No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "WYH" What's Your Hobby?
Swords anyone? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Swords. Love em? Hate em? Dont give an a** rats?
  I like swords. *glomps swords and bleeds to death*
  Bah! Staves and blunt weapons are more my thing!
  I prefer ranged weaponry. (F*#@ing camper!)
  What the hell are you kids doing with real weapons?!! Are you crazy!? (Parents click here)
  Standard poll whore option. Who invented this thing?
View Results

Wolfattwilight

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:39 am
i collect swords and weapons of many kinds, now i have the sword from blade and i have many daggers and hunting knives, along with whips and soon to have an axe lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:47 am
I have always wanted to learn swordsmanship! I don't know of any place that teaches it though. I like to learn what I call "The Forgotten Arts" which basically is stuff that most teenagers don't care about anymore like swordsmanship, embroidery, quilting, fencing, falconry, knitting etc...  

mistymorning14

3,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Citizen 200

Will The Terrible

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:24 am
All these weapons you're listing is making me drool... almost. I don't (unfortunately) have any weapons (can't even find any in here where I live... sucks much...) My parents wouldn't probably even let me buy... But I'd still buy. Hehe. Sucks that I don't have a weapon and no one to train with (my brother's a... f***ing pacifist and doesn't understand the beauty of swords) I love all kinds of (fantasy/medieval) weapons (that means NO guns... I don't like them... explosions are a different story twisted burning_eyes ) It's a bit messy... This post... I'd kill for a weapon (and if I had a weapon) I've figured I could defend myself a bit with some sort of a weapon (also including improvised weapons) if someone would threaten me (or my cat evil *snaps knuckles*).  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:03 pm
i've liked swords all my life, but my true obsession started around the time kill bill came out. i was in love with those blades.

i wish my school had a fencing team. i like swords but i would prefer to fight with blunt weapons. (less of a mess to deal with.)

my dad has a collection of swords and my sister and i were fighting over who gets the short sword. we decided she'll get the paintings and i'll get the weapons. (he has knives too. xd )

PyroObsession

AShadowsEmbrace

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:54 am
Me and my friends have been swordfighting for the past 8 or so years. We started by carving our own weapons and eventually went to shinie instead, a lot faster, and safer. We have all taken some for of martial training from teakwondo, karate, or ikido. We all live together, and we call or apartment the arsenal(Damn spelling). Our couch alone holds a dozen weapons and only 2 are in plain sight. We make a hobbie of finding to places in our appartment where we can hide new weapons XD We love swords heart  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:46 am
ive always love using compared to everything else, but i dont mind using staffs and wands when it comes to magic but if theyre both put together, then i will use it  

VickyDragoness

6,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Eldako

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:33 pm
Hey all, sounds kind of funny for now-a-days, but I love sword fighting with a passion lol. I have participated in quite a lot of duels throughout my life. In my neighborhood we had formed sort of a sword club. We held duels all the time to test our skills. I have used many different styles/stances and then after doing that I used said knowlege to create sort of my own style.

I actually wrote about my first ever duel if anyone is interested in seeing that said writing PM me. I believe strongly in honor. I can probably say most of my passion for swords has come from my liking of Samurai. I use Hardwood Bokkens to practice and duel around the neighborhood. I recently stopped participating in these duels because of newer people who joined and were sore losers.... One actually, after I defeated him...opened his bag pulled out a paintball gun and opened fire on me... He was soon out like a light... (he got hit over the head by one of the other members).  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:14 pm
HAIL THE SWORD! O-O Oh my god! I adore the blade!!!
My favourite swords must be like.. the katana and the claymore! O-O

lol fun story related to sword luvin' :
In primary school i sword fought with long sticks with someone in my class like every recess xD AND LOL ONCE, GUESS WHAT? well always, we were hurt but ONE TIME MY EYE WAS BLEEDING XD LIKE AAAAAAAAWESOME!  

N K Cake

Conservative Poster

5,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Parkent

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:18 pm
i'm a huge fan of pointy things. been practicing with high quality home-made wooden swords (i'm a carpenter) i recently bought a katana it looks like this one:
http://www.kingofswords.com/Swords/Oriental-Swords/Black-Wood-Dragon-Katana.html

but with a different design on the scabard (my dad was pissed when i brought it home)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:17 pm
User Image
I practice Kenjutsu, though I'm not so awesome at it. I'm mostly self taught, since there isn't a training facility for anything sword-related within 100 miles of where I live. sad
But I love it none-the-less. ^_^
I collect swords (And knives), too. I have four katana, six boot knives, and a huge array of pocket knives and swiss army knives. Soon as I have the cash I'm gonna raid the weaponry store in town, too -- they have some pretty awesome stuff. Shurikens, katana, you name it.
User Image

Dante_Sonata

dark lord toilet scrubber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:13 am
yes swords are nice i dont own any swords but a sword cane i got. im more of knife person. not throwing knifes. plain folding or straight bladed knifes  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:58 pm
=^_^= Promise me, when you see, a white rose you'll think of me...

I heart swords. I've got a set of three swords, but they're only display swords. I wanna get some real swords someday.

I love you so, never let go, I will be your ghost of a rose...

Liara Miyu

IosefKoranison

Friendly Phantom

14,925 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:17 pm
I have no swords crying But I love them. I'd love to learn...Kendo? Kenjutsu? I forget what it's called. And Fencing. Lots of martial arts...but I have flat feet, terrible balance and my left achilles tendon is crap. I can't stand up on my left tip-toes.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:45 pm
I took martial arts, fencing, archery and lots of other crud sooo, yeah, me and my bro are freakin awesome at this kinda thing. My dad even bought us real swords...... No, we dont practice on each other...... a lot.
My twin has always been better at swordsman ship stuff, and Im better at Archery. He uses two swords interweaved in bamboo, and stricks fast and deadly, like a dsance... Its amazing to watch.......

Are you two any good?
Think you can take the princess on?(Thats my fencing nick name, because although im like the best, I worry too much about my nails....)  

Lily127

Zaria the Legend

Greedy Reveler

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:16 pm
I love swords 'cause they are shiny and elegant and i would love to learn using them (or even have one) but sadly not enough money crying  
"WYH" What's Your Hobby?

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff