hopping on herself and taking off at a much more reasonable rate for in town driving, especially with the extra boxes now. “So, don’t be surprised when she calls me by a different name,” she’d warn the pair. “I did tell her my name when I first met Burnet, but then when I met the kids here, one of them said I looked like a nebula, and well… The name stuck. Everyone that knows me here just calls me Neb or Nebula.” She shrugged, finishing off the malasada as they got to the outskirts of the city, and a lab started coming into view with satellites on the roof and around the building, with a number of them currently pointing in the direction where they entered this reality. “Well. They know something happened, at least. Hopefully they won’t be too mad at us.” She continued until they got to the building, breaking the surfboard and landing gracefully, the box of notebooks landing with a soft thump. “Well, here goes.”

Crystal would force the door open to a cacophony of noise and activity, anyone in the room all glued onto some monitors that were giving off readings, whatever they meant. “Do we have any sort of drones or anyone that can give us reading over there? We need to see if there’s any Fallers that might have fallen into the water, or some of the smaller Ultra Beasts.” The one barking orders had white hair held up with a green headband and probably a decent amount of hair spray, along with a ponytail at the base of her neck. Her yellow eyes were jumping from monitor to monitor, trying to glean any more information from them than what they already told her.

“Auntie Burnet,” Crystal would yell out over the ruckus, waving with a free hand over at her, “Alola! Howzit?”

“Nebula, not now, there was an Ultra Wormhole-” The woman cut herself off as she realized the name she called out, blinking before turning her head to face the newcomers at the door. “Wait, seriously? Neb! Oh my goodness, Neb, is that actually you? Alola! Howzit?” She ran over to Crystal and looked her over before giving her a huge hug. “It’s been a couple of years here, how have you been? Can I assume that Ultra Wormhole was yours? And… friends? Neb, did you actually find your other home reality? And bring a couple of your old friends back?”

“Yes to all of the relevant questions, Auntie,” she laughed, returning the hug with one arm. “It’s a bit of a story, but let’s start with introductions. Auntie Burnet, this is Reno and Aden, two of my friends back from my first home reality. Reno, Aden, this is Professor Burnet, one of the foremost experts in researching other dimensions. And the first person I met here. Second being Uncle Kukui.”

“My husband, and he’s also a Professor,” Professor Burnet continued, “with his area of expertise being in Pokémon attacks. Anyways, it’s a pleasure to meet you two!” She held out her hand to shake theirs. "Do you want to head somewhere a little bit quieter to chat? Your entry did create quite the ruckus," the professor chuckled, looking back at the assistants and all the screens with their readings.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:01 pm
Reno would be staring agape at the bevy of analyzing equipment and accurate location read that this small lab seemed to have on them from one wormhole opening. They had outclassed everything that him and GRAY had managed to slapdash together and he was just trying to take it in at this point. Finally finding his voice, Reno stated, "Yeah. Let's find a quiet spot. Cause I need to know everything about tracking wormhole openings and what tends to result from them, and I will be fully willing to answer questions about our home reality." Still staring off towards the readouts even as he was speaking, Reno would eventually focus back in on reality and the professor they were talking to. "Oh, that was really rude of me, sorry. I'm Reno. I.....am mostly the reason that Crystal ended up here and became Nebula. And I promise whatever bad stories you were told about me were likely accurate but that all the good stories got glossed over." Reno said, giving Professor Burnet a small smile as he spoke. Now was the real question: what exactly had Crystal told them all here about her home reality? Because that could definitely color some of their interactions here very differently.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:56 am
"That's fair, yeah. Also, er, I do have a spare ball to put those in if you need it?" Aden spoke up, though as soon as Crystal brought out the surfboard again, he put away the ball he'd already taken out. "...never mind." Though the sights of Ultra Space were neat, it was good to be able to walk around in an area more hospitable.

"I don't know, that name sounds kinda cute. Surprised sis didn't think to call you it or something, she'd be all over that if she knew." He didn't bother to add that there was a chance she did know- stray thoughts and psychics and all- but knowing her, she still would've tried to respect it not being disclosed proper. "Also, eh, if they're mad at us, they won't be the... first...?" Turns out, even knowing what to somewhat expect wasn't enough to prepare for what'd be seen and heard. And it gave him the feeling this happened more than it reasonably should.

After Crystal waved her down, though, he took a step back. "Wait, she's the-" Now that he thought about it and finally processed it, he did feel like he'd heard of Burnet's name before. But this Burnet probably didn't match the one he'd know of. "...ahem. Yeah, somewhere quieter's probably good. Anyways, I'm Aden, the other partner in crime in the reality hopping field trip. I'll explain more, but uh, maybe after there's less of a concern in giving reasons for more sudden research."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:05 am
The professor shrugged and put her thumbs in her pockets, chuckling. “This way, then. We can head to my office.” She nodded her head in a direction and motioned them to follow her up the stairs.

“Be right there, auntie!” Crystal would find an open table, sliding the unopened box of malasadas onto the table. “Fresh malasadas for you guys! Sorry about the extra work, everyone!” She’d wave again, then catch up to the rest of the group, following them into Burnet’s office.

There’d be enough room in the office, a few chairs, one of which looked notably more supported with metal than the others, a couch, a small table, and a desk cluttered with papers and some picture frames, where there could be room found around the computer tower and monitor at least. “Sorry, I was in the middle of getting some papers in order when the alarm for a new Wormhole went off. Please, take a seat!” Crystal would put down the other box of malasadas on the small table and grab herself another one before taking a seat on the reinforced chair. Burnet herself would take one of the malasadas and bring her office chair over, taking a bite out of the pastry as she sat. “So, you’re the one we have to thank for Neb showing up in our lives? Well, that certainly made things interesting eventually. Well, thank you, Reno,” she chuckled. “I haven’t heard of any bad stories about you. Maybe some stuff about recklessness, but that just showed me where she picked some of that up from, then.”

“Sometimes you have to act recklessly. There’s a time and a place, yeah, but…” Crystal looked mildly sheepish, rubbing the back of her head while a slight dark blue blush would start to appear. Burnet would laugh at her reaction before turning back to Reno and Aden.

“So, you two have come through Ultra Space with Neb, and have all of your memories, and knew her before she was a naive and forgetful child of the stars. What was she like there? And what’s your reality like?”

“Naive and forgetful,” Crystal muttered, becoming all huffy.

“You thought that Kukui was Masked Royal!”

“The only thing naive about that was thinking one of the most intelligent people I knew would believe me on that! The lower half of the jaw’s the exact same! And have you ever seen Kukui and Masked Royal in the same room together? We went to see an event live and Uncle Kukui wasn’t with us, only showing up after the event!”

“I mean, that was kind of odd, but you know how he can get with his research.” Crystal would just give a narrow eyed stare, eventually ending with an exasperated sigh.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:14 pm
Reno did his best at suppressing his laughter over Crystal's indignant responses to Burnet and failed miserably, laughing out loud and doubling over his seat as he watched Crystal do her best to stare through the professor. Whether she was simply playing along with her husband's dual identity or actively ignorant of it didn't matter, this was still hilarious to the Co-Leader. Slowly getting himself back under control as he got over his laughter, Reno would finally respond to the professor's initial questions. "Honestly, pretty similar to that. Ending up the serious person reacting to a lot of our nonsense up until you find something like ruins or Ultra Space for her to nerd out over and stop being so serious over." Reno responded, "As for world differences.....Im gonna go with the fact that we have ended up with Snagging technology, which allows for the people armed with it to take already captured Pokemon, versus your incredible work towards understanding Ultra Space. We've basically got.......a solid week's worth of research and the best I got is some rudimentary protection suits that I figure are liable to not work as much as they do work. Anything you think I'm missing, Aden?"  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:51 pm
"Yeah, got it..." Aden remarked, following the professor into the office, unsurprised at the clutter. If anything, he was a little surprised it wasn't more cluttered with how lived-in it looked. Once Burnet started, he found himself quickly losing a battle against chuckles at both Reno and Crystal's potential (minor) expense.

"If he wasn't reckless, he wouldn't be Reno," he chimed in as he took a seat. Basic as it was- they always were- it was comfortable enough. "Enough" being the key word. "Anyways, appearance and experiences aside... and maybe the Malasadas... I feel like what you know of her here's pretty similar. Just more metal kitty instead of just psychic." He thought of mentioning that her apparent similarities were probably a miracle in itself, but a heartwarming reunion wasn't the best time to bring up topics like death of personality. "As for our reality, it's hard to say? I don't know what kind of research's been done about Ultra Space, if any at all. Neb here's how either of us know anything about it. That and an Ultra Beast sighting or two. I will say this Alola seems a lot like the one we'd know, though, so I feel like we're both at a similar time and technological level."

Leaning back the slightest bit the chair allowed for, he continued. "That said, yeah, anyone apart from her has maybe 3 days' experience with anything about it and I'm surprised Reno was able to get something developed so quickly to travel with her. ...also, it's more like a month in my case, but we won't talk about that one- ahem. No, I think that pretty much summarizes it?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:26 pm
Crystal’s ears twitched forward when Aden muttered about it being about a month for him, with a very slight tilt of the head. She wasn’t going to ask, she at least relatively understood his unique situation with time, but that was probably the last thing she was expecting to hear. Still, it wasn’t too terribly relevant to the conversation at the moment. Especially as it seemed that the Professor had missed that bit. “Snagging tech? So, the stuff that Team Snagem uses from time to-” Burnet paused as she seemed to recall something else from the past. She then took another, more scrutinous look at the three, her eyes resting on Crystal at the end of it all. “That explains why you asked about the status of Team Snagem here, isn’t it? You’re from Team Snagem from your reality!”

“...Maybe?” Crystal shied ever so slightly away from her Auntie, looking moderately nervous now.

“You know, you could have come out with that once all the excitement was over. I wouldn’t have judged.” Professor Burnet turned her attention back to Reno and Aden, still keeping a pleasant air around her. “Anyways. Serious until you involve Ultra Space or ruins? Well, yeah, that tracks. Metal kitty, as you put it, wasn’t her initial form, though,” she chuckled, walking over to her desk and plucking a picture frame from her desk, bringing it over to show the pair. It showed Burnet and Kukui laughing with a small child floating between them, a malasada in her mouth. Said child had blue-purple skin, fading into pink at her hands and feet, and light blue hair pulled into a giant braid, silver stars scattered through it, and a golden line in the center that appeared to be her part. “And this is how she got the name of Nebula, by the way.”

“When was that picture again?...” Crystal tilted her head, trying to think. “Uh.. I had met Hau at that point, pretty sure. Was that at the festival?”

“Yeah, it was. How did you forget that?”

“I didn’t. I just have almost half a millennium’s worth more memories since then.”

Burnet paused for a moment, blinking. Potentially, if someone listened close enough, they might have heard a record scratch from her at that point. Finally, she spoke up. “I’m… just going to pretend that I didn’t hear you say you’re effectively lifetimes older than me, and merely ask about any potential other versions of myself? I’d presume that she’d also have data on Ultra Space, too.”

“I’m pretty sure I’ve heard her name get dropped once or twice since I’ve been back. Never actually went to go visit her this time. I wasn’t dropped off in Alola, but Galar this time. Which, you know, considering what happened where, it actually makes a modicum of sense.”

Burnet nodded in agreement, until something clicked. “Yeah, from what I remember you talking about your nightmares… Wait, Galar? An Ultra Wormhole opened up in Galar?”

“Twice. Though, I wasn’t aiming when I opened mine for number two.” This time, it was Burnet’s turn to glare at Crystal, who once again looked mildly uncomfortable, even when Burnet sighed in mild annoyance.

"Outside of Neb's apparent ineptitude in guiding where she wants to go after a long time of living... Could I actually take a look at your suits? I'm actually quite curious about them." She gave Crystal one more look before turning to Aden and Reno again. Crystal just shrugged and rolled her eyes, taking another malasada and biting into it.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:55 pm
Reno would shrug and dig his suit out of his bag at his side, giving it a somewhat light toss with his left arm and wincing as he heard a slightly loud creak from the prosthetic. "Well, I got my suit. I'm not sure where Aden put his. I kinda got abandoned to vaguely plummet from the sky on my bike before I could see that." Reno explained, slowly moving around to stand beside Professor Burnet as she examined the suit. "Made it out of a combination of a few materials and alloyed the suit's protective layers with some oddly specific Elemental Gem-infused materials. Not positive on the long-term viability of the thing but it lasted up to what Ultra Radiation I could managed to experiment on it with. Or at least it lasted better than anything else I hit with the stuff. Not that I had a massive pool of resources to test with, but it was short notice and I didn't want to recklessly start telling people we can kick open doors into other dimensions and see what they did knowing that was possible." Stopping suddenly, Reno would give a small, nervous smile. "Sorry. I tend to ramble when I get focused on a subject. So how did I do for amateur hour work?"  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:01 am
"Unless the version of the team here's got much more questionable moral compasses, I'm with Burnet in that you probably wouldn't have had to worry too much. Though if it's anything like our reality's, they're probably just as much about their gray stance of staying independent." Aden remarked, reasoning there was an equal chance that this reality's Snagem was either pretty similar or remarkably different in their operations, but the core was still there.

He couldn't help chuckling at the photo, finding it endearing and reminding him of a few such images in his childhood. "You know, that almost reminds me of some event my dad took me to in Sinnoh once, probably a bit younger than Crystal looks in that- oh. Er, let me run out real quick and I'll get that."

He'd stand up and take his leave, long enough to get his suit from Reno's motorcycle and return with it. "Here we go. Probably should've used a spare ball to stash it instead in hindsight..."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:15 pm
Burnet took the suits and nodded, walking over to her computer and finding a port to plug them in and get the readings on them. “Thank you very much, now let’s see… Let’s compare them to these specs…” The Professor took out a pair of glasses and brought up another program on her second monitor, comparing the specs back and forth, with more and more confusion and concern showing on her face.

Crystal would be oblivious to this currently, thinking about some of the other things. “Reno... depending on the specs of that arm of yours, now that I’m thinking about it, that’s probably another heck of a difference. And they’re kind of similar on the alignment spectrum. Noble mercs for hire. Just didn’t want to have to explain that when I encountered a certain Espeon hybrid that showed up taking a vacation.” She shook her head, taking another bite as she turned to look over at Burnet again. “Uh… Auntie?”

“I mean… I suppose that having this get set up in about three days, this isn’t bad.”

“Light blind me, how bad is it, Auntie,” she grumbled, rubbing the bridge of her nose. “And… What are you comparing it to?”

“So, about a year ago, we had some odd characters come through. Strangely colored skin, two of them wearing certain suits. One of them looked like they could be a male Lunala hybrid. I got the specs of the suits in exchange for answering some of their questions. The plan was to maybe make my own suit, however...”

Crystal bristled when she heard the description of the people, as vague as it was. “What were these questions they asked you? What was their focus?”

“They were about you…” Burnet took a look at her adoptive daughter again and froze for a moment. “Um… I’m going to assume that you’re not on as good of terms with them as they let on.”

“Time’s relative when you reality jump, so it’s hard to determine. However, I’m going to assume no.” She crossed her arms under her shawl, letting out a heavy sigh. “What all did you tell them?”

“That you’re not from this reality, but you couldn’t determine where you came from, since you weren't a Cosmog hybrid when you entered Ultra Space. I talked about your adventures here, how you wound up evolving. And then the fact that you had left about a year prior to go finding your other reality and hadn’t returned since. I didn’t think anything regarding your nightmares or what you had called yourself beforehand was relevant, at the time. Called you Sundaria, though.”

“Thank the Light for that, at least. Yeah, I started calling myself that after I left, once again, to avoid any awkward explanations. But that sounds like Ultra Recon Squad members, and I know the Lunala hybrid. He goes by Nocturne. Surly jerk. If he was there, odds are I had left them by that point, and not on great terms…”

“I’m going to assume you wrecked something. Considering how everything with Lusamine went down, yeah. That wouldn't surprise me.”

“She needed the intervention on so many levels. Also, Nihilego can get launched into a sun, providing that sun isn’t alive and it tries to absorb said sun creature. By the way, you two, don’t let Nihilego touch you. They have some trippy neurotoxins that… eh, let’s just say Reno’s willingness to do something just off the cuff would look like it was well thought out.”

“Yeah… I heard about that. Anyways…” Burnet looked awkward for a moment longer before returning her attention to the computer screens. “You’re probably lucky that you traveled with Neb. Any longer in there without her and something had a good chance of happening. I think, however… The base of your suit looks solid enough. Maybe if we upgraded it with some of the stuff I had planned out…. I never could figure out where to start off at for the base, at least something decently accessible. It looks like you’ve got something quite malleable, so… You think you could stay for a couple days? Give Neb a chance to recharge some and… Neb, how many of those malasadas have you had?”

Crystal was mid bite when she looked up, blinking. She thought for a moment before holding up three fingers, raising another and bringing it back down a few times before shrugging. Burnet shook her head. “You were just like that when you came back with Elio, Serena, and Lillie. Starving and trying to get any sort of energy. Yeah, give her some time to recharge at the Altar or the Lake, and we can work on upgrading these suits.”

“You know, I’ll probably take some time to visit some of the others, too. Hau if he’s around, Lillie, Gladion…”

“Fair. Still, if you’re going to ferry them around, I presume you’re going to need to recharge before jumping back out.” Burnet crossed her arms and gave Crystal that stern, motherly stare. “I’m not going to have you endangering your friends’ lives because you’re not resting before hopping around willy nilly.”

“Fine… Fine. I will.”

“Good. Now then, does this sound amenable to you two?”  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:36 pm
"Man, am I good. Only had 3 days and absolutely no way to test long term exposure but its at least passable." Reno cheered himself on with, giving a self-satisfied grin and a fist pump in response to Burnet's praising of the suit. "but uh....break things? That doesn't quite sound like how Crystal used to be....." Trailing off as Burnet turned towards him and Aden, Reno would give a quick nod. "Yep. Sounds good to me. Just gives me more time to ask for stories about what Crystal did here. And also get some of the tech designs for your tracking hardware for Ultra Wormholes. If we need to trade, I can offer you my arm. I'd offer the leg, but I kinda need it to walk around easy."  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:40 pm
"I'm guessing at least as bad as you'd expect from something cobbled together in three days," Aden remarked, sucking air through his teeth when he heard about the apparent encounter with the Ultra Recon Squad. And one of them was named Nocturne?

"...you know, that name sounds like I'd cut myself on the edge. And uh, noted on Nihilego." As he saw it, the less they had to deal with more Ultra Beasts, the better. Surely there was at least one or two that wasn't some giant danger, though? "Anyways... it'd be good to make sure we're all good to go before trying to go anywhere else or back home. Should be able to manage a few days without much issue here; either way, we've got time."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:47 pm
Crystal chuckled at what Aden said, them having time. “Maybe with someone who can jump through time like I jump through realities. Maybe a bit easier than me, but still. And Nocturne’s got metal on the outside edges of his wings, so he might very well cut you.” She paused for a moment, thinking. “Uh… Light, one could make an argument for him being an emo jerk, based on his personality. Anyways.” The hybrid stood up and stretched, grabbing yet another malasada. “Auntie, I leave my friends in your capable care as you all work on upgrading these kitbashed suits. I think I’ll head over to Melemele, say hi to Uncle Kukui and hopefully Hau! Alola!” The lioness waved in the traditional Alolan fashion as she walked out of the room, stuffing the malasada in her mouth again right afterwards as she left the room.

“Alola, Neb! Well then, I suppose that settles it,” Burnet nodded, a giant grin growing on her face. “And you know what, Reno? I will gladly take you up on that offer. The money we could possibly get for the specs and tech on that arm would probably help fund us for a hot minute if we lost any other outside funding! …Not that I’d be keeping your arm. I’m sure you would like to actually keep it,” she added, blinking in mild surprise with her earlier phrasing. "Studying it is probably a better way to put it."

Crystal waited for a second outside the door after she closed it, contemplating what she heard before sighing and shrugging. She would have tried to keep them from interfering normally, but she’d already probably meddled in things here before she even had her memories back, much less began traveling. Hopefully this didn’t end somewhere off a cliff with these new introductions.

The next couple of days would go by mostly uneventfully. They’d all get an offer to stay at Professor Kukui’s lab when Crystal made it back over there, offering the less dense ones of the trio the couch and loft. The first day for Crystal after meeting up with Burnet was spent on Melemele Island, catching up with Hau, having an impromptu Malasada eating contest with him while Lillie came in with a box that seemed to be a bit heavier than its appearance would initially come across as. Her next couple of days, after checking in with the others, would be taken up by effectively cloistering herself in the ruins at the Lake of the Sunne, even falling asleep there for the night once, her excuse being not noticing how tired she actually was. How she slept on the stones and rocks in there was beyond the others, at least, while Crystal shrugged it off. Maybe she got a harder head after the species change?

While Crystal was gone the following days, there’d be plenty of work on getting the suits up to snuff, with breaks being filled in with stories from either Burnet, or Lillie or Hau if they were there visiting. The stories were of things like their mishaps while on the Island Challenge, Hau losing his first Malasada eating contest to Crystal while she was still a Cosmog hybrid, or Lillie recounting the story of her, Elio, and Selene going into Ultra Space to find Lusamine, including the hybrid punching the daylights out of a bunch of Nihilego while Elio and Selene battled Lillie’s mom. That one sounded like one heck of a story.

Finally, after the three days, the suits would be upgraded, though Burnet did her best to keep the appearances as close as possible. She beamed with pride as she looked upon them, comparing the new readings to the suits she was attempting to emulate. “Awesome! Couldn’t get any closer unless they were made by the same people! Hopefully, you shouldn’t have any issues with the suits from here on out.” She sighed slightly, tilting her head. “I do wish one of these were a personal one, but with all the data I’ve gotten from this, it shouldn’t be too hard to get my own up and running at this point. I really must thank you guys… Now then, to go get Neb.”

“Don’t bother, I’m already here,” Crystal yawned, covering her mouth as she looked around, sounding like she had just woken up from another nap. “I started getting bored. And I might have fallen asleep again.”

“So, I was right about you needing to spend as much time as possible at the Lake?”

“Yes, Auntie.” Crystal rolled her eyes, sighing heavily. “If I felt comfortable staying longer, I probably would. Even with Aden’s abilities, though, I don’t know how I feel about staying even longer than a week at most. Call it paranoia if you want, but some of the stuff that happened while we were traveling is just lurking in the back of my head, unsettling me.” She crossed her arms underneath her shawl and frowned. “So, I take it the suits are done, at least?”

“They are, at least as well as we can get them here. Neb, are you sure you and your friends can’t stay longer,” Professor Burnet inquired, tilting her head and frowning. Her response would be a shake of the head from Crystal.

“Sorry, it would be absolutely lovely, but we’re running on a lot of maybes and what ifs here. I’d feel a lot more comfortable if we knew for certain our hair-brained idea worked. And when there’s a Kartana that followed a slashed meteor into a Wormhole, potentially a little too close to where we entered Ultra Space for comfort, as I keep replaying it…” She winced as she recalled the memory, momentarily biting her lip. “Yeah, something’s just telling me that we need to get a move on and make sure things are okay back home.”

“And that’s not your wanderlust talking?”

“We were beginning to be plagued with Ultra Beast attacks around and within Mt. Silver, in the Johto region, when we left,” the hybrid explained to the Professor, frowning again. “There wasn’t one when we did, but obviously it’s not Alola, or even Galar, since it felt oddly similar when I showed back up in our reality there. I don’t know why… But now things are weaker over at home, and I, at the very least, want to make sure things haven’t gone completely over to chaos there. Sorry,” she apologized to everyone in the room, shrugging. “Do you have any tape nearby, Auntie?” With a sigh, Burnet pulled out a roll of duct tape from a nearby desk drawer and tossed it to her.

“Should I be concerned?”

“Nah. Just taping Lillie’s gift and my box of journals together. Make it one thing to keep it all in one place. Also makes sure I don’t lose any journals in case anything happens.” She nodded, turning to Reno and Aden. “Whenever you guys are ready, I’ll be outside.” With that, Crystal would walk outside, grabbing her box of journals and taping it together with the box that Lillie’s gift was in. Burnet frowned as she left.

“Aden, Reno. Please take care of Neb. There are times where I wonder if she feels she’s the only one that can solve certain problems, and she was like that at times even before she evolved.” A long, exhausted sounding sigh would come from the woman, rubbing her temples. “I do worry about her, honestly. But knowing that she’s found her home and original friends and family helps. So, please, make sure she takes care of herself, as well as you yourselves. I can’t imagine that the journey is entirely safe, even if you had complete, state of the art tech from people who actually know what they’re doing. Anyways, I’ll meet you outside.” With that, the Professor followed Crystal outside, the two talking as Aden and Reno got ready.

Whenever the two boys made their way outside, they’d wind up seeing Crystal taking cover as Burnet was smacking her with a sandal, apparently berating her for trying to run herself ragged during all of this. When all was said and done, hugs were had from Burnet and the trio would make their way back to the Altar of the Moone. There would be a couple others waiting for them there: Hau, Lillie, and Professor Kukui. Hau would be there with another large box of malasadas for the group, as something to have for their ride home. Professor Kukui insisted he was told to record what happened, though he’d eventually admit he wanted to see Crystal off as well. And Lillie would say that she was making up for not seeing her off the first time. With all goodbyes said, Crystal would reopen the wormhole for them to leave, waiting for the others to go through before she went through herself, waving goodbye to friends and family there before taking off herself and closing the wormhole behind her.

The travel through Ultra Space was going quite well and uneventful, almost too well. Any new wormholes that spontaneously formed would be relatively far away from the group, and there weren’t any sightings of any Ultra Beasts. Logically, it might have been fine. Theoretically, Ultra Space was infinite, and so there was a lot of space and there was always a chance for no random encounters. However, that wasn’t the normal luck Crystal had experienced in the past, and it was bugging her even more. That would change, though, with the sudden arrival of a white and gold creature, a blur at first and looking like it was aimed towards Reno’s hoverbike. However, at the last minute, there would be a slight swerve and finally a good look at the creature. It looked insectoid, with its long antennae and spindly arms, but also tall and feminine, looking like a caricature of a supermodel if it were a Pokémon. This impression would last only a brief moment, however, as one well placed kick would send Aden flying off rapidly into a different direction, with a wormhole’s gravity well catching him and pulling him into a reality that no one would be planning on entering just yet. “Aden! Light blinded Pheromosa…. Reno, watch out- whoa!” As soon as the Ultra Beast showed up, it would speed off again, instantly darting off as if Aden was merely in the creature’s way, content to get the unclean creature in its path gone. “For the love of… Reno, come on, let’s find Aden!” With that, Crystal would fly off in Aden’s direction, entering the Ultra Wormhole to find him.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:28 pm
For three days, Reno got to tinker and figure out with an actual scientist where exactly he had made a few missteps with his prototype suits, where some causation had been taken as correlation, and also what having a few more materials on hand immediately that are relevant. It was an interesting experience for certain. As was seeing all of these people that Crystal apparently grew up around. Reno could see why she had kept to this reality as long as she had if this was the sorts of people she was surrounded by. And now he had contributed his own additions to everything, gaining a slight fondness for malasadas and at least a cordial relationship with Kukui when he stopped by at the lab while Burnet had been on break with the suit modifications and Reno was on break from his accidental efforts to jumpstart the robotics and prosthetic fields by a decent amount. Hopefully that slight introduction of foreign technology didn't cause any major issues.

But eventually, their time had to come to an end. And with a quick promise to Professor Burnet to make sure they kept an eye on Crystal, Reno at least would take off once again into Ultra Space on his space-faring hovercycle. He wasn't sure on their exact destination this time, but all he knew was that they had been wanting to find a world to try and disprove the hunter's assertions. Or, at the worst, identify some ways they might be able to prevent what the hunter mentioned from occurring. And with this slight distraction, Reno would only catch sight of the white blur zipping towards the hoverbike when all his best evasive actions would just adjust where this mystery blur would hit Reno. Bracing himself for the inevitable impact as it always seemed like these things went, Reno would wait.

And wait.

And wait.

And then hear as Aden was punted into the distance by this mystery blur. Opening his eyes as he heard this and saw that everything was fine for him, Reno give a quick laugh at his luck before remembering that Aden didn't have any way to move around Ultra Space. And watching as he entered into an Ultra Wormhole, Reno would simply sigh as he kicked the bike into action to follow behind Crystal. "The one time it isn't me the universe kicks and we send the poor other guy flying into who the hell knows where. Actually, do we know anything on this reality or are we just flying blind?" Reno quizzed Crystal, flying into the Ultra Wormhole just behind her. He could wait for an answer once they were on the other side, but it seemed vital to know what fresh hell they might be entering.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff