Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
• Ϯѻɼϯʉɼɛɗ • →ʂlคvɛ ɼp← f u l l Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iiGypsy_Jazz

Dangerous Lover

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:16 am
((ya, sure))  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:04 am
((OOC: Mmkai.))

Silence had reigned for the past several hours, and it was getting to the point where even Curiosity, keyed up as he was, was completely exhausted. Reticence seemed unaffected by the passage of time - he remained silent and aware, staring at the door as though willing the missing girl to come through it.

"You should probably go to bed, Maxy," said Curiosity at last, softly, sounding almost...resigned. "If she isn't back yet, she won't be until tomorrow. And she might go to her...to your room first. Someone should be there."

Whether she would take him up on it or not, he didn't know, but he knew he wouldn't have been able to if he were her. It was hard enough just to wait with three of them there. To separate from the group and try to wait patiently while waiting alone?

He could never do it.

But he thought he would give Maxy the option.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

iiGypsy_Jazz

Dangerous Lover

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:15 pm
User Image
MaXy

y0u wAnT a Pi3cE oF me?

User Image

"No, thanks." Maxy didn't sound anything but casual. She was worried for the girl, but she was good at hiding it.
Reaching over, she ruffled Curiosity's hair, "I think I'll wait just a bit longer. If that's alright..."
she turned back to the door and twisted her fingers in her other hand.

User Image

GeT 0v3r It

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:26 pm
Curiosity nodded his assent, and they remained silent for some time.

After about half an hour, Reticence abruptly rose and left the room, and Curiosity went pale. "I...no. No."

The dark-haired boy had vanished, leaving Maxy and Curiosity alone. Maxy, if she was paying attention, might have heard a faint whisper in the back of her mind.

Reticence, I require you.

Reticence, as Curiosity well knew, was called for only when either another slave had crumpled beneath the strain of an experiment, or else...someone unquestioningly loyal was required for cleanup.

Either way, the chances for Naïveté's return, unharmed, had just gone dramatically down.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

iiGypsy_Jazz

Dangerous Lover

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:16 am
User Image
MaXy

y0u wAnT a Pi3cE oF me?

User Image

Maxy blinked. Yes, she heard it, but How quickly the boy had gone was remarkable. She turned tpo Curiosity a little nervously, "What's going on? Why did he need Reticence?" She didn't seem to get it...what was going on; it didn't want to make logical sense in her head.

User Image

GeT 0v3r It

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:44 pm
Curiosity shut his eyes. "Because Reticence will do anything for him," he replied monotonously.

Seeming to realize that Maxy would require more explanation, he spoke succinctly. "Reticence doesn't remember his family. He's been here for as long as he can remember. He's totally loyal to the master. And he's the strongest of us. When...in an experiment, when something goes wrong..."

He trailed off for a moment, staring at the far wall. Then he spoke again, and his voice was almost a whisper. "Reticence has to take over."

For cleanup. To finish the experiment where the other had left off. Sometimes just to end the pain.

And Reticence had never turned away from it, but it still hurt Curiosity.

"So...something went wrong."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

iiGypsy_Jazz

Dangerous Lover

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:08 pm
User Image
MaXy

y0u wAnT a Pi3cE oF me?

User Image

Maxy gulped, and stood. She closed her eyes for a minute....it was done, she could do nothing, now, and she knew it...but she could have...

"And I don't suppose you would tell me where they are...?" If not she would wander on her own...but maybe if it wasn't too late...maybe.

Maybe she could replace Naivete as the experiment, and the girl could go rest, if she was still...
She didn't want to finish the thought. Naivete was so kind, and gentle.

User Image

GeT 0v3r It

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:09 pm
Curiosity shook his head quietly. "No, Maxy." It was all he said for a few minutes. Then he turned his head to look at her. "Whatever happened, it's too late to fix it. Reticence will take over for whatever is going on. If Naïveté is...if she's...well, he'll bring her back down with him when he comes back."

His voice was tired. Defeated. Sad.

"There's nothing we can do but be here when she comes back."

He used 'when', not 'if' - a sign that maybe there was still hope to be had. Something. Some minor chance that maybe things would still be okay.

A minor chance was better than nothing.

Leaning back against the wall now, he stared at the far side of the room.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

iiGypsy_Jazz

Dangerous Lover

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:00 pm
((compy broken-layout temporarily lost))

Maxy bit her lip but nodded. Henwas right, and she knew it. She didn't want to admit it, but she did know.

She went over and sat next to Curiosity again, and huger him so suddenly it had to be the mood swings.

She cried openly, "I hope she's okay." she sobbed for a good five minutes before going dead silent, and the mood changed again. Curious, now, she asked, "What kind of experiments does he do, exactly?"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:50 pm
((OOC: Aww. Also, you should PM me the name we chose for her, if you remember it - I forgot it, and I want to introduce it soon.))

Curiosity looked confused and surprised when Maxy suddenly hugged him. Tentatively, he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and let her cry on him. He wasn't used to being the stoic supporter - that was Reticence's job. But seeing as the other boy had taken such a fierce dislike to Maxy, Curiosity suspected he would be taking over that role a lot more often in the future.

When her mood changed so abruptly, Curiosity was rendered silent for a good few seconds. Then he simply shrugged. "Pain tolerance, mental and physical. The range of emotion. The range of mental abilities. Sensory experimentation. Pretty much anything you can think of. He tailors them to us so that the one who can teach him the most about a subject is the one who gets that experiment. Usually, anyway." He looked brooding for a second. "There's no way to tell what he'll do with yours until you've actually been in one."

Quietly, he said, "Don't worry about it. The master will get to you soon enough, and until then, you'll get worse the more you think about it."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

iiGypsy_Jazz

Dangerous Lover

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:13 pm
The idea of such amounts of pain made her skin shiver and she blinked when he told her not to think about it, she sighed, "I guess I can't take over her experiments, huh?" she shook her head.

Looking up, Maxy admitted a little sheepishly, "I'm a masochist."
She thought over what he said. Honestly, except for the mental stuff, it sounded like ecstasy to her.

She still hung on Curiosity like he was a Teddy bear, and watched the door, "Now the Reticence has gone to help... How much longer, do you think?"

((Honesty? Compassion? Somethin of the sort, you can pick whatever you like, I really don't mind))  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:04 pm
Curiosity didn't even blink. "No," he replied simply. "That's what the master uses Reticence for." He didn't seem surprised to hear Maxy's confession, but then he rarely did seem surprised. It was sort of odd. Maybe he was just immune to shock.

"Not much," he said simply. "The master will finish the experiment. Then he'll send them both down. It depends on how much longer the experiment will take."

Then he lapsed into silence again, looking morose. He let Maxy continue to cling to him, not seeming to notice or to care if he did. It was something he was pretty used to.

"Soon," he repeated, staring at the door like that would make it true.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

iiGypsy_Jazz

Dangerous Lover

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:50 am
Maxy quieted when he went back to silent, and sighed resting her head on his shoulder. She thought about hugging his head to her heart, but that was weird if the other person probably didn't want it. Did you know that until a man turns 99, there's a stale memory of their mothers beating heart from inside their mothers womb.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:16 pm
Curiosity left his arm around her shoulders, since she didn't seem to notice it there or care. He stared quietly at the door for a little while, then took a breath. "Tell me about something, Maxy," he said. His voice was so low that it was almost a whisper. "Something from back home. I don't want to think about this anymore."

They had been waiting for hours. Reticence had already been gone for at least ninety minutes. Curiosity didn't know how much longer it was going to take, but he was on the edge of breakdown.

Hurry up, Reticence, he thought. Please hurry and bring Naïveté back to us.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games