Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
In Which Ice Flowers Cause Trouble ~the end~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:08 pm
"The stories are not untrue," Kerrigan informed Cthugarai sadly. "My kind attacks many; children, adults, stupid young virgins... It is rare that when a human goes Underhill, or to the realm of the fae, that they survive. Our laws are harsh and bloodthirsty, but they stop the humans from annihilating us all. Speaking of which, I should warn you guys; never say thank you, never accept food or drink, and never accept a gift from a fae."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:17 pm
"That's good advice, I'll keep it in mind. But just out of curiosity, why not?"  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:17 pm
Kerrigan_dragon
"The stories are not untrue," Kerrigan informed Cthugarai sadly. "My kind attacks many; children, adults, stupid young virgins... It is rare that when a human goes Underhill, or to the realm of the fae, that they survive. Our laws are harsh and bloodthirsty, but they stop the humans from annihilating us all. Speaking of which, I should warn you guys; never say thank you, never accept food or drink, and never accept a gift from a fae."
What about you though? Can't we trust you? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:36 pm
"Uh well... as I said, my kind isn't very nice. And we don't play fair. Saying thank you is both an insult, because it is used so often that the words are meaningless, and it is also binding because we can use the words to... make you owe us a favor. And a favor to fae is not a good thing. It can involve something like paying off their mortgage for instance - and yes, fae do own homes - or it can involve you becoming their slave, it depends on the favor and the fae. Fae drink and food are made of magic, basically, and it affects non-fae in weird ways. Like making you forget everything and do things you normally wouldn't, to an extreme far beyond the effect of alcohol. And accepting a gift always comes with a price, which always must be paid, and is usually disproportional to the gift itself. So um, yeah, it's complicated. The rules I gave you cover it though. Mostly. I can't tell you everything, there are laws I need to follow. But you can trust me, I would never do any of that. I just thought I'd warn you."  

Kerrigan_dragon

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:42 pm
Kerrigan_dragon
"Uh well... as I said, my kind isn't very nice. And we don't play fair. Saying thank you is both an insult, because it is used so often that the words are meaningless, and it is also binding because we can use the words to... make you owe us a favor. And a favor to fae is not a good thing. It can involve something like paying off their mortgage for instance - and yes, fae do own homes - or it can involve you becoming their slave, it depends on the favor and the fae. Fae drink and food are made of magic, basically, and it affects non-fae in weird ways. Like making you forget everything and do things you normally wouldn't, to an extreme far beyond the effect of alcohol. And accepting a gift always comes with a price, which always must be paid, and is usually disproportional to the gift itself. So um, yeah, it's complicated. The rules I gave you cover it though. Mostly. I can't tell you everything, there are laws I need to follow. But you can trust me, I would never do any of that. I just thought I'd warn you."
Good thing you did. ^^

*He gives her the crystal* can you check this thing?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:20 pm
"I can look, but it won't mean that I'll necessarily find anything, and I certainly won't be able to remove it if I do, unless the magic weaver was exceptionally weak, which I highly doubt. A crystal used to control and power something like that? Yeah, it took some really strong magic I'll bet." She took the crystal into her hands and stared deep inside it, sending tendrils of magic into it, searching for any negative spells. After a moment she looked up again. "At least two spells on the crystal are specifically against people tapping in and using it's power. If you'd have tried... well, I think fried virus would be a good description. There's also a weird magical web around it's core, I have no idea what it does, but it's really different from anything I've ever encountered before."  

Kerrigan_dragon

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:26 pm
Alright thanks Kerries. Elci can you look at it as well? Though I think i'll keep it ayway 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:02 pm
"Sure." she said taking the crystal from Kerrigan. Probing it with her magic she found the spells that keep away foreign users. She carfully avoided them. The core of the crystal interested her but she too was unfamiliar with it as well.
"I'm not sure what it is made of but it was made for a specific purpose." she said handing it back. "I agree with Kerrigan be carful with it."

She nodded at Cthugarai's new look. "That will do just fine."  

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:11 pm
I'll run some more experiments on it when I get more and see what happens 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:15 pm
Kagura purred as Elica scrached behind her ear, and licked Elica as a sign of happiness and gratfulness. She stood up on her hind legs and turned back into her human form. She took off her glasses and her scarf, and with two taps of her scythe on the ground, it dissapered into her body. she took her hair out of the ponytails and let it flow out long. She kept every thing else on. "There, I look like a average teenager now!" She said and laughed.

User Image  

Toxxic Poptarts

Fatcat

6,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:27 pm
Cthugarai took a look around the group nodding in approval. "Viral I think you should keep the crystal, but don't try anything reckless with it. Just because WE can't use it, does not mean it can't be used against our enemies."

"We seem to be in order, I'll be Quinn if anyone asks. I think we'll all need cover stories, at least until we get into the trade town a few miles west of here."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:04 am
"Oh, don't worry, if anybody asks why we are there, we could just say we are travelers and need to come here to get some supplies." Kagura said. "They'll be sure to believe it" She started to mess with her hair, not being used to it being out of their ponytails.  

Toxxic Poptarts

Fatcat

6,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:12 pm
"Then how do we explain the military issue robot?" Cthugarai asked with a little bit of humor in his voice. "We'll also need names. I'm almost sure that any checkpoint we cross will have a reference to our names."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:39 pm
"That is a dilemma. Your disguise isn't exactly subtle, Viral." Kerrigan thought for a moment, but decided to tackle the easier problem. "Well another of my names, one I don't commonly go by, is Gwylan. Unless someone in that town is a historian that delights in learning extremely obscure, and unimportant, Welsh tales about the fae, I think I'll be fine using that name." She smiled crookedly. "What about the rest of you?"  

Kerrigan_dragon

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:43 pm
"Quinn is the name of the man who found me adrift at sea, after my exile. He took care of me... till he died... He was a nomad fisherman, not many people knew him, and the people who did, didn't care about him one way or the other."  
RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games