Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
sex?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GOLD!!!!!
  HAZZAH!
View Results

Ursus the Grim

Ursine Warlord

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Marathon 300
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:51 pm
I'm not going to repeat what's already been said. I recently found a very relevant passage though. Please read all of it.

In Stranger in a Strange Land, Robert A. Heinlein
"That's what sexual union should be. But that's what I grokked it rarely was. Instead it was indifference and acts mechanically performed and rape and seduction as a game no better than roulette but less honest and prostitution and celibacy by choice and by no choice and fear and guilt and hatred and violence and children brought up to think that sex was 'bad' and 'shameful' and 'animal' and somthing to be hidden and always distrusted. This lovely perfect thing, male-femaleness, turned upside-down and made horrible."

It goes on, of course, but I'm not about to quote the entire thing. What I essentially drew from this is that sex is meant to be a full, blissful union. It rarely is. It has been corrupted. Therefore, it is my belief that sexual intercourse is to be avoided until you are positive that you are in love, and want to spend the rest of your life together. Wait a while, even then. Anyone can be fooled.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:40 pm
I think only after marriage. If someone's the right one they'd wait. it's better that way.  

Tusuami

~Extra...Desire~

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:11 pm
Some people end up being more mature than others, I think it's all about when you know your ready, no one else. I think that sex it s two person thing, but it needs to be a self desicion..unfortunately I didn't get that choice, but I think everyone should have a choice  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:05 pm
Hmmmhmmm sex....... domokun  

Chrisu-kun

shicklaus123

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:12 pm
sex only after maried unless u are willing to risk getting the womam pregnate and having a child.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:43 pm
After Marriage.
The way to show you care, is to hold out till then, to prove you love that person, not the sex. Will you do that, is another queston.  

mehaffey

xoxdancexox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:17 am
why wait til after marriage? i dont plan on geting married until i'm in my late 20s, and there's no way i'm waiting that long. i dont see what the big deal about sex is, yes having children is a big deal, but sex itself? whenever both partners feel ready. whatev  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:28 pm
Kaori Hana
In many "ancient" cultures, such as the Native Americans, believed when the girl or "woman" started her period, she was ready to bare children. So when the girls would begin menstruating they would marry them off to a family and husband. However, the human life span was also much shorter back then..

But now, in our times, that would be nearly impossible. First of all the laws associated with our states don't allow anything like that to happen, legally at least (thank goodness); but from a different perspective it's kind of remarkable how much the maturity level of teens and young adults over the century have disipated. Kids don't know how to handle themselves today, not properly anyway.

Sometimes I wish our morals and obligations could revert, but I love technology too much and it just might be the downfall of our society. Maybe even our country (< mad
Girls started their periods later back then, too - around 16 years old, if I remember right. I think diet and lifestyle changes (more fatty foods plus less-strenuous lifestyles) attributed to that. Anyway, look at me go flying off the main topic... sweatdrop  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

Poets Divine Desire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:36 pm
Artanus
Whenever both partners feel ready.

EXACTLY! IF they're 14 and become PRego, well you're a dumb ******** now arn't ya?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:54 pm
o.o I was mayself raised to beleive in sex after marriage

I have many friends who are not virgins and I dont quite approve but avoid the topic mostly to keep from getting into huge arguments

I did, at one time, think I was ready and, by the way its affected me, I think I was probably ready. no, we did not have sex, but that's a different story.

I was very dissappointed and cried alot after we broke up because He was my world. he was the most important person to me and still is my best friend. I love Dean more than anyone in the world and probably will for some time to come.

nevertheless, even though it seemed to have no huge negative effects (I'm fine now, and dont intend to have sex for well probly until I'm married) I wouldnt suggest having sex until you're married.

I know everyone says "if you really love each other" but if you really do love each other, you'll be willing to wait. if the other person involved is unwilling, then they dont care for you the way they say they do. they really do. that is the first clue.

Now, with Dean, I was the one who told him I thought it was the right time. he agreed but he did not bring it up first, I did. I didnt make him do it, but we both came to the agreement that we cared very much for each other and that it was an appropriate decision. Him not being a virgin was even a little more hesitant because he knew how he grew away from the other girl from before and didnt want that to happen but right now, we're still best friends. he may have lied to me in the past this year about things and we've broken up and we've gotten into arguments but we do still care about each other quite alot. I love him more than anyone <3  

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Biatch Deleter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:44 pm
only after ******** marriage, man. before is iresponsable.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:57 pm
I'm the kind of person who waits until marriage. I believe sex only exsists so that people can make another child, not some pleasureable activity  

[~My Wish~]

LordRyan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:45 pm
I believe it is a decision for to people that are in love to make and i believe love doesnt have an age. Thats my opinion hope it helps.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:17 am
What about people who don't want to get married, or can't legally (Like Lesbians and gays in some states)? I just think people should wait untill they are mature enough, which is to say when it is legal for them, and they are both consenting adults. And for god's sake people, use a ******** condom! Sheesh!  

Taily-po

Demoness Pride

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:07 am
why does a guy tell you if you end up pregnant he'll be there and help you only to turn his back on you and expect you to support him?  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff