Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:40 pm

After a long pause, during which Ducky considered whether he might move on from his current post, the Bronze closed his eyes. When he opened them once more, they whirled a brilliant rainbow. Dear Kambri, won't you lead your Moseleth out of this crowd? There are so many others, and I...

I am overwhelmed.

Even with his brother's dear presence, he was ready to leave this crush. Staring up with adoring eyes into his new rider's face, he nudged his hand gently, hopeful and yet fretful that Kambri might change his mind.

User Image
~Kiana_Nala~

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:42 pm
Harol

Leaning back in his chair, the harper folded his arms at his waist. Well, look at that. A little Queen! Good thing there was such a nice turn out from home and High Reaches. Poor Fort had a lot on its plate and he'd have to write to his folks to see that they were doing okay. The Bronze and Blue were taking their times, perhaps being careful? He hoped there would be no babies going Between today. There were loads of hopeful prospective candidates out there that worked hard to be ready. Surely they'd find theirs.

AH! And it seemed a match was made! Good! From where he had been sitting, the Bronze was looking more and more concerned as they went.  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:47 pm
Rizdax

There it was, the little bronze had chosen his rider and right on the heels of that vibrant brown. A chuckle left him as he turned and made his way back over towards Shar, Nalacko and Farensil where they stood. There was a gold on the sands now, certainly they were showing some interest in that, not that he thought for one second that Shar cared about that. But he wasn't entirely certain for the other two.

There was still the feisty little green running around that had taken a liking to R'ose's green and that blue that had been with the bronze. Neither had shown an interest in him though, so he settled back to watch the other eggs to see if they held anything for him. Still hopeful despite it all and indeed happy to see so many Impressing to such beautiful dragons that would go on to defend Pern. It really was wonderful to see the clutch so healthy with everything that had happened concerning placement and the threat of Thread. He had actually been concerned for the hatchlings but two bronzes, a brown, two blues and some greens and now a gold? This was a healthy and happy clutch that was going to be evenly split between the two weyrs to protect the skies.

That alone had him hoping to find his partner since they were all so healthy. But he wouldn't worry if he didn't this first time either because he'd seen those that had stood for turns Impress today, so there was always hope in the future!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:54 pm
P'rell blushed, brushing his hand through his limp hair, shaking it out again to cool his scalp. "That obvious?" He shrugged. "Not quite a Lord... but he wants to be. He remarried after my mother passed away and Allarona had quite a bit of good land after her husband died. She had a girl about my age, Ronalee, and she raised us together for the most part. Last I heard my father was still looking to expand. I'd be shocked if Ronalee wasn't married yet. Haven't talked with them too much since I left the weyr, but Tygeran, my older brother, sent me a letter a few turns back after he'd got married." Maybe it was time he sent a letter home? Maybe he could request a couple days off to go visit his brother. If his father found out he was around though he'd make a huge fuss of it to show off the bronzerider in the family... He'd send a letter first.

Shaddaling

Zarike

He was almost more disappointed that the bronze didn't choose Raelin than he was over it not choosing himself if anyone were to ask at that moment.  

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:33 pm
Kinyegele

It seemed the Bronze had found their own! Kinye sighed with relief, clearly pleased by this as boy and dragon made their connection - leaving behind the blue who was likely going to 'tut' over the boys some more. Which was fine!

He was a fairly handsome thing himself and hopefully he wouldn't be looking for much longer!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:50 pm
Iathe - High Reaches

Shards and flaming Shells. There really was a gold on the sands now, and it seemed that all the male dragons had Impressed.... save for the preening blue. Iathe had moved into a line soundlessly with Roana and Martirae. Calm. Composed. She focused on breathing for now, a steady in, and out. What would be, would be. If it was her time, she would know, and if not--if not, there would be other hatchings. Still, she returned the squeeze to her hand, giving an almost imperceptible sigh. Iathe wasn't the only one hoping. She wasn't an idiot, after all.

demon_pachabel

Sinders Path

Alya - Western

"Hah!" She whispered almost to herself, gleefully glancing at her companions. "There she is! Oh...." She rose up on her tiptoes to better peer at the portly little gold. Ohh, she didn't have to be shy! Everyone was so happy to see her here! "You can do it, baby! Maybe she's supposed to be one of yours!" She whispered to Esfir and Ticene with delight. Wouldn't that be an adventure? Then she could really sell her story!

She reached out to take Rio's hand with her free one, humming happily under her breath. So he hadn't Impressed the bronzes or the sweet brown. That was okay! They were still going to be together. "There are still more eggs left!" She whispered to both boys reassuringly. "And that little blue seems nice!" Not to mention the sassy green still prowling about!

Meepfur

BastetAmun

DaisyMilk

The_Muffin_Puppy

--

Lauthisen - Western

He watched in silence as the hatchlings made their rounds, some Impressing, and some lingering. So far, besides a slash from a candidate who had obviously offended? A very calm Hatching. Better than one could hope for, considering the circumstances. He absently paused to glance at his companion when the gold spilled onto the sands, judging her reaction. Many would think a Queen would be the best of the best.  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:51 pm
Aly'on

"Not horribly but mmhm, I know something about not reaching out to family,"and he couldn't really put a name to why he hadn't reached out to his uncle of late or anytime after their mother had been ... taken care off.

"Why did you decide to come back? To the weyr?"

Dizzy_Kat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:01 pm
Esfir

In no way had Esfir ever expected to see a golden hatchling. Not coming from a first time mother.

Not hatched away from a Weyr.

And as thrilled as she was to see the babies impressing, she couldn't help but feel an odd little thrill in her gut looking at the little queen. For a moment, she allowed herself to wonder if the baby gold would come for her. Alya's whisper helped to fan the fantasy for a moment before common sense took control back.

"It would be lovely if it did, but I don't know that I'm good enough for that kind of luck. Maybe she'll claim you, Alya. If you've brought a lot of luck to others, it would only be fair to get some back for yourself."

Still, as the little gold his her face, Esfir couldn't help whispering encouragements to the little dragon. Really, a golden hatchling! It was rather incredible to see.

"Come on, little one. We're all so happy to see you, don't be afraid," she murmured in a near litany.

Meepfur

BastetAmun

Tsunake

The_Muffin_Puppy

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:08 pm
The moment of disappointment was brief and not hers. Not the real Raelin’s anyway. This was just pretending, really, in the same way any young Pernese might imagine themselves as truly unique: passing, interesting, hopeful, fake. That Raelin faded, followed where all the rest from past failed Hatchings went, into her own personal Between to die.

Her grin left with it. Silly, wasn’t it? One would think she’d stop by now. But if being passed over had been a big deal, she wouldn’t have continued standing.

“What?” The more stern tone came back from before. It was probably an attempt at being teasing that failed.. She nudged the other candidate’s shoulder. “Getting stage fright already? She needs someone confidant, not more fear.” Raelin continue to send reassuring thoughts to the dragonet. Perhaps the other green might step in to help, or the picky blue.

Dizzy_Kat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:09 pm
P'rell

"Not much of a choice when Thread fell." The words were bitter. "Everyone panicked. The whole troupe fell apart and us riders... well I don't know where the other ones went. Venaith and I came back here because we had no where else to go. We're not suited to going solo." It hadn't been a choice P'rell wanted to make but without the troupe, High Reaches was the only place he could go. Home wouldn't have hosted him if he'd gone there to hide from the weyr. He was expected to do his duty as a rider. It was the last thing P'rell had wanted. "Venaith hates chewing firestone."  

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:14 pm

The Pink Striped Green was over it. In fact, she had made the rounds, and by the time she spotted HERS she knew without a doubt that wading through all that crap was worth it. This was her equal, her champion. This was the one she was going to Impress!

Her walking suddenly turned into a gallop, and with a loud creel, the green barreled right between Shinnikan and Dorame and set her eyes firmly on Valineaux.

Valineuxmine! For Faranth's sake, did you have to stand buried back here?! Now hurry up and ditch these losers and let's go get some food! Your Zhuchath's absolutely famished! The green head-butted her rider playfully, certain the other could handle her type of rough-housing. Her eyes whirled a vibrant rainbow, and it was clear that there was no real venom in her words. Dorame and Shinnikan simply weren't on her radar -- no one was but Hers.

User Image

Strickenized

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:16 pm
Talis

The brown and bronzes finally found Theirs and stopped hogging all the attention, leaving the blue and the evidently very picky green. Had she really not made up her mind yet, or was there something else keeping her? With a loud crack, another hatchling spilled onto the sand, giving the girls a glinting bauble of their own to gawk at wide-eyed and dream after. Talis understood full well that they were rare and, at traditional Weyrs like High Reaches in particular, could be key to rank and power, but...

She seemed awfully, well...cute for that. Huh. Which was fine. Cute and powerful didn't have to be mutually exclusive, she supposed, it just wasn't what she'd expected. And, with the tiniest of shrugs, she turned her gaze back to the remainder of the clutch, one less pair of eyes on the bashful baby.

And look at that! The picky green had finally decided. "She took her sweet time."

Tsunake

Meepfur
Crew

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:20 pm
Kamb'i & Bronze Moseleth

Kamb'i had only started to think about turning around to see if anyone was hiding behind him when he felt. . . everything. His eyes, now wide, lowered to the small form of the bronze dragonet that he had been encouraging just moments before. His heart was beating so fast in his chest, but it felt like it had expanded three sizes. It was the most wonderful feeling. Kamb'i collapsed to his knees at the gentle touch of Moseleth's nose touching his hand. "Y. . . You want to go?" He responded with the biggest grin present on his lips, tears dripping down his cheeks. "Yes, Moseleth." Kamb'i nodded his head with a sob. "We can go anywhere you want sweet one." He added. Kamb'i gently reached his hand out and every so lightly rubbed the small knobs jutting out from the bronze's head. He'd waited so long for his dear Moseleth.

Moseleth raised his head high and leaned ever so slightly into the gentle rubbing from Kamb'i. Yes, this boy was his. He hadn't changed his mind. Already the overwhelming happiness coming from the boy put any shred of doubt from his mind, and he returned it in kind. "This has been so taxing." The baby dragon all but huffed a sigh. He turned his attention every so briefly to his brother. "When you have found your's, come join us." He offered before gently nuzzling Kamb'i's hand to encourage him to rise. "Do you think they will have something to lie on? I'm feeling rather weary."

For his part, Kamb'i inhaled deeply and rubbed at his eyes with his arms. "Of course Moseleth. If they do not then I will hold you while you rest." He smiled at the little bronze before rising up to his feet. As tired as the dragonet seemed to be, Kamb'i knew that he wanted to walk out of the line he had created on his own feet, head held high. Though with a quick burst of warmth he found Moseleth to be open to the idea of cuddles later on when no one was looking. That was just fine with him. "We should also get you some fish. . . " He trailed off excitedly as the pair moved further away from the candidates and towards the rest of the impressed group.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:24 pm
Kinyegele

"OH! A girl impressed!" FINALLY! And it was to that picky green! How wonderfully fantastic! The little girl found herself looking back down the line towards her brother - though she wasn't ready to budge from it yet. The blue was still looking, after all.

She twisted at her robes with a deep sigh. Okay, so there was a blue and a gold now and a few little active eggs too... Hmmmm.

----

Juhvek

Well good. The Bronze had found someone suitable for him, thankfully, which left the particular Blue and a gold....and a slew of who knew what else. Juhvek looked down at the blue who seemed very particular about what he wanted - would he find a boy to go with his bronze friend off to?

Or would the gold pick first? Would she find herself waiting until the rest of the eggs hatched? That was certainly a probability. Hmmm.

---

Martirae

And the green had found hers at last. Which left the unknown and two more children - a blue that seemed to want a boy and the gold. Marty continued to hold herself high and proud. She could, and would, wait again if she had to.

It got harder and easier every time.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:28 pm
————Jacquol————

Well, there you go then! Bronzes done, and no harm in not lining up. Fantabulous! The bouncy brown had picked too (and she felt not a small pinch of jealousy there!) and then the green. What'd that leave? The blue that'd been with the line-up bronze? Her eyes roved to him...and then the newer, more glittery sands occupant. A gold, huh. Well...

She shifted her body to angle more directly at the blue. A bit more her speed, she figured, and hey! They sky was blue, the sea was blue, who didn't love blue? "Plenty of, uh, bigger-boned dragonets this batch, huh?" The observation was mildly teasing, but meant to be harmless. It was true that between the more robust brown, bronze, and now gold...and that other blue had had a bit of plumpness too, right? The stint on the shore clearly hadn't done any harm to them.

————Zelaya————

Well, alright then. She'd bothered to line up, done as she was bid, and the bronze hadn't even given her a sniff. Which...really, who was at all shocked? Bronzes didn't take to girls, after all. Even if she wasn't quite...well. No matter. The necessity of the bronze's request being over and done with, she fidgeted a moment. To stay? Or to go? She'd all but inserted herself into the scene now, but oh! To be here, unrobed, she stood out so very much. The hatching of the little gold thankfully drew what she imagined were a number of (and far too many) eyes away...Maybe she could just...

She took one small step back, and then another. Let the crowd of hopeful candidates shift to fill the gap she was leaving behind, and then she'd turn about and head back out of this...center of action. If she'd been properly ready, or if Z'tir had made it clear she was to stay put there, that'd be so much different!

————Oseathiol————

My my, what a pair they were! When at last the woman took his hand, rather than shake, he managed a practiced if clumsy bow, dipping to gently kiss the back of her hand. "W-well Miss Sylfie, of Hesperith...thank you for not minding my blunder. Which, if you don't mind my asking, uhm, uh, which w-weyr was it you were from, again? Oh look...both bronzes sorted and gone!" His attention was a darting, eager thing, fixing on her, the babies, the eggs, her, the eggs, the gold mother, the eggs, her in succession. What had started as a blush at his own foible now seemed more...permanent, thanks to the sun over head, but he either didn't notice or didn't care.
Meepfur

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games