Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
It's Now The Monster Mash: The Spooky Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Waiver

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:31 pm
G'ryl and Brown Sarcoth
Sarcoth observed closely as Haukai set to work and gave G'ryl an excellent prognosis. The brown thrummed his pleasure at the news and something akin to relief crashed over him. His had been so close to being ripped to shreds... it was good to know his assessments had be correct – G'ryl was made of stronger stuff, a worth partner. Anything less and, well, Sarcoth would have looked elsewhere.

Intrigued, the brown looked on, absorbing the triage methodology and the ministrations... committed them to memory so as to judge the future care G'ryl would receive. This would serve as a suitable baseline for comparison later.

G'ryl, for his part, heard the news and felt the flood of relief, the surge of positive emotions nearly overwhelming him. Between the numbweed and the relief, he felt giddy and couldn't help the laugh of pure, unadulterated joy that escaped him. Realization began to flood through him as his mind began to register the dual sight, the twining of minds... that the relief he felt was not just his own but Sarcoth's, laced with pride and happiness.

It was the strangest of sensations and one he would never, ever, give up. “Sarcoth...” He glanced over, smiling, “My Sarcoth... you're wonderful.”

Of course I am. Now shush and be still so they can tend your wounds... and don't block my view. He rumbled in response, crooning. With relief, however, came room for other sensations and a sudden, deep pang of hunger settled into the belly of the dragonet strong enough that G'ryl groaned in sympathy. I am so very hungry, Mine. The sooner you are patched up, the sooner we look to feast! Sarcoth looked longingly over at the food buckets.

Then Skylla began minstering Sarcoth's wounds, and those intelligent, bright eyes shifted around to settle on her curiously. He opened his mouth to rumble at her but the sound was cut off by a hiss of indignation at the pain that lanced through the wound as she washed it. He fluttered his wings in protest, Brave but soon dead if you continue such rough ministrations! What are you doing?

When Strigoth finally wandered over, Sarcoth snorted his amusement, Important things to do, hnnn? Yours was hardly going anywhere. He watched as the blue coerced or seduced – it was always difficult to tell – Dolmar into rising. He noted the carefully arranged support with a quirk of the brow before he turned back to G'ryl.

Are you repaired enough yet?
The question was blunt but lacked the judgment his tone often carried, nosing in under the blanket that had been laid over G'ryl.

Sensing his dragon's hunger and fuelled by numbweed and impression, the young man nodded once the healers stepped back and slowly got to his feet. They'd splinted his ankle and he wasn't sure when the stitches had gone in his thigh, but he was wrapped in bandages, robes in tatters... and he was standing, with obvious, and proud, support from his brown. The way the bandages were wrapped around his head, holding a thick gauze of padding against the slash down his face, he seemed well matched with the dragon as they hobbled, slowly, across the sands towards the feeding tables.

When they made it over, G'ryl was obviously sweating – walking on a broken ankle, splint or no, was no simple thing and numbweed could only work so much – and he didn't make it much further into the area than what D'mar had. Sarcoth proceeded to helped settle G'ryl to sitting and hurriedly, deliberately, tugged a blanket or a tablecloth from a nearby surface and dragged it back to his rider, head held high as he tried not to step on the edges too much...

G'ryl arched a brow as the brow sat down beside him and tapped his nose to his rider's shoulder. Slowly, stiffly, G'ryl wrapped the makeshift blanket around his shoulders. “Thank-yo- ah!” Sarcoth had barely waited for the blanket to be fully pulled around before he nosed under it and thrummed with pleasure as G'ryl pulled a bucket of meat over. Wrapped in bandages and blankets, the two looked surprisingly snug.

“Well, we survived... mostly.” G'ryl said, a little hesitantly, to D'mar as their dragons fed. Between the two of them, they looked haggard and war-worn but he couldn't help smiling.

”tatterpixie”

”BastetAmun”

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:35 am
Astriana

Astriana might have thought that surely things would calm down as Angel and Hunter got involved, but how wrong she was. It seemed that things escalated as the two bronzes seemed to be out for blood. The look of satisfaction turned to her eyes flashing alarm. It was worse when Hunter threw his white sibling like a doll, causing the white to lay there, looking dead. Her heart seemed to freeze in her chest, this was not what she had wanted to happen at all. A lesson, yes, but to turn on his white brother that had been helping was wrong. Luckily, several people leapt into action to help the white and seemed the little one even impressed. A bit of relief washed over her, hopefully with the help of his rider, he would be alright. Then another candidate got hurt, having stepped in to try to quell the fighting. A part of her was glad she was in a safe spot, away from all of the action, though wishing she could help some.

Thankfully, the troublesome bronzes managed to impress, causing Astri's heart to start beating again. Good, that meant things might finally calm down and get back to normal. She also didn't miss that Dolmar had impressed to the Vampire blue. She felt a mixture of amusement that it wasn't a bronze and jealousy that he impressed. Pushing those thoughts down, she could only hope that blue wouldn't inflate his ego even more. Her attention returned to the sands, seeing that the golden mother seemed to be looking better. It wasn't long before she found out it was because her rider was doing better, seeing the woman with her own eyes as she arrived. Also, she noted that the blue Banshee was on his father's head, trying to look for his. She was surprised when one of the kitchen staff appeared, seeming determined to get to the blue. Also, she noticed that there were more eggs than had been there for the touching. It seemed that mauve one wasn't the only one who had been buried, there were others. Things seemed a lot lighter now as the danger seemed to be gone and the hatchlings remaining were involved in more normal craziness. Her eyes noticed the Werewolf green, she seemed to be trying to comfort some of the other candidates. It was truly an admirable thing for the little one to do, even if they didn't appear to be her own.

Her own eyes looked back up to the stands, worry filling her, though she was good at masking it. More people were impressing and still none of them were here, would she be left standing again? Then she would be even further behind her brother at becoming a rider. She tried to shake the thoughts from her mind, however, telling herself she was stronger than that. Her twin would tell her that and so would Rowan, along with their uncle. Even if the worry lingered, she tried to square her shoulders and appear more confident than she felt in that moment.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:19 am
Lissa

Feeling worn down to her very soul, Lissa had managed to find an out of the way spot where she'd still be on the sands, but hopefully not in the path of any more... excitable baby dragons. Dolphins didn't act this way at all and she was struck by a sudden sharp stab of homesickness. Shaking the feeling away, she did her best to bury it. The last thing she wanted was for some dragonet to hear or feel her thoughts and think it meant that she hated them or something.

Besides, she thought with some grim amusement, how could she possibly feel so down when she was gifted with the vision of a large bronze with a teensy blue atop it's noggin? Or the crazy little green who seemed so intent on racing about playing. They were cute and it seemed that all the more volatile personalities had settled down.

Therefore, she would calm down and let herself enjoy the rest of the hatching from her not-quite- hidey hole on the sands.

------------

Esfir

Laughing now as the werewolf gave her a final nuzzle, Esfir wiped a hand across her face, trying to erase the tears. As soon as the werewolf ran off to see other people, the girl pushed herself to her feet and really looked at the rest of the sands. There were still so many little dragons left. And now that all the fighting and screaming seemed to be over, it was easier to notice other things. And much easier to look around and see all the different dragonets.

And to smile at the dragons who clearly wanted to be looked at. Bless the little things! And thanks be to Faranth that there weren't any more who seemed to want to fight and hurt anyone.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:18 am
Migel

Migel looked a little wary when Demon approached their group, though the bronze didn't seem to be attacking. He seemed more focused on something else. A grin spread across his face as he realized what was happening. He unfolded his arms, watching in awe as its eyes shifted to rainbow colors. No way! Honestly, this didn't really surprise him that much. If he'd thought about, it seemed to make perfect sense.

"Trust you to get the most violent one of the clutch." he chuckled, nudging Cesare's arm. He was happy for him. And proud. But also...

Also?

He was worried. This was everything he'd feared after coming to the Weyr. His friend was going to be alone. He was going to be alone. He glanced at Shahera, and probably only she would be able to see how uncertain he was as well.

faesinger

Mx Cherie

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:19 am

THIS...

WAS A FUN GAME! Goblin had her jaws around Egg Shell White egg, trying to get the entire thing into her mouth. Not to eat, but... play! PLAY!

Only, she couldn't get it in her mouth. It was too big. Scrabble, scrabble. She wanted to plaaaay. Play. Play with heeerrrr!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:22 am
Isilje

Oh goodness, what was little Goblin doing. She seemed to be trying to get one of her siblings in her mouth. Her hand moved to her lips as she fought a mixed giggle and sound of worry. That little green was so playful.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:45 am
Slowly, Shahera’s world righted itself. Well, this will at least keep things interesting, she thought.

As Migel spoke she internally winced. Not a good thing to say right then, at least according to her. His discomfort and uncertainty were clearer than he intended, at least to her. She had sympathy for the boy, really she did, and she worried about what he would do. How would he fare? At the same time, she also knew that this might be for the best. Migel was a little too dependent on Cesare for somethings.

“Go, Cesare.”

Mx Cherie

DruidTigeress

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:46 am
The Werewolf & Greenest Green Egg
The little green werewolf gave Jagmund one last supportive nuzzle -- yes, that was much better, eve though she could tell he was in pain -- before she took off again among the Candidates. She was here to play! And spread cheer! And while she wanted to go play with Goblin, she also had to stop and chase her brother the Hellhound as he went flying by!

Awoo?

She stopped chasing him when he seemed to be going right for his, and with a happy creel, wished him well.

Turning back around she instead saw the Greenest Green Egg go flying by, and with a happy screech took off after it! Eggs on legs! Go, go, go! Now there were not one, but two beings, flying around the Sands.

Oh joyous of joyous days! It was a great day to be alive!

Plummy Plum Blue
The blue dragonet couldn't help but sneak among the Candidates. He crawled upon his belly, as if no one would see him, and then gave a loud screech behind Astriana. With a playful n**, the little blue sent laughter at the girl, hoping to break her out of her thoughts, before going back in to find a new victim.

The Plaid Brown
The brown continued to stalk among the Candidates, pausing now and then to look at a boy here, a girl there. It was clear he was searching for his, but who would it be? He let his wings fold back, and he moved with confidence. If anyone got in his way, he'd push them aside, and non-too-gently. Where was his among this group?

The Peacock Blue Egg
The egg's fine cracks continued to build, until finally, the egg began to crumble. A ripple ran through the egg, and a green dragon rolled onto the Sands with a slightly undignified cheep. Still, it did not take her long to right herself, and she stared up at the Candidates. Shaking off her egg goo, the green did not hesitate to flip her neck back and begin to poke her way through the Candidates. She'd curl a lip in disgust at Phayton, and a haught sniff at Vennodren. Kiri was given a little nuzzle, but the green moved on. Martirae was given another little boop, and a wave of fond approval, but once again, the little green carried on. Another disgusted sneer at Jagmund and she carried on. Where was hers?

The Mustard Yellow Egg
It would give another shake before a large crack appeared down its middle. Finally, with a shrug, the rest of the egg broke and a blue rolled haphazardly into the sands. Whoops! With a creel, it looked up to stare in awe at the Candidates.

The Eggshell White Egg
The egg would continue to shake and wobble. When the Goblin appeared, it seemed to continue to shake. It wanted out! Keep it up, little green!

The Mauve Blue
Stop! Cease! Desist! The blue would continue to try to will its wild sisters into place, but without much luck. Still, he hurried through. He spotted something interesting, and walked up to where The Zombie, The Wraith, and Farensil were standing. WAKE UP! LIVE! MOVE! He spread his wings and gave a loud honk. MOVE!! He tried to will Farensil too. BE GONE! GO! Look at his awesome power and influence.

The Zombie Green
Meh.

The Wraith Green
She would give a yawn, and stare at the girl, but do nothing. Who was this again? Hmmm.

SilverLutz

Ruhane Chiisai

tatterpixie

demon_pachabel

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:04 am

Casgar considered P'tius's words for a long moment. "I sympathize with your desire to have Jacomus close at hand, but I'm sure you'll be pleased to know how well he fits in at Western." And indeed, how happy, genuinely happy Jacomus was to be there! It resolved an issue between dragon and rider seamlessly, leaving nothing but contentment behind. "So indeed, welcome. Ah, Nemo. I've never understood their love of the cold, myself, but to each their own, I suppose."

Watching the goings on on the sands, Casgar did not see any further maulings, for the time being. "Mm, they do seem to be finished with their violent behavior," he agreed. "Let us hope that they choose to remain peaceable for the duration of the Hatching." The remainder, anyway. It seemed that he'd unfortunately missed quite a bit. Settling in against Jacomus with a purely internal sigh, he patted his shoulder to invite Marsh to land.

--

The world once again swam into focus as Migel spoke, as Migel nudged him. "I wouldn't have predicted this," C'sar said, even as Illiandinth shoved his head possessively into the crook of his arm. "But I can't say that I'm displeased." You are ecstatic, as you should be. Not that C'sar would ever have shown that outwardly. In spite of the brief display of foolish emotion, he was in better control than that. Come, my C'sar. Let us show them how this is done.

Staring down into that surprisingly purple gaze, the newly minted rider quirked a brow in mute inquiry. "Shahera. Migel. I'll see you both at the Feast, if not sooner. I trust that you'll be in one piece when next we see each other." They were certainly both sensible enough to know when to step out of the way if trouble came their way. He trusted that they would keep each other safe, and the look he gave Migel said enough. Said it all, really. They didn't need words. They never had.

C'sar.

Gathering his dignity about him like a grand cloak, the new Bronzerider strode away from his past... toward where his future awaited. He only hoped that his friends would come to join him there in time. Don't think of them, Mine. Think of me. Only of me. And so began the long struggle.

Andranis
DruidTigeress
faesinger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:12 am
~Phayton~

Eggs were cracking open and more dragonets were spilling out! Phayton watched with a small thrill as a little green hatchling shelled from a beautiful peacock blue egg started wandering amongst the candidates, eventually approaching him. Hello, little girl, welcome! Am I the one for you? He filled his thoughts with love and warmth, and reached out a hand to touch the dragonet's head. She responded with nothing less than a sneer before moving on.

"Huh," he said to Jailla as the green continued her search. "I've never been so completely snubbed by a dragon before." He actually felt a little hurt, but he shrugged it off. With all the other dragonets on the sands, there was sure to be one for him!

Thaliawen

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:21 am

The plaid brown dragon continued to search high and low among the crowd, before something finally caught his eye. He paused when the Egg-On-Legs almost mowed a group of Candidates down, and he gave a small snort of amusement. Ah, but it was not the egg that had his attention, but someone in the group.

Strutting over, the brown dragon did not hesitate. The girls were utterly ignored, for it was Lennik that this brown had wanted. Giving a loud, happy bugle, his eyes whirled rainbow as he found his missing piece. He pushed his head firmly into the others chest, and if he swatted at the other girls with his wings to give him space, well, that couldn't be helped and he was not at all sorry about it.

This was his and he would share him with no one else.

My heart, my love, my Lennik. Tear yourself away from these others, and follow your Hessianth for now and for always. Together, we will be unstoppable, and the world will come to know our names. The brown wanted nothing more than to share this moment wit the boy and no one else. Pity he had to be surrounded by so many.

User Image

demon_pachabel

Meepfur

Tsunake

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:32 am
Yevalee

Yevalee looked up as if just realizing where they were, which with the press of hunger slowly fading wasn't truly that far off. "Ooh, thank you and..." They held out their wounded arm, blood crusted and slight red from irritants. "Could I get something to clean and wrap my arm in? I know there are worse hurt but it would be a lot easier to fed her."

Gallath gave a displeased noise as a voice spoke about slowing down, she was hungry now! A chunk of met distracted her and she took it, chewing some what grumpily and swallowed. Who was she to tell her to slow down when she was still slow hungry and ooh yes.
A second chunk and more chewing, Gallath pressed against her bonded's thighs and the bucket, eyes beseeching. More please.

Masterharper
Weyrlingmaster Liat

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:37 am

User Image

APATEMINE! COME HELP! I cannot open this egg, please help me? The Goblin pouted as she attempted to free her sibling, as yet unsuccessfully. She wanted so much to play, but she couldn't break the shell. Your Dokkaeth has tried so hard, but... the shell is too hard! He had helped her once before, surely he would do so again! PLAY! Come plaaaaay! Oh, she just wanted to play with her sibling, and the egg shell had her stumped. Finally, she sat down on her rump, defeat in every line of her. How could she play if she couldn't get the egg open?

stella cinere

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:40 am
If he was just a touch concerned when the brown came strutting over, he couldn't help it, not after the violence some of its siblings had been inclined to, but fortunately this was not such a one.  It just wanted Lennik!  Rio broke into a delighted grin, though it did slip just a touch at the wing-swats to the girls, and he would reach out to steady them if either Isilje or Alya required it.

"Well, I guess you can stop keeping count now!" He would have given the new brownrider a friendly thump on the shoulder, but...his dragon seemed to want space, so Rio settled for grinning some more.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Meepfur
Crew

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:51 am
Isilje

Oh! That little brown had Impressed Lennik. It made her smile to think that her new friend had a lifebond. She couldn't help but feel a tiny pang in her chest, but her arm took Rio's as he steadied her from the slight bat of the Brown's wings. It was a tiny scratch on her leg through her robes, nothing to worry about. Completely normal, honestly, at least in Isilje's mind. All of this was so lovely. So many people finding Theirs. "This is so wonderful." She had to fight the urge to follow the slight feeling of lonliness that threatened to overwhelm her. Goggles moved over her eyes to hide her thoughts, the smile on her lips still wide.

Meepfur

Tsunake

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games