Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Threadfall
[IC]Threadfall: High Reaches - OVER! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
ShinosBee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:34 pm
QUEENS' WING
Lestenna of Gold Uridith
Round 1-7
20 – 20 – 18 – 2 – 3
13 – 8 – X – X – X
Roll: 8 - You want to do more. You want to be more. You're frustrated by the lack of action down in the lower wings, though you do now it's a very important role. You fidget in your riding straps.
HP: 39/46
Status Effect: N/A
XP: +2 Agility, +3 Target Accuracy, +1 General Stamina, +1 Luck
Target Accuracy: 7
Flame Length: 6
General Stamina: 7
General Agility: 6
Between Accuracy: 8
Pain Resilience: 6
Instinct: 7
Luck: 6

Would that they could do more. Uridith crooned sadly at the sight of one of her children retreating...but for now they had to focus. Just...there wasn't any thread (for now) to focus on!  
magnadearel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:43 pm
Burning Aces Wing
Ly’bur of Brown Hinburath
HP: 31/34
Status Effect: Tongue Bitten(3 rounds)
XP:
Flame Length: 7 (+1)
General Stamina: 6
Between Accuracy: 7
Instinct: 7 (+1)
Luck: 7
Training at HRW for past 2 Turns (+6 xp to all), +5 to distribute

Low Alt Wing

Ly'bur checked their positioning in the wing. Everything looked fine to him. He settled back in and readjusted his grip on the straps. Everything holding? Yes, but I need more firestone. Hinburath twisted his head around with his mouth open. Automatically he reached into the bag that was within easy reach. Gripping a piece of rock and tossed it into the waiting mouth. It was sensation he felt more than heard as the brown started chewing. He jerked as his dragon gave a sudden, alarming yelp.

What? What! Are you hit? They hadn't ducked between as he would have expected if they'd been struck by a piece of thread. No mine, I bit my tongue. The brown whimpered a bit. It was hard to chew hard rock with a sore tongue! Ly'bur groaned.

Round 1: Day 2 Rolls
1. 16- You appear from Between only to find yourself in the perfect spot to catch a sliver of Thread. You successfully flame it down easily. [+1 Target Accuracy]
2. 1- Ouch! Feeding your dragon some firestone has resulted in them biting their tongue! This is going to distract your dragon for the next three rolls. Their flaming aim will go down, and they might be slower to dodge out of Thread's way. [Tongue Bitten Effect! Your dragon is distracted by pain. No XP will be earned for the next 3 rolls. Any successes will be nullified. Should you roll a prompt with the possibility of damage, take the max damage allotted for your size/color automatically but it will also end the Tongue Bitten Effect immediately.]

magnadearel

ShinosBee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:51 pm
QUEENS' WING
=Flying First Wave=
V'tre of Green Thanoth
Round 1-7
12 – 20 – 5(1) – 2 – 7
16 – 17 – X – X – X
Roll: 17 - A tangle of Thread manages to slip through! Though you try to get it, you're not fast enough, or aim was way off base. Though it doesn't hurt you and your dragon, you do watch as it makes it through the last line of defense, to fall upon the helpless world below. Crops, plants, animals, and even possibly people are now in danger... you can only hope the ground crews will find the burrow safely once Thread is through.
HP: 14/14
XP: +2 Target Accuracy, +1 Agility, +1 Pain Resilience
Target Accuracy: 2
Flame Length: 1
General Stamina: 1
General Agility: 2
Between Accuracy: 3
Pain Resilience: 1
Instinct: 1
Luck: 2

Okay, so maybe they should be focusing more...but it was so hard. V'tre was still nervous, and Thanoth was overcompensating with antics. They watched the silver threads fall, worrying after them the whole way down.  
ShinosBee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:54 pm
BURNING ACES WING
=Flying First Wave=
V'rind of Blue Krahsujunth
Round 1-7
17(2)1 – 9 – 1514(1)
10 – 10 – X – X – X
Roll: 10 - Are you feeling lucky? Well you should! Free reply! Respond to this post with any action pertaining to Threadfall, and gain a little luck. [+1 Luck]
HP: 28/33
XP: +2 Luck
Target Accuracy: 6
General Stamina: 9
Between Accuracy: 6
Pain Resilience: 8
Instinct: 6

Krahsujunth and V’rind mowed down yet another clump of thread, the blue remembering this time to hold back from zipping on through the ash cloud in his haste to get to the next bit. Restraint was a rare enough thing from the blue, but he really didn’t need more minor burns. Unless Fianth would call them handsome...  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:00 pm
Trespassers Wing
S'del of bronze Kindeth
HP: 45 - 5 = 40
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 2
Flame Length: 2 (+3)
General Stamina: 5
General Agility: 2
Between Accuracy: 2
Pain Resilience: 4
Instinct: 2
Luck: 2

Round 1
1. 14 > +1 Flame Length
2. 13 > Rolled 4 > Over 30' > +2 Flame Length
3. 8 > Ruh-roh. Direct hit. > Rolled 2 forcing him back to the Weyr. Face damage! -5 HP
4. ---
5. ---

The bronze dragon couldn't help but be pleased. He had a visitor -- a real visitor! Though she had been hissing, she at least was being very kind to him right now, and the bronze couldn't help but be happy. Between Cynosuth and Oyath, he felt like a million marks. Mine will be happy to know that. I don't know if you know, but he likes yours. How lucky for him that Yours has come to stay a while! And I'm so pleased you're looking out for me. If you ever get a face full of Thread, I'll make sure you enjoy your visitors too! The tip of his tail began to wag a bit, and Dr'stan could well tell that, perhaps, the numbweed was doing too good a job. Kindeth was liable to forget about what was going on to his face, and lift it up to look around, or peer better at Cynosuth or Oyath.

Thankfully, S'del knew his dragons proclivities when around friends, and he gave a gentle, but firm reminder. "Don't move until Dr'stan says you can, all right? He's in charge right now, okay?" S'del gave his dragon's neck a gentle little thump and pet, watching as the bronze's large neck stilled and relaxed.

The rider, for his part, did finally turn to look at A'ye. The panic and strain had lessened considerably, and he firmly shook his head. "No, please, don't apologize. I'm sorry for flinching. I ... I guess I wasn't really myself. Kindeth's pain just felt so real," he sighed, dropping his gaze a moment. Honestly, now that Kindeth was feeling better, and S'del more calm, he felt a bit like the fool. "Thankfully, he's doing better now. I think." He stole a glance back at Dr'stan, not wanting to interrupt the man while he did his work.

Still, it allowed him a moment to explain things to A'ye. "I'm glad you're here, though." It made him feel better. Still, his brows knit a moment, and he sighed, a more serious cloud starting to build up over him. "It's bad up there, A'ye. Please, when--"

Dr'stan started talking, explaining what needed to be done. Without thinking, he grabbed A'ye's hand, hoping to take him with now that the green rider was starting to explain his needs. Mostly, he didn't want to A'ye to leave. Not quite yet. "Sure, sure-- we'll come back soon as Thread's done. So that means we can get back to Trespassers then?" He asked, a bit surprised. "He'll be okay?" The wound on Kindeth's face still looked ugly, raw, and tender. The stitches helped, but he knew his dragon was going to be hurting for the next sevenday as that numbweed wore off. "How long is that numbweed going to last? And can.... Can he even see out of that eye?" S'del almost cringed looking at his bronze's poor eye. It certainly looked ugly, green-grey, with a cruel white and black burn over part of it. If his hand hold tightened on A'yes, he couldn't help it. His poor baby dragon looked wrecked.

Thankfully, that didn't bring down Kindeth's good cheer. To Cynosuth, the bronze happily spoke. It feels much, much, better. Yours deserves a fat herdbeast after this, and you too! Shall I fetch you one when I return? Or do you like wherries? Kindeth wasn't sure what a healer-weyrling ate. Maybe something magical, and special, to make them so darn smart! My rider was almost a healer. Except he had no training, and no skills, and no talent, but he tried. He is so smart even when he's clueless. Kindeth was happy to talk...though the numbweed probably was helping to encourage it.

I am a strong dragon. I do think I'm ready to go back to fight, and keep Pern safe. Such is a dragon's duty.

((I'lll probably keep him out until we move to Round 2. <3 ))

mx cherie

houllow

Smerdle rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:14 pm
HURRICANE WING
H'win of Blue Suuth
( first wave / high altitude )
HP: 28
Status Effect: Tongue Bitten Effect (2 of 2)
XP: [+1 Luck] [+2 Flame Length]
Target Accuracy: 6
General Agility: 6 + 1 = 7
Between Accuracy: 6 + 1 = 7
Instinct: 6 + 2 = 8
Luck: 6 + 1 = 7

After such a spectacular save, it was a shame that Suuth couldn't follow it up with another marvelous flame. His painful tongue cut it short, and H'win looked around to make sure they hadn't been seen as they sped away.

12. You try to flame down some Thread, but your flame comes up short. Whoops! Hopefully your Wingleader didn't see that. Nothing to be done about it now except eat some more firestone, and try to catch the next clump!
day one
day two
one | two | three | four | five

Smerdle

Scamp

magnadearel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:29 pm
Burning Aces Wing
Ly’bur of Brown Hinburath
HP: 31/34
Status Effect: Fatigue Effect (3 rounds)
XP:
Flame Length: 7 (+1)
Between Accuracy: 7
Instinct: 7 (+1)
Luck: 7
Training at HRW for past 2 Turns (+6 xp to all), +5 to distribute

Low Alt Wing

The pain from his tongue had really distracted him. Hinburath was just not flying his best or as efficiently as he could have been. Ly'bur felt sympathetic for the brown. Between the pain and the wind, he was soon huffing and puffing and valiantly trying to keep up with wing that seemed intent to leave them in the dust. Literally! Steady on Hinburath. Catch your breath. The rider tried to encourage his dragon.

Round 1: Day 2 Rolls
1. 16- You appear from Between only to find yourself in the perfect spot to catch a sliver of Thread. You successfully flame it down easily. [+1 Target Accuracy]
2. 1- Ouch! Feeding your dragon some firestone has resulted in them biting their tongue! This is going to distract your dragon for the next three rolls. Their flaming aim will go down, and they might be slower to dodge out of Thread's way. [Tongue Bitten Effect! Your dragon is distracted by pain. No XP will be earned for the next 3 rolls. Any successes will be nullified. Should you roll a prompt with the possibility of damage, take the max damage allotted for your size/color automatically but it will also end the Tongue Bitten Effect immediately.]
3. 14- Your dragon is starting to feel tired. This particular fight is wearing them down. A strong gust of winds tries to throw them out of their position. Roll a D4 to see what happens!
4. Whoops! Your dragon is blown completely out of formation, and is too tired to stop it. Fellow wingriders notice, and trumpet warning, though it's unclear if your Wingleader has noticed or not. Either way, your dragon is just spent. Fatigue Effect For the next 3 rolled turns your dragon will suffer from Fatigue Effect. Any XP earned during those turns is negated. On the plus side, any negative status effect (i.e. additional Fatigue Effect or Bitten Tongue) is also negated, since your dragon is too tired to care. The only exception is if you get a status that cures Fatigue or your Wingleader/Wingsecond rolls a status cancelling roll.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:44 pm
Candidate Makimton
Prompt: Helping to make up beds in the Infirmary
Makimton wasn’t sure what else he could do to help. Instead he remained by the beds he’d made up in the infirmary and fussed with them. When a severely injured rider was brought in though, he turned down a bed so the unlucky rider could be laid onto it. Some of the really bad ones, he simply got the bed ready while the healers worked on them.

Candidate Nalacko
Prompt: Refilling water tubs at healing stations
She’d finished bringing various supplies to the healer’s tables. Things had started to get chaotic as the first injured riders came in. Nalacko had simply stepped back out of the way and let the healers work. After a while she noticed that some of the water tubs were getting low; either from dragons drinking or riders being dunked in. She bustled about and filled buckets of water, topping off any tub that seemed low.  

magnadearel

faesinger rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:51 pm
TRESPASSERS WING
Ahlalei of Brown Kalikath
HP: 41
Status Effect: None
XP:
Target Accuracy: +6
Flame Length: +7 (+3 XP)
General Stamina: +6 (+2 XP)
General Agility: +7
Between Accuracy: +6
Pain Resilience: +7 (+1 XP)
Instinct: +7
Luck: +7

Ahlahei and Kalikath were still going strong. Though there had been a few close calls, things seemed to be going well. Or as well as fighting a deadly spore falling from the sky everywhere around you could go. It didn't matter where the two aimed. It was still burning thread into dust. Somewhere below them was a clearer path for a mother dragon and eventually crops that don't die.

Kalikath could feel Ahlalei filing away the experience to examine at a later date. This is what we were made for. This is why we are here.

Round 1, roll 6:The thread is thick and coming down fast. Unlike the lower wings, you don't have to chase this Thread around -- it's just about everywhere you turn! This is what your dragon was made for, this is what you, as a rider, were meant to do. Burn down those Threads so they are no longer a threat to your wingmates and the people of Pern! Your dragon flames a patch ahead of them, clearing some airspace for your wingmates below. +1 Flame Length  
faesinger rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:59 pm
TRESPASSERS WING
XP:
Between Accuracy: +6

It wasn't good for long though and the wind picked up again. Focused on flaming a nasty chunk of Thread neither of the pair was ready for the gust of wind that threatened to push them out of formation. It was a struggle to stay. Kalikath felt a sharp pain where there shouldn't be any and Ahlalei noticed the wince. Are you okay?

It is only a twinge.

She wasn't so convinced but allowed her dragon to set his limits today.

Round 1 roll 7: As you fight against a strong gust of wind, you feel something pull! Uh-oh. There's a pain in your wing muscle that hadn't been there before. This isn't good, especially this high up! Still, your dragon fights on. If this is the third time you roll this and you haven't returned to the Weyr for attention your wings cramp up, and you find yourself going down! The wind is just too much, and the pain too great. You pushed yourself too hard, and now you're really in trouble! - 1st time rolling  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

faesinger rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:05 pm
TRESPASSERS WING
XP:
Between Accuracy: +6 (+1 XP)

The wind is an angry beast it seemed today. It didn't want to do anything to help the dragonriders. Even as the Thread fell right in the path of the flame, the wind pushed it away. Not today, Thread. You will not be getting past us today. The wind won't let us near you then we will make space bend to our will.

Kalikath and Ahlalei hopped between quickly to line up with the Thread and flamed it to dust.

Round 1 roll 8: A clump of Thread falls right before you! Unfortunately, the wind pushes you and the Thread away from one another. With determination, you fight the wind, trying valiantly to get to the great enemy! You hop Between, hoping to get closer, and flame the Threads that threaten to fall through! Roll a D4 to see if you successfully Between!  
faesinger rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:06 pm
Rolling for choice

Success! You appear close to your target and are able to flame it down successfully! [+1 Between Accuracy]  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

faesinger rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:11 pm
TRESPASSERS WING
XP:
Flame Length: +7 (+4 XP)
Between Accuracy: +6 (+1 XP)

stella cinere
Nulifying your Threadscore on page 33 second to last post!

Ahlalei was keeping an eye on everything she could even as the chaos reigned. So it was she that spotted D'mos struggling to get back in formation. But what really got her attention was the Thread that was about to hit them. Kalikath!

The brown quickly turned. I see. And just like that the Thread was gone.

Round 1 roll 9: The wind is strong and trying hard to buffet you. If brown or bronze you see one of your wingmates struggling against the wind. They're getting blown out of their empty airspace, and dangerously close to a patch of Thread! You are able to twist and accurately flame down the clump they were going to fly into, saving them from Threadscore! Quote a Wingmate that took Threadfall Damage and nullify it! You saved them from the pain! +1 Flame Length  
stella cinere rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:13 pm
Trespassers Wing
D’mos of bronze Phaeth
HP: 26/46
Status Effect: Bitten Tongue
Rounds for Day 1 take 2: 4/5

XP: +6
Target Accuracy: 8 +1 +1 +1
Flame Length: 7
Pain Resilience: 7 +1

Fate was not kind to Phaeth still as they maneuvered their way to finally replenishing their supply to Firestone. The pain ached and thudded throughout his body and while half his face still numb from threadscore he bite down on his tongue giving a yelp of pain.

< That's it I'm done I'm over this so called saving the weyrs. > He snarled spitting out the metallic taste from his mouth.

“Just a little longer ok? We are almost done here.”  

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

stella cinere rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:23 pm
Trespassers Wing
D’mos of bronze Phaeth
HP: 26/46
Status Effect: Bitten Tongue
Rounds for Day 1 take 2: 4/5

XP: +6
Target Accuracy: 8 +1 +1 +1
Flame Length: 7
Pain Resilience: 7 +1

Threadfall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games