Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
+[O]+ ~Vent, Rave, & Rant~ +[K]+ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 63 64 65 66 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dont you just hate it when.....
  *oh i think you know*
View Results

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:29 pm
So, I'm half-skipping my last class of the day. 'Tis only half-skipping as I was doing a midterm for my other class today during the first hour of it. Yep, two hours worth of midterm, and I didn't even finish. The teacher basically kicked me out - said I could retake it on Friday. I got all of it done except for one section.

We were supposed to build a data cube on SQL Server 2005 using an Excel spreadsheet as a "source" (it didn't say "data source," which is different).

So, okay, I go into Enterprise Manager to make it into a database, which I did successfully.

Okay, so I go to make that database into a data source from Analysis Manager - can't find it.

Okay, so I go to Administrative Tools --> Data Sources, and try to set up a data source with my database. Still can't find it. I think it might be on a different server, because Analysis Manager uses a named server, but Enterprise Manager uses "(local)" server.

Okay, so I try to make the spreadsheet itself the database for a data source. It doesn't pop up a "Connection Successful" box, but it doesn't kick back an error either, so I go with it.

Back to Analysis Manager to build my cube - it doesn't recognize .xls files because it needs .mdb files.

A half-hour of fruitless fiddling around with it later, and I'm so frustrated that I have to go cry in the bathroom for a minute. By this time, I'm about ten-fifteen minutes late to my next class.

Okay Sheer, you can do this.

I go to make the .xls file the database to use for the data source again. It now says that it's being used by another program. Thing is, I don't have it open anywhere, which means someone else (I suspect it was the teacher) was ******** around with it.

Another half-hour of fruitless labor later, and my teacher says to try again on Friday from scratch. Another frustrated trip to the bathroom.

The thing is, he hasn't taught us this stuff. He pointed us to a tutorial on Analysis Manager, which obviously isn't working for me. Everyone else got their cube done, and so I know I'm missing something fairly obvious (they didn't necessarily get their midterm done within the time limit either, but they did get it done).

(Expect me to be a regular in this thread xp )  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:51 pm
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
*huf* *Puff*
*takes in air*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

....... Thanks I needed that sweatdrop  

`Paintbrush

Kiokujo

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:33 am
I hate myself talk2hand  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:54 am
Angelic_Highlights
ok well i have a few rants now XD

One is how nasty some of the teenagers are around my neighbourhood, we have had countless accounts now of animals exspecially cats being shot by air guns and even a normal gun in there eyes. This is discusting in the worst way people are so cruel exspecially to animals.

Then i go out to get some shopping and i noticed a poster on the lamp post and in the one stop shop. saying that someones dog had been stolen from outside a store.for those that dont live in the uk lately cats & dogs are being stolen from homes or outside of shops and then either being used in pit fights or being stolen either for selling or ransem...

people are sick and they annoy me... no sweatdrop thats wrong SOME people are sick and should be shot with a double barrel shotgun... i dont see how anyone can do this to be honest that dog that they stole shall we say is some childs pet, or a old persons companion... it isnt just a dog, it is a friend to someone, if my astro was stolen i would be destraught im sad like that i love my pets to death sad

========================

another rant

========================

Teenagers!!! im getting sick of them, they need there parents to give them a good smack around there head, we saw two young females standing around outside yesterday and when the barrier for the train went down they tried to hit on a guy in a car, yes they were 14 and they were prostitutes. im wondering how they get away with it and they really should have something done about them, i was going to call the police but they had gone when we looked. lately there had been graffiti on the walls on train tracks... asking for underage sex so it is worrying... things should be done about it this is getting stupid! scream

plus we have gangs who stand outside the kebab shop OF ALL THINGS and shout abuse at people. they dont bother me they need to grow up as someday some guy is going to go and punch them one lol...

so i suppose this a rant for the teenagers and there parents, well some of them anyway they need to bring there kids up with morals and secondly explain the warnings to them. More disapline im thinking is needed in the uk

*trails off mutter to herself*

YES I F....... people now adays SUCK! Omg so many stupid people in our world today it's URGH I mean only yesterday... I was walkign to school in the mornign and two kids try to mugg me! I mean at like 8 something in the morning! UH They didn't get nout but still I hate some people in the world today criminals need to burn in hell!

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=beat

This should sort out the future people

and for the ones today... they shold be rounded up and burnt alive.  

RaidenKazama

Kiokujo

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:16 pm
RaidenKazama
Angelic_Highlights
ok well i have a few rants now XD

One is how nasty some of the teenagers are around my neighbourhood, we have had countless accounts now of animals exspecially cats being shot by air guns and even a normal gun in there eyes. This is discusting in the worst way people are so cruel exspecially to animals.

Then i go out to get some shopping and i noticed a poster on the lamp post and in the one stop shop. saying that someones dog had been stolen from outside a store.for those that dont live in the uk lately cats & dogs are being stolen from homes or outside of shops and then either being used in pit fights or being stolen either for selling or ransem...

people are sick and they annoy me... no sweatdrop thats wrong SOME people are sick and should be shot with a double barrel shotgun... i dont see how anyone can do this to be honest that dog that they stole shall we say is some childs pet, or a old persons companion... it isnt just a dog, it is a friend to someone, if my astro was stolen i would be destraught im sad like that i love my pets to death sad

========================

another rant

========================

Teenagers!!! im getting sick of them, they need there parents to give them a good smack around there head, we saw two young females standing around outside yesterday and when the barrier for the train went down they tried to hit on a guy in a car, yes they were 14 and they were prostitutes. im wondering how they get away with it and they really should have something done about them, i was going to call the police but they had gone when we looked. lately there had been graffiti on the walls on train tracks... asking for underage sex so it is worrying... things should be done about it this is getting stupid! scream

plus we have gangs who stand outside the kebab shop OF ALL THINGS and shout abuse at people. they dont bother me they need to grow up as someday some guy is going to go and punch them one lol...

so i suppose this a rant for the teenagers and there parents, well some of them anyway they need to bring there kids up with morals and secondly explain the warnings to them. More disapline im thinking is needed in the uk

*trails off mutter to herself*

YES I F....... people now adays SUCK! Omg so many stupid people in our world today it's URGH I mean only yesterday... I was walkign to school in the mornign and two kids try to mugg me! I mean at like 8 something in the morning! UH They didn't get nout but still I hate some people in the world today criminals need to burn in hell!

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=beat

This should sort out the future people

and for the ones today... they shold be rounded up and burnt alive.

dam thats priceless rofl rofl rofl especiallly The 2 x 4 / PVC pipe technique when they said ie. any time your kid comes home and begins a sentence with "she might be pregnant..." or "I can _____ if I want to..." where the blank can be any of the following: smoke, have sex, experiment with drugs, watch Oprah, etc)  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:16 pm
GOD DAMN!!!!!ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

keefus

Bullit14

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:46 pm
a rent  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:39 pm
I'm soooo hungry! my parents need to buy food crying  

milkythecow

I am The Compendium

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:57 pm
1. I'm tired of my evil sister who is bigger than me and kept taking my stuff

2. I'm tired of not having any reception on my TV and my DVD player being broken

3. I'm tired of long RPs

4. I'm tired of evil RP bitches

5. I'm tired of my publishing company taking so goddamn long

6. I'm tired of writer's block and brain rot

7. I'm tired of everything costing one million gold around here

8. I'm tired of fanfic bitches

9. I'm tired of hearing loss

10. I'm tired of ADHD  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:59 pm
Yami_no_Eyes
10. I'm tired of ADHD

I hear that!
I'm tired of my ADHD and my Aspearger Syndrome
I'm also tired of Neural Typicals (those without a form of Autism. Just don't get it)  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:37 am
*stomps around* I hate adults that act like they belong in a daycare!!  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:28 am
I hate rednex that keep trying to run over top of me like inspector gadget with that spring loaded car thing! scream I hate that there's a pocket of cold air that won't go away over WV! I wanna go swimming but my a** will freeze and fall off and then what will I sit on!! scream  

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

Professional Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

chibishan

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:26 am
Rydia-Beck
I hate rednex that keep trying to run over top of me like inspector gadget with that spring loaded car thing! scream I hate that there's a pocket of cold air that won't go away over WV! I wanna go swimming but my a** will freeze and fall off and then what will I sit on!! scream

omg!! eek rofl rofl  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:30 am
chibishan
Rydia-Beck

omg!! eek rofl rofl

mrgreen blaugh rofl  

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

Professional Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

I am The Compendium

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points