Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
can you buy happiness? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

does money buy happiness?
  yes
  no
  in certain situations
View Results

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:53 pm
Sakura-Kyoukan
Angelic_Highlights
but if money can buy that you then it is artificial happiness if it releys on material posssessions, what if there is a fire etc...
then you can afford fire insurance!

Personally i think money has corrupted society, but as one of the millions of people forced to suck at it's teet there's nothing we can do but try to earn enough of it to live without worry.

too true but of course that was just one eventuality of course wink getting presents makes you happy yes because either a special occasion or just because the person is feeling generous smile so i suppose that brings a limited ammount of happiness...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:27 pm
yes ye syes it seems like a happy day  

Rage Shinobi

mutilations

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:04 pm
Money can buy love, only momentaryaly...such as a gift given to you by a dying family member as a token of love  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:11 pm
RageDruid, please stop posting in all of the old threads please gonk  

Manji-luo

Sasuke`Uchiha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:59 pm
buying freinds is a stupid idea....  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:52 pm
IMWanderling
I suppose it would depend on what it was you were spending money on. If I was buying stuff just for myself, then no...it wouldn't make me happy. If I was buying stuff for others, then yes...money would make me happy. 3nodding

so buying stuff for others makes u happy?
i can help make u happy..lol..  

kered0

Generous Businessman

7,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Generous 100

The Harbinger of Death

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:38 pm
well, I've always thought of it like this::

If you have money, you have happiness, to an extent. When that extent is reached, one must find another source of happiness. It is this fact that drives most rich people insane.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:30 pm
maby for only a while but not for ever  

HvKxGankQueenVi

Hilarious Entrepreneur

pr_king83

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:14 pm
ok, lets think about this one for a second.

lets say i'm single. i make like 40,000 a year. now i'm makin pretty good money for being single, but there are limitations. i can't live like i make 400,000 a year. so i'm only able to live like i make 40,000 a year. i have a car, a house, clothing, and gadgets. so someone can look at me and say that i'm well off.

but people aren't easily satisfied. we need more. thats y we fantasize about things. when we finally get what we want (material), most of the times, we find that it doesn't make us as happy as we thought it would. So then we fantasize about other things. and then its just a vicious circle.

the same goes for someone that makes 400,000, or even more. its about happiness with ones self. not because we have money or things. because when we die, all that stays behind. life is about being happy with yourself and loving others as you love yourself. to treat others how you would like to be treated. personal happiness cannot be bought, it is lived.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:16 pm
Not really...  

[Frito]

Shazbot_the_Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:16 pm
I don't know for sure, but damnit I'm going to try!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:31 pm
it cant exactly buy happiness, but what you buy can cheer you up, yes? aaaaand havin' money means you dont gotta worry so much bout' some stuff, and that will lower your stress levels. . .thus makin' YOU a much happier person!  

Chesherca

o0o_m_i_k_e_y_o0o

Dapper Gaian

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:29 am
no it doesnt if you have money people only want to know you for that

and if you dont have money you have proper friends because they know you have nothing of value to give except from your friendship 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:23 am
Chesherca
it cant exactly buy happiness, but what you buy can cheer you up, yes? aaaaand havin' money means you dont gotta worry so much bout' some stuff, and that will lower your stress levels. . .thus makin' YOU a much happier person!

yes.. that what i think  

mellenois

Zahara_90

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:23 am
I think wat you say about money causing less stress but wat about people who choose not to have money so that they can help others e.g mission workers(charity workers), i would personly feel a whole lot happier if my money made some1 else with nothing happy  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff