Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply The Vault
How the Jaft Stole Phunkeh - Presents and Love Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 517 518 519 520 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love the holiday season?
'Tis the season to make merry.
40%
 40%  [ 24 ]
I'm gonna frag Santa this time around.
32%
 32%  [ 19 ]
I'd rather just chill at home.
27%
 27%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 59

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:14 pm
I agree Linny. But Se my trouble is I have trouble saving money. I dont have too many expenses really. But if I had to pay it then I would, but I dont really want ot be in debt *shakes head* Just wil take so long to save... *sigh*  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:17 pm
Do what I do (er, what I try to do; I'm still dealing with my mother sh*t and a month ago Collections took all my savings x.x): with each paycheck make sure you have your bills paid then put about half (or whatever you can afford or want to save) into a savings account and don't touch it.  

Sentama Lin

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:22 pm
Yeah see thats what I usually do and I can get it up to about $1k but then something happens and I end up draining it. Like Christmas etc.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:26 pm
I don't know then. Generally what I put in savings I don't touch unless it's an emergency.  

Sentama Lin

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:27 pm
Of the money that you save, you could put 3/4 in a savings account, and make sure you pretend that account doesn't exist, NEVER withdraw from it, then put 1/4 in a checkings account, so then you can spend it, but try not to. :3

*goes back to lurking* ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:31 pm
Some banks offer a temporary Holidays saving account, too, where you can deposit things in it but not withdraw until October or so. Well... you can withdraw, but there are huge penalties. It helps one keep track of gift expenses and whatnot for the holidays.

Or if you're strong-willed enough devote parts of your savings to emergencies and the rest to some long-term goals, then do that.  

Sentama Lin

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:32 pm
I think I just need to learn not to touch it. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:33 pm
Me too, but it's so hard to do that. Sometimes I just can't help myself and the urge gets to me. mrgreen  

Sentama Lin

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:40 pm
It's so hard earned. I just want to play with it. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:41 pm
Yeah, it's always a danger -- especially after two weeks or so. Unbearable that's what it is sometimes. mrgreen  

Sentama Lin

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:44 pm
The longest I lasted was three months. There was just so much of it. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:45 pm
If it wasn't for certain things I could go for three months... But I think my longest was about a month. mrgreen  

Sentama Lin

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:55 pm
I might need some help to stop touching it. It's just so hard. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:59 pm
User Image

Put the money in a metal box and electrify the box.

Won't be touching it then, will you? xd

User Image

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:00 pm
You could keep it in something that prevents you from touching it. mrgreen

Edit: Way to C-C-C-COMBO BREAK, Bassie. This is a bit too-long-term, but you might be able to get some of it into either money markets or in CDs  
The Vault

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 517 518 519 520 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games