Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
CuterThanYou's Teepee Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:44 pm
User Image

Daray
Daray was restless, cold, and hungry.

Walking alongside the frozen river near his teepee, he searched for any means of food he could. He was so tired of grass soggy from the snow that never seemed to end. When was it supposed to melt again?

He couldn't recall what his two-legger Fable had said, but at the moment he didn't care. All he cared about was satisfying the stomach which was now growling.

"Maybe there are still some more berries left on the bushes to the east?" He thought aloud to himself, and started trotting off in their direction.

Gingey
Trotting about, Gingey looked up and down the frozen river. He had so many thoughts in his mind currently, and some of them made no sense at all. One of the big ones that kept coming back around was that he couldn't understand how, or why for that matter, of how he was able to live like all other Soquili. After all, he was made of nothing more than cookie mix, flour, water, sugar, and even eggs. Of course, some spices had been thrown in too, giving him a bit of a temper at times. Still though, how was he able to do everything he could, yet still be nothing more than a type of giant cookie?

It just didn't make sense...

Daray
Suddenly, mid-trot, Daray caught whiff of a scent he had never smelled before. It was faint, but evident in the air.... and it seemed to be coming from the riverbed!

Giving up on the berry idea for the moment, Daray turned back and walked down the riverside, following the scent that grew stronger and stronger with each step. It smelled heavenly... like warm spices. His stomach was on a non-stop growl rampage now.

He squinted in the distance, but could make out nothing but a fellow Soquilli walking about ahead of him.

"Maybe he has whatever that scent is.." Daray thought to himself, and picked up his pace, not wanting to lose this strange Soquili in his sight.

Getting closer, he noticed that the odd-colored Soquili with bright white hair and red lips had nothing in front of him, nor was he chewing on any substance. But the large purple balls on his chest looked quite... delicious, in a weird way.

"What's going on here?" Daray asked himself, frustrated and hungrier than ever. "What kind of tricks are the spirits trying to pull on me?"

Gingey
Ears perked up now, Gingey turned his head around, seeing a Soquili coming towards him. Staring at the black stallion with his white eyes, his ears flattened themselves, a grimace coming across his face.

"Great.. Yet another Soquili that may attempt to eat me...", Gingey muttered to himself. Apparently, he had not had very good luck when it came to meeting other Soquili. They had always thought that he was nothing more than a giant cookie, resulting his some of his mane or tail missing and chunks taken out of his body here and there. They could just never seem to help themselves.

Snorting slightly, the brown and spicey-looking stallion turned his head back around, trotting the way he had been going, flicking his short, cropped tail behind him.

Daray
"Hey! Wait up!" Daray called out, watching the other Soquili turn tail and walk off.
Having speed as his strong point made it easier for him to reach the stranger, and that's when it dawned on Daray.

This strange Soquili was GIVING OFF the smell!! He wasn't eating anything... he was scented this glorious spicy smell.

"Why don't you smell like a regular horse?" Daray asked bluntly, never one for "beating around the bush". "You smell sweet.... like food".

He paid closer attention to the creature, who's skin looked almost pastry like, and his mane and tail like white icing... and those purple balls on his chest... so tempting... Daray kept calm and tried not drool. "Why would I drool over a Soquili?" he tried to remind himself, but his mouth kept on salivating.

"Hey!" he called out again. "Hey, you! I'm talking to you!"

Gingey
Swishing his tail some more behind him, the Soquili had continued to walk on for a short distance, until he stopped suddenly. As he listened to the black stallion yelling behind him, his ears flattened some, only getting slightly annoyed. Swishing his tail just a little bit more, he finally turned around, the stallion yelling at him about talking or something.

"Now.. What does a fleshy Soquili like you want with me, hmm?"

Staring at the stallion across the way from him, hi white eyes almost looked glazed over, almost as if they were some sort of semi-clear frosting of sortsl Still though, no matter how sweet that may have looked, they had a very obvious and evil look to them.

Daray
Daray was startled by the obvious harsh attitude this Soquili apparently had. Why was it that every Soquili he had met these past few days had to be mean and... almost evil?

Shrugging his shoulders, he grinned and trotted up to the yummy smelling horse and flipped his black and orange mane.

"Hello, my friend! I didn't mean to annoy you... though I'm not sure what you refer to when you say fleshy." He laughed self-consiously. Was he putting on a few extra pounds he didn't know about? "But anyhow, my name's Daray. What's yours?"

Gingey
Staring at the one that was called Daray for a few seconds, the stallions flicked his tail behind him some more, a few drops of something white falling off an onto the ground.

"The name is Gingey... It's.. Nice to meet you, Daray. I'm sorry for my comment. I'm just rather uncomfortable around other Soquili nowadays. After all, most of them only want to eat me, which I can't quite understand. How about you? Are you intoxicated by me as well?"

Daray
Daray laughed to himself. Gingey must have run into Aita like he had. Aita was a cannibalistic Soquili who thought nothing but her stomach and Daray learned that the hard way. Poor guy... he must think everyone's a cannibal now.

"I've no intentions of eating you, Gingey. Not unless you taste like wild berries or something of that sort." Grinning, Daray flicked his tail in response to Gingey's tail flicking, and then his eyes were distracted by the white specks falling from Gingey's tail. Was this stallion shedding... at this time of the year? How odd.

"And if you mean by your scent, why yes, I have to admit, I am a bit intoxicated. What in the world did you roll around in to create that wonderful smell?""

Daray pawed at the ground anxiously. Perhaps this stallion had found a new source of delicious food he didn't know about, and that's why the aromatic smell clung to him? If so, he was definitely going to have to get him some of that food.

Gingey
Smiling some, Gingey cocked his head, still looking over to Daray. With his eyes roaming around the aspects of the frozen river, the stallion, flicked his tail again, yet another white something flying off of it.

"Dear stallion, I did not roll in anything. In fact, I rolled on something, and over something. My intoxicating smell that you seem so attracted to is how I always smell, for that smell is embedded within my skin. You see, I'm not flesh like you and all other Soquili. I'm made from gingerbread dough, as well as vanilla icing."

Daray
Daray snorted. He did not like to be made a fool of. He knew he wasn't the smartest horse in the land, but he sure as hell wasn't the dumbest. A Soquili made out of cookie dough? Impossible. At least he now had a name to the scent, and the smell became recognizable.

"What are you trying to pull here?" He snapped, almost growling, his orange eyes narrowing as the bright orange scar across his face gleamed. "All I wanted to know is how you got that scent on you. If you don't want to tell me, just say that. I can do without the smartass answers, thank you very much."

He eyed the white specks leaving Gingey's tail again and grunted. "What's wrong with your tail? Do you have dandruff or something?"

Gingey
Glaring at the stallion that was across from him now, Gingey snorted some as well, not exactly appreciating having his answers be called 'smartass'.

"For your information, nothing I am telling you is a lie. What I say is true, and if I need to prove it to you, I will. As you ask about my tail, I do not have dandruff. How can vanilla frosting get dandruff?"

Pawing at the ground some, it was clearly noticable that all four of his legs had a creamy-white design on them, it looking like a wavy line of rather thick frosting. As he had snorted, his chest had heaved, showing off the large purple balls that rested there. Could it be true that he was indeed telling the truth?

Daray
Daray circled this strange Soquili, puzzled by his words. He could either be telling the truth, or else he was being rather annoying with repeating his far-fetched lie.

Watching and studying closely to his cookie-textured body, he asked, "How could it be possible, though, for you to be made out of common cooking ingredients and not flesh and blood?"

He stepped closer and got a big whiff of the other male's mane, which did indeed smell suspiciously like icing.

The hair looked like icing, the purple balls looked like candy, and his body sure as hell looked like one big horse shaped cookie. Daray wondered to himself what would a cookie horse eat to stay alive... or would he even need to eat?

"You offered to prove to me you were a cookie..... " he stated slowly, still eyeing Gingey "....so... prove it."

Gingey
After watching the stallion make his rounds and ask his questions, Gingey was quite happy when he finally stopped and asked him to prove it. For him, this was the best part, but it was also the one with the most hassle, for he had to put himself back together with a very long process.

"Alright.. You want me to prove it? Fine. Stand back."

Trotting backwards by just a little bit, the cookie stallion stood in one spot, staring at Daray, not really doing much. Then, quite suddenly, an extremely loud crack was heard, and one of Gingey's back legs fell off and onto the ground. As painful as it looked, the male was just standing there like nothing had happened, a small and rather smug smile on his muzzle.

"See? Now do you believe me?"

Daray
How horrific.

Daray stood, stunned, mouth gaped open. The horse's leg... it just... fell off? How was that possible? And how was it that this horse wasn't screaming in pain?

He moved around to study the open "wound", and noticed it was neither hollow nor did it have any blood coming from it. Instead, it was solid cookie, just like the rest of Gingey's body.

It took him quite a few minutes to pull himself together (unlike his new companion, who was busy falling to pieces... literally), then stammered, "How is it again that you're alive again, if you're a cookie?"

Gingey
Grinning now, Gingey hopped around and carefully bent down, picking his stiff leg up with his mouth. Hopping once more, he went and sat it down on a large rock that was spread out across the landscape, sitting down next to it.

"It's called magic. Most Soquili don't posess it, but I do. Otherwise, I'd be a cookie that you can just eat. However, in my case, my creator made me in his own, special way, making me live and breathe, just like you and all other Soquili. Unfortunately, my creator was killed... And now I travel alone, wandering the lands aimlessly."

He didn't like to admit it, but he was a lonely stallion. He never really had any friends, and most thought he was just weird, due to his odd nature. Sure, he smelled great, but his body was just too crazy for others to deal with.

Daray
Daray plopped down on the ground next to Gingey's rock and listened attentively to his story.

"I know a little about magic, but most of my knowledge is of the Spirits of this world." He confessed, watching Gingey and his leg as he spoke. "Where I come from, Soquilis look... well... normal, compared to you and I. Plain horses...nothing special. I was, unluckily enough for me, born on a night when the darkness eclipsed the moon. The Dark Spirits were out celebrating that night, my mother always told me... and that's how I got my markings. A sign from the Dark Spirits themselves.

He sighed, and then flopped down on the cold, soggy grass and rolled around, taking care of a nuisance of an itch that was beginning to form.

"But normal Soquilis are boring. I like being different, though it can be a bit of a bother sometimes. I'm sure you know alot more about that than me, dontcha, Ging?"

He rolled back on his stomach and flipped his mane to one side. "Now... we can continue this discussion here, but I admit I'm growing hungrier and hungrier by the minute, and I'm not sure how much longer you'll be safe around me," he laughed, his orange eyes gleaming, "Or else we can continue our discussion while on route for dinner. What do gingerbread horses eat, anyways?"

Gingey
"Gingerbread horses eat exactly what all other regular horses eat, even gingerbread itself. As long as the cookie isn't alive and talking to me, I'm fine with it. After all, they take pretty nummy, don't you think?"

Smiling and hopping back up, Gingey turned around and picked his back leg up, holding it upright. As he hopped some more, he placed his body body above the leg, right where it was supposed to go. After he had done that, he carefully licked the 'wound', a white and translucent fluid forming around it.

"There.. That'll hold until I can at least do it properly. Now, shall we be one our way, oh weird one, such as I?"

Grinning smuggly, the stallion cookie slightly hopped forward, the white and translucent stuck squishing some, but keeping his leg together with his body. Now trotting forward some, his leg almost looked like it had never broken off, except for the very obvious crack right through it.

Daray
He shook his head, somewhat amazed at the trick, somewhat disgusted.

All it would take would be a super hungry Kalona finding him and he'd be cookie crumbs in minutes.
He needed some protection. He needed a friend.

"Hmm... if you eat the same as other Soquili..." he mused, trying to come up with an idea, "... hey! There are some darn good berries over by the valley, if you know where that is. Wanna race?" He grinned, figuring that a cookie wouldn't be the fastest of racers.

Gingey
"Berries! I haven't had any of those in a long while! Sure thing! Lets go!"

Neighing with a sudden urge to race, Gingey reared himself up next to Daray, his hooves stamping the ground. He hadn't raced in quite awhile,and this would be a blast. After all, he was the Gingerbread Soquili, and he was one of the fastest ones around.

"Catch me if you can... I'm the Gingerbread Man...", he whispered under his breath.

Daray
A cookie run fast? Hah.

Daray grinned and turned to his new buddy. "Alright.. now, on the count of three.... one...TWOTHREE!"

Laughing, he galloped off, hoping to steal the first few seconds to snag the lead. Gingey sure seemed like an interesting fellow. He hoped Gingey was having as much fun as he was... meeting this unique Soquili really livened up the day.

Breathing hard, he raced on towards the berry bushes, refusing to look behind him to see how far Gingey had caught up to him.

Gingey
As the black and orange stallion dashed off, Gingey smiled, in a smug way. Quietly sneaking around a few bushes and trees, he galloped off, leaves and dirt being kicked up by his ginger-like hooves. Looking over to the side, he could something orange, flashing slightly. It had to of been Daray, the orange markings flashing through all the trunks of the trees. Grinning from ear to ear, his hooves took a different direction, dashing off to the side, and right in from of Daray.

"Haha! Think you're slick huh? Not slick enough!"

Daray
Wha--?!?

How did he get in front so quickly?

Daray snorted and urged his legs to go faster, to at least catch up with the gingerbread Soquili, much less beat him.

Up ahead, though they were only tiny dots to the eye, he noticed the berry bushes looking quite delicious.... and they were getting closer and closer within reach.

Trying not to huff and puff too much, Daray managed to push himself closer, to where he was at Gingey's waist line as they dashed onwards.

Gingey
Smiling and throwing his head back laughing, Gingey looked over to Daray, his white teeth forming a teasing grin.

"So, think you can still beat be? I was made to race, my friend, and I highly doubt you'll be able to beat me! However, if you do, I'll make sure to consider you a true rival."

Throwing his head around some more, Gingey looked ahead, seeing the same thing that Daray had seen. The berry bushes were right ahead of them, and now, Gingey could of sworn that he had started to drool in anticipation. He just had to get to those berry bushes.. They just had to get to those berry bushes.

Daray
He huffed. And he puffed.

Daray laughed along with Gingey, after all, it was just a game.

As he ran beside him, Daray couldn't keep from drooling as well. Not due to the delicious berries they were approaching, but due to the sweet spicy smell of gingerbread that invaded his nostrils. He glanced down and stared at the cookied rump of the other horse, and then allowed Gingey to take a bigger lead in the running race, so Daray wouldn't have to tolerate the cookie smell up so closely to his nose. Daray never thought he'd think it of another Soquili... but Gingey sure had a sweet lookin' a**.

It was definitely going to be tough having a friend made out of food. But he'd survive.
He was just glad to have a friend!

Daray watched as Gingey arrived at the berry bushes just seconds before he did, and he happily congratulated the gingerbread horse on his win... then quickly proceeded to chow down on the flavorful berries.

Gingey
With Gingey trotting up to the bushes and then seeing Daray dash beside him, only to start munching away like a wild animal, Gingey trotted forward and lightly began to nibble, trying to look at least a little less wild than his ravenous friend.

"So.... Daray... How do you like my rump? Pretty sweet, eh?"

Gingey picked his head up and looked over to this black and orange friend, grinning still, and giving him a small wink.

Daray
Daray felt his cheeks flushing as he paused his berry gobbling.

"Ummmm.... I guess so?" he replied meekly. "But then again, since you're a cookie, all of you is pretty sweet." He laughed, catching himself from falling into a VERY awkward moment.

Before chowing down again, he asked "So... Gingey... what brings you to these parts, anyhow? I know you said your creator is gone, but why this tribeland?"

Keeping his head turned to hear a response, he leaned in and munched away on the bushes' leaves, his eyes glued to the cookie beast.

Gingey
Chuckling, Gingey went back to his delicate nibbling, trying to be somewhat proper and all. After all, putting on a good impression was always a plus, whether it was a friend or an enemy.

"Hmm? Well... I just traveled, that's all. I didn't really know where to go or what to do... And I don't sleep much, if at all, so traveling seemed like a slightly good idea. So far, it seems to have shown favor to me. I have a new friend, and hopefully, a new home."

Snorting some as a leaf tickled the inside of his nose, the cookie stallion nipped at the evil thing before him, ripping it apart and tossing its remains on the ground, going back to his delicate nibbling.

Daray
"Huh. Well.... that's cool."

Daray tried to act calm and mature, but on the inside, he was overjoyously happy. Gingey had called him a friend! Daray never was blessed with many friends, so making a new one was always a happy occassion for him.

He watched Gingey eat... well, gingerly, and shrugged his shoulders. He didn't know how some horses could eat so slowly or so little, he himself was always ravenous when it came to some good food. Either way, he kept on chowing down and when Gingey wasn't looking, leaned over and gobbled up the shredded leaf Gingey had tossed to the ground.

Gingey
After a few more delicate nibbles here and a some delicate nibbles there, Gingey finally raised his head, chewing what he had in his mouth, and swallowing it. He had barely eaten anything, but he apparently had had his fill, for now anyway.

As he looked over, he saw his new friend practically eating the entire bush, leaves, twigs, the works. With his eyes widening, Gingey carefully stepped towards the ravenous stallion, peering over at the poor bush.

"Uhhh... Do you... Always.. Eat like that..?"

Daray
Daray paused from his munching, his mouth still full of mashed berries and leaves.

"What do you mean?" he asked, or at least tried to ask, his words not understandable with all of the food in his mouth.

He swallowed his food and cleared his throat. "Don't you eat alot? I run so much, I'm always hungry... you must be famished all day and night with the speed you run at!"

Grinning, his tail swished back and forth sporadically, almost like a dog's. "You run reaaaally fast. I bet you run as fast as a lion!"

Gingey
"Ehhh.. Not really. I don't eat much at all. I'm never hungry... Much. I can eat, if I so desire, but I never really do."

Shrugging his cookie shoulders, the stallion just watched as his friend gobbled down more food, sort of cringing. After all, this stallion had already looked at him in a hungry way, and he pretty much knew that if he ever did take a small nibble from him, it wouldn't be long 'till he, himself, was nothing but crumbs left in the grass.

"A lion? What is a lion?"

Daray
Daray noticed Gingey's cringe and decided that he had had his fill of food for the time being. No need to gross a friend out.

"You've never heard of a lion before?" he asked curiously. What kind of Soquili, cookie or not, had never heard of a lion?

"Well... a lion... it's a creature that's smaller than a Soquili... but has claws and REALLY sharp fangs.. and it likes to eat meat. Like.. you and me. Well, meat like me and cookie like you." He corrected himself and then laughed. "So if you ever come across a creature with sharp fangs and claws, my advice would be to you to run away as fast as you can to the closest river or lake. Lions hate swimming, so they'd be least likely to follow you there. Their stamina usually can beat horses, so outrunning them isn't the wisest of ideas..."

Gingey
"Alright... But... If outrunning them is not the best idea, than what can you do? Get eaten? Plus, I don't know very many meat eaters that will eat a cookie. One chunk out of me and they'd probably spit up or something and then run off."

Smiling some as Daray kindly stopped eating, Gingey shook his head some, his frosting mane swaying slightly from side to side, little drops of it flying and landing on Daray's nose, just far away to where he couldn't reach them.

Daray
"True enough", Daray replied, "But do you really want to risk the chance anyhow?"

Daray watched his nimble friend throw his mane back, and little specks of icing found their way on his nose. He tried to stick out his tongue and lick them off, but the specks were just too far out of reach. That, and they had begun to tickle his nose.

Twitching his nose, he leaned over and rubbed his face in the bushes, hoping to scratch the annoying itch away.

Coming back up, he turned to his buddy and grinned. "So... what do you want to do now? Want to go find a lion so you can see what one looks like?"

Gingey
Gingey just burst out laughing, his hooves pawing the ground in excitement and aboslute laughter.

"You want to go and find a lion?! Are you crazy?! What if you, or even I, get killed! That's such a whacky idea that only you would think of it!"

The cookie stallion just couldn't stop laughing, his mane swaying from side to side, and his tail lashing slightly, little bits of frosting flying about everywhere.

Daray
Daray pawed the earth, frustrated and a bit embarrassed. It wasn't that crazy of an idea.... was it?

"What are you... a foal?" he teased Gingey, raising his head up proudly. "Too baby enough to go find a little 'ol lion? We're twice the size of one lion; if it tried to attack us we could just stomp it out! I'm sure they wouldn't mess with us!"

Gingey
"Yea.. But still.. Lions, from what I understand, are meat eaters. So, naturally, they have claws and teeth.. And generally, those types of things are sharp, for they catch and tear their prey apart with them. I may be nothing more than crumbs stuck together, but I would prefer to stay in one piece... Even if I am being a baby about it."

Shaking his head some, Gingey cocked his head to the side, wondering what crazy thing Daray would say next.

Daray
"Oh well," Daray sighed, knowing he'd been defeated. He was feeling energetic after the berry eating and he wanted to use that energy.

"What do you want to do?"

Gingey
"Hmm.. I don't know. Do you have anything in mind that you'd like to do? Like.. Maybe you'd like to race or just simply sit here an eat? Either way, I'm up for almost anything right now... Except lions, of course."

Daray
"Foal," Daray muttered under his breath, and then grinned at Gingey.

He took a few seconds to think of some ideas, but nothing was really coming to mind. They could always go jump in the river and splash about... no, Gingey would no doubt dissolve in water. That definitely wouldn't be a pretty sight to see. They could always race, but Daray knew the fast cookie would always be able to beat him, real Soquili or not.

"Hey!" He finally said, getting an idea. "Have you found yourself a two-legger yet? Those are great... they'll take care of you and everything! I mean, they'll even FEED you!"

His hoof pawed at the ground as he got excited. Maybe Gingey had a two-legger and Daray could meet him or her... where there were two-leggers, there was bound to be sugar and apples!

Gingey
"I am not a foal... Thank you very much. And a two-legger? What's that? Everything I've seen so far has four legs, except birds and bugs, of course. So, what kind of creature has two legs? Well.. Wait... I lied. My creator had two legs... But he's the only other one I've ever seen with just two. So.. Could you be.. Refering to a human?"

Gingey looked around some, a quizzical look on his face. Could Daray have meant find another human to be his master? If so, he wasn't sure he'd want to... After all, his last one was gone... And he didn't want to go through the pain of losing another good friend. Still though.. He was alone, and having someone to take care of him and a home to go to did sound nice.

"Hmmmm...."

Daray
"You need to have a caretaker, don't you think? I mean... where are you going to go when it rains? Share a cave with a bear?"

Daray laughed at his own comment and then began to circle Gingey. "Nooo... you need one of 'em two-leggers to stay with. Mine lets me come and go as I pleases and is always happy to see me. Now that, my friend, is a good feeling... to be wanted." He flicked his tail and glanced up at the sky, looking at the weather. "And not only that, but I have a comfy blanket and all the apples I could eat! Won't you let me help you explore around and find you a human to call your own? There's going to be less free space available soon for all the empty caves since breeding season is about to arrive again, so your best bet for shelter would be a teepee to call home."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:46 pm
User Image

Marina
Marina flumped down on the ground dejectedly. How could she have done that? Why did she yell at Kale? He had done nothing wrong...Maybe she should go find him? Marina was much to flustered to even move. She blindly kept running and had no idea where she was. Could she find the forest that her two-legger friend and her lived in?

Sighing, Marina scanned the terrain. She was in a simple field, the sky was clear and it seemed that it was a tranquil day. But it definatly wasn't. She had ran all night, and was now sitting tiredly in the middle of no where. Perhaps another passing Soquili could tell her where she was...?

Daray
Daray trotted along happily, carefree and nothing to do... as usual. He hummed a song which had gotten stuck in his head earlier in the day. He couldn't remember where he had heard the tune before, but he liked it, and kept on trotting to it.

Life had been unusually boring as of late, and he was anxious to find something to do. He didn't feel like eating (for a change!), and it was too cold to go swimming in the lake or river. Aita would be napping, Mauli would be helping Fable, their two-legger, with chores, and Chaser was probably with Micah. So, having nothing else in mind to do (and definitely not interested in helping with chores), he just kept walking, hoping he'd come across something interesting.

As if on cue, his orange eyes came across a blue figure out in the distant field in front of him. Could it be a Soquili? He trotted faster, his eyes gazing at the creature.

Marina
Marina sat slumped, her head bobbing lower and lower with each second. She was being lulled to sleep by a steady thumping of hooves...what? Hooves? Snapping to attention, her ears perked up as she tried to locate the source of the sound. Turning, she spotted an orange and black figure approaching her. What luck! As it came closer, she noted it was another Soquili. Maybe it could tell her where she was? Soon, it was almost upon her, and Marina stood up warily. Wait, what if they were violent? She mulled over the thoughts in her head and finally came to the conclusion that she didn't care. She stood straight and tall, a cool breeze ruffling her mane, waiting to greet the newcomer.

Daray
He grinned. It was a mare, and a beautiful one at that. He already knew his heart was reserved for another... but it never hurt to look. He was always happy to make new friends and acquaintences.

Chuckling, he slowed down his trot as he came closer to the aqua colored mare. "Hello there!" He called out to her, tossing his black and orange mane back. He didn't know if this Soquili was a "good" or "bad" one, but judging from her soft looks, he imagined she was a kind one, unlike the bloodthirsty Nightmares and Kalonas he had come across days before.

She looked regal with her tall and silent stance, and he wondered if she was from around these parts. Still grinning, his pace slowed down to a halt as he stood face to face next to the quiet mare.

Marina
"Hello there yourself..." she said calmly. He seemed friendly enough, but it never hurt to be prepared... Marina took a couple steps closer and sized him up. He was pretty similar to Kale, with their pitch black hides. Although this one had tribal markings on him. "What is your name?" she mused softly, smiling to show a gesture of friendship.

Daray
"Hmm.. straight-forward." He thought to himself. He liked that.

"My name's Daray," he said proudly, his chin lifting up a couple inches as he emphasized the "Ray". The mare's skin and hair reminded him of the sky and clouds... very pretty and serene.

"And who might you be?"

Marina
"Very pleased to meet you, Daray," her smooth voice mused. "I am called Marina..." She bowed her head slightly in acknowledgment. "To what fine honor am I graced the chance to meet you?" Marina asked. She didn't know why, but she liked using 'big phrases' that sounded sophisticated; to her, at least. That was just her crazy way of saying, 'what brings you here?'.

Daray
Puzzled by her elegant words, Daray tilted his head in curiousity.

"You sure don't look like some uptight fancy-pantsed mare to me," he commented, looking her over as his long tail flicked from one side to the other. "So why talk funny like that? Anyhow, it's great to meet you, Marina. I've just been walking around most of the day... winter gets kind of boring, I've come to discover. What about you? Why are you just standing in the field all by yourself? Kind of odd... don't you think?"

Marina
"Sorry...I'll try to talk normally in which that you can comprehend..." she blushed slightly in embaressment. "I don't know...anyways...I see." Blushing more feverently this time, Marina whispered softly, "I got lost..."

Daray
His ears perked up. "Lost?" He asked, curious as to why she should blush. He knew he wasn't very intelligent, so why should she be ashamed of trying to speak big words in front of him? It wasn't her fault he couldn't understand. "Well... where are you looking for? I might be able to help.... for a price."

Grinning, he gave her a wink and pawed at the ground with one hoof.

Marina
Hanging her head down a little, she replied, "I don't really know...its just a forest with a stream running around it...Heheh, there's probably millions of those around here..." By his following statement, Marina jerked back a little. "A price? I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I have nothing of real value that'd you want..." Saddened a little at the thought of not being able to go home, she sighed.

Daray
He tossed his head back and laughed.

"No no, I wasn't referring to any material object. How in the world do you suppose I would have a use for anything? I'm a horse after all." He gave her a second wink and circled around the mare. "What I'm after.... is a friend. You can never have one too many of those. If you promise to be my friend, I'll help you search for your teepee. Granted, it may take a while because there's a dozen or so streams next to forests around here, but we'll find it."

Marina
Blushing again, Marina said, "Of course I will be your friend! I actually don't have too many of those..." She smiled, happy that she had made another friend. Daray seemed very nice too. "Where do you think we should start? She asked, cocking her head to the side.

Daray
He paused and sniffed the air. The closest stream would be a mile and a half from where they stood and they were at least a mile or so from the nearest forest... there were two forests, one big and one small in their area, but lots of little streams near them both.

"Well... let's just start at the nearest and go from there, shall we?" He smiled at his new friend and tilted his head in the stream's direction. "How far away do you think you went from your teepee? And what in the world could make you forget where you were, if you don't mind me asking?"

Marina
"Okay," Marina whinnied happily. "Thank you so much!" Taking a step closer, she nuzzled Daray and ecstaticly pranced around everywhere. Replying to his next set of questions, she answered, "I don't know...it was dark and I was just running anywhere..." To his last question she said, "Uh...well...I guess you could say I sort of had a fight with this other stallion, Kale..." Marina's head drooped down as she thought of him. Why had she yelled at him...?

Daray
Daray blushed as the pretty mare nuzzled him. He wasn't prepared for such affection, and he was glad his cheeks were coal-colored, or else Marina would have noticed him flushing a light pink.

He listened to her answers and shook his head. Didn't she know better than to run around alone at night? There were Kalonas and other meat-eating Soquili that roamed around at night... and she would be a nice dinner for any one of them. He shuddered, thinking about how close Marina could have come to her own demise and not even known it.

He started walking in the direction of the stream and motioned for her to follow him. "A fight, eh? Those are never good.... want to tell me about it as we head towards the first stream? It's going to take a while to get there."

Marina
Marina looked blankly at Daray when he stood stock still for a second, as if question marks were orbiting her head. It seemed that she didn't understand the concept of 'affectionism'.

She hung her head in shame again as Daray disapproved of her actions. She really didn't mean to wander far, but she didn't know where to go so she just kept running, all through the night as well.

Following Daray towards the first stream, she started her story, "Okay...well, I was just taking a walk through the forest that my two-legger friend and I live outside of, and I met Kale...he's a stallion. Just as black as you! But with a white mane..." Marina smiled inside, this was how friends were supposed to be. Friends are open with eachother and can share secrets, they understand eachother. Daray didn't know how much it meant to her that he would listen to her problem.

Daray
He smiled as she walked beside him. There weren't many Soquili that were willing to be around his usual hyper self, but Daray knew that his hyperness had been calming down as of late, more than likely due to his and Aita's relationship. That and Marina probably didn't have a choice, being around him, if she wanted help finding her way back home.

He listened intently to her words. "Oh! Isn't Kale the stallion with the green feathers on his mane? I do believe I've spotted him grazing on occasion, though I've never spoken to him before. He's even darker-skinned than me. Is he your mate?"

Marina

"Yes he is! I've only met him once, and that was right before I got lost..." she said. Replying to his latter question, Marina answered back, a bit startled, "Pardon?" She obviously didn't know what it meant to be a mate.

Daray
"A mate, y'know..." he prodded, unsure if he really should be getting into a conversation like this with another mare, "The Soquili that you want to spend the rest of your life with. One... you'll have foals with?"

Again, he felt the blushing come over his face, but was thankful to the Spirits that no one could notice. He himself wondered if one day he would father foals... what an absurd idea!

Marina
"Oh..." she said. Then, blushing furiously, she exclaimed, shocked, "No! Of course not!" Marina chuckled goofily. Regaining her composure, she said, "Anyways, I met him in the forest and we went for a walk together. I thought we were friends, you see, but aren't friends supposed to be open with each other? And tell about their problems? Well...I guess I kind of snapped because he was always so distant..."

Daray
"Some friends prefer to keep things to themselves, I'd imagine." Daray said thoughtfully, wondering what their conversation had been about, "And others prefer to wait until they feel it is the 'right time' to disclose their personal information to companions. I'm sorry to hear you two got in a fight. At least you two weren't committed mates to one another... that would have made it worse, eh?"

Marina
"I see..." she said, her head drooping. Why wouldn't he tell her what was wrong? Marina had always wondered what had been puzzling him. "Thanks..." Marina said, happy that she was friends with Daray. "Hehe...yeah!" she chuckled nervously. Trying to change the subject, she asked, "So...do you have a mate, Daray?"

Daray
"Me? Mated?" He froze for a moment, then shook it off like nothing had happened and continued walking. "How funny a notion... no, I've no mate to call my own. I don't know if it would even be possible for me to find a mare who'd stand the likes of me."

Looking up to the sky, he let out a sigh, louder than he realized, and turned back at her, a sad smile on his face. "There is one mare... but she's out of my league, so to speak. I don't think it could even be possible, so I don't even attempt to dream about it."

He smiled brighter, thinking of the days ahead. "You know, there's another mating season approaching soon. I wonder who will become the next generation of mothers and fathers. It's amazing... realizing that we've grown old enough to be parents ourselves, isn't it?"

Marina
"Why not? Even though I've met you only a short while ago, you're really kind and a good friend!" Marina smiled. "Why not? I'm sure if you're as nice to me as you are to her, then she'll love you back! If you believe in yourself, and act respectivly, she's sure to reciprocate! Nothing is immpossible!" Marina hopped around, hoping that Daray would be true to his heart and go after her. Then she thought, Do I have anyone in my heart? She pondered it for a bit, and ended up quite muddled. "Yes, generation after generation of new familes begin so quickly..." Then she added, "Mmm...to be honest, the fact of taking care of a family frightens me greatly. So many things could go wrong!"

Daray
He laughed, amused, and tossed his mane back. "If only you knew the mare I was referring to, you might have a different opinion. She's not... the usual kind of mare. Not very pleasant company, unless she wants to eat you."

He grinned at her and listened to what she had to say about new families. "I'm sure there are many potential problems for a family starting out, but wouldn't the pro's outweigh the con's in the end, if it's a family made out of and held together by love?"

He glanced ahead of them and noticed they were nearly upon the stream. Looking around, Daray couldn't spot any teepees in sight, but just because his orange eyes couldn't see them didn't mean they couldn't be there.

"Any of this look familiar to you?"

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:59 pm
User Image

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash