Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Threadfall
[IC]Threadfall: High Reaches - OVER! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Cheri rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:16 pm
TSUNAMI WING
Wingsecond Illa of Brown Fenrith
HP: 42 - 1 = 41 - 10 = 31
Status Effect: 2 rounds of Guilt
XP:
Target Accuracy: 8
Flame Length: 6
General Stamina: 7
General Agility: 6
Between Accuracy: 7/+1
Pain Resilience: 7/+1
Instinct: 6
Luck: 6

Round 1, Roll 6

Weaving between and back again, Illa and Fenrith had caught their wind again. Although the elements were not in their favor, they continued to fight, ever determined to win. There was no backing down. I am not afraid, my love. Don't think for a moment that we're in a danger we've never seen before, Illa thought to her large Brown, urging him onward. Urging him to fight all the harder.

Uta rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:18 pm
Hurricane Wing
H'sad of blue Cinonth
First Wave
HP: 25 - 4 - 2 - 4 - 4= 11
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 7
Flame Length: 6 (+3)
General Stamina: 6
General Agility: 8
Between Accuracy: 6
Pain Resilience: 6
Instinct: 8

Round 1, Day 1:
1. 6 > Fight against the wind! > -4 HP
2. 7 > Size Bonus > Save for Wingmate with Thread Damage > +2 Flame Length &
3. 14 > +1 Flame Length
4. 8 > 1 > Light Damage - 2 HP
5. 6 > Fight against the wind! > -4 HP
6. 9 > -4 HP

Saving Round 1
Quote a Wingmate who took Thread Damage and nullify it for this Round!

- - - -
H'sad and Cinonth continued to fight the wind. Unfortunately, the duo already had a pained muscle, so when another gust of wind came, the blue struggled against it. In a moments loss of control, the green found himself getting blown into a clump of Thread! With a hiss, the blue blinked Between, and reappeared away in safer airspace a bit higher up. This isn't very fun, Mine.

I don't think it's meant to be, Cinonth. But cheer up. You're doing just fine. Sort of. The man knew well his blue was starting to struggle against the winds. Oh, how he longed for an altitude change!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:19 pm
BURNING ACES WING
A'ye of Green Oyath
HP: 20
Status Effect: None
XP: -
Target Accuracy: 6
General Stamina: 6
General Agility: 10
Pain Resilience: 7

FLYING SECOND WAVE

The only response from Oyath towards Kindeth was a thin hiss.....though at the end she tapered it off. A'ye was looking at her and shook his head, a clear level of unwillingness to tolerate her attitude showing on his face. Kindeth was hurt and as a result S'del was suffering, and A'ye was not about to let his dragon add her ego into the mix. There was enough going on as it was, and her attitude wasn't welcome. There was a (mentally) audible clearing of one's throat, and Oyath attempted round one of being comforting. She'd rather be fighting Thread, but A'yre assured her that was coming next. Kindeth, we're here for you and yours. Mine is with your S'del and will not leave until we must fly. As for you....I....suppose I am here to make sure you enjoy your visitors.

A'ye couldn't exactly hear what was being said, though he could certainly feel all the unease that Oyath was going through. The look in her eyes was worth taking down in painting, and even though the green was talking to the Bronze she had made sure she was looking anywhere but at him. "Are you doing better S'del? I'm sorry about before, for startling you when I grabbed your arm like that. I - " The greenrider wasn't sure if he should explain himself, or wonder if his actions had been obvious. There was worry still in his voice, a concern he was trying to push away so as to not allow S'del to carry it back into the sky. "Oyath seems to be talking to Kindeth."

The topic change was weird, and greenrider felt it would be best if he left.

Uta

stella cinere rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:22 pm
Trespassers Wing
D’mos of bronze Phaeth
HP: 41/46 - 5 = 36
Status Effect: Fatigue
Rounds for Day 1 take 2: 1/5

XP: +6
Target Accuracy: 8 +1 +1 +1
Flame Length: 7
Pain Resilience: 7 +1

With the toil of wind pulling them in every direction and the pail still running its course on both rider and dragon were reaching their limit already. Another strong gust of wind and D’mos found himself much to his own displeasure out of formation which meant they were now at a higher risk of running into trouble.

”Phaeth we need to get back into formation otherwise we are at a larger risk.” Concerned thrummed through the rider as he leaned forward resting a hand on the dragon’s neck.

< I know just… give me a minute. > Phaeth sounded weary as he attempted to readjust and get closer.  

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

Cheri rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:24 pm
TSUNAMI WING
HP: 42 - 1 = 41 - 10 = 31 - 4 = 27
Status Effect: 1 rounds of Guilt
XP:
Pain Resilience: 7/+2

Round 1, Roll 7

Gritting her teeth against the pain caused by having her own dragon's ashes blown right back into their faces, Illa stroked her fingers along Fenrith's hide. I am fine! I am well. I fly well, and am still strong. Although she could hear that his breathing was somewhat labored, the Wingsecond knew that her Brown was not ready to give in.

TheWishling rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:24 pm
Hurricane Wing
Wingsecond T'at of Brown Nessuth
HP: 32
Status Effect: Guilt, (Damage +5. no bonuses or saves)
XP: (+2 to all, +5 to distribute)
Target Accuracy: 3
Flame Length: 3
General Stamina: 2
General Agility: 4
Between Accuracy: 3
Pain Resilience: 4
Instinct: 3
Luck: 3

His rider's distraction was becoming concerning. T'at wasn't looking, though his own rage against the thread had Nessuth on point. What he missed was a small, stray clump, slipping through and wrapping around the man's leg, and brushing his dragon's. With a trumpet of alarm, the Brown went Between, winking through just long enough for the thread to fall away.

Round 1:
[14] [19] [18] [2] [12] || [11] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
Cheri rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:28 pm
TSUNAMI WING
HP: 42 - 1 = 41 - 10 = 31 - 4 = 27
Status Effect:
XP:

Round 1, Roll 8

Saved:
Quote:
Your dragon has a moment of true inspiration, and sends out encouragement to his or her wingmates. Encouragement Boon! Quote one of your wingmates and remove one status effect

Buoyed by his rider's thoughts and touch, Fenrith fought all the harder to stay on top of the game. Illa, who had far more experience in battle than her dragon, keep her eyes alert, looking not only for signs of where the thread would next be blown, but also any wingmates who might be in need. It was their sworn duty, and she was more than equal to the task.

Cheri rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:33 pm
TSUNAMI WING
HP: 42 - 1 = 41 - 10 = 31 - 4 = 27 - 2 = 25 HP
Status Effect:
XP:
Between Accuracy: 7/+2

Round 1, Roll 9

Saved:
Quote:
Your dragon has a moment of true inspiration, and sends out encouragement to his or her wingmates. Encouragement Boon! Quote one of your wingmates and remove one status effect

And so it was that when the enemy came from beneath them, Illa was not entirely prepared. On a field of battle, that was a direction that one rarely needed to look in. Yet the sting of thread was the best teacher. They would not soon forget that lesson!

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Cheri rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:37 pm
TSUNAMI WING
HP: 42 - 1 = 41 - 10 = 31 - 4 = 27 - 2 = 25 HP
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 8/+1
Between Accuracy: 7/+2

Round 1, Roll 10

Saved:
Quote:

Giving a bugle of triumph, Fenrith watched with great satisfaction as the thread he had just flamed faded to mere ashes. The large clump had been headed right toward a fellow wingmate. Not today, thread! Illa smirked slightly with amusement, and patted her dragon before once again returning her attention to the fray.

TheWishling rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:38 pm
Queen's Wing
Alumet of Gold Zenobiath
HP: 33
Status Effect: N/A
XP:
Target Accuracy: 4
Flame Length: 1
General Agility: 2
Between Accuracy: 3
Pain Resilience: 1 (+1)
Instinct: 2
Luck: 2

The pair felt confident. Between watching the wings above, and dancing in the air with their flamethrower, both Gold and rider were becoming confident. Alumet was looking up when a small clump caught Zenobiath's leg, a stray blown in sideways. With a bugle of shock, the two flicked Between, then back, the Gold huffing. How irritating. They would carry on.

Round 1: [17] [2] [19] [20] [14] || [7] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
ShinosBee rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:39 pm
TRESPASSERS WING
=Flying First Wave=
Tyila of Green Mishaath
Round 1-7
12(1)15 – 6 – 15
9 – 6 – X – X – X
!!Healing Round!!
Roll: 6 - The healer looks at your wound and starts trying to patch you up. They're not being particularly gentle on you, but you can tell they're quite invested in making sure your wound (or your dragons) heals right! Unfortunately, that's going to take some time. Return Request Denied! Regain +5 HP but re-roll from the Healers Grid! You still haven't been given clearance to return!
HP: 9/19
Status Effect: N/A
XP: 000
Target Accuracy: 3
Flame Length: 2
General Agility: 4
Between Accuracy: 2
Pain Resilience: 2
Instinct: 2
Luck: 4

It was thankfully easy enough for the healers to mob Mishaath and set to work on her. Tired as the green was, just lying still was all she wanted to do. Tyila, shivering and anxious, wouldn't budge from the green's straps, but that didn't matter. The scoring was on Mishaath's flank, and though it wasn't deep, the green's exhaustion was what had the healers keeping them put. For now.  
Kolina rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:41 pm
Queen’s Wing
Ephia of gold Ariath
HP: 39(45)
Status Effect: None

XP: (All new stats earned will be in ()'s for easy calculations later.)
Target Accuracy: 6 (+1)
General Agility: 8
Pain Resilience: 6 (+1)
Instinct: 8

Ariath hadn't seen it, and Ephia only caught the glimmer at the last second before silver met gold. It was minor, and a hop between took care of the small piece of thread.

Ephia frantically looked at the hit wing, but besides a mark, there were no holes to be seen. Still the burn had to have hurt...

I'll be fine. Nothing to worry about and it's certainly not going to make me go back to the Weyr. Ariath tilted her head just enough to glance back at her rider who sat securely to the gold's neck.

If you're certain, then carry on. I'll make sure to oil that as soon as we land though.

Round 1: 8, 2 (+1 to accuracy), 19, 17, 15 (-3 dmg)
Round 2: 15 (-3 dmg), 7 (+1 pain resistance),

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

stella cinere rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:43 pm
Trespassers Wing
D’mos of bronze Phaeth
HP: 36/46
Rounds for Day 1 take 2: 2/5

stella cinere rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:44 pm
Trespassers Wing
D’mos of bronze Phaeth
HP: 36/46 - 10 = 26
Rounds for Day 1 take 2: 2/5

Luck was not on their side, as they attempted to get back into formation a clump of withering mass found its way in their path and still trying to catch some of his breath left Phaeth moved in between. For a moment they seemed out of harm’s way until the writhing mass appeared in front of him sending the oversized bronze wheeling back sending them into another silvery mass. It burned sinking into leather, skin and hide along their back. Even as they moved in between again the pain stretched crawled along their backs as D’mos bit his lower lip sharply to keep from almost yelling out. They had to keep going though they couldn’t go back, not yet.  

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:51 pm

See? Isn't that so much better? Cynosuth asked, her eyes full of happy greens and blues. Now that the pain had begun to fade, he would be able to focus on getting better. ... And also getting much needed stitches from her Dr'stan! The rider was hard at work sewing the dragon back together.

"I need you to work very hard not to tear these stitches," Dr'stan said, frowning slightly in concentration. "You may chew firestone, but do not open your mouth wide. This will take some time to heal properly. You do not want to tear your mouth further. Doing so would make it much harder to get back to work fighting thread. All right?"

Needle weaving in and out with the care of an expert weaver, the weyrling attempted to finish as speedily as possible. "S'del, you will to come to me or another healer when the Fall is finished, because that eye will require tending, and you're going to need to be the one taking care of that. If it were you or I with the injury, some drops would do... but he is significantly larger, and the lens of his eye is thicker. I will also want you to bring him for check-ups so that I can ensure that it's healing."

How nice of you to think of your wingmates like that. Of course it is best if a strong fighter such as yourself intervenes. Cynosuth chirped brightly, trying to cheer up the Bronze all the more. She had taken note of Oyath, and wasn't entirely sure of what to do where the older Green was concerned - was she not wanted? But she needed to help... maybe... maybe she should go away?

My Dr'stan is very careful, and he loves dragons very much.

Uta
houllow

Threadfall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games