• Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:17 pm
Calamity RP: Cal Meets Jeevita

Quiddie!

*Cal steps forward and preens a little*

Lady Kiya

*Jeevita looks at him. He was very different.* Wow, I don't think I've seen anyone like you before. * She staired at him in awe.*

Quiddie!

Calamity, arching his back proudly, smirked at the beautiful blue alicorn. Finally, a mare of true unrivaled glory in the herd. "My name is Calamity, and I am a kalona...a very rare breed like yourself. I've seen glimpses of you around, but we've yet to formally meet."

He bowed slightly. "What is your name?"

Lady Kiya

She smiled at him. He was very different from most. "Kalona?" She looked at him questioningly. She hadn't heard about any Kalona. But she had heard about Calamity. "I'm Jeevita" She bowed. " I can't say that I've seen you, or more of your kind. Excuse me if I may seem a bit rude."

Quiddie!

He was taken aback, but by no means insulted. He raised an eyebrow curiously. "Really?" He tried to hide the arrogant surprise in his voice.

"Well, then I'm even happier I introduced myself. And you're quite far from rude, I assure you. My own family tends to wax reclusive like most kalona do. I seem to be the proverbial "black sheep" of my kind. I haven't seen many alicorn in my time among the soquili either. Do you know why that is?"

Lady Kiya

Jeevita didn't really know why her kind were so rare. Or his. She shook her head. She felt a bit idiotic, but if she didn't know something, she'd always like to hear it. Learning about something just makes more wisdom.

"No, not really. " She said almost too low to hear. She had a slight mystic tone to her voice. She'd always had, but it come out mostly when she was slightly nervious, or felt embarrassed.

Quiddie!

Cal quirked his head to the side and watched her with piqued interest. "It's alright if you don't. From what I know of your kind, true alicorn are very hard to come by. Not all of you show both parent's traits."

He wondered how any other elite soquili couldn't know and be proud of their kind. Perhaps that fierce pride was solely a kalona attribute as well? But nonetheless, Jeevita was stunning and kind in her soft-spokeness.

"Well, tell me about yourself, then, Jeevita. I hope it's not too forward of me to ask, but I would like to get to know you better." His green eyes sparkled as he gazed down at the mare.

Lady Kiya

Jeevita looked down. "All I really know is flying here and finding this place. I know nothing about my past." She looked up at him. She wasn't frighted of his looks, they made her feel a little more comfortable then any soquili she'd ran into. "I'm truely sorry." Again her voice returned to the low mystic tone.

Quiddie!

Calamity narrowed his eyes in thought. Was she serious? How could you not remember that much of your own past? She was an adult, and...and...

"Really? Well I guess there isn't any need to apologize."

He sighed and straighted up, not having realized how much he had been leaning in to hear the mare and her soft, entrancing voice. Cal was always intrigued just as much by the sound of one's voice as what was actually being said.

He snorted and raked his mind for conersation. "So, do you at least know when you arrived here?"

Lady Kiya

She giggled and nodded. "A week ago, to be exact." She'd met many soquili since then also. She smiled sweetly at him. She didn't know why others though of him as evil. He didn't seem evil. "Are the stories true? I mean... A couple of soquili had said stuff about you." She didn't have a slight fear in her voice at all. More of being interested in if they were true or not.

Quiddie!

Cal sighed, less angered by her question than annoyed. "It really depends on what you've heard, ne?"

Cal flexed and flapped his great wings a few times before settleing them once more on his back. "The truth of the matter is, despite the ridiculous nature of gossip, I've yet to have heard a rumor that isn't true. There is much to fear in me...but not by the like of you."

He smiled a dark, powerful smirk, wholely unashamed of his reputation. He was a hunter, a carnivore, and a killer of humans. And each dark deed he happily wore for anyone with the courage to ask him. Other than that...he was more than content to let them whisper. If they invented a twisted enough deed, he might just go through with it to take credt for it.

Lady Kiya

Her smile didn't fade. "Well, I see no reason to be afraid of you. You haven't given me one. Even if tried, I dought I'd be afraid even then." She said. The only thing that would frighten her would be if she lost Alsoomse, her two-legger. Which she was quite safe from harm.

"I was just curious and all. They said something about your kind are all the same. But I wouldn't know, I've only met one of you." She added and noded at him still smileing sweetly.

Quiddie!

"Well," Cal began, a little crestfallen that the rumors hadn't been about him specifically, "that becomes less of a case of gossip than stereotyping. Kalona share a common mentality, but beyond that we are no more "the same" than other soquili races."

Pretty as she was, Cal felt the burden of the conversation and began to grow weary of it. Were she to simply speak more than a few sentences at a time in that ethereal voice of hers...

Cal snorted in mild frustration, looking away from the mare and out to the horizon.

Lady Kiya

Jeevita looked at him for a long moment. Though she wasn't quite sure, she could feel him getting angry or frustrated. Perhaps it was because she was quiet or she was just different from most. She liked to listen to people talk. She found it interesting.

"I guess it's just a matter of opinion. Oh well. I guess soon enough I'll figure it out for myself." The wind blew threw her mane making it dance with it. "Did I say something wrong? Perhaps I should stop asking silly questions. I'm just a bit curious is all.

Quiddie!

"No," his attention snapped back down at the mare, "you've done nothing wrong. You'll have to forgive me. I can be a bit...well, you're already beginning to find out, aren't you?"

He smiled softly and watched her mane dance gently in the breeze. She was genteel, and kinder than any other creature he'd ever met. "You may ask anything you like of me, though you never answered my question, Jeevita. May I see you again?"

He tried to make his own voice softer than he'd ever managed it, and held her gaze intently. "You're not like the other mares."

Lady Kiya

She noded slighty. "I'm sure we'll run into each other very soon. Only destiny can make the decisions." She said looking at him with her kind eyes. Her smile slightly faded, but even without it, she seemed to smile.

"I understand your nature better then you might think. I can feel your energy change quickly from kindness to anger. Which I believe is just part one your kind's nature. " She said quickly and a bit louder, yet the mystic tone was still there. She didn't know why she could sence energy, but she was sure most of her kind could. She'd only met one of her kind.

Quiddie!

Though he smiled, Cal was deadly serious. "I hold my own destiny. Neither Fate, nor the stars, or any other thing on this earth can oppose my will. This is part of my nature as well."

He looked away and laughed as though he could feel his will flexed and imposing itself on the universe, which he absolutely believed it did. "We will meet again, Jeevita. This is already a fact. But under what circumstances? That is the question I ask you to address."

Lady Kiya

She gave a small giggle. "Well, I guess then we shall me very soon, weather the stars intend it or not." she stept back to move a bit. Her legs were getting a bit tired staying in one place.

"We can meet again. Anytime you'd like, actually. Until otherwise, we shall meet as friends. I do state this. It's hard for one to make an enemy out of me." She giggled again. He was very polite. She enjoyed chatting to him. Even though he had a bit of a temper, she could see he was trying to be kind.

"The real question is, where our next meeting shall be?" She thought if they were to meet then they both were to make the plans.

Quiddie!

"And I, notoriously quick to enmity. But you certainly have picqued my interest, and I say that not in sensless flattery. I hope we can meet...perhaps by the lake in three days' time? Perhaps that will be sufficiently long enough to whet your own curiousity for me."

He bowed slightly again and shook out his mane before turning and leaving without any sort of answer from the mare. If he'd gotten a good enough read on her, and he was sure he had, she would be there.

He called softly over his shoulder, "Around sunset."

Lady Kiya

She said in a whisper as he left. "You'll see me there." She watched him leave. He wasn't like his kind. Even though he was the only one she's met, she could tell. She noded and unfolded her wings to take flight. With one easy leap into the air she was off flying to where she normally stayed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:18 pm
Calamity RP: Cal and Achilles

Quiddie!
Cal meandered happily enough around the clearing, chatting with the other soquili. But in the back of his mind he felt that same stupid niggling thought. Despite his best efforts, all he could manage was to ignore it. Just as long as he didn't see that soqili again, he'd be fine.

It would eventually go away, right?

chemicalstar
Achilles lifted his head up ever so slowly and looked around with his fair colored eyes. At night time, his deep sky blue color helped the soquili conceal himself from prying eyes.. However at daytime, the alicorn stood out like red from white with his golden and blue hued pelt. The grass he was lying on presented a much despised contast with his color, which bothered him in a subconsious level.

He got up and and shook the mornign dew off his pelt and trotted around to stretch his legs. He was, by nature, a sociable who saught the company of others, and therefore spending the day all alone near the lake did not appeal him at all. He trotted in the direction of the clearing, hoping some of his kind would be there to keep his mind busy.

As he came nearer to the designated spot, his sensitive ears picked up some sounds.. so there were some others there after all. Achilles hapily neighed to the unknown subjects.

Quiddie!
Calamity immediately turned to the sound of the neighing. Why on earth would another soquili want to take the attention away from him? He smirked at the half-heartedly arrogant thought.

And when his eyes locked on the source of the noise, his stomach lurched in a way it never had before...a conflicted mix of emotions. Surprise, anxiety, a bit of worry, and one other thing he was wholly unwilling to put a title on.

"Achilles," he began just quietly enough to be heard, laughing a bit in remembrance of their only other encounter. He tilted his head, curious to the nature of their interaction today. Certain things, at least in Cal's mind, had changed.

He admired the stallions baroque coloring only in passing, making sure his subtle studying of the male went unnoticed. After yesterday's little outburst in front of the others, he would have to work ever-diligently to keep the rumors at bay.

chemicalstar
As the blue alicorn came nearer to the clearing, the soquili whose noise he heard came within his eyesight. It was the hot tempered soquili he had met some time ago. Even though Achilles despised his guts, he found the unreasonable anger of this soquili quite entertaining.

"Hey" he called out as he came nearer, curious about what kind of outburst the failr colored soquili would give this time. He got himself ready for the worst. Being an optimistic and positive soquili, Achilles found it hard to take offence of other's arrogance, yet if his pride was hurt he knew for sure he would not be able to forgive the other's vanity.

"Remember me?" he asked and winked playfully when the kalona was finally a few feet awat from him,

Quiddie!
Cal looked down as at the alicorn foal stepped closer to him. He wrapped her tail around as a subtle protective gesture, though he figured there was little to fear in Inali and Achilles. Especially the latter. "It's an apple, and I'll be sure to bring you some later."

He winked at Kala before returning his attention to the adults. "Inali." He gave a courteous little nod, watching Achilles out of the corner of his eye. His own green eyes flared with surprise when the stallino winked, and Cal felt something akin to embarrassment heat his cheeks slightly.

"Achilles. It's been awhile." He swallowed, feeling his stomach knot uncomfortably. Something about the alicorn made him uneasy, and not in the same disdainful regard he held for most of the soquili in the herd. He was curious at to why he was having these reactions. "How have you been?"

He avoided eye contact, feigning interesting in little Kala instead.

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:20 pm
Calamity RP: Cal and the Little Alicorn

Quiddie!
*leaves Ice on his back and snatches apple from cougar and smiles in forced gratitude before trotting off to the little alicorn*

Are you Wambli's daughter? You look just like her.

Harperking
The white filly blinks up at the kalona, her soft hair falling around her face. She smiles shyly at him, turning on all her charm before answering.
"Yes, Wambli is my mother. And who might you be?"

Quiddie!

Cal grinned, absolutely enamored with the little foal. So articulate for a child! "I'm Calamity, an acquaintance of your mother. You're very pretty. What is your name?"

He offered her the other half of his apple.

Harperking
The alicorn gently took the offered apple, carefully getting every drop.
"Thssh issh gmmfd!" she said in delight, her tail whisking from side to side. Realizing he had asked her a question, she quickly swallowed the treat. "My mother calls me Hanhepi wiKala. She says it means bird of the moon on account of my color. You can call me Kala though."

Quiddie!

Cal marveled at the child, happy to finally see one of Wambli's offspring after watching her pregnancy and precious baskets. They were alicorn, just as expected, and even showed both traits! Cal was a sucker for rare breeds, and Kala was certainly no exception.

That, and the fact that she seemed to like apples just as much as he did. mrgreen

"Well, Kala, you can call me Cal." He nodded and ruffled her mane with a snort. "Where is your mother?"

Harperking
Kala laughed as his apple scented snort nussed her mane. With a cheeky toss of her head she sent her hair back where it belonged.
"Momma's over by the stream with my sister and the two-foot. I wanted to expore and here I am!"
She looked up at him again, taking in the differences between them for the first time.
"Cal, what are those things on your head? I don't have those, just one spirally one - and my sister doesn't have that even! And what was that good thing you gave me to eat?! I wanna make sure I know what it is so I can get more of it later!"

edit to include the other two soq: Kala found herself a little shy in the sudden presence of more grown-ups. She watched them to see what would happen, and stepped a little closer to Cal since he was the only one she knew.

Quiddie!
Cal looked down as at the alicorn foal stepped closer to him. He wrapped her tail around as a subtle protective gesture, though he figured there was little to fear in Inali and Achilles. Especially the latter. "It's an apple, and I'll be sure to bring you some later."

He winked at Kala before returning his attention to the adults. "Inali." He gave a courteous little nod, watching Achilles out of the corner of his eye. His own green eyes flared with surprise when the stallino winked, and Cal felt something akin to embarrassment heat his cheeks slightly.

"Achilles. It's been awhile." He swallowed, feeling his stomach knot uncomfortably. Something about the alicorn made him uneasy, and not in the same disdainful regard he held for most of the soquili in the herd. He was curious at to why he was having these reactions. "How have you been?"

He avoided eye contact, feigning interesting in little Kala instead.

Harperking
Kala smiled up at Cal. She liked him and just knew they would be friends - especally if there were apples!

Her ears flicked froward as she heard a familiar voice calling her name across the meadows. It sounded like she had been missed!

"I gotta go, Cal," she said, a note of resignation in her voice. "Momma must have not seen me when she was looking. I will see you later though, right?"

The familiarvoice called again and she tunred to go, looking back at the trio as she did.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:59 am
Calamity RP: Friends and Foes

Silent Spy
Randee stood in the clearing, watching over Nashota's family's graves. There were three graves here. One was her mothers, one was her fathers and the third was her brother's. Her brother, Wynono, was killed by a viscious Kalona foal. Nashota told stories to Randee about this Kalona who was white with blonde and brown hair. He had shades of pink and blue on him as well. If there was one Soquili Randee never wished to come across, that was him.
Randee thought of all the viscious things that this Kalona must have done. The way Nashoa describes him, this Kalona was the definition of evil. But Randee often had her doubts. Was the Kalona really this evil, or truly a kind soul on the inside that's so highly misunderstood?
Randee turned to her companion, Leah. Randee had thought Leah was a viscious cheetah when Randee first met her, but Leah turned out to be Randee's best friend in the world. It shows that you can't really know a person until you meet them.

Quiddie!
Calamity approached quietly, his mood dark as he approached the clearing he'd learned some time ago was used to bury the two-legger's dead. He chuckled and wondered viciously if the pale two-legger he had devoured almost completely some months ago had enough remains to be placed here.

Surprisingly, he spotted a soquili, striped and heavily pregnant, staring at the ground. Perhaps this was one of those pitiful soquili that actually valued the lives and companionship of the humans. He laughed out loud and approached boldly. "Mare, do you know what place this is?"

Silent Spy
Randee lifted her head up to the Soquili talking to her. Randee gasped in shock. It wasn't a Soquili, it was a Kalona. And it wasn't just a Kalona, it was the Kalona that had killed Wynono.
"Don't hurt me, I'm pregnant!" she cried, frantically, unsure what to do in this situation. She breathed in, regaining control. "Uh, yes, this is the clearing. My two-legger's brother was buried here."
Randee took a step back.
"Perhaps you know him," said Randee. "Afterall, you killed him."

Quiddie!
"Don't be daft, mare. I have no intention of touching you...pregnant or otherwise."

He sneered and shifted anxiously in place a few steps. Snorting, he rolled his eyes. Another soquili so stupidly bonded with the two-leggers and their ilk.

"Did I? I've killed a look of them in my time." He laughed cruelly and slowly approached Randee. "Actually, I think I do know who you're speaking of. It happened when I was no more than a foal. I would have killed the female with him too...but..."

He looked back at Randee and raised his eyebrow. "Why do you care enough to come here? Don't tell me you're actually mourning the human?"

Silent Spy
Randee felt relieved that Kalona wasn't going to attack her. Randee glared at the Kalona angrily after he said he would have killed Nashota as well.

"Don't even talk about killing Nashota your ruthless Kalona," said Randee. "I'm not mourning the human. I never met the human. I'm pitying the life you must have had to bring you to these evil ways."

Randee took a step back cautiously, worried what the Kalona may say. It was hard to control herself, especially when her pregnant hormones were raging.

Quiddie!
"I tolerate many things from the likes of you and your silly, inferior kind. But I will not tolerate your pity. Pity is a disgusting and debasing judgement, and you ought not to judge what you could never hope to understand."

He growlingly laughed. "And to think...this act was committed when I was but a colt. And here you are, about to bring your own foals into the world. What will you do if one of them is like me? Will it be a matter of how they were raised? Perhaps you ought to be more concerned for the fluid future of your children than the unchageable facts of the past, mare."

Silent Spy
"My children will not turn into a cruel monsterous demon like yourself," said Randee with a look of disgust towards the Kalona. Randee has been around other Kalona before, but this is the most vicious one she has ever met. "Do not come any closer to me than you already are."
Randee took a cautious step back, away from the Kalona. Randee knew she could never be too safe, especially when pregnant.

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:28 pm
Calamity RP: Cal and Selene

Quiddie!
The little foal that had so oddly asked him to be her mother upon their first meeting was a pretty little thing, to be sure. She looked like the nighttime sky, and her eyes...well...she'd make a stallion very happy someday.

But it was something about that boundlessly joyous spirit of hers that intrigued Cal. He certainly wasn't that way as a colt. But whatever it was, it was immediately loveable and almost infectious, were Cal's temperament and very nature not set absolutely against it.

He found her in a bright clearing, and approached her with a pleasant nicker as he swished his tail to and fro. "Hello, Selene."

InfinitiesOfSoules
Selene's eyes lit up, and she immediately extended her nose in greeting to the Kalona, tail swishing. "Mo- umm, Calamity! Hi!" her eyes shifted, but there was a shake of her mane that meant she was trying not to giggle. She hauled herself to her feet and bounced over to his side, leaning against the larger body. "What are you doing out here today?" she asked curiously. "Did you come to help me hunt butterflies? I almost got one. I was thiiiiiis close." she awkwardly displayed by trying to put her hooves side by side.

A snort of annoyance as she failed was the only result.

Quiddie!
"Hunting Butter-flies?" Cal's green eyes suddenly flashed with a painfully supressed instant of shock and laughter. She really was just too much. But then again, she was hunting...maybe the little filly had some potential after all.

Cal lowered his head to snort softly on Selene's face and muss her mane. "You've got to remember to sneak up slowly and freeze when you're close enough...like this...and having wings like we do helps too."

He eyed the delicate-looking gauzy blue wings on the foal. "Do you know how to use them properly yet? I didn't at your age. No one was there to teach me."

He spoke the last sentence with only a ghost of sadness. He didn't know how to feel bad about such things. It was simply the way of the kalona. But Selene was no kalona, and Cal would do well to remember that.

InfinitiesOfSoules
Selene puffed up with indignation. "Yes, hunting butterflies." she said haughtily. "I wanted to see what they taste like."

She giggled when Calamity bent to nuzzle her, squeaking and pulling away. "No, no, not my mane! Nofair!!" She giggled straight through Cal's advice. "I do sneak up slowly... but then I get itchy and twitch and the butterfly escapes." she made a moue of disappointment.

"You mean I can fly?" Selene's eyes widened more. "Will you teach me?" she nosed at Cal, making her eyes as wide and pitiful as possible. She wanted to learn to fly! Then the butterflies wouldn't get away! Mwahahaha!

Quiddie!
"Well, you're are a bit different than mine, but it should be the same general idea..."

Cal pondered silently for a moment, glancing down at Selene's pitiful expression and rolling his eyes. "Yes, of course I will. But let's just start with Big Jumps first. Those are what we call wing-assisted leaps. It's a lot of strain to try and fly your first go round."

Cal backed up and took a two step approach before leaping up and flapping his great bat-like wings to keep him in the air a second longer than normal before landing forcefully back on the ground. "See, it's not that hard. When you're at the highest point you can jump, flap your wings hard. Okay? You try it."

Cal backed away encouragingly to give the girl some room. He certainly admired her spunk. And her willingness to manipulate others. Maybe Calamity really was her mother. He laughed out loud at the thought. "Ready?"

InfinitiesOfSoules
Selene listened carefully to the older Soquili's explanation. Hmmm, made sense. Big Jumps. She could manage those! The filly stepped backwards, a determined expression on her face. She could do this.

Running forward, she flung herself into the air, wings flapping madly. She was flying! "Look, I'm flying!" she cried... as gravity tugged her back down and she landed hard on her little rear. "Aaaaaahhhh!" she whined, pulling her legs back under her and standing. There was a determination in her eyes now.

"Show me again." she ordered, then scrunched her face. You caught more butterflies with sugar than salt. "Please?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:42 pm
Quiddie!

Cal: *rolls his eyes* Stupid f***ing rumors...I ought to rip out the tongue of whoever's been spreading these lies about me.

Miss Cherie

Maeryn: You know, it may have been one of those lesser mares you associated yourself with earlier. *cannot fathom why he might have done that*

Quiddie!
Perhaps I associated with them for lack of better company?

Miss Cherie
Maeryn snorted, digging a cloven hoof into the dirt distractedly. "Oh, I think that you probably had other choices. Even your own family would have been better than that."

Quiddie!

"There is much to be learned by interactions beyond one's familiar ties, Maeryn."

He narrowed his eyes and chuckled. "You think little of the inferior breeds, but there is value in them still, if only the potential to exploit them later. I did the best with the hand I was dealt, and I will hear no more of your accusatory judgements of my past behavior."

His eyes locked with hers. "Regret is not a natural emotion for our kind, so what possible satisfaction can you elicit from this?"

Miss Cherie

"Oh, I have no qualms with exploiting them... except that I would prefer not to be near them myself." Maeryn cast a mildly curious glance over to Calamity. "I am the way I am, Calamity. I suggested that you perhaps could have spent your time in better company. It is for you to decide whether you are offended by it." She shrugged, chewing idlely at a patch of grass, thinking to herself that it would be more interesting if it were bloodstained. "Sometimes it is better to be faced with an opposing opinion, rather than to eat up the same words you spew." What, was she supposed to be all sweetness and light? As if that would ever happen.

Quiddie!
"Lovely Maeryn, my own personal gadfly."

He barked out with laughter as his lip curled and he dug idly at the ground. "Consider my mucking about with the plebeians a gift, to you and any worthy ally, should their ego allow them to make proper use of it."

There was something terribly draining about his conversations with Maeryn, moreso than the bulk of other kalona he'd crosses paths with. A challenge? Was this an honest-to-god effort?

"I have others for flattery, yes. So I suppose I can count on you for sharpening a lax mind? It seems there's a soquili for every occasion."

Miss Cherie
"Enjoy it while it lasts, Calamity. I may grow bored of abusing your name," Maeryn said with a slight smirk. "It all depends on whether you make it worth my while to call down ill names on you, or if you decide to be a decent Kalona. I'll run out of things eventually." However, it did seem that she couldn't quite keep from mother henning her herd, so perhaps this behavior would be permanent too. "Or maybe it has nothing to do with that at all, and I'll do it until you decide that you'd rather not stick around to hear it." And wouldn't it be amusing if he did run off? Maeryn rather thought he wouldn't give her that satisfaction. Pity. "Hmm. Now, there's a quandry. Should I really consider your little jaunt with the inferior breeds to be a gift. ... Let me think about that for a moment," she hedged with a dry laugh.

Quiddie!
"I'll treasure every moment. And you're pretty cunning, I doubt you'll run out of ammunition anytime soon."

He watched her speak with rapt attention, a rare event indeed. The digs were grating, but for all the abuse he took, he knew there was some value there. Always something to be taken.

There was no way he'd turn tail from anyone, especially Maeryn. No. Even if it weren't in his best interests to stick close to his kind for the time being, the challenge this mare presented had aroused something very deep in him that he knew he'd been lacking. It wasn't as simple as respect or attraction, lust or the thrill of a hunt. But whatever it was, each verbal joust sharpened his intent.

"Should I think of something more substantial to proffer, I'll find you. You always seem to be around the corner, watching, no?"

Miss Cherie
"I am very aware of the movements of my fellow Kalona." And that was all the answer she gave him. Really, it wasn't as though Maeryn followed Calamity around. Nothing of the sort. It was just that whatever her race was involved in, she had an interest in. It was very important to her. Ha. At least Calamity was taking the abuse gracefully. It was a customary sort of thing for her. There were a few that she did not engage in such interactions with, and they had earned that place some time ago. "What sort of thing could you possibly offer me, Calamity?" She raised an eyebrow, a wordless statement of disbelief. Right. What in the world could he possibly have to offer... that she did not already have? "It's entirely possible that I will run out of things to say. After all, I do have to spent some time sleeping."

Quiddie!
"Sleep is a sign of weakness I never would have expected you to exhibit." He smirked and shifted idly in his stance. His own mind was growing steadily foggier with the need for rest. "Despite your presumptions to the contrary, I have a great deal to offer, if one only takes the time to look."

He took a minute step forward closing the distance between them no more than a foot. "And time, thankfully, is something I have more than enough of...as do you. It is the blessing of being so young in life. So save your witty reparte for another day. I'll be just around the corner when you need me."

He chuckled and bowed slightly with finality.

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:22 pm
Calamity RP: No Need for a Guardian

Quiddie!
How long had he brooded, unaware of the deeper cause of his inner tumult? Between the rising threat of the skinwalkers, and the ongoing tensions with his fellow kalona, when had he the time to think about Selene?

His darling little orphan, pretty beyond compare even in foalhood...when had she grown? And what else had he missed? The sight of her, as well as their acidic exchange had managed to take him just beyond disagreeable to outright unbearable.

He had not been himself, which was saying a great deal. And even he knew, somewhere deep inside, he was troubled by the things left unsaid with his former ward.

Deep in the heavy darkness of the thicket, only Cal's dazzling green eyes could be seen glinting in the moonlight as he watched the inhabitants of the forest move to and fro.

InfinitiesOfSoules
Selene slunk through the woods, sniffing the air. Where was that annoying wind Soquili? She knew he'd chased her into the woods, having a fondness for grabbing her mane and holding it under his hoof while he talked. It was nice he liked spending time with her, but-

What had happened to companionable silence?!

She snorted, discontent, snapping at a moth as it floated by. That made her even angrier, thinking of one of the stallions she had thought of as father.

Calamity. He and Rahu had been her best friends, her examples, the ones she had wanted to grow up to be. Calamity had taught her to fly, had spoiled her with apples, taught her to hunt butterflies, and consoled her when she accidentally ate them, even though his body shook with laughter.

And then, that day... it had all been so cruel. She'd acted as a child, and his patience with her had snapped, breaking her heart. She'd been a foal only the day before, and he had expected her to grow so soon?

Ah, well. She had grown, yes. And now she was strong.

Quiddie!
Eyes glazed and unseeing, it was the scent of her that jarred him from his lethargy. She was searching for something or someone, and the intent look on her face...along with the prescence of a little moth...brought him back to memories of her as a filly. He'd hoped for something...for her to become something different and special. To set her apart from soquili and kalona alike.

Why he'd fathomed this expectation of her, he didn't understand. But that day, when just a few simple words cut him more than he'd expected, he shut down. He'd let her in too deep, and her ability to affect him so was at once frightening and intriguing. Beyond anything that could be helped, Selene had managed to get under Cal's skin, and he couldn't stand it.

He stood, rustling the brush around him slightly, and stepped into the relative light of the clearing. "Selene."

He spoke her name cooly and evenly, refusing the clever mare an opportunity to discern his emotions before he could get a bearing on hers. If she had learned anything from him beyond the obvious, it was that Cal was a fierce believer in the laws of leverage. It was the fundamental principle behind power and politics, and the gaining and preservation of leverage was of penultimate importance.

InfinitiesOfSoules
Selene's glanced up, and she watched Calamity with clear eyes. Her head lifted, proud, and she settled her shoulders. "Hello, Calamity." Her voice was soft yet firm. She gifted him with a faint smile and a small bow. "It is a pleasure to see you again."

She looked the kalona over calmly, keeping her emotions, her confusion, tightly reigned in.

Quiddie!
She'd been paying attention. Cal learned early on never to underestimate Selene's perceptive qualities, and he chanced a loud bark of laughter before relaxing his body slightly and stepped a bit farther forward.

"I hope you don't expect me to apologize." He gazed down at her through cocky, half-lidded eyes. She should have known him well enough by now to never expect him to humble himself in such a way. Even for her.

"..though I admit I might have misjudged you that day." He raised an eyebrow appraisingly and watched the mare he still considered a filly (for sentimental reasons he's never profess.)

InfinitiesOfSoules
"Apologize for what?" She was serene, a little confused. Calamity had no reason to apologize to her. "For being true to yourself?" the statement was simple, nothing bitter in it. "And I will wait on being honored by your misjudgement until I know in which way you feel you misjudged." she commented. That came out a bit acidly.

Quiddie!
"You and I both. Because I haven't yet been disproved."

He circled the beautiful fluttercorn, tutting slightly. "For all your bravado and bravery, you don't fool me. You look like a wounded little filly to me, and I can't help but think this could all be put right if I simply apologize: for abandoning you, yelling at you in front of the crowd, belittling and acusing you of being just like ever other mare in the land."

He smiled here, softly but noticeably. "But to feign regret would be a greater insult to your intellect, would it not?"

He stopped pacing, turning to face her head on once more. "So we come to an impasse. Where do we move from here? What are the expectations and hopes we have in one another?"

If he came across mathematical and calcualtion, if wasn't with a impersonal intent. But unlike 99% of the other soquili with whom manipulation required finesse of language and emotion, Selene was very much a creature after his own heart and would be dealt with respectably and frankly.

InfinitiesOfSoules
Selene's head tilted as she listened to him talk. "You're right." she said bluntly. "I would love to hear you say you were sorry, and on some level I think it would be true. But it would not be put all to right. I was a child, Calamity, I had just become a mare, and you accused me of being like mares who had been such since before I was a filly. Belittling me? If I was so easy to insult I would not be speaking to you right now. You were a vital, driving force while I was a child, and one does not forget their loyalties so easily. I trusted you, I loved you as family, and it hurt me deeply what you said."

She pondered. "I was so eager to grow up, so eager to please you, and hurt with the hurt of a child. I didn't know you had thought of me as an obligation. So my expectations of you are low. I don't want to impose. I'd just like..." she tilted her head again, thinking. "I would like to attempt to continue a friendship. I have missed you."

Quiddie!
"I have had very little need in my life in the way of friends, Selene. I was raised with an independent steak that serves almost as an antithesis for it. The obligation I felt toward you was identical to that which I feel towards my family. A duty to one's blood, as it were."

He sighed grudgingly and continued, closing his eyes and speaking deliberately. "Obligation is not a negative thing. But in the heat of our argument, I presented it to you thusly. You are not now nor have you ever been my friend, Selene. In youth, you were not mature enough to engage me on any other level but sheer curiousity. The bond I have with you, the bond that remains firm and unchanged to this day, is purely familial."

He nodded and opened his eyes once more, locking with her steely gaze. "Selene, for better or for worse I have taken you in as part of my family. You are of great importance to me because I chose you, just as you chose me in your youth. Whether or not you are able to look and move beyond a single argument is entirely up to you, but you ought to know you have gained an ally for life: it is my willing obligation to protect and stand by you now and always. Though it may no longer be necessary, it will always be a priviledge and option available to you."

Standing rigidly once more, he concluded with a snort, "As long as you know this, I feel we understand one another. Do you agree?"

InfinitiesOfSoules
Selene's eyes loosened their taught appearance and she nodded. "I understand." she agreed. She extended her nose towards Calamity cautiously, the child she had been peeking out through her eyes, watching. "We are a family of choice. Not of blood. And that is supposed to be stronger, isn't it? At least, that's what I have been told. It may just be a romantic ideal."

Quiddie!
Hesistanting only momentarily, Cal touched his own nose to hers. She certainly hadn't gotten her propensity towards physical affection from him. But at least she wasn't trying to eat his tail. The very memory made his demeanor soften. "It is an ideal only because so few attain it. But it is very real, and it is stronger."

He pulled away and nodded encouragingly.

InfinitiesOfSoules
She nodded in agreement. "So," she said finally, settling a bit. "What have you been doing? It has been quite a while since I last saw you."

Quiddie!
"I guess," he paused, considering carefully the reprocussions of what he was about to do, "if I were to 'pour out my soul', so to speak, it might as well be to you, child. And you might as well get used to me calling you that. I don't care if you're grown or not."

With a snort of finality on the subject of his nickname for her, Cal continued. "You might have noticed the recent resurgence of the kalona around here. Between Maeryn's strange desire to see our kind cooperating with one another, and the growing need to do so with the emergence of the Skinwalkers, tensions with my bretheren have been strained to say the least."

He smiled sardonically. "And apparently my 'weakness' for comingling with inferior soquili has done considerable damage to my standing among them."

He shook his head tiredly, weary of constantly thinking on how he should approach the problem. Looking at Selene, he rose an eyebrow wondering if she could even understand his predicament, let alone comment on the state of it.

InfinitiesOfSoules
Selene tilted her head, pondering the dilemma. "Yes, I was there for some of the skinwalker dilemma." she didn't respond to being called child- after all, to him, she was a child. She remembered seeing the kalona bunched together, discussing. She could also remember Maeryn, a female kalona, with a black body, and if she was typical of her kind, a black heart.

"And what inferior soquili?" she snorted. "I personally haven't seen you associate with anyone who isn't a good one. Unless by inferior, they mean non-kalona." her brow furrowed.

Quiddie!
"You've not met another kalona, have you, Selene?" He'd hardly noticed the reference. "Yes, that is what was meant by 'inferior'. Kalona are proud to a fault, and give no regard to anyone that isn't like them. It seems foolish, doesn't it? But it can't be helped. And I can't be hypocritical about this...in many ways I agree."

"The crux of my problem is whether or not to join Maeryn's herd...and what that would entail. But those aren't problems that need be shared. I'll deal with them as I always have." He wondered idly why he'd decided to shield her from further discussion of the topic.

InfinitiesOfSoules
Selene pondered for a moment. "No, I haven't. And yes, it's foolish- very foolish." she was confused. It was illogical. She tried to look at things logically (though in a few rare exceptions she'd just failed. Miserably.) "I don't understand how the kalona are superior. They have sharp teeth and horns? They can fly? There are several types of winged soquili. There are several types of soquili with horns!" she looked to him for his reasoning, wanting to see it from the point of view of a kalona.

"And if we are family, can't I help you deal with them?"

Quiddie!
Calamity sighed, wishing not to have to delve into the subject. But if her curiousity and concern desired it, he'd not deny the explanation. But how to convey group pride to one who was raised without the constraints of traditional family and race?

"It is difficult, Selene. But think of it this way: the two leggers give different value to different stones. Some they keep, and some they don't. What distinguishes the rocks they cherish is how beautiful and rare they are. It is the same with the kalona. Our value is determined by our unique qualities and our rarity."

He felt he hadn't quite done the explanation justice. "Selene, look at yourself. There are very few like you. You are special, and very rare. Like the kalona. And for better or for worse, it sets you apart from all the regular soquili around you. It is something to be proud of, child."

He nodded and looked away into the horizon. "This is the pride of the kalona that is so commonly misjudged by those who cannot understand it."

InfinitiesOfSoules
Selene tilted her head, pondering the explanation. Finally she nodded. "But Calamity, Soquili are not rocks, nor two-leggers. Why should we judge ourselves based on that? It is good that each tribe celebrate their individuality, but to the point that they let themselves be shunned by what is truly... their own kind? Are not all Soquili fundamentally the same? All rocks are, they are hard, they come from the earth, they share so many basic properties. All Soquili are born of two parents, they require sustenance, air, a safe place to sleep."

She chewed on her lip. "I am not saying that the kalona are wrong. I may find them silly, on some level. But I can understand the sense of pride. I have never been honored enough to see another like me, though I have heard there are others. I would want to be with them. I do take pride in my differences, but... what about our similarities?"

Quiddie!
"Our similarities...they," he sighed, supressing the vicious smirk, "they are only reasons the inferior soquili are not hunter regularly for their flesh as the other animals are."

He lowered his head, wondering whether or not to share the deepest secret of his kind. Many knew, human and soquili alike, but most regarded the kalona's secret hunger for souls as nothing more than rumors and fairy-tales. It was, in Calamity's opinion, a revelation for another day.

"It is fine for you not to truly understand or condone my kind's way of thinking. In fact, it might bode better for you if you didn't. Tolerance and unity in a soul make for better relations among herds. And it is a lonely life when you see yourself as diamond among stones. But it simply cannot be helped that I feel this way."

He turned to face his little Selene. "And because of what you are, I hold you in the same regard. You are not like them...you are different than everyone else. And I cherish you more for it."

InfinitiesOfSoules
Selene nosed at him. "Thank you." she said softly. She didn't ask anymore questions, she would absorb what he had said to her this day, and start drawing conclusions later.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:17 pm
Quiddie!
Miss Cherie
Maeryn: *raises an eyebrow* Problems, Calamity?

Hardly, mare. I'm a paragon of cavalier bachelorhood.

I've no trouble that can't be fixed by you simply walking away. *snorts*

Miss Cherie
Maeryn: Of course. Because that sort of random behavioral shift implies a lack of problems. Really it does. What hornet's nest did you step in?

Quiddie!
Oh, the human? *raises an eyebrow* That hardly qualifies as a problem.

If I've any cause to be dour...well...no. That's not fair. You're not worthy of the power to affect my mood, Maeryn.

So are you here for a reason, because I know it pains you so to mingle with the common folk.
stare

Miss Cherie

Maeryn rolled her eyes at Calamity's response. "One moment I am an amusement, the next I am something to sneer at? Where are your fine words now, Calamity? Kalona are hardly common, and it only pains me to interact with them when they insist on acting so boorishly." She lashed her tail irritably, seeing now that all the things that the Kalona had deigned to say to her prior were absolutely without meaning. Where was his almost friendly behavior now? Clearly absent. It seemed that she had been right to keep herself at arm's length.

Quiddie!

"You are...whatever you are, Maeryn. I wouldn't stoop so low as to say I misjudged you, but I am really seeing now who you are, your aims, and where I fit into them. And I'm done deluding myself into thinking..."

He paused thoughtfully and sighed, smirking darkly. "You're not the only one with a skilled ear and keen eye, mare. I see hidden meetings in the forest, and I am more than aware of what has been said, about myself and otherwise."

Miss Cherie
"No, not really. I'm sure you've come up with all sorts of astoundings things for me to say about you. I'll not stress myself to concoct more." Maeryn snorted, tossing her head in a mildly irritable fashion. "Bored, Calamity? Is there not enough excitement in the air for you? Come now. I told you to your face what I thought of your frolicking with lesser Soquili. I told you quite readily. I can see no reason that you might have to try to go behind my back to find out what you know upfront." Really, he was being absolutely ridiculous.

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:00 am
Calamity RP: Why Are You Mad?

Naysha Aysha
((Rp with Cal and Sgina only))

Worry lingered in Sgina's mind as she traveled her normal path down the river towards the forest. She felt abit tired due to the life starting to form in her belly. How had this happened and was it a mistake? Was Vudeux going to take care of her or leave her now that this had happened. Her belly wasnt huge , but it was starting to display the fact that she was indeed pregnant with three no less. Sgina was frustrated unable to train or fight untill she gave birth, yet another stall on her dreams because of stupid dessions and actions she took.
"Oh what have I done...."

Quiddie!

Calamity was, as usual, merely moments away from dinner. Crouched low in the brush, he silently and deliberately spread his wings preparing to spring...

As if on cue, a rustling noise in a far bush snapped up doe's attention. She bounced away quickly, and Cal cursed loudly and stood back up at attention once more. "There's no way I'm chasing it. I'm not that hungry."

He looked over towards the noisy brush, feeling an odd sense of deja vu. "It had better not be who I think it is."

Peering through the shrubbery, he smirked with a mingeld sense of annoyance and irony. "You again!" he called. "You either need to learn some stealth or find a different path to walk! This isn't the first meal you've made for difficult for me."

Naysha Aysha
Sgina growled as Calamity appeared yet another pain in her day.
"Oh go die in a pit Calamity, Ive got more problems to deal with then scaring off your meal everyonce and awhile. I walk this path everyday if you have a problem with it change your hunting pattern." Sgina's mucles were large for a mare. She looked ready to fight despite her belly's state.
She pinned her ears back and pawed at the ground abit waiting on what more Calamity might have to say.

Quiddie!
"You'll not want to be keeping up that misguided habit of challenging your betters, mare," he smirked, "the added responsibility of motherhood means you ought to be thinking for 4...perhaps 5 even!"

He shook out his great mane and trotted down the small slope towards her. "But I must confess, this look actually does suit you, unlike many of the laden mared waddling about at the moment." He laughed heartily. Despite his objections with Selene's pregnancy, he couldn't deny how breathtaking she looked. There was something that burned in her eyes...the joy and expectancy.

Sgina likewise looked stunning, but in a much more feral, predatory manner. Impending motherhood made her look stronger, if that was possible.

Naysha Aysha
Sgina grolwed once more but not at him so much as at her own belly. She had hoped he wont have noticed, but only a true idiot would not be able to tell, Rahu still didnt know, but she had been avoiding him at all cost.
"I can still fight regaurdless of my state and regaurding that of challenging my better thing I see no such stallion or mare before me so that point is mute." She came to a more relaxed pose seeing as he didnt seem as though even if she tried to get him to fight he wouldnt.
Sgina huffed abit as he remarked on how she looked, she hated how her growing belly ruined her mucles.
"Do not mock my position this is my mistake and I will not have you mock me for it. Despite warnings from others I will stand my ground and I will fight if need be, my strength only increased to proctect my burdens." Sgina cared for her future foals but she still had a different way of handling things from others.

Quiddie!
"Child, you misunderstand me. I don't consider your foals a mistake, even if you do. And if the stallion that sired them does, well, the only mistake is choosing him in the first place. Your business is your own, and I'll not harass you. You aren't my daughter."

He flapped his wings idly and circled the mare. For some reason, he'd never noticed her transition to marehood. But nothing throws age into sharper relief that the starting of one's own family, and Cal nodded in superflous approval of her transformation. He smirked at a private thought he had no intention of lending voice to.

"You ought to relax a bit. Stress can't be healthy for those foals. So, who is the father?"

Naysha Aysha
Sgina watched Calamity her ears flicking in curiousity.
"Yeah, telling Rahu is not something Im looking fowards too...."
Sgina dint know what is was about Calamity, but she was always able to talk to him strait and answer his questions. Perhaps it was the respect she held for Kalonas that allowed her to act that way around him.
He wondered what his smirk was about but shruged it off. As she thought about how Calamity spoke of the foals not being a mistake. She wasnt sure rather Vudeux thought it a mistake or not, but she was still smart enough to know their relationship was not the same as most mares and stallions. Versus love it seemed they more or less admired and respected each other. Sgina thought she had made a mistake not being of the foals, but that she had mistaken lust for love. Sgina sighed abit and looked to the ground.
"I dont think the foals themselves a mistake....just the events leading to me having them in the first place....He is a wind named Vudeux.I met him not to long ago and we were meeting secretly and things just kinda went from there." Sgina was sure what Calamity would say, but for some reason she wondered what he would think of her now.

Quiddie!
"Secret trists in the dead of night?", his lip twitched in a condescending sneer, "somehow, I didn't expect you to be that type of mare."

He flicked his tail idly and eyed her carefully, wondering what to make of the girl. "You're just full of surprises, aren't you? By the sound of things, you aren't lifemating with Voodoo anytime soon, are you?"

"Tell Rahu, don't tell Rahu, he'll figure things out soon enough. You're already showing a bit. That stallion just seems to be a foal magnet...perhaps I ought to blame him for Selene's state as well?" He chuckled but the mirth didn't reach his eyes.

"Maybe now would be an opportunity to handle things with grace and maturity for once? It's what the grown-ups do, dearie."

Naysha Aysha
Sgina raised her brow at how Calamity spoke of what type of mare she was.
"I suppose ....I cant explain myself to you though for not even I understand why I do the things I do or why I wish the things I wish. And No I think not, lifemating or so I am told are for thoses whom love each other and wish to spend all their life together and I am not so sure that is what Vudeux and I are.....Ive been avoiding Rahu he has yet to see my stay and he knows well enough to leave me alone when I do not wish to be found. So he has not bothered looking for me. And as to that I dout he would exspect me to ever do such a thing as to become pregnant. Selene is also to give birth? Well I could have seen that comming it was only a matter of time with a mare like her." Sgina laughed abit at Calamity's last responce.
"Grace and maturity is not something that I come by easly Calamity. That is something by now I would have thought you to know." Sgina flicked her tail holding a rather smug smirk on her face.

Quiddie!
"A mare like her? Now, whatever could you mean by that?" His smile turned subtly to something more ominous and predatory. "You should know better than to talk about my family in such a way, Sgina. Implications...of a less-than-savoury sort...I've killed for less, know. What your tongue, pet."

His eyes that had just been sprakling with a longing to kill, dulled once more as Calamity recomposed his demeanor. "You owe Rahu more than to find out of this through whisperings and rumors. He's a bit of a father figure to you, is he not?"

He snorted, looking away into the dense woods. "It seems like only yesterday I was arguing with your mother, very pregnant with you and your sibling, Kimi, over the grave of the two-legger I killed as a foal. My my, how time flies. Randee will be a grandmother now. Does she know?"

Naysha Aysha
"I did not mean it in a bad term Calamity, beleave it or not. She is a beautiful mare and has a sweet personality it is not hard to see how a stallion could find attraction or even love with her, but me its more suprising then you know, I think Ive made some wrong dessions, but there is nothing I can do about it now. The way I feel right now Calamity I doubt regaurdless of what say, I wouldnt fight back if you did attack........" Sgina then noticed the sparkle in Calamity's it gave her a chill, but it wasnt the feeling of being afraid, but she couldnt explain the feeling either. "I suppose I do, but I ashamed to talk to him about it......like Ive let him down in a way." Sgina's face snapped from soft to anger as her mother was mentioned. Though she had had that talk with her sister Kimi she still held bottled rage towards her mother.
"No she doesnt, Ive not seen the mare named Randee sence disowned me and Im not about to find her and tell her. She has no matter in it anyways do me a favor and dont mention that witch around me.....you killed a two-legger? Good one less to deal with ....why she care anyways?" Sgina flicked her tail not liking talking about Randee, but at the same time wanting to know why she was mad at Calamity.

Quiddie!
"Disowned, were you?" Calamity's expression was mingled laughter and exasperation. "Mares are terribly dramatic creatures at their hearts, aren't they? Well I suppose the reasons for such an event to take place are valid and all, but I really must advise that you rethink that relationship. The bonds of family ought not prove so easily broken...even if you have been wronged by them."

Pride in family, friends, and race was such a fiercely held characteristic of the kalona he sometimes had trouble wondering how others could so easily dissolve those ties. His own kind, Rotschreck and Maeryn specifically, had wronged him and crossed him several times. Regardless, they were bonded to him by race, and he didn't see himself severing relations anytime soon. In fact, it was probably an appropriate time to pay the new family a visit. Good heavens, why on earth was motivating so many soquili to start families all of a sudden?

"You owe Vudeux nothing more than what you have already given. The bestowing of heirs to a stallion is a very high honor, and if he had any sense in his head he would worship you for doing so. Not having met him, I can make no claim on his character, but I doubt your judgement was too clouded for that stretch of time."

He stamped the ground assertively. "I believe I understand your feelings and situation, Sgina. It may seem difficult and uncomfortable now, but time adds valuable perspective. Besides, you're most likely too befuddled with horomones right now to think clearly at all."

He laughed, his green eyes shimmering.

Naysha Aysha
Sgina respected what Calamity said about families and if Vudeux wasnt going to stay by her side like she had a feeling he wouldnt she would need help with the foals. She knew nothing of how to take care of them though Randee wasnt the perfect exsample of motherhood.
"I... know Calamity and after a talk I had with Rahu Ive decided I would talk to her....its just hard. With foals on the way it will be better to have a family for them. I...dont think Vudeux is going to be there for me....or the foals."
Family had never been very openly important to Sgina, though after being disowned she quickly found a Mother,Father, and sister to make up for what she had lost. It was not till she knew she was pregnant did she realize that a family was indeed important.
"...Vudeux....I beleave was nothing more then a one night stand gone wrong. We were to passionate about our simularities, Im a foolish mare. Ive let these foals down by not choosing a father that would be here for both them and me. For the first time in my life Calamity I can admit Im afraid. Not for myself but for these lives I hold with in me. I dont want them to be laughed at their whole life like I was, I dont want them to feel like there alone...." Sgina went quite worried she was speaking to much of her fears to Calamity. She then eyed him as he laughed and watched his eyes shimmer she twiched her ears lightly and frowned.
"What do you find funny in the matters we speak of ?"

Quiddie!
"What I find funny...is this strange sort of dichotomy. From marehood to motherhood. It changes females. It has changed you, for the better I think."

Calamity nodded sagely. "You're finally thinking beyond yourself and your petty needs and wants. Not that I find anything wrong with selfishness. On the contrary, self-interest is my modus operandi. But it is a refreshing sight to see a mature, collected Sgina before me. It wouldn't bother me terribly to speak again on hopefully lighter subjects."

Naysha Aysha
Sgina perked abit listening to what he said.
Had she really changed that much? She couldnt tell herself save for constantly doubting her dessions anymore. She gave him an odd yet sweet look as he spoke of speaking with her again.
" I changed before motherhood, you just havnt met me for a long time. I changed when I realzied I could care for others and still hold my hate that I cherish ever so much..... I would like it is we could meet again, even if I didnt act like it as a foal I really looked up to and admired you." Sgina flicked her tail and eyed Calamity wondering what other surprising thing he might say to her.

Quiddie!
Cal thought about Sgina's words very carefully. To cling so desperately to hate...in that aspect she was more like a kalona than Calamity himself. Disdain he could understand, contempt, fervor, passion, but hate? When it bordered so precariously on irrationality, Cal rejected the thought, thinking of his mother and the insanity that ruled her judgement. She was so...perfect...but for that one marring flaw.

Calamity was very aware of the pedestal he put his mother on. Misery as well. But the manic glint in their eyes...that empty absence of sense itself; composure, decorum, place, and propriety...those were the virtues Calamity clung to instead.

He blinkingly snapped from his reverie. "Well thank you, Sgina. I know there must be more to you than the impressions I have of you in your youth. I will do better to find those things myself."

He turned and began to walk, looking over his shoulder wordlessly compelling her to follow suit.

Naysha Aysha
Sgina watched as Calamity seemed to loose himself in thought for a moment. She pondered what he could be thinking about or what he thought of her or of what she said. She laughed abit thank you was never something she had exspected to hear from him regaurdless on the subject and then again he would have never thought herself to talk so openly with him either.
She smiled slightly at first from the way he was talking she had thought he was leaving, but when he wordlessly asked her to follow she felt abit releaved. She followed thinking about the first time they had met.
"Maybe,atleast then I knew what to exspect from myself. Im not even sure if I know who I am anymore and yet that old burning hatred I was born with still lingers though nothing else is the same. By the way , thanks to you I still have a bloodlust for smaller animals." Sgina gave Calamity a smirk and waited to see how he would react to the knowledge.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:26 am
RP FOR REEFIE! heart

Quiddie!

Stupid, rude mare...I don't know why everybody's complementing you. You still look like the same Nalani to me. stare

Reefie: You ought to be nicer to mares, child. You'll be a stallion soon enough... 3nodding xd

Lovely Wolf Guardian
Nalani: *swats the colt with her tail* Talk about rude, how dare you call me stupid? Hmph, if I was your mother I'd teach you a thing or two about being kind to mares. You should listen to your stallion friend. *looks at the stallion* Thanks for your help. *smiles* I don't think we've met. My name is Nalani. Yours?

Quiddie!

*grins and bows his head slightly* My name is Rainbow Reef. Apologies for Faust. He's late for his nap, I think. Anyway, not much can be expected when his surrogate father is a Kalona. *shrugs*

I remember seeing you play with Faust when you were younger, but it's a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance, Nalani. I'm somewhat of a friend to your 'mother', Jeevita.

Lovely Wolf Guardian

*chuckles* Well hello Rainbow Reef, it's a pleasure meeting you. Is it ok if I call you Reef? *smiles* You're one of my mother's friends? She never mentioned you, I guess she just forgot. *smiles innocently*

*looks over to the colt* His father's a Kalona? Heh, no wonder he's such a rude little brat. *rolls her eyes*

Quiddie!

I said somewhat of a friend, Nalani. Perhaps "acquaintance" would be a more appropriate description. She's nice to me, and I don't know that many soquili yet. *sighs*

Well, Faust's parentage is a slightly tricky relationship. But I know his surrogate parents, and they're more-or-less good soquili. Sometimes it's hard to say that about Calamity though, to be honest. But then again, he's not tried to kill Faust, so I'm guessing that's a good sign.

*spots Jeevita* Speak of the devil! Hello again, Miss J!

*looks at Rahu condescendingly after hearing about the mares* My father says he loves only himself, and that no proper mare is worthy of him. I'm going to be like that my whole life.

[ Lady Kiya ]

Jeevita: *Nuzzles back* I see you've met Reef. How do you do, Reef? *Smiling back at Nalani*

Lovely Wolf Guardian

Nalani: *smiles* Yes, he was telling me a bit about that annoying colt over there. *glares at Faust and turns to face Jeevita* Mother, do I look old?

Well I guess I can't say anything about that, since I've never met his parent's before. I just hope he changes as he gets older. It'll be a shame if he grows into a handsome stallion and no mare will even look at him because of his personality.

Quiddie!

*snarls and shouts towards the two mares* YES! *breaking into childish laughter*

I'm doing well, Jeevita. And how're you? mrgreen

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.
Hok'ee: *can't help but chuckle at Faust* Interesting...

[ Lady Kiya ]

Jeevita: *Gives a giggle* Nalani, you look beautiful, not old.

Lovely Wolf Guardian

Nalani: *glares at Faust once more* He sure is quite annoying...and his laughter is even worse. *smiles innocently at Jeevita* Thank you, mother.

[ Lady Kiya ]

Jeevita: You know, your just bosting his ego by letting him get to you. *chuckles*

Quiddie!

*smirks and nods* She's right...you ARE! *laughs some more*

*snorts with laughter at Faust, but quickly bites his lips nad looks away, regaining his composure in case either Jeevita or Nalani look at him*

Lovely Wolf Guardian

Nalani: *sighs* He's lucky I'm older now or else I would've poked him hard with my horn. *glances at Reef and frowns* Don't tell me you find it funny.

[ Lady Kiya ]

Jeevita: Isn't he just so adorable. *Smiles at Faust*

Quiddie!

*smiles widely and puffs up his chest, nodding*

What? Me...laughing? No. Never. *is still trying not to chuckle* eek rofl

Lovely Wolf Guardian
Nalani: *frowns even more* I see.... *turns and walks off into the forest towards the beach*

Campien
Tally:*slowly walks on the side of the beach her hooves tralling threw the water,the water splashing on her*

[ Lady Kiya ]

Jeevita: *Watches Nalani and looks at Reef* You better appologize, or she may stay mad at you. 3nodding

Quiddie!

*doesn't apologize or say anything, but follows her quietly*

*to Jeevita* Was it something I said? eek

[ Lady Kiya ]

Jeevita: It was the actions behind the lie you said. Lies can only cause another one pain * Jeevita smiles and turns and trots to a near by tree*

Lovely Wolf Guardian
Nalani: *smiles shyly at the stranger* I'm ok...I guess. Just unhappy about some things. That's all...

Quiddie!

*slowly approaches and speaks quietly, without the michevious tinge to his voice* You look like a grown-up, but you still kinda act like a filly. *twitches his nose blythely*

*hangs back to allow faust his moment first* What...this place smells a bit like home...

*wanders over to the water and licks it, lighting up happily* OCEAN! JUST LIKE HOME!

Lovely Wolf Guardian
Nalani: *looks back at Faust* What's wrong about acting like a filly?

Campien
Tally:..*smiles sweetly* yes I do don't I.hm*giggles* and Hello,what are your names*swishes her tail*..you look like a cute and nice Foal

Quiddie!
*looks at Tally and swishes his tail, nodding* I'm Faust!

*looking back at Nalani and getting a little more serious* Well, you're not supposed to, are you? you're an adult now. you can have foals of your own! You shouldn't act like one. *tilts his head curiously at her*

*dives in, swimming and splashing about like being in water was natural (which it since, since he's based off a seal)

Sweet delicious ocean of LIFE! I've MISSED YOU! 8D

Quiddie!
*looks at Tally and swishes his tail, nodding* I'm Faust!

*looking back at Nalani and getting a little more serious* Well, you're not supposed to, are you? you're an adult now. you can have foals of your own! You shouldn't act like one. *tilts his head curiously at her*

*dives in, swimming and splashing about like being in water was natural (which it since, since he's based off a seal)

Sweet delicious ocean of LIFE! I've MISSED YOU! 8D

Campien
Tally:..cooties haha..*laughs* it reminds me of someone*gets up and shakes the sand off* hm..*slowly steps into the water and walksa round in it for a while*..not bad..*is scare of the water*.....hm*leaps out and shakes it off fast*

Quiddie!

*pops his head above water and looks watches Tally* Where are you GOING? The water's GREAT! 8D

*splashes and swims around some more*

Campien
Tally:..ehehe sweatdrop ..*paws at the water slowly*..it looks safe..*paws at it more and gets the flash back*..oh uh..*falls back on her rump looking at reef in the water*..hm..

Quiddie!
What? Stop poking it like the water's going to bite you! COME ON! *swims towards her with a floating log to help her swim* Will this help?

Campien

Tally:..um..*pokes the log with a hoof*..but its not stable...*stands there*..hm are you sure

Quiddie!

You don't have to use it, but it'll help if you can't swim. *smirks* You CAN swim, can't you?

Campien

Tally:..ya i can swim,I just had something bad happen to me to do with water so i am...scared of it now..*sighs*..hm*blinks and sees Chemi*....if Chemi is here that means..OwO....no...he can't be..can he..OwO..i don't know

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:14 pm
Calamity RP: The Aftermath

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki
After the fight with Rahu, Aruna was left wandering listlessly with despair and regret. Her body now shook with sadness, wracked as it was with the terror and horror of what she had done.

She had broken all ties with Rahu.

After she had calmed down from her rage, instant guilt hit her like a load of falling pine trees. She wasn't just a fool, but an idiot.

Oh, how he longed for Delano's presense.

Thoughts were fleeting as her mind reeled back and forth over Rahu and Delano as she emotionally fought with herself. First, she felt guilty about Delano, realizing fully she still cared far too much for Rahu. Second, she was frustrated with her former lover, who had had numerous opportunities to take her as his mate. Thrid, she missed her family terribly.

She had vanished weeks ago... close to three months now, and she had yet to find another living soul.

And so she wandered, with no tug in any particular direction. She was past caring at this point; she didn't care if she was attacked by a predator or even eaten by a Kalona (soul-wise).

Her chest hurt, completely torn in two.

She missed Rahu.

She missed Delano.

But most of all...

...what...

...exactly...

...was she doing...?

...She was staring at the moon with dead eyes.

Lady Moon had been unmerciful to her lately. The thought of the moon led to the night sky, which ultimately led to the thought of a cliff, overlooking the sea.

...Which brought her thoughts of a moon-met friend, one she direly wished to see, now.

...Shadowfax.

Oh, and Calamity. She hadn't seen him in a while, either.

As she walked, watching Lady Moon and her children, the merry stars, she felt a rush of sudden wind...

...and then came a gasp of pain followed by total darkness.

The smell of fresh sea air and the taste of salty rocks was what woke her up.

She stood unsteadily, and realized she had fallen. She looked up to -- of all things -- see a high, jagged cliff, and then her hooves felt the sharp, pointed rocks which had given her deep gashes on her body.

Panting, as her vision faded in and out due to loss of blood, she stumbled across the rocks until she felt soft, yeilding sand...

...and fainted.

Her final thought lasted through one simple, short sentence:

I'm such an idiot.

**Note: The RP with Aruna and Delano happened after this, in case anyone was wondering. 83

Quiddie!
Calamity, who was currently soaring imperiously over the nighttime skies, felt his stomach grind and turn uncomfortably. The air was newly think with a heavy, coppery odor. It was the smell of fresh blood, and Cal realized quite quickly that he was hungry.

Diving lower, he followed the path of the smell down towards the cliffs and along the shoreline. A second powerful smell, almost as familiar as the scent of blood, filled his nostrils. Recognizing the source of both aromas, Cal flapped his large wings harder and quickly found Aruna lying unconscious on the beach.

He landed, looking at the mare's large, gaping wounds and the trail of blood in the sand. Shaking his head slightly, he chuckled darkly to himself. "What did I tell you about jumping off cliffs, mare?"

It's not that he didn't care about her, but the smell and his hunger were bludgeoning out his higher instincts. Weak and close to death, he could sense the aroma of her very very soul at this point. It was troubled and forlorn, but pure and very enticing. And she was so close to death...

He clenched his jaw, shaking his head suddenly. If there had been witnesses they would have seen the bright green blazing eyes glittering demonic intent. Could he do this think to a soquili he knew so well?

His stomach growled, and his looked hopefully out along the coast for any other soquili. Someone to see him...to stop him. But she smelled absolutely delicious...

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki
As she soared through the air as gracefully as could be, the sudden smell of metallic liquid hit her like a huge boulder, causing her to lose slightly balance as she flailed around a bit from the sudden change in air current. As she slowly lowered herself, she spotted a familiar mare and...

...a Kalona...?

She suddenly felt angry. Had that Kalona just tried to attack Aruna? How dare he! And she could bet a gold feather that he was going to try and eat her, too!

"Hey, you!" she called as she landed on the soft sand and galavanted toward him angrily. "How dare you attack a helpless mare! And I'll have you know that you're about to eat a friend of mine!" She narrowed her silver eyes and glanced at Aruna.

A fleeting look of worry crossed her face, and then she turned back with a sharp glare on the Kalona male in front of her. "I don't care if you can overpower me, but this is rediculous! No one can hurt Aruna when I'm around--and whoever hurts her will be me alone!"

Quiddie!
Calamity looked up hopefully at the wind mare that had just landed. He was unable to recall her name, but he had see her many times around the lands, occasionally in the company of Aruna herself. Aruna...

Overwhelmed by the smell of blood once more, he growled and looked from his friend's dying body to Shimshek, to out over the horizon. His more utilitarian instincts came out to play. If he was going to devour her soul, he was obviously going to have to take down the wind mare yelling angrily at his now unhearing ears that buzzed with anticipation.

She wouldn't be the only one, and he was in no mood to fight a potentially large group of soquili...and Aruna was so close she was practically family...

With a fristrated cry, he turned and lept up, catching the wind under his mighty wings and disappearing back into the night.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:01 am
Calamity RP: A Brief Goodbye

devilnightshade
hello Quiddie love heart

Shade: *gallops over to Cal*

Quiddie!
Hiya! ^^

Cal: I...I need to talk to you, Shade. *flaps his wings anxiously*

devilnightshade
*sits on yer head* xd

Shade: *raises an eyebrow* yes?

Quiddie!
Cal: Shade, darling, I don't quite know how I want to word this...or if I'd even say it at all outside of the circumstances...

*takes a deep breath*

In the short time I've known you, you've made me feel more things that I've felt in my entire life. You make me feel understood, and that's absolutely astounding to me.

devilnightshade
Shade: *blushes then smiles rubbing the tip of her muzzle against his* I know these feelings Cal you give them to me too.

Quiddie!
I've been...called to something. I don't know quite what it is, and though it's been tugging at the back of my mind for sometime, you have been the only thing that could hold me here.

But this urge is too strong. I can't, no...I won't fight it anymore. If I find it, believe me when I say I will come back to you and find you. But if I don't...

*looks away across the plains*

I thought I owed it to you to know this.

*leans forward and nuzzles her, sighing sadly*

devilnightshade
*nods and nuzzles him comfortingly* I understand Cal, and i'll wait for your return no matter how long it takes.

*swishes her tail and nibbles slightly on his ear*

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:02 am
Calamity RP: The Return, and Realization

Quiddie!
Calamity landed loudly and without any of his

normally-pretentious attempts at grace and flourish. His white fur was dirty and askew, and

his own glorious mane harrassed beyond recognition. He was cut, bleeding in places still,

but visibly relieved. He was home now, and that was the important thing.

He would have flown back to his own little clearing in the woods, but despite his state he

was still inexorably drawn to a gathering of kalona. Their collective scent rang more

unfamiliar than ever. There were...new kalona?

Spotting Shade, he let the barest grin of approval twitch at the corner of his mouth. To

the two strange stallions, he nodded and grunted softly in greeting, his breath still

ragged from the arduous journey.

devilnightshade
((*hops onto Quiddie*))

Shade paused her nostrils had caught Cal's scent before he even landed. She

turned her head back to see him and her breeath caught, he looked terrable ragged and boody

but att he same time he was still beautiful. Bidding the two stallions goodbye she pranced

twoards him letting out a rather happy whinney in greeting.

Quiddie!
Calamity welcomed Shade's attentions with a short intake

of breath. Wasn't she the reason he'd delayed his journey so long in the first place? "It's

very, very good to see you again, Shade."

His voice was hoarse and gravelly, but gentle towards her. To the pristine pale stallion

eyeing him incredulously, Cal lifted his chin proudly (much to the chagrin of the vertebrae

in his back, which groaned and popped audibly were one near enough to hear it).

"Yes, another one, and no stranger to these lands, unlike yourself. My name is Calamity."

Where he normally would have followed with a smart-a** remark, Calamity bit his tongue. For

once. It was strange to even him.

((Hey friends! I've been convinced by IRL friends to find a happy-medium between Gaia and

real life. brb. Ice cream run! ^^ ))

devilnightshade
She prowled around him like a predator, "my my Cal

beaten yourself up have you?" She was being playful for the most part and she nudged his

side lightly. "That was a doozy of a trip hmm?" She looked down slightly as the wind swept

away a rose petal form her leg, it dance don the breeze for a long moment before it

disintegrated into ashes that rained down on the earth bellow.

She shook her silky mane and snorted, her roses had represented heart ach and hatred and

they were losing and growing back their petals at a quick rate now. Shade had no clue why

they were doing it besides that maybe she was growing a large soft spot for Cal, which

personally she didn‘t mind one bit.

Quiddie!
"A little roughhousing never did anyone harm. And I heard mares dig scars. Well, do they?" He smirked a little weakly and snorted into Shade's mane. She smelled like...whatever it was, it was a scent that had kept him alive the last few days.

"So, who's the potty-mouth over yonder? And his friend, who might be the prettiest stallion I've ever seen." He whispered quietly, his attention almost solely squared on Shade. He started in towards laughing, but was quickly squashed by the sharp sting through his ribcage.

devilnightshade
"Indeed we can," she shook her head the horns gleaming stained with blood a testiment to her kills, aswell as many fights she'd been engaged in. another petal floated from her leg, but she snapped this one up. It was a large thing black as ebony with icey blue tips.

She put it rather happily an Cal's hair, maybe it would be like a good luck charm for the stallion, "Wrath is the black and red stallion while the 'pretty' one is Ariston." She laughed softly hearin Calamity call another stallion pretty was quiet funny actually.

Quiddie!
"Is this a new look for me?" He eyed the petal and shrugged resignedly. "I think it's quite fetching, really."

He nuzzled her discreetly, marvelling at Shade's calming presence. For a mare so shockingly colored, she proved remarkably soothing. "They seem...quite the happy couple, actually."

He winked at her and yawned, looking away and into the woods where his nest of ferns called to him like a siren's song. His will was fighting with his body's extreme fatigue.

devilnightshade
She laughed, "the blck of the rose repressents hatred, while the icey blue represents heart ach, the petals seem to be dying rapidly as of late though though."

She gave him s nuzzel back, she was calming to him but he filled voids in her soul that she'd never have believed ina million years could be washed way by one creature.

She had been up quiet abit lately but the only proof was a slight sag of her ears and maybe a slight dullness in her eyes. "you should rest Cal, frankly i need some rest myself." She stretched her muscles tightning bulging udner her coat before relaxing once more.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:07 pm
REEFIE RP: THE CRUSHING WAVES

Talencia
((Get it? Crushing? Meh, lol.... so it was weak!))

T'Cora picked her way daintily down the cliff-face. An extremely narrow path twisted and turned down towards a small beach with rocks that jutted far out into the ocean, perfect for nearly immersing herself in the atmosphere of the ocean without actually getting wet. She wasn't in a mood for wet today, with a strong, chilled wind blowing. But she couldn't resist the call of the waves.

Her eyes remained focused ahead of her. The path was mostly rock, strewn with dirt from above and sand from below. It was treacherous to solid hooves, though she had found her cloven hooves helped minimize the amount of slipping she experienced on rock surfaces. Her dainty movements helped her keep her footing as well. After a time, her hooves hit the genuine sand of the beach.

She heaved a sigh and chose to kneel down in the sun-warmed sand. Here in this sheltered place, nesteled between the rockfaces as it was, the wind did not reach her. A faint breeze did swirl, stirring the vines that climbed up the rock nearby and the bits of sturdy saltgrass that grew nearby. It rippled her curling mane gently, and she sighed once more, eyes sliding closed. She missed Mystre. He had stayed back at the teepee for some well-deserved rest time. From this far away, she couldn't hear him in her mind, and it made her feel vaguely melancholy.

Quiddie!
Rainbow Reef spent his days increasing in the company of the ocean alone. It was that he didn't like it here in his new home...heavens no! He was nothing but grateful to have been allowed to relocate to this fine area after fleeing his homeland once the Kalona problem became too powerful to deal with...

His soaked puple mane broke the surface of the frothy, dark water. He took a long, greedy breath as his lungs ceased their burning need for oxygen. For as friendly as the majority of the herd here had been, Reefie just hadn't felt that connection to any soquili here yet. The lonliness and heartache of his missing (and fallen) mates from home drove him every more into seclusion.

Because the sea was the same. Every changing and wild, but very much the same. And if he'd had a firmer grasp on psychology he would have admitted readily that he needed, craved the stability of the ocean.

He shook out his hair and opened his eyes, twitching his nose at the drop of water beaded at the end of his whiskers. He looked up at the heavy gray sky and felt absolutely enveloped by the sea and sky. He grinned and let his gaze meander back to the rocky shore.

The drab tan and grey of the sand and rocks was almost violently interrupted by a creature of some striking hue of teal. He blinked again to discern that it was a soquili....a mare. He was too far out into the water to make out the detailing in her coat, or even to confirm his suspicions that she had a long, slender horn protruding from the center of her forehead.

All he knew was that there was a possibility she was like him, drawn to the ocean. And that hope alone was enough to keep him treading water, mouth slightly agape, staring towards her on the beach.

Talencia
After a rest in the warm sands, she rose and paced towards the hissing waves as they surged up onto the sand. She stepped lightly out onto the soaked sand and stopped where the flow of cold water would wash over her fetocks, soothing after her long descent. Enjoying the feel of the water rushing against her legs, then pulling away again, she closed her eyes and listened.

The roar of the waves as they cascaded over rocks far out, smashing together in what she knew were foamy explosions, came to her ears. She pricked them forward, soaking in more of the sound of the sea. The hiss of foam being drawn over the sand granules followed by the sudden gurgle of water sweeping back up again drew her attention next. It coincided with the rush of cool and less cool around her hooves, lulling and soothing her. And last, she focused on the trickling, tinking of the water as it trickled down off the higher rocks, dribbling in pleasant tones back into the rush of water as it ebbed and flowed.

She stood this way, ears canted forward and eyes closed, for quite some time, willingly mezmerized by the cadence of the ocean. She swayed slightly with the rhythm, while the wind whipped her curling mane back away from her face, streaming it behind her. Her tail-tip flicked behind her in time to the rhythm as well. In the end, the effect was that she danced without moving her hooves. It was an inward melding with the sea, where her heart dwelt always. She reveled in timeless moments like this.

Quiddie!
She'd moved closer, only to pause again only steps from submersion. He couldn't understand how any creature could willingly kepp themselves from the ocean's loving grasp. He got a little closer...near enough to see her eyes shut in rapturous repose. He idly confirmed that she was a unicorn, and grinned slightly to see the detailing of her coat: swirling shades of but that was unmistakably oceanic. He was thrilled.

With all the excitement and anticipation of a child about to recieve a present, Reefie dipped below the water and swan towards the shore, emerging relatively noiselessly some yards down the shore from her. She could be that friend he was missing so desperately...the one that could understand his passions and share them. How could she not? There she was, standing like a veritable sea goddess in commune with her domain.

He trotted up the wet sand towards her, eyes bright and grinning in awed expectation. His wet braids and mane stuck oddly to his neck and face, but he made no attempts to right himself as he cleared his throat softly and swished his tail.

Talencia
It was actually the sound of hoof striking wet sand that interrupted the hypnotizing affect of the sounds and feel of the sea. She didn't open her eyes just yet, unwilling to let it snap away from her like that. Instead she let it go lingeringly, extracting herself from her communing slowly. Thus it was that when she heard the distinct sound of someone clearing their throat, she was not caught off guard, but was ready to open her eyes and regard her companion.

At first she blinked, trying to clear her vision, for purple flashes seemed to drift across the soquili standing before her. After the realizatio nthat this was his natural coloring, it dawned on her that he was dripping wet, as if he had come out of the ocean itself. She cast a glance out at the surging water, then back at him, her curiousity rising. A soquili willing to swim in the restless sea? How... intriguing!

"Greetings, friend," she began, as her uncle Eloran would. She liked how he connected with others, and had adopted his friendly attitude. "Are you out to enjoy the ocean on this lovely day as I am?" She didn't even flick a glance at the clouded grey sky. It was as it should be. The ocean was almost always perfect, no matter the weather. Even when it raged, it seemed righteous in it's fury, rather than beastly and cruel. Or at least, she had always felt so. Thus, it being heavily cloudy did not mean the day was any less right for enjoyment.

Quiddie!
It was her instantaneous usage of the word 'friend' that had floored him. How long had it been since he'd been called that? Before they had died (no, had been killed), certainly. But morose thoughts were for another time and place. Best to always put a good hoof forward, so to speak.

Perhaps his grin widened at her greeting. He wasn't even sure if his cheeks were capable of streatching farther, nor was he aware of his charmed expression. He nodded in joyful greeting and tried his best not to stare at any part of her for too long, lest he scare away his new friend (he had a FRIEND now, didn't he?)

"I," he blinked a little vacantly, trying to recall just what she had said to him before his mind became an incoherent flurry of half-formed thoughts. "always enjoy it. The ocean, that it. It's like a second home to me...maybe a first one."

He probably wasn't making a whole lot of sense, but then again, it was taking all his mental fortitude to keep himself from barraging the mare with questions.

"It is a lovely day, isn't it?" He looked up at the sky and blinked at the radiated brightness of the sun through the overcast layer, blanketing the world with an even, mellow light. "There's nowhere I'd rather be right now."

He looked back at the arresting mare and nodded again. That was the truth. "My name is Rainbow Reef. I don't think I've seen you around here before, have I? I think I would remember if I did."

Talencia
His infectious smile made her own smile to grow. He definitely seemed enthused to meet her, which was, oddly enough, a first. There seemed much distruste and jadedness in the world. But here was someone as open and friendly as her uncle. It was invigorating and highly refreshing. Thus it was as he nearly stuttered all over himself, expressing his pleasure in the day and the ocean, that she tossed back her head and gave a light laugh, tossing her head merrily.

"Oh, I know just what you mean. I like to believe I was born from the ocean." She turned her eyes out to the sea. "I was found in my basket, resting beside the rocks within the surf. So you could say it is my first home as well." She turned her bright smile to the jovial stallion, when he introduced himself. "A pleasure to meet a fellow lover of the sea! I am T'Cora." It felt strange to not have her wolf companion to introduce as well, but she held her tongue from doing so anyway. Strangely enough, it seemed well-timed that her four-pawed brother was not with her when meeting this vibrant stallion.

Shifting her thoughts from this distracting direction, she turned towards him again, eyes glowing with good-nature as she again took in his dripping braids. "Did you by chance swim in your first home to get here? I'm pretty sure you didn't climb down as I did." She cast a glance at the steep path behind them. It was only then that it occured to her that they both were gravitating to the ocean, at least partially facing it with their backs generally turned towards the land. How... intriguing!

Quiddie!
How Wonderful! Reefie took in every word, stunned to find her own story was so similar to his own. "I was found in the shallows of a lagoon back home, playing with a group of seals. My patterning...it's just like theirs too. All the elders of my herd wondered if I was some sort of selkie-soquili."

He stared out into space momentarily, lost in his thoughts. "But I'm not!" he finished, enthusiastically.

He blew at a dangling purple braid with the corner of his mouth, resisting the urge to shake himself dry next to T'Cora. T'Cora...what a lovely name...

He blinked, realizing he had once again zoned out. It was a very bad habit that had only worsened with his increased isolation. "Beg pardon, what did you say? Something about a swim?"

He blinked pleasantly, his eyes opened alertly to maintain his attention. "I did swim here, if that was what you were asking. I've pretty much made camp over around that jetty there. There's a little harbor that happens to stay very hidden and shielded from...things by the jagged cliffs. I prefer swimming to go to and fro, rather than climbing."

He bit his lip and tilted his head incrementally to the right. "I could...show it to you sometime. I mean, I know we just met and all...and I don't mean anything inappropriate...but the way the dark rocks are littered across the pale sands...it really is pretty, if not a little drab."

He tossed his mane uncomfortably, his own nervousness being amplified by the torturous dripping of his mane and fur.

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers