Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:45 am
Martirae

Outwardly, Martirae seemed to go unshaken by how close the little gold drew to her, though she smiled as she received her affectionate boop. Thank you. I needed that, she sent the child off with a fond thought.

But inside of the fortress, someone else wrapped herself in those warm feelings like a cold child. It certainly had not been a long time since a dragon had drawn so close to her - goodness, she'd been knocked over plenty of times - but it had been a while since one had touched her mind, even to give her such a little boost.

Good luck.

The usually so well controlled tendrils in her heart that she kept from longing so well wrapped themselves around that little wave of happiness - Mine. But she tucked that away as another egg prepared itself to hatch. No need to wrap herself up in that when someone else was getting ready to join them.

----

Kinyegele

Oh! The Gold was moving! Kinye watched her with interest, dancing between feet from the hot sand. She was really not feeling the hot sand part of all of this, but all of these dragons had been so sweet so far!

And this little one was making sure to dole out love in ounces, something she could appreciate. Oh, you're doing such a good job! she thought excitedly, though it was more in good support than hopes for an up close visit. But an up close visit would also have been very nice! If only so she could maybe pet that pretty little head.....

Oh, that probably would be frowned upon, but she very well would have liked it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:50 am
Lauthisen - Western

He quirked his lips at that. "You never know. I think stranger things have happened. Still, when she mentioned the ocean, he glanced out at it dismissively. "I suppose. A bunch of useless water that no one can drink... " He'd never understood the draw of it, unless one was impressed with the vastness of it all.

Meepfur
Short, grumpy boy.

Iathe - High Reaches

And here she was. The baby still seemed half-asleep, plodding through the sands and investigating girl after girl. Iathe couldn't help but hold her breath as the Queen studied both her and Roana... and then, gently, gave them both a nuzzle and went on her way. The air escaped from her lungs in a sigh, and she felt--drained. but better, in a way. The expectation was over, and surprisingly, she didn't find herself disappointed.

More content than she'd been for several minutes now, Iathe studied the next egg that began to hatch, giving Roana's hand a squeeze and Martirae's shoulder a small nudge. Theirs were out there, somewhere. Maybe not this time, but they still had Turns ahead of them.

demon_pachabel

Sinders Path

--

Alya - Western

The more the gold hatchling passed by different girls, the more Alya's excitement grew. "See?" She whispered to the ladies of her gathered group. "There's still a chance!" Of course, Esfir suggesting the gold might be hers made her start, a wide grin spreading across her tanned face. "Mine? Oh, no! No, I don't think so!" A Queen was supposed to be responsible and help lead the Weyr! That was hardly a job for someone like Alya.

"Maybe she wants someone like Riiiiioooo~" She teased affectionately instead.

Meepfur

BastetAmun

DaisyMilk

The_Muffin_Puppy

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:00 am
Zyanzi was very much on the verge of a nervous panic, his hands locked around his bangs. No, breathe... He closed his eyes and dropped his hands to his sides. He could do this. He wanted to show these beautiful dragonets that he was worthy of their attention. Zyanzi found a small smile drifting up as he watched the beautiful gold primly walk through the girls. That wasn't His. It never would be - but there was a small part of him that had embraced the feminine shell that he enjoyed. His eyes drifted toward the rocking eggs on the sands and the ones that were breaking. And the dragonets dancing through, finding Theirs. So much activity!

But the question remained: was His here?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:09 am
[ soui ]

Soui was slowly creeping towards the sands, though not with the intent to actually get close enough to stand on them or anywhere near the candidates. She simply wanted to see the dragonets on the ground, not so high in the air, and it wasn't like she was a candidate or anything. The dragons here knew who was who, right? There was no fear of impressing and so she kept on creeping, finally stopping just on the fringes of what she thought everyone would consider absolutely acceptable.

And she was glad she did. There was a beautiful golden dragonet on the sands, her hide sparkling in a way that those bronzes had not. Not that there was a difference in value, Soui thought, but the sun sometimes could make others pop and others pop more. Then there was also the lovely blue who was around, and a few more eggs shaking. The healer apprentice was glad she'd snuck in more, though she's really need to be careful from here out, lest she get caught by someone and punished.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:15 am
Rio

"And why wouldn't she?" Rio responded to his friend's teasing with playful confidence and a pose, one hand on his hip as he flicked his hair. Which might have looked a bit more dashing if a) he could keep a straight face and b) his hair weren't all sticky because it was sharding hot out and he was sweating. Also, candidate robes weren't all that conducive to that sort of image, either.

Of course, he thought any one of his companions would be deserving of a gold, and privately thought it was sweet and adorable that they each insisted it could be the other's. They all deserved a precious dragon of their own, and their regard for each other was more than enough proof of that, to his mind.

Tsunake

DaisyMilk

The_Muffin_Puppy

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:28 am
Aly'on

"Hopefully well, they seem to have everything rather under control,"Aly'on mused, the queen was healthy, her clutch was healthy, and thanks to Fort in providing her with what she needed. Though he was thankful that they were not dealing with thread at the moment.

"Where do you think the gold will go?"

Dizzy_Kat
P'rell

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:31 am
The Blue & White Patterned Blue was glad when his beloved brother found a good and proper match. But that meant he was now quite alone, and still well without His. Thankfully, this blue knew exactly where he needed to go, and was not about to waste any time. Though he periodically stopped to give a polite nod, or little cheep of pardon if anyone got in his way, it didn't take him long to find the man among the crowd.

Coming up to Dorianus, the others in his company were momentarily ignored. Yes, this one was His. Reaching out, allowing himself a moment of tenderness, the blue reached out with his wings, to pull the other closer. He buried his head against the other man, his movements gentle, delicate, and not meant to harm. My Dorianus... You are a cut above the rest, and meant only for me. Your Harneth is here for you, forevermore. We shall do great things, you and I.

Coldness, detachment, distance -- Harneth would not let Dorianus pull away from him, emotionally, or physically. Not yet. The adoration and respect this blue had for his chosen was palpable. He had no eyes for anyone but him.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:38 am

Crack.

Crrrrrrrrrr....aaaack!

Rumble, rumble...

Tink.

With each precise drum of claw against shell, a line appeared on the Yellow and Teal egg.

A deep rumble from within. Reverberating, thrumming, moving. Someone was ready to come out. Now.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:41 am
Another impression! B'gian and Molihuth gave out cheers for the new bonded pair as he settled down on a chair and started the oiling process. He recalled his lessons and was basically relying on this to be common sense. You take the oil, rub it on them, massage it into every little area. He giggled a little to himself as Molihuth continued her trumpeting.

"Are you trying to encourage more?"

I might be, came her cheeky reply, giving a wave of just happiness down their bond. It was returned and she got the top of her head oiled now, and scratched! She was absolutely on cloud nine.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:41 am
Farellen chuckled, quieter this time. "You can't hold me to something i don't remember" He grinned at the older man "Did i look beautiful in the dress?" he said, fluttering his manly eyelashes, it was clear he was very confident in himself, he didn't mind poking fun at himself most of the time and after the trauma of the hatching he last attended, he felt he needed to laugh more, enjoy life more than he did before.

He turned and looked when K'gan mentioned an actual Gold this time, he was only mildly interested, Gold wasn't going to be interested in him, but she seemed a very nice dragon watching her. He also felt for the blue who hadn't yet found His, Farellen was hoping he was just taking his time and not that rare case where the hatchling dragon didn't find their match and betweened

Oh! "Look K'gan, the blue found His!" he elbowed the older man with his good arm "Just the gold out for now" he observed, curious now, if a little sad the Blue hadn't picked him but eyeing the one trying to hatch now.

Sinders Path

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Becka kept an eye on the hatching, allowing herself more time to watch seeing as no one, except that one idiot who was now off to one side, by himself, was hurt. She gasped as a Gold hatched, oooh wasn't she just lovely... she thought Impression had been made but no ... awwwwe Becka's heart melted, it looked like the lovely little Gold was comforting someone who looked as if their whole world just shattered, How lovely, what a darling little lady. , Becka smiled widely and watched, wondering who the gold WOULD Impress to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rokar rubbed harshly at his face, wiping dampness from his eyes, trying not to be bitter as the shy bronze Impressed, a Gold hatched and the only other un-attached hatchling that could have been for him, Impressed to someone else. He really wished e hadn't come, there probably wasn't any dragon for him and he was being torn apart inside by long shoved down emotion and feelings from home, things he wanted to forget, things he'd ran away from. He jerked and paid attention when one of the remaining eggs started to hatch.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:43 am
Ionan couldn’t believe it. No one had given Kinye an ounce of attention! He made his way back towards her. “Guess he wasn’t mine after all,” he teased her, nudging her gently with his elbow. “These dragons are beautiful, though! I’m sure we’ll be taking one home.” At least! And if Kinye Impressed and he didn’t, that was fine, she was older—and he could get more practice in for the next hatching by helping his father wash Zeti.

“I’m glad this isn’t like the one we heard about from Western.” Oh look! Another egg was starting to hatch! He pointed towards it. “What do you think that one will be?”
“demon_pachabel”

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:45 am
Rylyrr

Rylyrr found himself smiling back, reflexive and just suddenly genuinely happy because Akaris was genuine in her smile and it had been a while since he got that sort of encouragement outside of family. He loved his brothers. They just... there was a tinge of worry in their encouragement.

He snorted, rubbing a hand over his face and paused.... yeah, just make that noise when Akaris was revealing her thoughts and great going!

That.. wasn't directed at you, more me." He would never disregard Akaris thoughts but he had been getting a bit discourage for a moment. "It can be hard, and it can be discouraging but persevere and just believe that somewhere someone is met for you."He trialed off, flushing slightly, thankful his dark coloring made it a hard to notice. Okay... that had been a bit sappy.

Meepfur
Akaris

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:47 am
Kinyegele

"One of us siblings has to, right?" Kinye passed a look over the crowd to try and spot Tass, before straightening herself up with a beaming grin.

"Oh, most certainly. I don't think I'd do too well with a baby from a violent clutch......or going to Western and being so far away!" Oh, she could have stood at Western, but the mere thought of being away from familiar faces for so long just didn't suit her at all! The rocking of the new egg, however, caused her to scrunch up her face in thought.

"A green." she said with certainty.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:52 am
Zyanzi continued his careful and curious watching, his expression holding a warm delight as he watched many Canddiates - some he knew, some must have been from High Reaches. And then... another Impression! A giddy rush of happiness. That person had a beautiful blue partner for life! Before he could let a congratulations slip, another loud cracking brought his attention back to the sands. "Ah! Look! Another!" He danced a few steps, one because oh my were the sands hot! The other out of a delight that was building in the pit of his stomach. It was hard not to grab the nearest hand out of anticipation for everything.

The rumble that came out of the egg was almost ominous. He was certain something was about to happen. Was this one going to be a fighter?  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:12 am
Riders
Vosin and Gold Killakeeth- W
Killakeeth noticed the young girl freeze and the young gold try to reassure her. Etensi, do not be as all stupid as that. You should know your twin will not leave you just because he has found his dragon. She rumbled her disapproval through her humming.

Thaliawen
Mari

hattaki
Etansi

Ly’bur and Brown Hinburath- HR
They watched closely to see who the gold would go to. That would probably be the biggest rumor of the day. Now wouldn’t it be interesting if it was his own Nalacko? Ly’Bur grinned.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games