Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 39 40 41 42 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:39 pm
Finnisa—High Reaches—She/Her
In a dreadful rush of deja vu, Finnisa felt the egg reach out, asking for help. In a beat she saw again her hands gently pressed to another shell, seeking for a crack to help pry at or a way to shift it, before the candidate beside her had struck the egg. She did not move to help, did not budge, though her heart went out to the poor trapped hatchling. She had felt such guilt over that incident, such shame and remorse. And, perhaps mistakenly, she felt certain that eyes would be upon her, perhaps expecting a relapse in behavior. Well, not from her, no sir.

And see, look! Several others had gone to help, and the golden mother was watching ever so closely. Hold on. They’ll have you put soon, I’m sure. Oh, please be careful... she thought towards both egg and those assisting it. Even more than the mauling, this moment had her all on pins and needles, her previous hatchling-granted calm entirely gone, and her heart thumping away with each rock of the egg.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:49 pm
Shoxiel - He/His - Western

He let out a soft breath, worrying his lip as he stepped back. Shoxiel’s hands slipping from the shell. “Sorry about that.” He’s sadly missing the claws to get through the thick shell that was needed.

---

Khamaith

Though she was watching carefully, and there’s the barest hint of pleasure that the candidates had treated her child’s egg so tenderly, Khamaith gently rose to approach. Of course, my love. Reaching a paw out, she dragged her nails over the colorful shell with the utmost of care -- doing her best to score along the egg to help.  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:54 pm
"Yes... All we can do is remain hopeful." Keleres nodded at his words. It was still lovely to watch dragonets hatch. She chuckled as one of them tried to each sand, and clapped as a girl moved to join him. She sighed in contentment as Sunset Blue broke the shell and found an inner peace she didn't realise she'd craved.

These were truly extraordinary times. For all the blood, the pain, the mayhem and the terror, it was worth it to see those moments of joy, of connection and foreverness held in the eyes of the newly formed weyrlings. One day her turn might come. She wouldn't give up now.

"I hope that one will be all right." She spoke quietly of the black egg being rolled, not wanting to trouble it further. Kel was reminded of the awful moment of egg-punching, pressing her lips together as she tried to push away the negative thoughts. Of course it would be okay. Nobody would he foolish enough to punch an egg (again). Surely?

Ah! But it seemed to work- for the beautiful baby pushed himself free of his shell. A brilliant white hide greeted the world, and Keleres smiled in happiness. Good. Very good. He was safe and happy and very charming. She could appreciate that.

Smerdle
So... Hang out here often?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:54 pm

There it was! That's the ticket! Just like so. I'll be out of here in no time at all! came the delighted voice of the dragonet, who was finally able to press his head through the thick membrane of his shell. Black and Rainbow Swirl white peeked out at those nearest him. Hello there! Thank you ever so much for your assistance. I'm ashamed to say I very much needed it, dash it all. And he had!

But no longer. Squeezing himself out of his shell, the tiny white stood in satisfaction upon the Sands. If his pose were a trifle less dignified than he should like, well... there was no helping that.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:57 pm
Etansi

The teen bowed before Khamaith as she stood, finally seeing her for the full grown gold full of teeth and claws that she was for the first time ever, not the little hatchling that had become her first friend. If she'd hurt the egg in any way she'd likely have been in physical danger and that sent a feral pulse through her.

She swallowed it and nodded. "W... Welcome."

Stiffly she walked away, making sure not to put her back to any dragon fully.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:59 pm
Loctius - [He/Him] - Western Weyr
There they go! Khamiath easily helped with her claws where Shoxiel couldn’t. He gave a quiet little cheer and hop. Who cared who could see him! That little dragon was okay! A white dragon none the less. The smallest dragon from the largest shell, how funny and fantastic that sometimes happens. He gave Shoxiel a thumbs up from across the sands, he tried - and he meant well - he couldn’t help the fact he didn’t have claws.  

Spockat

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:04 pm
Shoxiel - He/His - Western

Khamaith’s help had been just what he needed. Shoxiel smiled softly, nodding politely to the white. “I am just glad you made your way out.” For he was, even if he hadn’t been much help in the end. “Best of luck finding yours.” With a small bow, he turned to make his way back to his original standing place, not quite over the slight bout of nerves.

---

Khamaith

Her job done and her son free, with a soft wave of love Khamaith crooned before settling back to sit between Turoth and Baihath; a wing over one and her tail twined with the other.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:05 pm

But wait...

Where was Etansi going??

Oh my dearest Etansi, if I have ever given you the impression that you were not the most wonderful being in all of Pern, I must apologize immediately! Please do forgive me. Why are you leaving? I'd only just said hello, after all. He'd only just hatched!

Why was she backing away from him like that? The little white followed after her as fast as his tiny legs could carry him. I wonder if it wouldn't be too much trouble if you slowed down ever so slightly for your Quinineth. My shell was so thick, and I'm so very tired! ... But... only if you want to...

The alternative, of course, was between. If he must find his home at last in nothingness, then so be it. His hearts were set on Etansi, and Etansi he must have, or no one at all!

User Image
Hattaki

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:06 pm
Finnisa—High Reaches—She/Her
The sight of the mother moving in left Finnisa tensing, worried something had gone wrong again... but no, she was only helping the egg. When the little white came clambering out of the overly thick shell, she nearly sagged on the spot. Thank Faranth, they seem fine... Relief washed like a balm over her, and she admired the pale little fellow for a long moment. Well done!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:18 pm
Vosin of Gold Killakeeth

Babies were pairing off nicely now. The gold approved of each match. Vos applauded as each new pair walked off the sands. She loved these moments.

Vosin sat up as one of the eggs could clearly be heard asking for help. She watched as the candidates stepped up to gently help, but it didn't seem to accomplish anything. While the candidates weren't able to help, the egg's mother could. A few scraps of her claws and a tiny white made his appearance. In only moments the white claimed his rider.

Well done and our congrats Etansi and Quinineth! Vosin smiled.
Hattaki

N'den of Brown Belengath

With his eldest in the back of the group, N'den watched the others closest to the hatchlings. More eggs were beginning to start the process. He missed it at first, but his dragon did not. N'denmine. Look! The brown focused his attention on the moving form of Bionden. At first he was confused why she was walking straight across the sands. Right towards a green who'd sat down.

She's Impressed! Oh well done Bionden! Congrats to you as well young Riojath! N'den jumped up to let out a joyful hoot. Hopefully not loud enough to disturb those down below, but probably annoying to those around him. He gave a sheepish grin in apology to those he'd bothered.

Sweet Symmetry

Rinis of Green Galensith

More hatched and more impressed. Then there was a to-do about the largest egg who seemed to be having trouble with the whole hatching thing. Rinis and Galensith breathed a sigh of relieve after a little bit the mother came to help the young a dragonet, a white, break his shell. Despite his color he was quick an eager to choose his rider.

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:54 am
Etansi

With the big egg helped and the little white free of his thick shelled prison, Etansi was making her way back to where she'd left Dystzha and Surel, her intent upon apologizing. Just one moment she'd been intent on protecting them and then the next she had just left without a word, that wasn't how a friend should be. That much she knew even if she wasn't all that good at it just yet.

Oh my dearest Etansi, if I have ever given you the impression that you were not the most wonderful being in all of Pern, I must apologize immediately! Please do forgive me. Why are you leaving? I'd only just said hello, after all.

She froze where she stood, her body half turned towards her friends and half towards... towards...

I wonder if it wouldn't be too much trouble if you slowed down ever so slightly for your Quinineth. My shell was so thick, and I'm so very tired! ... But... only if you want to...

Quinineth.

"Quinineth...?" She looked at last, for the first time fully, at the white that was chasing her desperately, flagging just a bit as Between entered into his mind. "NO!"

The second he entertained the thought it was wiped just as quickly from his mind. Etansi wrapped her arms around him, lifting him off the ground and into her thin arms. "Never, never never never. Never think that again." Her heart was beating so fast that it felt it would run straight from her chest. Large white wings wrapped around her shoulders and pulled her closer, the rainbows settling out to solid purple in his eyes. "You had armor too." She whispered against his sparkling white hide.

Yes, it was quite thick but it was you that helped get me out. With mother's kind help of course. Quinineth oozed contented love all around while Etansi gently reminded him of her friend Shoxiel helping as well. In fact he'd helped far more than she had, he was stronger. Sometimes physical strength isn't the best strength.

Energy was coursing through her entire frame and while she wanted to listen to her fight or flight instincts and run away with her little white, Quinineth's hunger swamped them out. Oh dear, it appears that trying to get through that thick shell has left me famished, might we consider a repast before your plan? "Not a great plan." Etansi chuckled and kissed the side of his head, only to recoil sharply.

Carefully she shifted him so that just one arm was holding her small white and she reached up with her damaged left hand to peel back part of his black and rainbow shell. "Quinineth, you need oiling, and bath." A bath dearest. I need 'a bath'.

She angled so that the two of them were peering at one another and he impishly flooded both his eyes and both of their emotions with joy. It earned him a bright white grin and he pressed his dark marked nose against her cheek, returning her kiss as Etansi began to walk towards the feeding area. Oh I do hope that there's a party happening there. It seems you've attracted the attention of a large gold dear, we should seek her out later at the feast.

She groaned inwardly, her hand still holding onto the piece of armor that connected both her and Quinineth physically while their bond just started to form. A girl that wore her past as her armor and a white that had been encased in some. Khamaith had brought both of their shells crumbling down.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:33 am
Erastan of Blue Aspalath

As the hatching had gone on Erastan had settled on his small ledge. Leaning back against his partners legs with his own hanging over the side. Though there was blood it was expected. Few clutches seemed to be without it. Accidental or a fight between siblings it was all noted with a slightly detached expectation. That only changed when that danger strayed to near his beloved sister.

And though he still struggled to understand her need to befriend people she had at least used that skill to surround herself with a few suitable flesh shields should the worst happen. As more eggs hatched impressions seemed to speed up. And the blue riders eyes softened. These babies were technically Aspalath's nieces and nephews. Family in a way.

Then Etansi started to move towards an egg with a few others. Erastan sat up sharply. What was going on.

The baby inside is trapped and asking for help. His more sensitive bonded informed him. Able to pick up the babies calls even at a distance.

'A white?' Though it was a big egg for such a small dragon.

Before Aspalath could confirm his guess a pale head pushed out of the cracked shell and eliminated the need of guess work.

Etansi moved away and Erastan was about to settle into the comfort of his bond again when....wait was the white following his sister...Etansi turned and then, rainbow eyes!

Erastan was not one to show his emotions but as he saw the look of pure joy sweep over his twins face he pumped his first into the air. YES. There was no one that deserved to feel that unique moment of perfect fulfilment more than his sister. Even Aspalath let out a small trumpet of congratulations caught up in his riders swell of emotions.

What made the moment even more perfect was that his sister has bonded with a white. She'd never had to fight in the full force of thread. She'd always have some protection in the skies. He could not have asked for a better outcome.  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:30 am
Sablie (Western, She/Her)

If Sablie had had any worries about the brown who had been on her friend, they were put to rest as Allamor noticed and went to him. Okay, good, hopefully things would go a lot smoother for the rest of the hatching. She did notice spotted green seeming to shrink into themselves and she sent a mental wave of comfort. She could only hope the baby would be alright and able to find the balm to her hearts in the love of whoever her rider was. She was sure her rider would be impressed by her display of courage, despite being so nervous about it...she knew she was. She also noticed Lelte's nod and smile to her and she sent a warm smile back to her. Also, it was noted how orange galaxy seemed to slip back into the shadows. Well, he would come back out for his rider, when he was ready, she was sure. As sunset egg began to rock, she noticed it was not in too big a hurry.

"Perhaps ya right, but sometimes people have inner strength they don't know they have. Even if their body is not as strong, their minds are. Course, as candidates, we got to be in relatively good health,"she nodded to Halvor. That didn't mean that deaths didn't happen, even to the strong. She saw two of the greens just sitting together and blue teal was exploring everything around him. Sunset finally produced another blue and she felt herself getting even more relaxed. And it seemed her earlier hope things had calmed had been answered by a bunch of impressions. The green who comforted her sister impressed, as did the full of life blue from teal glow. Purple glitter blue also made it a point to jump on his bonded, as the rainbow eyes revealed it was an impression.

It seemed Sablie would be eating her earlier words, when the upset green turned out to belong to...Lyfrocier. A quiet squeak of happiness came from her lips. Even if she walked off these sands this time empty handed, she was nothing but overjoyed for her friend. She took her hand off his shoulder and gave him this time with his new dragon. She turned back to the sands in time to see purple galaxy find their rider too. Her attention went to black and rainbow swirl as it called out for help. Before she headed over, it seemed some others beat her to it. She remembered touching that egg and hoped the baby would manage to be freed. It seemed it was, thanks to the help of his mother and he was a very handsome white. Who also impressed soon after he had greeted the world. Oh and it seemed so had sunset blue, which she caught as she watched the white emerge. Her eyes looked over the sands, a few hatched babies and a couple eggs left. While it worried her a bit, she knew she had time to impress eventually. And she could think on how she could improve as a candidate until then.

Zaikt
She is sooo happy for you

~Kiana_Nala~
Halvor

dawns_aura
Lelte

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:43 am
Astriana and Blue Moratath

Astriana was sitting in the stands, while Moratath had found a nice little spot for himself that was perfect for him. It felt weird to the blonde not to be down on the sands this time, in those white candidate robes. Had it really been a turn since she had found herself bonding to her beloved blue? However, it was nice at the same time to watch a hatching from a safe distance. She did have at least one friend on the sands though and she hoped so much she would manage to impress with this clutch. After all, it would be even more fitting, when the gold mother was the one that had befriended Etansi.

Her ice blue eyes took in everything, worry had come to her as her friend got rolled into by one of the eggs. Thankfully, they all seemed fine, so Astri was able to breathe a sigh of relief. There seemed a mix of dragon personalities, from fun loving to more sophisticated, from what she could see. She even saw some fighting between dragons, where a candidate got hurt. She hoped the candidate would be fine, along with the green with the hurt wing. There even seemed to be a dragon who couldn't break out of their egg, which she wasn't surprised Etansi went to try and help. However, it took Khamaith to provide the opening for the white. Astri had been about to turn her attention elsewhere as Etansi headed off, when she noticed the white following her.

Moratath..she thought to her blue, making sure she wasn't imagining things.

You are actually right in your observance, Mine. And it seems, you have another white riding friend,the blue's cool voice came into her head. She knew the edge of amusement was in that last part, causing her to shake her head softly. A smile appeared softly on her face, her friend had impressed a handsome white. She had told her that she would find her dragon and she was right. She made sure to have Moratath send down a congratulations to Etansi.

Hattaki

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:24 am
Raiden watched the grounds with only half his attention. The other half was on his sister, who was helping a candidate reach the healers. She was so responsible, so kind... He had to make sure she was okay.

But she didn't need his help. A green wandered after her... However, the poor creature had to rest halfway. Moments passed before the green's eyes filled with rainbows. Bion lifted her head in that moment, and a feeling flooded his gut.

Time seemed to slow down. Bion moved with the grace of a feline, and the speed of a sister whose siblings had needed her for so many Turns... All the times she had hugged him despite his protests, that she had kept him from losing his temper, and helped him through the strangeness that was Weyr's customs... That moment slid between dragon and woman, and his heart stopped.

It soared.

"BION! YOU DID IT! YOU DID IT! WHOOOHOO!" He punched the air, hopping wildly from one foot to the other. All sense of decorum and traditional propriety was lost in the moment. A grin as radiant as Rukbat spread from ear to ear- he just couldn't tear his eyes away from his happy sister and her new-found lifemate.

It felt like seconds when they began to walk away, and Raiden settled down, blinking. Bionden had Impressed. She was a rider. She was going to gave danger... And a green meant she might be dragged into flights... Shells.

Well, a problem to face at a later time.

He turned back to the dragons, of few whom remained.

magnadearel
Congrats sis! heart

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 39 40 41 42 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas