Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:14 pm
User Image
Lorelai Emma Brookwater
Gryffindor Third Year
13-Halfblood

☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☽ ☾

Lore had gotten to Diagon alley after running from home. Her hand was still misshapen from where the water had burned her skin, and it was extremely painful. When she heard a man bragging about his miracle potion, she was interested. She walked closer as he spoke, listening to his words and watching the movement of his eyes as well as his body language. Something was wrong with him, she thought. He was lying about something, and Lore wasn't sure if it was just that his product didn't work as well as he thought it would, or if it was something else. Regardless, she wouldn't be any good for anything if her hand was still like this. She walked up to the man and held out her hand. This was foolish, all of it, but what else could she do? She couldn't go home, she couldn't afford a bed at any hospital. If she was still at Hogwarts she would have gone to the wing. Her hand was starting to look awful. She put on a convincing face of helplessness and spoke to the strange man with the light hair.

"Sir, I'd be willing to volunteer." Her blue eyes scanned the man's face, trying to figure what it was that bothered her.

☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽

Dry lightning cracks across the skies
Those storm clouds gather in her eyes
Her daddy was a mean old mister
Mama was an angel in the ground
The weather man called for a twister
She prayed blow it down

Theres not enough rain in the world
To wash the sins out of that house
Theres not enough wind in the world
To rip the nails out of the past

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:00 pm
User Image
User Image

The man smiled, handing the girl the vial he held in his, careful not to drop it or let it fall. If it fell, that would be bad for him, mostly because it was a product that Father of his wanted him to sell. Broken vial meant no profit, which would make Father of his very angry. The man didn't need that to happen to him. It was bad news. Very bad.

He watched as the girl took the vial, "Go on, just a sip and your hand will be as good as new!" his voice was loud, insistent. He was eager to show this crowd the miracle of 'Miracle'. He need them to buy the cases he had, then direct them to the place that they were selling them through. What was it called again? Slug and Jiggers Apothecary, he remembered. They were the only ones who The Family had approached to sell the potion. Hopefully, from there, the blood would be widespread throughout the world.

Maybe even in St. Mungo's? He could only hope that the influence of the potion would grow. That the demand would be so grand that The Family wouldn't be able to hand it. That's what they wanted most. They wanted everyone to pay good money for each vial, to want it more and more. When they saw the miraculous properties it had, they'd be begging for more.

The man crossed his arms, waiting for the girl to drink and demonstrate the affects of the potion.

User Image

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:17 pm
User Image
Lorelai Emma Brookwater
Gryffindor Third Year
13-Halfblood

Lorelai took the vial cautiously. She looked at it inquisitively for a moment before unstopping it. She noticed the man sounded urgent, almost pushy, and her eyes darkened. She put the the small vial up to her lip and sipped just a little. A metallic taste splashed onto her tongue and she coughed. It tasted like blood. She couldn't stop it from going down her throat. Lore stopped the vial quickly and looked at the man.
"What the hell is this? It tastes like-" she paused. Her hand was becoming less and less red, the raised skin shrinking back and the bumps disappearing. Her eyes snapped back up at him.
"...Blood."

☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽

She prayed blow it down

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:32 pm
User Image
User Image

This girl was clever, but not nearly as much as this Family member. He snatched the remainder of the vial away before she could drink anymore, "Of course it does! It uses iron as one of its main ingredients," he smiled at the crowd. It was a good smile, a smile that said, 'you can trust me!' His eyes shined with laughter, all part of the act. Practicing this for years, the man had it down to the way he stood. Even his body language seemed enticing.

"But, as you can see," he waved his hand at the girl, "This girl's hand has been completely healed! A true 'Miracle'," he laughed at his joke, members of the crowd laughing as well. Boy he had most of them by the ear.

With a swift movement, he pocketed the used vial and reached for a few more, a vial in between each of his fingers, "Each vial is just a galleon! Hurry and buy now, because I'm limited on stock!" there were galleons being waved in the air as he named the price. People were very interested in this product, and that pleased him. He took galleons and pocketed them, handing the person a vial. ((If you have a character that would like one, you can roleplay having your character but one!))

He kept replacing the vials between his fingers, taking galleons and putting them in his pocket. People smiled at him as they thanked him, and he simply smiled back, nodded, and went to the next person. Soon enough, he was out. He put his hands up, the crowd groaning, "Sorry, I'm all out! But, your local Slug and Jiggers Apothecary sells them for us! Make sure to go there and buy our products as we continue to produce more. Thank you!" he smiled, hopping off the box and waving good-bye.

He turned down an nearby alley and apparated back to headquarters.

User Image

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:42 pm
User Image
Lorelai Emma Brookwater
Gryffindor Third Year
13-Halfblood

The man would be convincing to most people. Lore gave him that. But when she was practically pushed out of the way, had the bottle snatched from her hand, and listened to Mr. Smiles talk... She was sure he was lying about something. It didn't taste like blood, it was blood. Lore had tasted enough blood in her mouth to know that. Whether it was biting her tongue or being beaten on the face, it always tasted the same. The only difference here was that Lore had just drunk it. She felt sick to her stomach. She wanted to tell the people that he wasn't telling them everything, but they wouldn't listen. She sat down on the side of the street and watched, helpless, as people tipped the scarlet "potion" into their mouths. TIme wore on, and her eyes felt drowsy.
The more Lore thought about it, she figured she was probably just tired. Yes, it tasted like blood, but maybe it wasn't. He had said iron was part of it, hadn't he? Besides, there was something off about the taste, it didn't really taste like the red liquid would have. She leaned against the wall and passed out.

☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽

She prayed blow it down

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:01 pm
User Image
Rainey Rosentha

Gryffindor Graduate•30 Years Old•

Rainey had been out in Diagon Alley, trying to get some shopping done before her niece's wedding when she heard a man with a loud enticing voice. Curious, she approached him. Many others followed with her. The man seemed to have some sort of a vial that he was selling. He listened to his words and thought of her niece. 'Aravis is a healer now, right? Maybe this could be of use to her,' she thought.

The woman watched as a girl volunteered to go up. Rainey caught a glimpse of her hand and noticed how burnt it was. She felt anger well up within her at the thought that her parents could let her go around with her hand like that. Pushing that aside, she watched as the girl drank from the vial. Her hand was cured, but she said the potion tasted like blood.

Out of curiosity, Rainey fished a galleon out of her purse and handed it to the man, receiving the Miracle in exchange. She was eager to see what Aravis thought. Maybe Halice would even find it interesting.  

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:30 pm
We're going at it tonight, tonight
There's a party on the rooftop top of the world
Tonight, tonight and we're dancing on the edge of the Hollywood sign
I don't know if I'll make it but watch how good I'll fake it
It's all right, all right, tonight, tonight

𝕰lizabeth𝕭urke User Image
Third Year, Gryffindor
Parselmouth

Vibrant, bright red cascaded her vision, a whirl of hair had shrouded her as her own shoulder collided, with what, she could only assume was a wall of hair. Cersei had skidded ever so slightly, distraught by the mess of bags everywhere, before finally settling her lilac eyes upon the young woman, maybe fresh out of Hogwarts. ”Oh--! I’m sorry, here let me help you,” the young Gryffindor began, adjusting her sunglasses out of her vision to retrieve a few bags, scurrying the contents back within and rising to meet her with a smile. ”I’m sorry, I never really pay attention to where I’m going,” she had confessed, but all train of thoughts ceased when a man had commanded total attention of the bustling street. ”Oh, excuse me…”

Cersei was sure to make sure Ryn was fine before fully diving into the details of the vendor, and what looked like a potion. By the time she neared the center of the crowd, it seemed most had already began to fled, and she heard him cry those words, ‘sold out.’ But off to the side there, she saw the girl, the one whom she had barely caught a glimpse of through the shoulders of witches and wizards on the street, the one with the now freshly healed hand and bitter iron tongue. ”Lore, is that you?” Cersei recognized the girl, she was a Gryffindor, too, but—she.. she seemed…

”Lore… are you, sleeping? What are you doing, mate? Wake up..”

My voice
---Half Witch-Half Veela
------ Diagon Alley
---------- Concerned, with Lorelai
-------------- ♪ ♫ ♪

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:22 pm
User Image
Lorelai Emma Brookwater
Gryffindor Third Year
13-Halfblood

Lorelai was eight years old in the dream. The doctor had just left, unable to diagnose Hestia's condition. Hestia Brookwater was buried in her pillows and blankets, her face made of white wax and scarlet drops of blood dripping from her open mouth. Her eyes were dilated. The only thing Lore had remembered the doctor saying that day was that it wasn't tuberculosis. When he was finally gone, Lore's drunken father had cried. He sat on Hestia's bed, whispering that he was sorry. Why was he sorry? He hadn't done anything, not yet. As the day went on, he became resentful. Lore, short and wide eyed, had tried to talk to him. She needed someone to tell her what was going on. Daemon had left the month before, and Thomas was too upset to say anything. She shook her Fathers arm, crying because she was lost. In that moment, he snapped. He didn't smoke often, by that day he must have smoked twelve and drunken three bottles of alcohol. He wanted her to shut up, to leave him alone. Before either knew what had happened, Lore had a small charred spot of skin on her arm. He had pressed his cigarette into her outstretched limb. She started to cry harder and she fell asleep wih tears in her eyes that night. In the morning, Daemon had come back to visit. He tried to wake her up. "Wake up Lore, it's me."
Wake up Lore. Wake up!

Lorelai shot up. Her blue eyes were leaking again, and by some strange instinct she tried to find the same scar on her arm. It wasn't tere anymore, the potion had healed it. She couldn't see it, but she would always feel the ghost of it there. She looked up after a second to realize it was not her brother that had woken her but Elizabeth Burke. She blinked back her tears in a flash, her face masked to show nothing but surprise. The poison still lurked behind her features.

"I'm okay I guess, thanks. I'm just tired," she lied easier than the serpent could. She stood up, rolling her sleeve down again.
The necklace her brother had given her felt heavy on her neck. She smiled, a arduous task that looked almost effortless. Almost.
"How has your summer been?"

☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽

She prayed blow it down

Kai Sparrowheart

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:40 pm

Third Year, Gryffindor
Parselmouth

Vivacious lilac eyes blinked, passionate wondrous curiosity had stolen her, gullible as she was. She nodded loyally only once Lorelai had awoken. She was fine, she claimed, and Cersei didn’t have any other reason to think differently. She wasn’t even sure how long she had stood by her fellow Gryffindor’s side, she never noticed that time had passed until she glanced around and the crowd that had roared over that delightful potion had vanished—and nothing was left of it behind but her. ”Sure, think nothin’ of it, mate…

“Hrm, boring, to be true… Just shopping to pass the time, an’ you? I saw you talk to that man earlier about a potion, what happened?”
Cersei couldn’t ignore the gnawing wonder in the back of her mind, especially one so persistent as this.

My voice
---Half Witch-Half Veela
------ Diagon Alley
-------------- ♪ ♫ ♪

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:10 pm
User Image
Lorelai Emma Brookwater
Gryffindor Third Year
13-Halfblood

Lore listened to the girl speak. The other Gryffindor girl was dressed very excitingly, and she looked like an embodiment of summer. Lorelai's old long sleeved shirt and faded denim made her aware of herself. She nodded about the girl's summer. Hers hasn't been to great either.
When the girl mentioned the potion again though, Lore froze. Her mask melted away, and before Lore could re-wear it, it was gone. Her eyes were darkened, lips tight. Even if the potion wasn't blood, it still wasn't something to trust. Nothing could be that good and still be true. Especially if it came from a salesman.

"Well I burned my hand when I was making dinner." Creator truth telling.
"And I had come here because I was bored. The man started bragging about how is potion could cure every malady known to man," she stopped. After a breath, she went on reluctantly. "He asked if there were any volunteers. I knew I couldn't do anything about my hand otherwise, so I volunteered to try the potion. It fixed my hand- and a couple other things... Anyway. It tasted almost exactly like blood, but when I tried to tell him that he said it was just the iron in the potion. When I looked down, my hand was healed. Then he tarted selling the stuff. It may sound good, but there was something in the man's eyes..." She remembered.
"I just don't think people should trust him, or the potion."

☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽

((Sorry about the lack of bolded quotes, I've been on mobile))

She prayed blow it down

Kai Sparrowheart

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:23 pm

Third Year, Gryffindor
Parselmouth

”Oo--?” Cersei blinked, all at once, she saw it fall—the iron mask, the golden smile, and the diamonds in her eyes. It all fell, shattered to the ground like broken glass, too damaged to ever be repaired again. She almost didn’t know what to say at first, so she was silent, waiting hesitantly as Lorelai spoke—Cersei almost couldn’t help but look over her shoulders, too, almost as if they were being watched. ”Blood?” She finally spoke, breaking the silence that wavered between the two for a long duration. She shook her head, amber hair spraying gently in the wind, though mostly contained beneath her aviator sunglasses.

”That’s…. I don’t know… blood’s sort of a common ingredient in potions.. isn’t it?” Hell, truth be told, she had skipped most of all of her classes during the year—she hadn’t a slightest clue if she was making sense or not. ”If you don’t trust it, you should tell someone… but… I wouldn’t know who…” It wasn’t like her mother was a witch, and she hadn’t had any contact with her father in years. Perhaps one of Lore’s parents would be best? But then—she would have gone to them on her own in the first place, wouldn’t she? ”But—it did heal you, didn’t it? Maybe it’s not so bad? Do you feel… different? Or bad?”

[[[[[[[it’s okay, I might be getting off in a little bit here to shower.]]]]]]]
My voice
---Half Witch-Half Veela
------ Diagon Alley
-------------- ♪ ♫ ♪

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:17 pm
User Image
Lorelai Emma Brookwater
Gryffindor Third Year
13-Halfblood

Lore nodded. She agreed with the girl that blood was somewhat of a common ingredient. It was, but not usually like that. Some of her doubts of it being blood had started to fall away. If there was animal blood or the likee in the potion, he could have said that without too much speculation. Instead, however, he had snatched away the bottle and given a quick excuse. Iron was in it, he said. Maybe that was true. Maybe it wasn't blood, but it cured everything. No random stranger on the street could claim something lie that without it being strange. He was a salesman, for crying out loud.

"True, it did. I don't feel sick or anything. It's just that there was something in his eyes, you know? And it was all so random, some man showing up and claiming to have a potion to save the world of its health problems. I don't know, maybe I'm just crazy."
She was defeated. Who would believe her anyway? She was practically a peasant, if people still used that word. Know one would even consider what a poor girl on a street would say.

☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽

((Sorry about the lack of bolded quotes, I've been on mobile))

She prayed blow it down

Kai Sparrowheart

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Shina Kiremono~Fourth Year~Ravenclaw Seeker

User Image

Absorbed in her book, Shina didn't notice the other witch until they collided. Her own bag, full of books that had thankfully been charmed featherlight, also dropped. The books escaped their bag, mixing with the other witch's items. "Oh, excuse me!" Shina exclaimed. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going! Oh, I think that book is mine!" Shina said, reaching for Beginner's Guide to Understanding Animagi, which was about to be swept into the other lady's bag.

"The books on Animagi are mine, unless you just bought a few as well. I'm afraid I was so eager to read them that I couldn't help but try to read as I walked. I hope none of your things were damaged?" Shina asked, looking adorably concerned.

User Image
((OOC: ... ))

Shina Wearing | Mother Wearing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:47 pm
User Image
User Image

It felt strange to be wandering these streets again. She had been away for many years but still the place felt the same. That mystery and wonder never left this place no matter if it was your first time visiting or hundredth trip that day. People darted about this place making it almost busier then London proper but the woman was almost certain this place would explode if that many people were here. Young students caught her eye but Isis said nothing as they moved about a small smile on her face. Summer break was in swing now and that meant adventure, fun and for some a bit of romance. One delicate hand came up to brush flowing blond hair out of her face the smile not leaving it. She silently wished them all a good time as she moved down letting her eyes and mind wander. The blond's hips moved lightly as she walked, the tiniest bounce in her step giving away the joy she felt at being home. Traveling was nice but nothing beat home even if she had been trying to promise that she wouldn't be back...ever.

For the last few years Isis had been all over the world learning. Once again she was a student learning other wizarding communities ways of healing. She enjoyed expanding her knowledge and it had been wonderful. America, China, South America, Australia, Egypt....oh the list went on! The people she met, the places she'd seen it had all be wondrous....but something was missing. As much as the Healer wanted to deny it she missed Icarus. The feel of his presence next to her, the look in his eyes when he was being playful...the jerk. Isis never understood what happened between them and maybe neither did he but still she couldn't help but be a bit miffed at him. Had he thought about her like she had him despite her best efforts not too? Did he miss seeing her everyday like she had? A sigh left the tall blond sounding more annoyed then sad. She had tried to forget him and nothing short of magically removing his memory would do apparently. Damn that man.

Still she couldn't help but think fondly over their times together. The late quiet nights in the Hospital Wing when he joined her for dinner. Moonlight flights around the Quidditch pitch...he was such a charmer. He had her hook, line and sinker all these years later. How had he done that? Man she sounded like such a romance novel now! Too much time around the French maybe. Isis paused her green eyes lighting upon a flower vendor. Coming close she couldn't help but pause and lean in holding some strands back form her face as she smelt the roses. Memories of her first date with Icarus came to mind. So long ago in the gardens at Hogwarts. There had been many flowers in bloom but she had remembered the roses and lilies the most. For a moment she toyed with buying some but didn't know what she would do with them. Her apartment could use some color but she didn't want to go home right now. Maybe on the way home she would get some. A smile back on her face Isis couldn't help but be glad she was home. After all there really was no other place like it.

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Hearts gather: Miko, no one in particular
The truest things: Just cloud my thoughts dear Icarus
Guarding my beliefs: 10", Willow, with a Unicorn Hair Core. Springy, very good for healing
Guiding my hand: Wow been so long since I've posted her XD

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:28 pm
User Image

•†• I c a r u sx ( ★ ) x S k y l a r •†•
"The truest characters of ignorance are vanity, and pride and arrogance”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†

He had been terrified. Attacked in a place that should have been boarded up and empty. There should have been no one in that place. Nothing alive should have been in there. He was still in shock that anything - or anyone - had attacked him while he was there. It had been so quiet. The air was so still. Icarus couldn't forget the feeling of that air in his lungs.

Pulling himself from his thoughts, he began to descend when he saw Gringotts underneath him. The air was cold where he was flying. As he approached the ground, his trench coat billowing in the wind under him, Icarus was afraid. He landed on the streets of Diagon Alley with a slight run. As he slowed, he dismounted. Icarus realized that he was not just terrified, he was angered.

Based on the letters he had taken from the Isolde's manor, Icarus smelled foul play. A location was provided on those letters. The location of this Family. But he couldn't just go in unarmored, without potions or tricks up his sleeve. He was a Death Eater once, but he hadn't battled any one or anything in years. He was unprepared and needed to get some supplies. He was not rushing into their hideout without something. Anything.

He walked, briskly down the street, looking at each of the shops he passed. Perhaps Weasley's? They might have some things to surprise, to say the least. He looked around for Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. He passed a flower vendor and stopped.

The memories that came to him stung, remembering his time with Isis. The time in the garden came up the most prominently. That had been their first kiss. The real time that Icarus ever committed to someone else before. The flirt who had finally been grounded by a force called love. It had hit him like a tidal wave. The roses in the stand reminded him of her, and he had to force himself to look away.

Then his eyes fell on her, standing there. Like a dream. "...Isis?" he whispered, gripping his broom tightly in his hand.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†•†

User ImagexxxxUser ImagexxxxUser Image

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games