Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:06 pm
Roana

"People are idiots. Especially teenagers." Roana agreed. "We all forget our lessons pretty fast in the excitement and confusion of a hatching, and I am pretty sure a lot of them are still scared mentally from last time, they shouldn't be on the sands at all." Fear could lead to anger, Anger to hate and hateful thoughts but babies between.

At least the scared little blue that was the most likely to between seemed to impress in the next moment, followed by a boy pushing through the crowd and taking him away from the worst of the stress.

She took Iathe's hand and squeezed back, she didn't judge her for wanting a queen. As she heard it from the western Hyperbole a queen was the only change a women had there to get to any sort of power. It was the old and out dated system which only valued dragon colour but it was what Iathe had to deal with.

But then there were hatching bursting out all over the place, brown and blue with the bronzes still strutting the sand. Roana watched it all with interest and a soft snort of amusement at the Browns confidence. Even if it was partly warranted given his size.

When the bronze requested his line she nodded in agreement. "We are here to make their job easier and it couldn't hurt." Even if the bronze wouldn't choose a female, it might help the green and the blue.

But then, another egg cracked. This time it was no fools gold bronze, it was the genuine article. It was Ro's turn to reach out and squeeze Iathe's hand.

"Got to hand it to the wayward queen this clutch has been pretty impressive, and now we have a gold to top it off."

demon_pachabel

xxTsunake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:15 pm
Etansi

Watching her brother leave her with only one statement hurt more than she would ever admit to anyone. Because now she did not have him to tell things to anymore, he was gone and he wasn't coming back, something that she had promised him and he had promised her would never happen. Etansi's eyes that were full of horror slowly became hollow as she watched his back disappear beyond the crowd and she didn't pay attention to him tending to his dragon for she knew how this would go.

For the third time in her life she was being left, but this time she really was completely alone and had no one to lean against. If she'd been the crying type she would have burst into them right then, but the ice in her heart grew rapidly until it encased every bit of her and left her frozen to the spot in a sort of despair. Fifteen years old and she was losing the last of what little she'd ever had, the most important part of her and the only thing that until just mere moments before she had been completely sure of. Erastan had been the only constant in her ever changing life and now he'd been ripped from her by the claws of a dragon that would fill in every crack in his gentle being until they were one new creature.

No room for her certainly and why would they want her? It would be just like their mother all over again with that 'brother' of theirs.

As the last bit of the kindness in her iced over and disappeared to someplace she couldn't feel herself reach, Etansi lowered her head to look at the sand by her feet and closed her eyes against the joy all around her. What did their joy matter to her, it would all end the same way and she didn't care to see it or even hear it. Not that she'd been hearing anything with the loud ringing that was overpowering everything in her head. Slowly, little by little, Etansi just...

...stopped. And no one noticed.

And no one would ever notice again.

Sinders Path

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:17 pm
Hey there, little lady, Aryath greeted Sahrawith. What is the big fuss? Surely you can’t be so unhappy so soon. He gave her a gentle nudge as he eased up to the feeding table. Cheer up. We are here. It’s our day. Well, every day was Aryath’s day, but he would share this one with his siblings.

L’iand began cutting up the meat and feeding it to his dragon. He wondered how someone squeamish would fair as a rider. Not well, he concluded. And, that’s right. This magnificent beast was his. Your’s is nice too, but really, how can you compare?

“I’ve seen you around.” L’iand commented to R’ose. “You aren’t already having trouble in paradise, are you?”

L’iand nodded at the others gathered. Some were from Western and he wondered if they would meet up again at some point in the future.

HEEEEYYYY there Lishanth! What is the best on the table?

houllow
Talking to you

ChaosTheories
Talking to you

Peppermint Coffee
Nodding hello

Sinders Path
Nodding hello

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:25 pm
Jagmund and Lishanth

Lishanth reached the feeding tables before Jagmund did and, without stopping for even a beat, snaked his neck towards a bucket and picked up a piece of meat in his jaws. Jagmund shook his head at him.

"You know, that meat is probably too large for you swallow. It would look pretty bad, choking on your food before you'd even left the sands."

Lishanth considered this, then daintily put the meat back on the table. He sighed and stared expectantly at Jagmund. Then cut it up, would you? How silly that they did not do it before I got here.

"Yeah," Jagmund chuckled, moving the piece of meat over with one hand while grabbing a knife and cutting into it with the other. "Of course, asking a drudge to do it could ruin the meat."

Lishanth read what a 'drudge' was from Jagmund's mind and suddenly preferred Jagmund do it himself, after all.

As Lishanth waited, his brown brother came up to greet him. His eyes swirled green and blue as he replied.

Me, of course! You're a close... third, though. The bronze said, then bumped his shoulder into the brown's. Despite the difference in colour, the brown wasn't much smaller than him. Tell your rider to take some from the bucket mine is near, it's the best around. Of course, he'd only just tasted meat for the very first time, but he was determined he had the best since it was delicious.

faesinger

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:25 pm
Akaris

"He...does seem nice enough," Akaris allowed, watching as the bronze and his blue brother worked their way down the line, closer and closer. She did reach out to take Rylyrr's offered hand, although her eyes stayed fixed on the hatchlings. They didn't seem wont to cause any harm, but she wasn't yet past the reflexive fear that rose in her not just around hatchlings, but any unfamiliar dragon for that matter. It wasn't all-consuming, but it was there. Enough that she only barely noticed someone nodding acknowledgement at her, a gesture that earned a moment's stare before she returned it.

A loud crack distracted her from the rest momentarily, and her gaze darted over to glimpse the source. A self-conscious little gold! Aww. From this far away, she was...cute. But Akaris turned her focus back to the blue and bronze, who were a more pressing potential concern.

Shaddaling

medigel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:40 pm
[ r'ose and green sahrawith ]

He'd been reduced to mentally pleading with his dragon to get her to move, but it wasn't working. Despite how tiny the green was, practically dwarfed by her siblings that were trickling in like a slow rain, she was heavier than anything R'ose had ever tried to move in his life. It'd didn't help when a pair approached, some fancy looking brown, and R'ose turned to look at the rider who addressed him while his dragon dealt with her clutchsib.

If looks could kill, L'iand (and by proxy, Aryath) would have been long, long gone. With wide eyes and a face that was pale (from effort) and red (from sunburn), the teen looked wild and angry. So very, very angry. "Does...does it look like I'm enjoying whatever it is she has me doing?" Somehow R'ose managed to keep his voice even, but that was a struggle.

On the other end, Sarhawith hissed at the nudge from her brother, not wanting to handle his antics. R'ose's bad mood was leaking into her, not that she was fully aware that she was the cause. I'm waiting, Aryath, not sulking or being unhappy. Something you would never know how to do. Her tone was curt, and she kept herself in her tiny ball. Go join your brother and leave me be. Which he seemingly did, and Sahrawith was thankful for that. Too many where coming that weren't her, and how much longer would she be forced to wait? She itched! She hungered!!

faesinger

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:51 pm
The look from R'ose had little to no affect on L'iand. “No, I have to say, you don’t look as though you are enjoying yourself. That is why I asked.” Dimglow. “Do you need help with her?” He couldn’t fathom what the green was doing and Aryath simply told him ‘she is being an idiot’ so that didn’t help him figure it out either.

Third? Hmm? I’ll have you know you and I are at most an equal first. Besides we aren’t on the table are we? He started chomping down on the meat fed to him. It was divine. This was acceptable meat.

Little sister, will she be happy if you harm yourself waiting? Do you not want to look your best when she gets here?

houllow

ChaosTheories

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:54 pm
Sylfie

Sylfie continued to stare for a long moment, at even more of a loss than usual. This was...this was not at all the sort of reaction she had been expecting or was used to. All full of apology and awkwardness and things that she was used to feeling herself, not being the cause or on the receiving end of. O-oh dear. And...and he was a Harper? Oh. That was so very lovely and important, stories were wonderful and-

And there was a rather angry hatchling, broadcasting its displeasure with one candidate at absolutely everyone, candidate or rider or otherwise. The interruption to her thoughts delayed her scramble for words to create...and even longer pause. Could she sink down into the sand, now, please? "I, um, it's...it's okay," she stammered finally, and reached out to accept the (re-)offered hand. To be honest, she would have taken it in the first place regardless, ink or no. "Sylfie, I'm...Sylfie. Of Hesperith."

ShinosBee

Meepfur
Crew

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:10 pm
Aly'on

"Ooh, no, that certainly isn't it and last I know none of our fathers were even riders.... though one could have." When it came down to the twins father everything was questionable if there had been one man or two and well, that was his mother and just accepted.

"Our mother's brother lives somewhere on Western. He is still alive last I heard but I don't know what he been up to really." Aly'on sighed. His mother and his uncle hadn't really been talking and he wasn't sure if it was the continent between them or something else.

Dizzy_Kat
P'rell

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:12 pm
Taken aback at how seriously he took it, Raelin hummed in thought herself. “It’d be an even bigger responsibility than normal, true...” She hadn’t considered what the full extent of her own statement could be. What if everything you knew suddenly came into question? What if instead of a new golden age, it only brought dissent and confusion?

...Maybe they were thinking about this too much. It was all hypothetical anyway. They were both just as likely to walk away alone.

“Oh! It looks as though you have your chance,” she told him with a grin as a bashful gold finally made her way out of the egg. Hello, little sun~ Don’t let the sand hide you from the world. “We might make history yet.”

“Dizzy_Kat”
quick break tag whee

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:18 pm
Rylyrr
Rylyrr gave a small squeeze of reassurance and look out. The brown had impressed, the bronze and blue were going down the line, the pushy green mind her dear heart was doing what she wanted and ohh. There was a gold in this clutch.

May she find hers without any trouble, little self conscious dragonet.

He looked down, waiting for the bronze and blue to cast judgement. This was a bit different, being asked by a dragonet to form a line. But he could see the appeal.

Meepfur
Akaris

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:24 pm
Ezyzu - Western Candidate

“Nice to meet you Vash!” Ezyzu all but chirped, setting back to keep an eye on the hatching. The little bronze still seemed to be perusing the candidates, but her face lit up as the brown had finally found his match! “I haven't either, but I suppose it would be easier than a crowd!” She all but giggles, pushing errant strands of hair off her forehead.

Glancing around, she took note of the yet-Impressed dragon babies. There was the orderly bronze, as well as a blue, and the green as well. They were all so lovely! Except now, another egg burst -- after the first bronze, Ezyzu was skeptical for a moment, but no, there was a little golden queen. “Oh look! A gold just hatched!” Except the little dear seemed a bit shy, no doubt from the strange crowd! Oh, no, its okay! This is your time to shine!

Kyrieko

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:25 pm
P'rell

Same mother, different fathers. P'rell wondered what kind of background he'd come from? Though it might explain the rather noticable physical difference between him and the candidate towering over the sands. "Ah. So you took responsibility for your siblings then?"

Shaddaling

Zarike

If anything, Zarike almost looked as embarrassed as the gold out on the sands at that. He looked out over the relatively little dragon and wondered. Of course it was impossible, but what if it wasn't?

"She doesn't really look like the type to want all of the eyes of Pern upon her. That brown sure did though!"
medigel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:30 pm
[ r'ose and sahrawith ]

Sahrawith snorted. Little? I am your older sister, slow hatch. Were she not being so stubborn she'd likely have apologized, but for now? She was focused too hard, so itchy and hungry and - wait. R'ose's sudden surge of irritation had her turn and look, and her eyes whirled yellow at the expression on his face. Mine? Getting up from where she'd been determined to keep herself sitting, the green crossed over and placed her nose in his hand, relaxing just a little bit.

"Finally getting up? Did you decide to stop waiting, or do you want to get oiled while you wait?" R'ose had absolutely decided to ignore L'iand's comment and his existence entirely. His whole statement about not wanting to be around people he didn't enjoy was holding very true, as at this moment R'ose didn't like any of the group that had gathered. None were Rizdax, the only person on the sands he was giving any concern about, and all of them were just...so....well. "Shall we get some oil, or are you feeling a little hungry again?"

Sahrawith kept nosing at his hand, even allowing her tongue out for a moment to just poke at his fingertips. He felt warm, like the sun that burned above them. Through their bond she could feel he was just as itchy as she was, in just as much pain, and clearly just as stubborn as she was being. We weren't actually going to leave? Her question was innocent and honest, the yellow fading back to blue. I can still wait?

"The only time we're leaving is when all of your fat tails are out of your eggs, drooling in your sleep after you eat until you want to pop, and strapped to an adult for the ride back to our home Weyr." Hopefully by then his emotions would have settled down and he'd get something for his sunburn. Also finally feeling enough to respond, R'ose looked at L'aind and narrowed his eyes. "Appreciate the offer mate, but mind yours first. When you're done you can possibly try again." Was it an insult, was it sarcasm? Maybe both, but R'ose wasn't waiting around to listen. Sahrawith was up and moving and he was going to get her properly oiled.

faesinger

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:31 pm
Aly'on

"Ooh, the bright star no. That would probably be the worse idea,"Aly'on gave a small reflex shiver imagining himself trying to handle being responsible for his five younger siblings. "That would be Shyn'ar. Who would be here if he still wasn't recovering from the flu."

"And what about your family, lord holder son?"

Dizzy_Kat
P'rell

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games