Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Zenobiath's Hatching] In Their Eyes Shine Stars Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:47 pm
[ka'ia & bronze argamath - he/him - HR]

Argamath's lip curled in a slow sneer at the complete lack of recognition he received--no response, nothing. To scorn him was one thing, but to do the same to His?
Unforgivable. Inexcusable. Heinous.
Ka'ia simply watched as Haveli left the Sands, breathing a quiet sigh of--disappointment, for one, but there was far more than simply that brewing in his heart. Argamath's fierce love came burning in to sweep it away, or at least as much of it as he could eradicate so quickly. That some remained behind in spite of his best efforts was yet another slight to this most important day, but--the Bronze would allow His his time to simmer. Gently, he pressed himself closer to Ka'ia, his warmth helping to keep him in the moment.

"I-- Sorry. I'm a bit...distracted, unfortunately." Ka'ia gave a half-shrug, eyes still on Haveli for just a few seconds more. D'rok's question was still sitting there, unattended to--but Argamath had an answer for that, fortunately.
We'll be visiting the Healers momentarily, of course. he began, nudging Ka'ia as subtly as he could. "O-- Of course. I'd thought to give Maestoth and His enough time to be attended to before going over there myself."
Kourith's presence posed another problem, one that Ka'ia hadn't foreseen. The Blue's thoughts were in no way private, and he knew that had been decidedly intentional--he could feel the deep rumble of a growl building up in Argamath's chest, and he placed a hand on his Bronze's shoulder to try and put a stop to it before it progressed any further. Argamath was already displeased at his earlier treatment, and Kourith was coming dangerously close to rousing his ire as well--
No. No, my love, calm yourself. You're above such base displays, aren't you?
Of course I a-- A sudden pause. Argamath turned toward him, giving a short huff. Rather devious of you, that is.
I'm aware. Will you do it for me, though? Play nice, just this once?
...just this once.
Thank you, darling.

Ka'ia returned Verica's nod with one of his own, although the accompanying smile was a touch less bright than she perhaps deserved. Wasn't she one of the twins he'd seen in classes? She was certainly easy to pick out now, though.
"The pleasure is mine, Verica." To his credit, Ka'ia was quick to regain his composure, sitting up just a bit straighter as he tried to push himself past what had just happened. He had to take things as they came, and--well, Verica and Kourith were the first to come his way. Their way, as he corrected himself. "I'm-- Ah. Ka'ia now, I suppose. Going to take a bit to get used to that, I think."

houllow
[titanic theme, recorder version]

demon_pachabel

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:25 pm
IMPRESSION POST
R’uun [HR] - 17 - he/him/his - Weyrling of Green Indarrath

His heart trembled in his chest. Ruunan watched without saying a word, distant from his own mind, as the greens and bronze seemed to pick Theirs. Rainbows erupted. Claps were made to resonate across the grounds. He continued to smile, vague and floaty as ever.

His attention sharpened as Kyzier rejoined him, and he managed a jovial smile for his fellow candidate. “Maybe they just don’t know how to handle such greatness?” Ruunan found himself answering, before realising it might have sounded like sass. Oh no! He hadn’t meant it that way! “I mean, ah. Er… I mean more like that you are great, and they haven’t realised it. But a dragon will! I know a dragon will. Who couldn’t, right?” He tripped and fumbled over his words in an effort to get them out, to smooth over the situation. Still sheepish, he ran a hand through tousled curls, preying the sands would swallow him whole. He should just… not speak. Ever again. Anyways, Kyzier could handle that part for both of them.

His attention drifted once more back to the String of Lights green, and how determined she seemed now… more regal than ever, every step measured, she made her way… towards them. Was this it? Was Kyzier’s destiny clasped in such poised and graceful talons?

Soft, steady wings enveloped him, warm and safe- and he was thrown back in an instant to that time, not so long ago, on these very sands… when the touch of a dragon’s mind had saved him from the fury of its siblings, when its gentle embrace had protected him against the worst of the world. He felt it now, flooding through his body, coursing through his soul: love, affection, devotion and pride… it swept through him, a tumultuous rush of emotions he could not control. Tears slid down his face as he sank to his knees, wrapping willing arms around her neck… Indarrath’s neck, as he knew now. How gentle she was, how kind, how perfect and sweet… His heart was ready to burst from the treasure of love she bestowed upon him, and he wept into her soft, verdant hide.

She accepted him. She saw into his mind, his heart, his soul, and decided he was worthwhile.

He cried more, steady sobs that shook his body even as he clung to her. She gave a gentle, reassuring croon, nosing his face, his curls, as if promising him she would never leave. It would be okay. He could trust her, he could believe her. She knew in her hearts what forged him, what made him different from the others…

I need you, my Ruunan… We are bound together, in this love that will never fade. Please let me carry your heart, and in turn I trust you with mine... Her voice was soft and gentle, nurturing as she pressed herself against him in the closest, tightest of hugs.

Ruunan drew a deep breath, nodding as he fought to get his emotions under control. His fears… were gone, strangely, and yet he had not been left with that dreadful numbness as had happened at that other hatching… instead, he felt… ready. Renewed. Somehow, Indarrath had lifted a veil that clouded his gaze and turned his world to grey. She knew what the world was and how to manage it- and he could follow in the path she was so confident in walking. By her side, he felt… stronger than ever, and more fearless…

“Indarrath… You are… everything. Everything I could have wanted. Everything I could have imagined, soaring far beyond my wildest dreams…” And yes, he had been scared of dragons, and fighting Thread, and disappointment and failure… but that would not be a problem: she was here, Indarrath was here and all would be well.

The young poised green turned to Kyzier as Ruunan stood, unfurling her wings. You have a strength in your heart that is a testament both to your kindness and courage. Thank you, for watching over my rider whilst I sought to help others… Keep believing in yourself, and your dreams will become a reality. She nuzzled the candidate’s hand gently, then bumped her rider’s legs.

It is time for us to join the others. Let us eat...

Ruunan cough-laughed, drying his face of the tears he had so shamlessly cried. “I… thanks for standing by me, Kyzier. I… I hope I can see you at the Feast!” He didn’t have enough words to express his thanks properly. He hoped that when he was a little more sensical and less sleepy, he would.

The tables of meat were bustling with activity, and Ruunan swallowed his nerves. Indarrath was gracefully unphased, and moved to stand near others. Ah, how lovely it is to see you all out of the shell... Though her mind strayed to food, there was genuine, warm pleasure in her mindvoice. She took a piece from Ruunan’s quivering hand, practically gulping it down.

“Take it easy, I don’t want you to choke…” He murmured, reaching out to pat her… which he realised he hadn’t done. He hadn’t been able to appreciate her truly, consumed as he was by the emotions that had ripped him up inside. He glanced around the gathered weyrlings, suddenly painfully aware that, unlike his sister, he had been sharding awful at staying on top of names and faces and remembered almost nobody.

What. A. Dimglow.

I am here, and you deserve to be here too. We will meet them all soon enough- focus on this one moment, and the rest will come with time.

sariraii
For Kyzier too. <3

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:59 pm
Alosha - Bet Tracking

As the final dragons made their impressions, Alosha took the time to look away from such tender scenes to finally compare her studious note-taking to the bets that had warranted such things. She hummed softly, scratching out certain bets that either had no come to pass....or simply both parties had guessed far too well!

With that in mind, though....hmm!

She would see to these later, then.

Faesinger:
Moirath bets that the third green to impress to a girl will not be the third green to impress. - WIN, third green to impress was only second to a girl!
Alosha bets the third green to impress to a girl will be the third green to hatch. - Loss! Third green to hatch was second to impress to a girl!

Magna:
The Ding Dong egg will hold a gold AND it will impress to Nala. - LOSS
Alosha is betting that Nalacko will impress one of the first 5 dragons to hatch. - LOSS

Tatter:
Z'haq bets that five dragons will be Impressed by Western Candidates,
2/5 - LOSS
Alosha has bet that the majority of Western Candidates to impress will be girls - more than half.
0/2 - LOSS

Z'haq There will be three bronzes shelled. -3/3 - Win (Double win with Alosha negates both wins!)
Alosha has bet that more than half of the metallics clutched will impress to High Reaches Candidates.
3/3 - WIN

Feylin:
T'of is betting that the average age of the people who actually Impress dragons will be 20. - LOSS, the average age was 21!

Alosha bets that the average age of female candidates that impress will be 18 - LOSS! The average age was 20 (and there were only 5! Hoo boy you go ladies!)

Zaikt:
Kaiator bets that Candidate Haveli will Impress to a male dragon. - Loss!
Alosha bets that Haveli impresses a dragon that is smaller than the average size listed on the size chart of the front page! - Null

Symm:
Ruunan will Impress a green dragon. - WIN (NULL FOR ALOSHA WINNING TOO)
Alosha has bet Ruunan will impress a dragon larger than the average size on the Size chart on the front page. - WIN, MAX GREEN! (NULL FOR ALOSHA WINNING TOO)
More Western candidates will Impress than HR. - LOSS
Alosha has bet at least 2/3rds of the Weyrlings will be High Reaches Candidates. - WIN
14/17 HR
2/17 Western
1/17 Standidate - Not candidate, doesn't count!

Persi:
Tuelarua bets that Rahmsii will impress in the first half of impressions. -- Loss
Alosha bets that Rahmsii will impress a dragon who is in the first half of eggs that hatch. -- Loss
Tuelarua also bets that bronzes will go to more HR boys than Western ones. - WIN (Bet Null for both Wins)
3/3
Alosha bets that a metallic dragon will hatch from one of the first 4 eggs to hatch. - Win (Bet Null for both Wins)

Phil:
Soui is betting Dehka will Impress - LOSS
Alosha bets that if Dehka does impress it is to a male dragon. - NULL

Hatching Order:
Starry Night (Brown), Holly (Blue), Lump of Coal (Bronze), Blue Ornament (Green), Snowman (Blue), Rudolph (brown), Ding Dong (Blue), Santa (Bronze), Caroling Note (Green), Elf Stocking (Green), Christmas Tree (Bronze), Snowflake (Green), Red and Green Striped Paper (Blue), Candy Cane (brown), String of Lights (Green), Red and Green Present (Blue), Gingerbread (Green)

Impression Order: Lump of Coal (Kaiator 23), Starry Night (Ilzerin 24), Holly (Aroontwa 18 W), Ding Dong (Lauthisen 21 W), Blue Ornament (Fivudal 28 S), Red and Green Paper (Verica 18(F)), Santa (Dorok, 17), Candy Cane (Fehral 21), Rudolph (Tonori, 24), Snowman (Tandry, 21), Elf Stocking (Valeska, 15 F), Red and Green Present (Chayrel, 22), Christmas Tree (Tarroi, 20), Snowflake (Urzoh, 22 F), String of Lights (Ruunan, 17), Caroling Note (Brenva, 21 F), Gingerbread (Tuelarua, 24 F)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:40 pm
Tuelarua and Green Palouseth - Impression!

Though she turned her gaze away, Tuelarua hoped that the little green perched atop her mother’s head would find the one she was meant to have. After all, she had the best vantage point, the safest spot. The darling deserves the best of the candidates, after she has finally made her way into the world. Yet she doesn’t want to press too much expectation, too much willing the baby to find Hers and be happy --

The little cry of the baby startled her, looking up. The briefest of worries that something happened -- the baby green was falling off, that Hers wasn’t in the crowd, or some hypothetical that she couldn’t find words for -- was dashed like waves against rocks as she found the gaze of the little green upon herself. Those stunning rainbow eyes, even from the high perch of her mother’s head, stole Tuelarua’s breath away. Even the most beautiful sunrises she had climbed to the highest peaks to watch couldn’t rival the stunning swirl of colors all in those small jeweled eyes.

TuelaruaMine, your Palouseth didn't mean to make a scene... but it was so hard to find you in the crush. Can you forgive me? The small voice is trying so hard to be brave, but Tuelarua was finding even her own mental voice was stunned into silence. This precious, perfect green -- Palouseth -- wanted her? Will you be mine, please? That soft voice, so brave, and yet Tuelarua’s heart went out at how she wavered.

’Oh, my darling. How could I be anyone else’s but yours? My perfect Palouseth.’ She giggled, realizing belatedly how wet it sounded -- how tears were streaming down her face, and Tuela couldn’t find it in herself to care. She was bloody, bandaged, and numb -- crying to boot, and all she could do was wait until her beloved Palouseth was at a level where she could touch and hold her sweetest. ’You’ve no need to apologize, for you caused no scene. It helped you to find me, did it not?’

Back on the ground, Tuelarua wasted no time in plucking her dragon into her arms, cradling her lovely baby close. The scratches and scores along her hands and arms couldn’t stop her from clutching at her green, as if she let the baby go she may very well disappear from Tuelarua’s sight. “My Palouseth.” She can’t help how her voice caught saying such a sweet, pristine name, laughing as Palouseth crooned softly, butting her head against Tuela’s. “Oh, sweetness. I have you.” She’d waited so long, and had begun to wonder if her candle would burn out before meeting such a beautiful soul.

Only as long as it took to break my shell. Palouseth buried her head beneath the newly-made weyrling’s chin, a contented love flowing through the bond -- both reveling in the presence of one another, of the honest reassurance that neither would be alone-not now, not ever.  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:34 am
Ara (Western) - she/her

Everything about this night had been the most amazing thing Ara had ever seen, but that massive golden mother carrying her daughter over the candidates' heads to get a look at all of them...she knew no one would believe her if she tried to tell them it had happened. Well, no one at home would have, anyway. Maybe at the Weyr they would. Especially since there would be so many other candidates and spectators who would have seen the same thing. Still, like so many things about this, her first hatching, Ara had not known to expect it.

It wasn't that she wasn't disappointed that she had not won the heart of a dragon tonight, but she had known going in that the possibility was slim. Her doubts about her own worth as a person aside, she was very new to all of this, and she was pretty sure that if she had Impressed, she would have messed up somehow. She just didn't know enough. But even that wasn't a bad thought, really. It was more inspirational: she would have to apply herself more to her lessons so that next time she would be more ready and more qualified.

In the mean time, she'd heard there was going to be an amazing feast, and she wasn't even going to have to help prepare for it or clean up after it. This was the best day of her life.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:48 am
D'rok and Bronze Khazariath

How Ka'ia could have his mind on anything but his dragon was a mystery to D'rok, who personally was having a harder time looking away from his dragon to continue conversation between offered bites of meat. He hoped the awe would never wear off. That is up to you, but... there was a small pang of desperate need that betrayed itself only to D'rok, who gave Khazariath his full attention. I'd never choose to be without it or you. And it was true.

Very good. I should hope both you and Maestoth, whom he noticed had made an appearance at the table at last next to Othelloth......so noted...will be without any significant scarring so early on. Somehow he didn't see his brother, with all of his desire for self care, enjoying a marred hide.

Kourith's decisive ways weren't a bad thing, but they simply weren't how Khazariath did things...and he couldn't help but feel as though perhaps someone who was keeping both eyes open and his ears to the ground he would be a bit more informed of what the 'decisive' course of action should be. One couldn't make a decision if they didn't allow themselves the options to decide from. But he seemed to have been distracted, to some degree, by the appearance of Arwainth and Hers - both of whom would also get a long look as he catalogued them. Ultimately, safe for now.

Zaikt

Hattaki

Tsunake
Being looked at

Meepfur
Also being looked at

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:54 pm
R'bin (Western) - he/him
Eridan (Western) - he/him
Reya (High Reaches) - she/her
T'of (High Reaches) - he/him

Over the course of the hatching T'of had noticed something about Reya's son: he clung to his mother, especially when things got bloody on the sands, but the questions he asked were all directed toward his uncle. The questions he asked were ones Reya could have answered as could anyone who had any experience of Weyr life. How did dragons know which person was theirs? Would the little blue be all right? Had anything violent ever happened before? and on and on. He wondered if Reya noticed that Eri seemed to have moved toward accepting his uncle as a caregiver.

She hadn't. Reya's attention was nearly wholly on the sands. She had never stood on the hatching sands. The first hatching she'd attended, she had Impressed Raqisath from the stands, and although Makhmilith always insisted he would have Searched her if Raqi had not Impressed first, she doubted that she would have agreed to become a candidate if he had. Not that she would give up Raqi for anything, but she would not have been willing to overturn her entire life for several turns just for the possibility that she might be right for a dragon. The way things had played out, she'd not been given a choice, and it was for the best. In any event, this was the first hatching she had attended since Impressing Raqi and she was fascinated.

R'bin had also failed to notice that his nephew had begun to adopt him as a parental figure, but he was happy to answer Eri's questions and offer assurance that everything would be all right in the end, even for the brown that had been so hurt by his brother, which Eri had found particularly upsetting because the only dragon he actually liked, his uncle's dragon Huarangith, was a brown. He was relieved, though, that Eri had somehow missed the part where a blue made a beeline for one girl and savaged her thoroughly. That was definitely something a young child who blamed dragonkind for everything wrong with his life didn't need to see.

"We should go," R'bin said as everything wrapped up. Eri had needed to be nudged awake to watch a blue dragonet be lifted above the crowd of candidates atop his mother's head. His eyes had grown wide in astonishment at the sight, and it was enough to make him nearly forget the scarier early parts of the hatching. He couldn't wait to tell his friends in the creche all about it.

"You won't stay for the feast?" Reya asked, only now realizing with a guilty pang that she'd barely spared her son a glance throughout the whole event.

"It was past this one's bedtime when we arrived, Reya. You do remember about bedtimes, don't you?" R'bin couldn't keep the edge out of his tone. This trip had probably been a good thing for Eri, but when Reya talked as though she'd completely forgotten the responsibilities that came with parenthood he couldn't help being frustrated.

"Yes, I remember. You could put him to bed in my weyr and come to the feast."

"I don't want him to wake up alone in a strange place. And I don't think you really want him sleeping in your furs. He hasn't gotten over that little night water problem." That was the nice way R'bin had taken to referring to the fact that Eri sometimes wet the bed. But not to Reya. When he wrote to her, he'd always been cruelly blunt about how Eri suffered in her absence, so it took her a moment to realize what he meant.

T'of cleared his throat, interrupting the incipient argument. "Why not have Reya stay with him in her weyr and you and I can go to the feast and bring something back for the two of them?"

It wasn't the best solution, perhaps, and T'of could see that it grated on R'bin, but he wasn't sure whether that was because of how quickly Reya agreed with it or because the idea had been T'of's. He held R'bin's gaze with one thick eyebrow raised, inviting him to come up with something better. After a few seconds, during which the audience in the stands began to filter out, R'bin glanced at Reya and nodded. Then he stooped to scoop up his nephew and muttered, "Let's go."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:31 pm
How was she finding it? Really? "...Certainly is far better than Nabol could ever hope to be." Her tone was cool and indifferent as she fed another chunk of meat to her Green. He knew more about her than she did about him, which was unnerving enough for her. Unnerving enough to get Skalmath to look up at her, booping her Rider's knee before getting booped by her brother, "And you. How are you enjoying life here?"

Destrieth's boop got a croon of contentment from her, before the smaller of the two nuzzled him back. Yes. A beautiful morning indeed. All of us have managed to find Ours, and we are ready for anything. Or at least, she was sure they were. She and her Brenva were going to be strong and amazing!

tatterpixie

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash