Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mystery Hatching] A Mysterious Kind of Folk Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sariraii

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:18 pm
Zarsteyr, he/him
Zarsteyr watched the proceedings, grinning at his new friend in turn, but he paused before he could speak, as he watched his usually-careful brother awkwardly run towards the eggs. He tensed, fear running through his mind--what was Xahteis doing?--only to relax when Xahteis wrapped his arms around a brown, hugging him close, and then carrying him off the sands. Even if Xahteis didn't notice him, Zarsteyr cheered loudly for his brother. "That's my baby brother," he said proudly, thumbing a finger towards the new brownweyrling. "I knew he'd Impress. On his first hatching, too!" He'd never seen Xahteis look like that--so...happy? Had he ever seen that kind of glee on his brother's face? Xahteis was always so serious, to see the childlike wonder and euphoria...it made Zarsteyr's heart swell.

Revel1984

Orry, she/her
Even as the horrors unfolded, Orry forced herself to be positive. Positive, positive, positive, she thought to herself, with each breath, as if to remind her of the stakes that lay on this hatching. Externally, she smiled. "If he can't do it, I'm sure it will still turn out okay, in the end." She spoke too soon. As she rushed out of the way, she felt a sinking in her heart at the tragedy of the day. Still...positive. Someone had to do it. Someone had to keep everyone's moods up. She was quite grateful for Tosk's words, as she nodded encouragingly. "Yes! They're Impressing. How lovely..."

Oh, how she longed to Impress. Someday! Maybe today, even.

Her father believed in her, as did her brother. That lifted her spirits. Ansheth had offered his encouragement, and she knew he was watching. She could do this. She could remain the beacon of light that she tried so, so very hard to be. And when was someone silly and optimistic needed most of all? In the darkest of moments. So, she smiled and hummed softly, mimicking the dragons to the best of her ability, joining in with their little song.

As she watched, however, a bronze suddenly approached them, and pounced on poor Tosk! "Look out--" she started, a moment too late, but quickly realized...those eyes, they were rainbow! Immediately, she began to clap, genuine joy in her eyes. "Congratulations, Tosk! Congratulations, congratulations!" She shifted away from the pair, not minding if Tosk didn't even hear her, giving them enough space to, well, Impress. When Tosk finally got up, he wished her luck, and she smiled and nodded in return.

Sweet Symmetry
Tosk, mostly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:21 pm
Farellen turned to his companion "Really?! That's awesome!" he said, genuinely happy for his new friend's happiness for his brother. "You'll be joining him soon i'm sure!" he gave Zar a playful thump on his arm

sariraii

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Stygian Supernaut

Sparkly Husband

6,925 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:26 pm
Vesden | High Reaches | He/Him

While Vesden was getting pretty judgy over those who wanted to get near the babies for something as frivolous as petting (was that really worth a candidates life potentially? Or the life of a hatchling who wanted someone who might have gotten hurt over it?) he entirely understood the desire to help the egg slowly rolling across the sand. Poor little blue must be so shaken up now, but mom had stepped in just when she was needed, and it was a relief to know she was willing to do so now as she had during that first touching they'd attended.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:31 pm
TETH

Teth hummed, rather mutely, approval at the affection. He needed to keep himself in control, especially with so many things happening that he could easily get overwhelmed. Later he would meet all the babies properly, and their riders, and he didn't want to be told he couldn't do that if he kept sulking and acting like a baby.

When an egg started to roll he thought about going to stop it, to help, but a dragonet was there and a candidate and eventually Killakeeth. The egg also somehow seemed to sprout legs, an excellent sign. Another one of his babies had Impressed without trouble - to best friend Aryale!!! Teth knew and loved her!!! - and things seemed so much better.

Maybe....maybe Killakeeth would let him back over by her if he stayed calm? F'ell had returned to where he needed to be after all.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:33 pm

I'm good, Mom! the Hot Pink 80s blue said, and though he was a little addled, he certainly meant it. This wasn't upsetting at all, but... it was definitely still dark. Maybe if he ran into something it'd come off? ... But then, maybe that wasn't a good idea.

Hmm. Walking along as he was, he couldn't see where he was going, and definitely wound up bumping into several Candidates on his way. Then, when it seemed like he couldn't walk any farther, he walked right into another egg.

Ooph! Well, that did it! The shell shattered obediently, and out came blue Hot Pink 80s dragonet! Yes!! That was so much easier than he'd thought it would be. Except... his sibling didn't seem so happy.

I wasn't finished yet! I was making my entrance! the now revealed little bronze creeled. Blast and tarnation, that was now over! Ugh, were all brothers like this?

Sunset green had begun to investigate the Candidates. Hello!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:37 pm
Nyrida, She/her
Nyrida wasn't quite sure what to think of Wren, as she blinked at his introduction. Her response came quick enough, with an elegant, almost regal, "Nyrida." She nodded her head in acknowledgement, before continuing. "I think I will continue to be both awkward and formal, should you not particularly mind. It does, after all, suit me so well." A hint of a smile, barely noticable, graced her face, before she glanced towards the eggs again.

MaraRune

Kyzier, they/them
Aaaah, that was so cute! The little dragonet had accidentally knocked over her brother's egg, and now he was...all legs! The hatching had not gone well, thus far--at least, not like they'd expected--but they pushed the death, the violence, the trauma, from their mind as they watched the cute dragonets. Few dragons were currently being violent, after all. They could relax a bit...right? They shuffled a bit, feeling their feet heating up from the hot sands, as they chatted idly, turning to the candidate next to them. "Look! Isn't that just the cutest thing?" They asked.

Quote:
Anyone who wants to be that candidate is free to! Otherwise it's just an NPC

Zarsteyr, he/him
Zarsteyr nodded eagerly, pride in his eyes. "We tried so hard to convince him to stand, and he finally does...and first time around, he Impresses. I knew he could do it." His grin widened.

"So will you!" he added. He was sure Far would Impress. Zarsteyr had gotten a bit discouraged over the turns, but he still held hope for himself, too. And at such a lucky hatching for Xahteis, why shouldn't he Impress as well?

Revel1984

sariraii

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:45 pm
Vasadryx / Male / Western
Aryale Impressed! Vasa grinned at the sight of the pretty little green who’d sauntered right up to the lifelong Westerner. A chip off the old block, that girl was!

Kainna / Female / Western
Ahaha! “Go Ary!” Kainna said under her breath. She knew the girl’d expected a green, and it was always exciting to see that kind of dream come true. With a pat on each of the blond brothers’ forearms, she walked off towards Bukichi, Aryale and her new dragon.

Vitryx / Male / Western
Vitryx hadn’t needed any invitation; he was already mid-stride, his destination the same as Kainna’s. “Congratulations, Aryale!” he said softly, as the two he’d come with gave similar sentiments. He smiled and nodded to Bukichi as well, glad to see his friend still whole after all that had already taken place that night.

demon_pachabel
Congraaats!

Tsunake
Is this seat taken?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:49 pm
Aryale

Closer. Closer. They weren't even looking to see if they were passing by theirs. Aryale stared back at the powerful green who was crossing the sands, clutching that hope tightly that she'd come close even for a moment. Even as close as Leoth had been, Aryale's heart hadn't wavered. That moment, hand against shell, anger, energy....she hadn't been sure what it was. Aryale had wanted it, though. She'd wanted it so deeply it hurt.

She had nurtured that hope further, knowing each step could hurt. She could have hatched a bronze, a color beyond her. She could have gone to any candidate on the sands but even now she prowled. Closer. Closer. Close. Close enough to be danger, but Aryale made no motion to get out of the way.

AryaleMine, Mine, it made her head hum, like a song from another room. Familiar, but she needed to move to hear it clearly. forgive your Yaguareth for taking so long. your Yaguareth. The hallway to the room the music was coming from was so familiar, but which room? She'd leave every door open looking. She had to find it. Things had needed to be settled before I could properly focus on you. It had to be this one. It was so beautiful. Aryale flung it open. And rest assured, there was only ever you.

Aryale would have dropped to her knees if Yaguareth didn't step forward to lean her head against her chest. Steady, understanding. So full of strength that it overflowed. For her, only for her. She reached down with both hands to run them along the green's - her green - neck. Every touch sang through her, vibrating through fragile growth to send it crumbling away. Like spring after a fire, Yaguareth came through growing in something new. Something stronger. Beautiful and perfect.

"Her name is Yaguareth...and she is mine."  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:55 pm
EURYALE

" . . . . . . . . . awesome." Euryale barely managed to choke the words out as she placed a hand to her mouth, her shoulders already shaking with held back sobs. There was so much in her that was proud of her daughter Impressing a Green, becoming the proud dragonrider that Euryale always knew she could be. "A'star, our baby girl is a rider now." That was two of their horde to Impress, with the other four a possibility in the future.

A family of greenriders at Western, and the bronzerider at High Reaches. "I....wish Repeat was here to see this. He'd be a mess and that would be funny to watch."

demon_pachabel
CONGRATS FROM MOM

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:56 pm
Nikal - 19, he/him - & Green Tecuanith

< I’m glad. They are my own knots of valor and rank, > Tecuanith told Zhaoruith proudly, blue and purple ushering away most of the red in her gaze. It had been a rough start to their young lives, but things were better now. She was properly adored by the one that mattered most. < No-one dared touch me after that either. I made them understand. >

As Leoth greeted them, she snorted. She was certain they’d be assets, was it? Look at the golden sister go, off to parade herself in front of the rest with more token words. Well, alright, the green knew she meant them just as Kleoth had, but pardon her if she wasn’t so quick to forgive and forget. Just because they were busy being nice queens didn’t mean Tecuanith had to play nice as well. If anything, she should have been welcomed and congratulated and praised by all of her siblings for what she had done. Hmph.

< Congratulations, > she said to Leoth, and that was that.

Nikal slid her a few cubes of meat, looked up when the other weyrling addressed him, and did a double take. Then he tried to hide that he had done so by awkwardly redoubling the effort to cut meat. Dsharmira had to be some sort of hold heir, or else a courtesan, he was sure of it. There had always been the joke that riders were more beautiful than the rest, but shards. He blamed it on still being sensitive post-Impression and didn’t feel like trying to meet the eyes of more people for a few moments, just in case he started goggling the lot of them.

“Nikal,” he muttered in turn. Louder, Tecuanith pushed, so he repeated his name at normal volume for the gathered weyrlings without looking up, annoyed with himself. Being a little overwhelmed was stupid.

XxTsunake

Xxfaesinger

Xxtatterpixie

medigel

Anxious Spirit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:57 pm
Vosin/Gold Killakeeth
The gold settled back into her position as Hot Pink 80s blue reassured her he was ok. Welcome to the world, Killakeeth welcomed the two newly hatched males.

Vosin nodded as Killakeeth investigated the egg, and everything seemed fine. The blue even helping his bronze brother to hatch.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:00 pm
Candidate Omurntas Western
Omurntas shifted from foot to foot. His feet felt like they were cooking. At least under his orchards had always felt nice and cool. Several more eggs had hatched. The blue from the rolling egg seemed ok. Sunset green was starting to make her rounds now.  

magnadearel

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:05 pm
"That's great!" he cheered, smiling widely but somewhere in his heart he wondered if he would ever find his match on the hatching Sands. "We'll see" he said, thinking perhaps he wasn't worth it, or maybe he was too damaged, scarred, perhaps he should start thinking about another craft? ..... he gave a little sigh but couldnn't help but be amused at the antics on the sands, that blue walking with shell on top of him... bumping into another egg he hadn't noticed before, hatching a Bronze.

sariraii

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:27 pm

I'm sorry! the little blue chirped, realizing that he'd spoiled his brother's grand entrance. He really hadn't meant to! Hot Pink 80s blue felt a bit chagrined over this... and would've probably sat down if his brother hadn't rubbed his wedge shaped head against his own.

The Mystery bronze nuzzled his brother for a moment, before extending a wing over him. It's all right. Sorry I snapped. I had been waiting for awhile, but... I think it's time, anyway. The brothers leaned into each other a moment longer before breaking away. It was time to go look at Candidates!

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:35 pm
Dhawsn - 29, he/him

“S’okay, hun, honest,” he said to Serfie again reassuringly, glancing between both girls. What was the best way to defuse this? He appreciated Meaty Girl’s attempt, even if Serfie didn’t, but he didn’t want to just let things be. That was not the Dhawsn Way when problems arose (except in the cases of mortal peril).

And then he heard the candidate next to them ask a question, and Dhawsn latched onto it like fish on a hook. Talking! Talking was good!! “They’re super cute,” he agreed with a broad sort of enthusiasm, motioning with his chin at the still strutting brown for an example. “You got an eye on one?”

Aww, poor baby bronze! He started to coo while the other girl went for Teal and Yellow, which made him only slightly worried instead of truly anxious. The dragonet didn’t look anything less than eager to get crowded in on. “F’they ask, it’s different,” he explained to Serfie patiently. “But you don’ gotta.” Dhawsn’s bruised legs were perfectly content to stand in place for now.

Revel1984

houllow

sariraii

- - -
Stormy - 19, she/her

Astri’s pat just made her that much more self-conscious, and Stormy would wait long and longer to contrive excuses to wipe at her eyes.

Quiet as ever, Stormy just listened at the commentary from her group and from those around them, her arms slipping into the sleeves of the other arm so that they made a lock. She always felt a little removed from the hatchings when they happened, though she couldn’t say why exactly: Stormy didn’t burn with an all-encompassing desire to be a rider and only a rider, and she felt a little guilty standing with those that did. To be fair, she didn’t know what she wanted to be at all, given her sketchy training and inability to decide for herself. It was easier not to think about it, especially with so many other interesting things to consider.

For instance, this batch had some incredible patterns on their hides, and she longed to be able to draw some of them before they faded from her memory. Something like the night sky, whorls and stripes and spots and streaks and rosettes...Some of them reminded her of the feline species even. She wondered what they were like, what their riders were like, and how that bond glued them together in a special way personalized to them. She wondered if any of them would meow or purr instead of growl and bugle. She wondered tens of other things beyond that, and it kept her dazing through the proceedings.

“If they have egg goop, they’d shine the same,” Stormy noted distantly, a thin tether to the conversation. Her grey green eyes focused on nothing in particular. Did Marinel say something about Killakeeth? Oops, she hadn’t paid attention...

Dea and #Teddy#

Thaliawen

Sweet Symmetry

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out