Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
I'm bored, so let's talk about anything! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emberxylic Len

Ice-Cold Combatant

18,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:25 pm
Rin Kairiu
Wat are you guys studying in college? Going for the BA/BS?
well once I graduate, I'm just going after a diploma on visal & game programming. I'm thinking about going for a BS too but I'll just see later.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:54 pm
Hi everyone!
Serenitys Breath here.
Changed my username.

Ms Jezebel Spirit

Feral Bibliophile

13,750 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Althea the Noble Seraph

Noble Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:22 pm
Ms Jezebel Spirit
Hi everyone!
Serenitys Breath here.
Changed my username.
Hiya there! Didn't recognize ya XD  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:42 pm
Emberxylic Len
Rin Kairiu
Wat are you guys studying in college? Going for the BA/BS?
well once I graduate, I'm just going after a diploma on visal & game programming. I'm thinking about going for a BS too but I'll just see later.

I see, I see. I wish you luck on that. ^_^

Darkerdemons
Rin Kairiu

Ooooh cool cool!

I'm a graduate student in the Marriage Family and Child counseling program. I think it's... Masters or... Science? Yeah a MS.

My BA was in Psychology... love that field!

BSc in Kinesiology for me. Was angling for a MA in Kinesiology with special interest in sport psychology. Didn't find any supervisors that I was interested in for the thesis based course (staying in Canada though; if I looked in the USA I might have found something). xp

I loved psychology though. heart

Ooooh, I has a friend that was interested in Kinesiology, but then he decided to go into film. My younger brother, though, wants to be a gym trainer- help people with proper exercises, weights, etc.

I never took a class on sport psych in particular, how was it?

Althea Dawn
Rin Kairiu
That's cool! I want to go for a Master's...but I both love and hate research. OTL

Not every masters program involves research, actually. Like my MFCC program barely has any at all. (I'm actually fond of research, myself, but depending on what kind it can be rather tedious, lol)

Maybe talk to a prof in your preferred masters program and ask how much research is involved?

Auriga La Shock
Rin Kairiu

I'm probably not going to do a thesis. I my program we have the option to do the thesis, a project, or test out and just take an extra elective class.

Wow =O That's fairly lenient of them. What are you going to choose?

I am probably going to test out. I want to get into a PhD after this, so I would rather do a Dissertation only instead of both a Thesis and a Dissertation... especially when they are pretty much the same thing, but you would have to pick different topics for them if you did do both.  

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Althea the Noble Seraph

Noble Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:46 pm
Rin Kairiu
Oh dear, those mass responses. XD What're you up to?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:50 pm
Althea Dawn
Rin Kairiu

Lol, I prefer to answer as many in one post as I can, that way I'm not spamming the thread with multiple posts.

I just got home from class, actually. Well, not just got home... recently got home. So, I'm catching up with messages and posts on various sites I visit.

What are you up to?  

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Althea the Noble Seraph

Noble Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:52 pm
Rin Kairiu
Althea Dawn
Rin Kairiu

Lol, I prefer to answer as many in one post as I can, that way I'm not spamming the thread with multiple posts.

I just got home from class, actually. Well, not just got home... recently got home. So, I'm catching up with messages and posts on various sites I visit.

What are you up to?
Yeah I prefer to do that too...when I remember too XD. I'm just doing some prize buying for the Halloween event~ So far I've been able to get a good deal on relatively everything so I'm really happy!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:05 pm
Althea Dawn
Rin Kairiu
Althea Dawn
Rin Kairiu

What are you up to?
Yeah I prefer to do that too...when I remember too XD. I'm just doing some prize buying for the Halloween event~ So far I've been able to get a good deal on relatively everything so I'm really happy!

t's awesome! Thanks to being a Duremite at heart, I don't even need to change my avi, lol. I probably still will, but... mayyybeee...

What sort of games and events? Or is that classified info for the time being?  

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Althea the Noble Seraph

Noble Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:07 pm
Rin Kairiu
Haha, we're still working on it so you'll have to wait for the time being. wink In the mean time, I REALLY WANT TO OPEN THESE GATES. *shakes torii gate furiously*  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:37 pm
Rin Kairiu

I am probably going to test out. I want to get into a PhD after this, so I would rather do a Dissertation only instead of both a Thesis and a Dissertation... especially when they are pretty much the same thing, but you would have to pick different topics for them if you did do both.

That's so interesting =O My university (and others I know of) allow it to be the same topic, which makes the thesis usually a draft for those who will be doing a dissertation for their PhD. What career are you aiming for that requires a PhD =O  

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

81,050 Points
  • Graveyard of Achievements 500
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:34 pm
Auriga La Shock
Rin Kairiu

That's so interesting =O My university (and others I know of) allow it to be the same topic, which makes the thesis usually a draft for those who will be doing a dissertation for their PhD. What career are you aiming for that requires a PhD =O

That is so lucky. I'd do a Thesis if that were the case for me.

My career doesn't require a PhD, but I want it to have more options, and I feel it'll aid in being taken more seriously... plus the extra pay doesn't hurt.

The PhD I want is in Clinical Psychology, so while the focus won't be on Marriage and Family Therapy, it will help a lot with working with those that have to stay in a clinic, plus there's a research component to it (and I have a love of Forensic Psychology, which is also a component of it, lol).

Althea Dawn
Rin Kairiu
Haha, we're still working on it so you'll have to wait for the time being. wink In the mean time, I REALLY WANT TO OPEN THESE GATES. *shakes torii gate furiously*

Torii gate?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:35 pm
Rin Kairiu
Oh the ci's from the current kickstarter that ends in about 90 minutes  

Althea the Noble Seraph

Noble Friend

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:40 pm
Althea Dawn
Rin Kairiu

Ahhhhh, I gotcha  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:44 pm
Rin Kairiu
Althea Dawn
Rin Kairiu

Ahhhhh, I gotcha
Almost done shopping for prizes! Well...until people win them all and I have to go buy more OTL  

Althea the Noble Seraph

Noble Friend

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:48 pm
Althea Dawn
Rin Kairiu
Althea Dawn
Rin Kairiu

Ahhhhh, I gotcha
Almost done shopping for prizes! Well...until people win them all and I have to go buy more OTL

Bwahaha and there shall be much joy among the people!  
☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games