Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mystery Hatching] A Mysterious Kind of Folk Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:35 pm
Phryana and Gold Kleoth

Rumbling with pleasure, Kleoth rubbed her cheeks against both of Leoth's in turn, her bliss so strong that even Phryana couldn't keep from smiling. And I for you, sister! Hiccups aside, today went exactly as it should have. Here together, surrounded by family and friends to welcome them into the world! Even if it was rather dark. There's so much to do, so many people to meet! But, that can wait until all of our siblings have arrived. She conceded after a moment, not wanting to get ahead of herself.

Phryana had been eyeing Sorsha contemplatively, already aware that... this young woman would be someone she would be in close proximity to, given Kleoth's adoration for her twin. To be greeted so earnestly was pleasing--genuinely, she realized. "Phryana," She offered, not bothering to attempt to disguise the rasp in her voice. "Thank you. Your Leoth is just as fetching." Which meant they were the prettiest pair of dragons in the world, as far as she was concerned. And while the golds were alike all the way down to their tail tips, Sorsha was small and pale while she was tall and dark. No less beautiful for it, but it was an amusing contrast.

As she carefully continued to cut up meat for her beloved, Phryana spoke once more--almost absently, as though just sharing her thoughts. "I never quite dreamed a dragon would find me." Here, or at High Reaches, or anywhere. "And now I wonder why I ever doubted." A laugh escaped her before she could stop it, and she ruefully shook her head.

Kleoth paused to briefly press herself against her rider, and again, Phryana found herself drowning in the well of complete and utter love the little queen had for her. She loved her. It was enough to make her laugh again, in both disbelief and awe.

She paused when Tecuanith's rider spoke, thoughtfully filing his name away. Introduce yourself! This is your family! Kleoth chided good-naturedly, and Phryana gave a start. "Phryana," She spoke to the gathered weyrlings after a moment, well aware of the harsh timber of her voice. "....I'm pleased to meet you all."

tatterpixie
For Sorsha and Leoth!

medigel
o hai Nikal

--

Bukichi

Before he could continue down the tunnelsnake hole of his own thoughts, the arrival of familiar faces forced him to focus on what was happening around him. Kainna, Vitryx. People he both knew, and while he may not have the deep friendship with either of him that he did Aryale... that didn't mean, he realized, that he couldn't. Even if Aryale was now a Weyrling, she was still here. Still at Western, where she would train and learn to fight an enemy that Bukichi could never face with his fists and feet.

Vitryx's heartfelt congratulations nearly made him wince, well aware that his first thoughts had been the opposite of charitable. Would he really begrudge this little green for finding Hers? The dragon who had resonated so deeply with Aryale ever since she'd touched her shell? He remembered her expression even now, how animated she'd become when they'd compared their experiences after the initial Touching.

Did he think himself that much more important than the bond between dragon and rider?

A slightly uncertain smile was given to both Kainna and Vitryx even as his thoughts whirled about like leaves caught in a storm. "Yaguareth," He repeated, taken aback by the surety of Aryale's tone. He himself had tried to drive her out, causing confusion and hurt that he still didn't quite understand.... but here was a partner for her that would never, ever leave her.

"She's beautiful." Bukichi said again after a while, and this time, he did not think he needed to struggle to mean it. "Aryale..." He struggled briefly, trying to find the words. In the end, he didn't think he needed them. "Congratulations." He said honestly, staring her in the eye. "....I don't know anyone who deserves it more."

And he meant it.

demon_pachabel

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:37 pm
The young Teal and Yellow Spiral blue dragon stretched out like a feline as Fisher, Rio, and Rasthell all approached. His eyes whirled a happy blue-green, and he made sure that all three found themselves wrapped up in nothing but fondness. Whenever their hands found a spot he liked, he'd give a happy purr.

This. Was. The. Life.

He eventually rolled to his back, wanting his chest and tummy scratched.

Still, he heard the haters out there, each one judging, each one talking about silly rule. You three are all amazing. You heard my plea, and you answered. Any of my siblings would be lucky to choose you. He sighed with contentment, even as one of his eyes turned toward a few Candidates just staring.

Let them be jealous. If they didn't want him, so be it. He had everything he needed right here.

Meepfur

houllow

- - -

Candy Cane Blue gave his sister another affectionate boop to the snoot, before letting his eyes whirl a bright blue-green. Ladies first, dearSister. There are a good many out there... Let them get a nice look of us, hmm? He would follow his sister for now... at least until he had somewhere else to be.

- - -

Nanner Brown continued his search. No. No. Ew. Please. Lady. Lady. Lady. No. No. No. Idiot. Disgusting. Gross. Was this really the best Western Weyr had to offer? While the brown hadn't thought he had high expectations, none of these white robed Candidates seemed to be what he needed.

But again, life was full of disappointments, and the brown knew sometimes you had to dig through a lot of dirt before you found a gem... So. He continued on. Someone out there must be it, after all.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:39 pm
Dsharmira of Green Zhaoruith

When Leoth came over, Zhaoruith bristled and only the thought that Leoth was beneath her and there was no need to lower herself kept Zhaoruith from snapping back. Thank you. She responded cooly to Leoth. It is good that you found yours. Zhaoruith didn’t exactly wish Leoth to be dead after all.

If Dsharmira noticed Nikal’s uncomfortableness, and she had noticed the double take, she made no indication of it. It could just be because she was a stranger for all she knew. “A pleasure to meet you. And you as well, Tecuanith. Thank you for assisting Zhaoruith on the Sands.” She smiled down at the young green dragon. She looked back at Nikal, who she assumed by default she would be seeing a lot of if her dragon’s fondness was anything to judge. “I am afraid I am a little at a loss of what to do after this. The gentleman here was kind enough to explain the immediate requirements,” she nodded to the weyrlingmaster assistant, “and I know there is a feast, but after that…what is life at the Weyr like?” She only had stories to go off of so far. And she knew how inaccurate stories could be.

tatterpixie

medigel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:41 pm
Vesden | High Reaches | He/Him

Ah, good, good, the new bronze seemed perfectly fine, not even upset with his brother bumping him out of his egg. Each peaceful interaction made Vesden feel just a bit more at ease, those who waited longer to hatch seemed more patient and cooperative overall. No one even seemed upset with everyone paying attention to the affectionate little blue. They were all good babies, but he had to say those left on the sands were exceptionally good babies.  

Stygian Supernaut

Sparkly Husband

6,925 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:45 pm
Serfie shook her head, "nope... we were told no" she said, staying where she was, possibly she still felt slightly dizzy too and staying put was safer than moving and risking stumbling onto her already injured wrist. It wasn't that she didn't want to interact with a dragon, but she could NOT screw up her chances, she had no other purpose at the weyr, if she didn't Stand... then why was she even there?

medigel

~~~~~~~~~~

Helane caught the eye of the blue asking for scritches and groaned, she had wanted to go pet him as he'd asked but she couldn't afford to make another mistake like last time.

~~~~~~~~~~

Farellen felt the judging eye of the blue but he stood by his decision, he'd broken rule once and lost an eye, he'd worked to shaffing hard to mess it up now.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:52 pm
Harol | He/Him | Western (Stands)

More notes scribbled, brief descriptions were jotted down for those candidate names he wasn’t familiar with. None had been a student of his that he could recall. None so far, he corrected his thought. There were still so many on the move, yet to find theirs. As exciting as watching was, his far too few hours of sleep brought a yawn from him, though it was interrupted by the chuckle from the sight of the walking egg. The brothers were sweet and the brown seemed intent on his hunting, some blues and greens were too, to varying degrees. Good, good.  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:55 pm
Brenley

He honestly didn't know the answer to that, having never attended a hatching before this one. "I don't think so. This is the first time I've done this and I..." He was careful not to look at the brown that was still stalking around, focusing on the more sedate dragons that remained unimpressed. "I wouldn't say it was stupid to fear death. I think we just have to be careful. Back to back next time." Bren wasn't going to move now. It would attract too much attention.

medigel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:56 pm
X'teis of Brown Damisath, he/him
As X'teis set his dragon down, he became aware of those around him. What must they think of him, acting so foolishly? Rushing past other dragonets, who could have hurt him, to scoop up his bonded and grin like some idiotic child? He flushed with embarrassment, but Damisath was quick to soothe that over. You are the smartest of any of those on the sands. How can you think you were idiotic? He nuzzled his rider, who cupped Damisath's head in his hands.

Oh, Damisath, he thought, You are perfect. Still, he felt a bit silly, being so consumed by emotion. It wasn't like him. He was logical, he was perfect, or...he tried, anyways. With a mental prod, however, and the rumbling of human and draconic stomach alike, X'teis was reminded of what he had to do. Before he could get settled, however, one of the golds, Kleoth, reached out towards them, and X'teis paused. Did he want to go over there? More importantly, did Damisath?

I am sure that chatting while I eat will be more interesting than just eating. Besides, if it gets dull...well, it takes a lot of focus to adjust to a bond, whether you are dragon or rider, right? With a twinkle in his eye, the brown padded over to Kleoth and plopped down. Hello, sisters and brothers, he said in greeting, towards all the hatchlings, but his pleasant greeting was overshadowed by the hungry edge in his voice.

The edge of literal hunger, that was.

Now, this eating thing--this he wanted to try. Eagerly, he dug into Xahteis's mind--the mind he could never find dull or drab--for memories of food and eating. Oh, that seemed delightful! How exciting! As Damisath sat down by his sister, as well as the other nearby dragons, he opened his mouth. Food in! This had better be as awesome as it sounded, because he was hungry, and absolutely so, so done with this hatching business. Thank Faranth it was all over...and then there was the feast. Hopefully that wouldn't be too dull of an affair. But then they'd have lessons...ugh. Damisath wondered if the classes would challenge him, or be more suited to some of his other siblings. Or rather, all of them, as none could compare to his intelligence. Not that he'd say that!

Rather than dumping all the food into Damisath's mouth, as the brown had hoped, X'teis took it piece by piece, carefully evaluating his dragon after each feeding. Damisath groaned. Way to make eating more dull, X'teis! He did savor it more, though, but the pressing hunger drove him to frustration. I don't want you to choke! X'teis sighed. He was only doing what he was supposed to, and doing it well! Damisath gave his reluctant agreement, but if he was the one with hands, oh, you KNOW he would be gorging himself.

X'teis, for his part, gave Kleoth's rider a glance. She was nice, to have invited them over, he supposed, so he gave her a bit of a nod of acknowledgement, before turning back to his dragon. He had to focus!

Quote:
Any and all new weyrlings, especially those close to Kleoth!

Tsunake
Kleoth (and Phry)

sariraii

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:00 pm

A certain Candidate had his eye on someone that wasn't him.

Well wait a minute... While his brother certainly deserved some time in the limelight, he didn't want him hogging all the attention now! Especially not from the one being that was His.

Heeeeeeey! If you're not going to give him some sweet loving, you sure as heck better give me some. To heck with those rules! Farellan, come lay some sugar on your best Issoirath, and check out these wings! The dragon spread one wing open, craning his neck to boop it, before spreading wide the other, and turning his head to give that one a little boop, too. Oh yeah!

The Night Sky dragon absolutely posed, waiting patiently, and with all the love, tenderness, and sweetness for His to hurry on over. This wasn't just his moment, it was their moment, and Issoirath thought it would only be perfect if he was picture perfect.

User Image
Revel1984

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:04 pm
Cuzon
IMPRESSION POST

Cuzon raised a brow at Helane as she levelled him with a slightly deranged grin. But he didn't hold it against her. Takes all kinds to make a world and all that. Besides she had been nothing but kind and welcoming since he had approached her and she had clearly cheered up which in turn gave him the warm fuzzies. He helped.
"Well can't blame them for that." he noted not willing to really put to much into the conversation while he was still focused on way ward babies.

He had no intentions of getting mauled. It looked painful. Also, slight chance of death which he was not on board with.

Which was why when the green suddenly turned and practically charged them Cuzon made another attempt at side stepping back into the crowd and out of the line of fire. But this time he found his arm yanked back by Helane. She hadn't pulled him but she was frozen in place with a look of hope fixed on the green.
Next to the built hardened sea crafter Cuzon was a pampered twig. He wasn't strong enough to make her go anywhere she didn't want to. He was about to try again but it was too late.

The green baby was upon them. Cuzon took a step back but the hatchling snatched up his robe and held him in place. She seemed quite keen to keep him in place as well. But at least she had bitten his robe and not him.
Cuzon didn't have time to weight his options before the most beautiful voice he had ever heard flooded his mind.
It was crisp and clear but had a child's innocence...and a child's whine mixed into it.

There you are! Oh, Papa told me to Impress, so he can meet you after the Hatching, and here you are! The best of the bunch! Oh, isn't your Sonorienth the best dragon? You are happy, right? Those are the rules, and you gotta--you gotta follow the rules, you know, else I'm gonna tell Mama!

"Here I am." Cuzon agreed. Dazed and trying to hold his new torrent of emotions to their usual steady flow and easy course. Even if he was fighting a loosing battle. "I am very happy I couldn't ask for a better dragon." He promised the green. And stunned and in love with this beautiful creature. He was still speaking out loud while his brain realigned from 'me' to 'us.'

His words seemed to mollify his new bonded though and she gave his robe a gentle tug. That's good. We should go to the feeding station now. Once a dragon impresses they should move off the sands.

Cuzon wasn't going to argue. Though he was sad to be parted from Helane, didn't seem right to leave her on her own again. He gave her hand a parting squeeze before he was pulled away by Sonorienth who marched him across the sands with her head up like a feline bringing home a dead wherry. Look what I caught. Arn't you proud of me?

Indeed Sonorienth called out to Teth as they passed. "Look Papa I found him! Just like you told me to.
He should be proud of her now right? She was doing what a hatchling should do, not running around like some of her siblings. A good green.

It didn't take Sonorienth long to march her new bonded all the way into the feeding pit. Cuzon gave a lazy wave to all of those that were already gathered their with their dragons.

Revel1984
I know Helane has moved on but she still gets a mention XD .

houllow
For baby saying hello to Teth.

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:09 pm
FISHER

"Hmmm? Yanno, not to brag, but I'm pretty good at rubs an' scratches from turns'a practice. My dads even told me I could probably tame a feline with my skills." Fisher had indeed spent many a night over the turns rubbing backs and shoulders, scratching itches, so she was a bit of a pro. There was a little catch to this though, as she looked at the exposed belly. "Tell ya what, you find yer lifemate an' come back an' see me when it's done. I'll teach 'em a few tricks that will have you purrin' for more."

Fisher was certain there'd be Between to pay from the Candidatemasters (both Weyrs) for touching a dragonet like this but eh! If she could convince it to find a lifemate she could say there was more good than harm and maybe they'd get off her back. At the very least she'd have the memory of being able to scratch a dragonet to take back with her home.

Wherever that was. High Reaches? A boat?

Uta
she talkin to baby blue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:15 pm
Mint Chocolate Chip wiggled with affectionate mirth as she watched all the scritches and pets pour out upon the rolling blue. All these silly Candidates, and her silly brother! It was so much fun to watch… but suddenly, her own hide seemed to itch a little, right there on the nose. She turned her head to reach over with a hind leg and scratch the spot, but let out a gasp instead.

…You!

She’d been this close the whole time?! The green scurried over as quickly as her little paws could take her, pushing her own nose into the girl’s outstretched hand. If you want to touch someone, touch me! Your Neuwith will take all the scratches you can give, dearest Taibbi! She leaned back for just a moment to give the girl a quick look up and down, taking in the sight of her with whirling rainbow eyes. And perhaps, after we eat… maybe a bath? I promise it will be fun, if we’re together!

User Image

Princess_Feylin

Teiha

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:48 pm

The blue dragon was, perhaps, a bit disappointed that more hands weren't on him. There had been some mighty good scratching buddies in the egg, but it seemed like things were different now that hew as hatched. Strange, really, but here they were....

The dragon took a moment to look upon Fisher, before heaving a sigh and rolling to his feet. Oh sweetheart, don't you worry. Mine knows every trick in the book. He easily slipped out of the grasp of the trio, and made one large circle around them, giving his wings a large stretch, showing off to all the Candidates at everything they had missed out upon.

But he didn't have to go far. In fact, the blue immediately turned right around, and this time, shoved himself right up against Rio.

Privately to him, the blue dragon spoke. Isn't that right, RioMine? You were certain you were everybody else's good luck charm, but really, all you were doing was waiting for me. The dragon leaned into him, hoping to instigate a more tactile moment. In case Rio doubted his devotion, his fondness, his ultimate love, he added, Your Tierboskath will always love you best. Won't you be Mine, love? For now and for always?

Surely he was worth the wait, wasn't he? He might not have been white like Rio's ladies had Impressed, but he was strong, capable, and thoroughly handsome.

User Image

Meepfur

houllow

Uta
Yes, Rasthell was there, petting bby blue.

How kind of Candy Cane to offer! Eggshell Green’s eyes whirled happy violet for a moment, and she crooned her approval. Now, where to look first? She glanced around, sidling to turn her whole body as she made a full circle on the spot, making sure she checked the entire cavern. There was, however, no doubt as to where she planned to go. That corner of the sands was hopping!

She led the way at a fast trot to where Teal and Yellow Spiral Blue was entertaining his guests. It was a grand sight, though some of the guests were a little shy. But others were downright friendly, even some who normally weren’t so—

Her eyes whirled bright yellow at the thoughts of one Candidate in particular. Back home? …But this is your home. With me!

The green leapt across the remaining space between them and put her paws up on one of the larger Candidates, reeeeeeeaching toward their face with her urgently-snuffling nose. Fisher, you’re going to stay with your Euxanth, right? You won’t leave, will you?

User Image

houllow

Teiha

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Well! This was all very exciting, but Sunset green thought she'd spotted someone veeerrry interesting. Someone, one might say, meant for her. So, padding between the Candidates, she came to rest near that special someone.

Hello! she said brightly, chirping happily because she'd been so clever finding hers without any trouble at all! Take that, sisters. She was ready to play, and had found her perfect playmate.

Are you hiding, my Lesta? If you are, I don't mind, but I'm not very good at sneaking, so we can't play hide and seek. Okay? Not to mention that that was so much work, and she just wanted to Impress! Your Auratath is hungry, and wants to see everyone else! Let's go play, okay?

User Image

Teiha

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas