Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:44 pm
————Zelaya————

With a nod to her father, the young woman...stepped forth. Not being in robes, it took...maybe three steps for her to begin suddenly feeling very nervous, and rather...sore-thumb-ish. Still, duty was duty. And she could always retreat afterwards. With her hands still clasped tight over her lap, she found a spot at the very, very end of one side of the line that had formed near the bronze and the blue for inspection. "Pardon me," She murmured, flicking a glance at the bronze and then down at her feet, intentionally ignoring the rest of the candidates, as well as the gathered crowd. She wasn't here to participate, after all, but not stepping up would have been very, very rude. Once the males had passed, she could retreat, right?
Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:47 pm
Raelin (HR)

At last, she cracked a small smirk. "Raelin's fine. I'm not going to assume anything." She made a small mocking bow to him as well. "What would you do if you became a gold rider?"

Dizzy_Kat
quick post bc i gotta go to work for a bit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:48 pm
Martirae

Marty considered it for a moment - a bronze certainly wasn't for her and the blue didn't seem to want a young woman - before she shrugged. "I see no reason to not line up," she admitted, nudging Iathe again and passing a look over to Roana before she made her way across the sands to also join the line, shoulders tall and confident.

Not that her confidence had meant anything yet, and to these two would mean nothing. But it meant something to her. It kept her from having the sour look many of those getting too close to aging out had - perhaps without even knowing they did.

Besides, maybe the picky green would also go over the forming line to see if anybody suited her. Or she'd simply hate all of them. Hmm.

Sinders Path

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:49 pm
Aly'on

"No, at the moment it is just myself and Shyn'ar, my younger siblings are all Candidates...mostly," he murmured for he still was not sure what Naolin had gotten up to. He hoped his younger brother was safe. "There is seven of us all together... Sibling wise." Aly'on did have a niece and a few cousins.

Dizzy_Kat
P'rell

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:49 pm
[ soui ]

Any lesser person who hadn't grown up the youngest of five would have been shocked and baffled, likely put off by the kid's words, but Soui? Soui just....laughed in his face. Not a full on belly-laugh of course, as she didn't find it that amusing, but his outburst certainly had her entertained. His sudden standing up and departure was just as amusing, and the healer let out an amused sigh at his retreating figure. She shrugged her shoulders, determined to keep an eye on him and his health over the course of the hatching. Only a few dragonets had emerged from what she assumed was a decent sized clutch, and thus the day was early yet.

Maybe, if she asked nicely, she'd be allowed to wander closer to the sands to see the dragonets first hand. It was different watching them from atop Yudueth, safe from danger. It's not like she wanted to be close enough to smell them or feel the heat from their fresh birth, she just watched to actually see how tiny she was against a beast that would soon dwarf the mountains near them. This was her first hatching after all, shouldn't she be allowed to enjoy it?

Revel1984

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:58 pm
Zarike

"Probably think a LOT of things through first. Theeeeennn..." Zarike thought about it for a moment. Impressing for him means joining a wing and fighting Thread. It had been a time since he'd considered anything else with a dragon. Before thread...well the idea had been the same really. He'd wanted to help people. To be a hero of his own epic one day, even if it was only told among small cotholds in the hills at least he'd have left his mark. Being the first boy to Impress a gold would certainly do that in an instant, but what would he do with that fame.
He got serious as he thought about it further. "You know. You'd be known planet wide for being the first. You wouldn't just be a bronze rider among bronze riders. If I impressed a gold I wouldn't want to be just another High Reaches Weyrwoman...weyrman? I'd want to do something useful with that. If this tradition wasn't as set in stone as we all think it is, what else has been taken for granted as 'the way things are' that could be improved?"

medigel
Raelin (HR)
no worries! See ya later!

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:58 pm

Woooah. Woooaaahh. Hold up. Where was everybody going? Didn't they know that the hotness was over here?

Hey now. Did I say you could walk away from me? Well, shaff.

That wasn't okay. Not cool, bro. Not cool. However... seeing them lined up like that, so conveniently... well, it made it easy to spot his!

LUICIAAAAND HEY! HEY LUICIAND! Get out of that line and give me some sugar! The name's Aryath and I am ready to rock your world.

User Image
faesinger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:06 pm
Erastan: Impression post

Erastan found a small half smile when his sister stepped back, she seemed to be willing to give him some leeway and admittance that he could protect her to, She didn't need to be his shield.

He followed her gaze back to the crowd and the dragon hatchlings moving among them, being softer hearted than his sister he felt for the blue, it must be terrifying to have to face the world alone. So many siblings but none that really seemed to care. Even his mother had scared him off. Almost unwittingly he sent a warm thought of encouragement towards the Blue.

That was when it happened, the terrified white eyes turned on him, the plaintive call struck his mind, so hesitant yet powerful at the same time. Because it was the first time someone had spoken into his mind.

Erastan! Please! I know you're there, I know you're sheltering your sister, but ... please. Your Aspalath needs such protection now. I ... I don't know if you want me but... I surely need you. If you... If you accept me, I ... will be here. Please...

It was amazing! He turned to his sister his whole body trembling with shock and delight. He wanted to share this moment with her, like he had shared every moment since conception. But she was pulling away from him turning her back. "Etansi..." Erastan called to his sister, trying to catch her hand again. He wanted to take her with him so she could share his joy, but Aspalath hadn't called to her.

They both knew it as well, in that moment things changed.

"Erastan, Please. I know I am flawed but...." The poor trembling blue didn't even finish and Erastan knew if he didn't go to him he would between.

"He needs me." he told his sister simply and turned away to start through the crowd. "I'm coming Aspalath." He called out both in his mind and aloud to be sure the blue heard him. It seemed to work. Aspalath lifted his head and took a hesitant step forward.

The dragon hatchlings might not have done much damage but Erastan did to anyone that didn't move fast enough. He growled soft warnings then thumped or kicked as needed to make milling candidates shift.

At last Erastan broke through the crowd to his blue. Sunk to the ground and held out his arms. Aspalath started towards him but then hesitated. "Is it okay, am I good enough?"

Erastan just nodded, "You need me, you're mine now." That was all that was needed Aspalath raced the rest of the way into his new life partners waiting arms and Erastan embraced him. It was a strange feeling hugging a dragon but his skinny frame and Aspalath's slim shape did match.

"We should go, feed you." Erastan commented recalling his candidate lessons.

"I can wait for everyone else to eat first." Aspalath responded nervously peering at the feeding station that was already occupied.

"There will be more pairs there later, best to go now." Erastan reasoned, reluctantly the blue parted from the skinny teen.
Then the pair made their way over to the feeding station. As they walked, Erastan looked back at his sister.

Hattaki

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:09 pm
P'rell

P'rell looked up at Aly'on in surprise. "Is that common for it to run in families like that?" He thought of his half-siblings. His sister wasn't related to him by blood but the youngest two were supposedly of his father's get. His older brother hadn't been allowed to be presented for Search being the heir but if it were possible he wondered if the others might if his father hadn't already arranged marriages for them.

Shaddaling
Aly'on

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:15 pm
Aly'on

"We thought it might have been," Aly'on mused, remembering his excitement at being searched and meeting Ihiaannsith and it had been just snap boom, congrats. "Our mother died ... three turns after I impressed? She never married and Naolin was only 15 at the time and the closest family not Shyn'ar or myself would have been in western ... so we managed to bring them up to highreaches. Basically they ended up as weyrbrats."

Dizzy_Kat
P'rell

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:24 pm
Luiciand had been mostly coasting through this hatching watching but not engaging. Certain things had caught his attention but were quickly dismissed. After all, the dragons knew what the dragons wanted. His little actions would not persuade or deter them. So he simply waited, confident in the knowledge that his would find him when the time came.

Still, he indulged the bronze and lined up. He still had a little bit of a hope that he would impress a bronze, but, hey, that brown was rather stellar and even that green was interesting.

LUICIAAAAND HEY! HEY LUICIAND! Get out of that line and give me some sugar! The name's Aryath and I am ready to rock your world.

It didn’t take more than a second for Luiciand to process what had happened. All of his attention shifted to focus on the most amazing sight. Rainbow eyes. He let out a laugh. “Are you now?” he asked as he stepped out of the haphazard line and over to the, his, brown. He gave Aryath an affectionate rub.

Of course. Confidence oozed from the statement. It is simply our duty to… A rumble interrupted his thought process just enough to shift it. But first, fuel. We must be well fed.

That we must. Together they walked towards the feeding tables. L'iand wearing a sweat soaked robe and a cocky grin. Life was great.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:28 pm
The Purple Swirly Egg finally gave one loud CRACK and the entire thing fell apart in two, vertical halves. A chunky golden dragon tumbled out, giving a startled creel in surprise. Unlike Lishanth, there was certainly no doubting that this dragon was indeed a baby queen!

With brightly whirling blue eyes, the queen peeked up at the crowd. Were all these people here....for her? She immediately turned to hide her head under her wing, a sudden momentary bashfulness overwhelming her.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:37 pm
Martirae

Another egg finally cracked open - and a real gold spilled onto the sands, bashful as could be. Knowingly, Marty glanced towards Iathe, then back to the frankly, bashful little thing with a shake of her head.

In a single instant you have become the most important thing on these sands in the eyes of some. No need to be bashful - head high! Marty held her own head high as she passed on the advice, squaring her shoulders. Now, who would get her? High Reaches? Or would Western get their own Hatchling gold to follow up on the one that High Reaches had the turn before?

She looked towards the other girls who were assembled. Desire would surely bubble up within all of them. Oh yes, there would be no shortage of hearts calling out for the little gold.

And how would her sister, the green still prowling, feel about that?

xxTsunake

----

Kinyegele

And she was so alone - yet a gasp went through the group and just as quickly confirmation - despite the bronze who was truly not one earlier...there was now for reals and always a gold on the sands.

Kinye quickly moved to join the line, though now separated from Ionan who had gone earlier, to try and get a peek at her. Oh! Oh!! Her first time standing and there was a gold! Though.... she passed a look back at the green who had hatched long before this queen - she was definitely more of a green girl herself.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:51 pm
Adar

Oh! A little Gold! Adar had guessed that egg would be either a big brown or one of the metallics. Sure, it could maybe have been twins, but not every Queen was prone to throwing twins as some. And bashful, too? Too cute. It'd be okay! Boy, hopefully the Bronze and Blue found theirs soon. The Bronze especially seemed worried perhaps? Scared? His was here, surely!

Haizea

Haizea had been watching that bundle of personality Brown impress and glancing after the picky Green when the sound and motion of the chunky Gold tumbling onto the sands drew her gaze. Her brows arched in surprise. Oh! Well then! The bashful face tuck the hatchling gave made the girl drop her gaze. Don't worry. Take the time needed. The motion of stirring eggs and wandering hatchlings drew her attention. The little Queen will sort herself out.  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:53 pm
P'rell

"Oh wow! Is your dad the one in Western?" Maybe his brother and his brothers friend weren't quite the star crossed romance P'rell had imagined if they had familial ties to the other weyr. They might have already known each other.

Shaddaling
Aly'on

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games