Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:34 pm
Lucius--High Reaches Candidate

He couldn't help but feel a little sheepish by how Zelaya reacted. Turning his attention back to the dragonets and what was going on, he wondered if even having some slightly worried thoughts was wrong...It wasn't like he was wishing for anything to happen to the baby hatchlings or that he even expected them to come running at them and attack but...he couldn't help but be unnerved by the bronze that had bitten its own green sister.

While he was in his own thoughts he found that a lot had happened. Looking up he saw a newly hatched green dragon that seemed distressed. He couldn't help but worry for the young hatchling and felt admiration towards the red-eyed green for standing up for her sister.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:38 pm

The little green cheeped now and then at the Candidates as she passed. There were so many, and she felt terribly alone and exposed. Worse, she felt quite distressed by everybody's fear! Her eyes whirled a yellow-white, and though she tried very hard to cut through the fear, it...

It was just too much.

She stumbled, and gave a mournful keen. Her eyes whirled a white yellow, the strong emotions practically overwhelming her. So many were scared, so many were frightened, so many were sad, anxious, angry. Nobody seemed happy! But... But maybe.... Maybe she could make someone happier.

Sayurimine. Please, your Ileneth needs you. Everyone is so sad and I... I won't be able to make them any happier and may even make it worse. Oh, it was so tragic to the green's delicate hearts. Practically unbearable. I... I am sorry that I might hurt those who yearn for Theirs, but... But only you are meant for me. Might I bring joy to your heart? Might I make your dream come true? The crumpled green looked up, trying hard to catch Her chosen's eye.

User Image

Aukai Oceansoul

The Dawn Sisters

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:55 pm
Ielin - High Reaches Candidate

He wanted to see them all succeed, though those he had especially remembered visiting were fond in his heart. A green and a bronze, both lovely in their own rights. They deserved to find Theirs, and he hopes to catch a glimpse of who they might choose--if he might be able to awkwardly wish the dragons luck after they Impress to Theirs.

“All dragons are. Bet those jus’ need to find theirs, intense as they might be.” Ielin gives pause a second. Did he believe? “I wanna believe they are. But if they aren’t? I’ll keep waiting.” Ielin nods, almost a bit to reassure himself as much as Amila. “Got plenty’a turns to stand still. I’ll wait however long ‘til they find me. Jus’ like you--if neither find us, we’ll be back out here again. Do hope y’find yours, though.”

But Amortentia’s wilting had startled him, and his heart aches to see such a flashy green wilt and duck behind Crucio. Had someone upset her enough to go grey? Oh, the poor baby. Hopefully she would find reason enough to champion herself. Hers was out there, waiting… The feel of someone burying into him made him jump slightly, peering at the younger candidate in tears. “Easy.. Easy now…” Ielin wrapped an arm around Amila, trying his best to calm her down. “Aint doin’ no good if the baby feels your upset. Happy thoughts, r’member? They’re sensitive to the little things..”

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:29 pm
Amila

"She's hurting." Amila managed first, voice soft, but still thick with her distress. "She's hurting, because somebody wasn't nice, and she's so upset, and I just want to help er feel better. She looks like such a good, sweet, pretty baby like all of them and she's upset and she doesn't deserve to be upset and..."

And she couldn't HELP the poor sweet little green-- was that one she'd met? That had, for a short time, cheered her out of her anxiety and made her feel actual hope?

She didn't want any of the dragonets to feel pain but seeing one so upset was heartbreaking to her, and Amila whimpered, crying. She was surely not Hers, but Amila wanted the dragonet to find Theirs, and all of them -- was just feeling love so intensely enough, or bad? Because it was truly love and tender affection she felt for all of them -- even the bitey mean hateful scary ones only acting as predators did! They deserved love and hoy always and- and0---

All she wanted was to see Amortentia happy right now!

Prism Shine

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:43 pm
Varinia

So many babies had hatched, yet there were still more that needed to. There were a few that had finally found theirs, for which Vari was thankful for. She sent happy thoughts and well wishes towards all of the young dragons, hatched or not. Though, some of the looks and sounds some of the harry potter clutch had given made her just a tad weary of a few. A few of the bronzes that had first hatched had still yet to find theirs. Was it a lack of trying or simply because they weren't here? She fiercely hoped it was the former.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:47 pm
Crack.

Another fierce wiggle of Be Our Guest caused a large crack to split down the top of it. Those close enough could hear a small cheep of delight from within.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:48 pm
One of the more timid greens, the one that Go the Distance had been sheltering, finally picked her way across the sands and through the Candidates. She seemed to know right where to go and paused before hers, the Impression just as wonderful as the rest had been. Shar was glad she was off the sands now, just in case things did get hectic or worse. There were so many dragons out and about now and so many more were left to hatch still. It was going to be dragon madness soon.

"I've never seen so many dragons on the sands at once," she said quietly to Riz just to help keep him and everyone around them calm. Casual conversations could help.

"It's hard to keep an eye on them all but it's exhilarating knowing how many are still left to Impress. Hopefully they all find Theirs," she said, casting another glance to the green that had been slighted by one of the Candidates silently. "And hopefully no one pulls anything stupid. They'll have a lot of angry siblings and parents to deal with if that's the case."

Hattaki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:56 pm
Oho! Colors of the Wind let out a warbling trill of delight at the pleased noise from Be Our Guest. Tail flicking, she crept closer, almost playfully stalking the egg...  

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:18 pm
It.

was.

time!!

With a bright bugle, Be Our Guest's egg finally shattered, shell and goop flying everywhere in a dramatic show of their lovely wings. Even before the dust (egg shell) had settled, the brown dragonet within went joyously bounding on - and right into Colors of the Wind with a loud bonk as his head smacked into hers.

He took a step back, kreeling with surprise, then immediately stepped forward again to offer an apologetic nuzzle to his sister.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:27 pm
SOUI

When a rather large candidate appeared at her other side, having moved over from where a rather touching Impression had occurred, Soui quickly took the moment to rub away at the puffiness that threatened the corner of her eyes. There was no hiding the fact she'd been crying or that she looked awful but, considering there was someone on the sands who looked far worse (and he'd been next to that sobbing boy) she doubted this Orri would mind. "N..nice to meet you. I'd offer to shake your hand but I'm afraid mine is a bit....dirty." She'd managed to rub snot into her wrist and went to wipe it on the back of her robe. It was mortifying but certainly better than just letting someone touch her. "I'm...I'm Soui, like Dehka said."

Two impressions happened and then....two more hatchings? Everything was starting to become a whirl in front of Soui's eyes and she squeezed Dehka's hand subconsciously. Just how much did she actually enjoy holding hands? A lot more than she thought, probably. It was wonderful to see so many people meeting their lifemates and the candidate was slowly remembering just why she wanted to be here in the first place. It wasn't the only reason of course, she would like a lifemate of her own, but getting to see people bond and seeing the babies up close was always wonderful.

But then there was the sadness of a little green on the sands, apparently hurt by thoughts from those on the sands. Knowing all too well how strong thoughts could be, she sent as much of a wave of affection as a human mind could. "It'll be alright. People think too much, but there's someone out there whose thoughts will matter the most. I'm sure you'll find them."

Tsunake
medigel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:32 pm
Cavera - High Reaches Candidate

Were hatchings always as eventful? She had heard stories, had grown up listening to tales. Nothing could have prepared her for this.. It’s a starstruck moment in her heart, a little giddy feeling that she’s actually standing upon the sands that so many legends had arisen. Yet she grips Rizdax’s hand a bit tighter, unable to help the small smile on her face.

Yet there was so much going on, and Amortentia’s wilting made her heart ache. Be Our Guest’s arrival into the world made her beam--for the adorable brown was okay! Today would be okay. She believed.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:33 pm
"You've been to more of these than the rest of us, but I think this one's still special from what you said." Rizdax responded to Shar by way of whisper, his voice felt as though it needed hushed just a bit given how many baby dragons were on the sands, how many things were happening. There had been a handful of Impressions, the most recent of which was another little green, the one that had been dolefully looking for hers across the sands and through candidates after her bronze brother had checked on her. Maybe things would start getting lively, in fact he was betting on it being so with how many dragons were still out there and how many unhatched eggs still sat still on the sands.

A laugh came from him quietly though, hidden after only a second by a slight cough. "Don't go worrying about me, just keep your eyes on things around you and you'll be safe there." his voice was still just above a whisper as he responded but he was cut off from saying anything else by the rather explosive entrance of a brown! What a way to come into the world. He grinned at it briefly and went back to watching the anger that was coming off of Crucio in response to her sister's sadness.

What had happened?

SilverLutz

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:05 pm
Sayuri had been watching the play of dragonets across the sand and had seen the small green go down. That one didn't look like she would harm a fly and Sayuri wished she could go to her and help but that was the duty of whoever impressed her.

A voice high and beautiful and gentle entered her head. Oh yes the little dragon could make her happy! Of course she would...wait! She gazed into the huge whirling eyes and her world changed forever. She had impressed a dragon! And not just any dragon Il2eneth was the most beautiful and gentle creature ever!

To think she had been afraid to come. Now she was protected forever. Sayuri rushed to her dragonet cupping the small jaw in her palm and hugging the dear little one close to her as happy tears sizzled on the hot sands of the hatching ground. She had a dragon.

Ileneth basked in the adoration from Hers taking comfort in the jubilant emotions from her rider. She placed a small green hand on Sayuri's leg wanting all of herself to be touching her rider.
"Im so very glad to have found you."

"Im so glad you did too!" If it were not for the terrible hatchling hunger that plagued the gentle green Sayuri would have stayed there. But she felt the hunger sharply in a very very deep mental connection.

"Lets get you fed and away from the exuberant ones shall we? Dont worry they will be okay and everyone will be happy come the end of the hatching when they have found theirs too!"  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:19 pm
((POST FOR BABY_GWING))

Elyk

... wait a minute. Was she hugging him? But they've just only met. Or could it be that she was under the influence of the dragons and dragonets around them just like how people could be affected when they were in the vicinity of a gold's flight? Blinking a few times, Elyk briefly contemplated his options at the predicament that he had suddenly found himself in. He supposed he could try to move away from her, but that would hurt her feelings wouldn't it? And it wasn't as if she had done anything wrong in the first place.

He cast his gaze upon the sands again, just in time to spot the lovely green dragonet who finally emerged from the Colors of the Wind egg. Go forth little one. Go seek out the one who's best suited for you. He sent the thoughts its way, his attention now returning to the candidate who was still half embracing him sorta. "It's hard to say really. There are people who managed to impress the very first time and then there are some who never managed to impress until they eventually had to bow out because of their age." There wasn't any point in him being a wet blanket and dragging her down with his own self doubt really so he jumped at the cue to speak about others other than themselves and their current situation.

"I don't really have any specific egg in mind. Just hoping for someone whom I can get along with. Hopefully a bronze since that's what my brother and..." He paused for a moment to ponder over how best he ought to refer to Sa'do. "... a very good friend managed to impress... but I'll be happy with just anyone really. It is afterall a matter of who the dragonets choose in the end."

baby_gwing

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

Rian-chan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:03 pm
Haelwen
A nod of understanding was given as acknowledgement of Solameya's suggestion. Yes, being ready to move out of the way could be the deciding factor between life and death if an exuberant, or menacing, dragonet came their way. "Don't worry too much about me, I am pretty light on my feet, I do worry about some of these younger kids though." she cast a glance around eyeing many candidates who were younger than herself and how they seemed to be pressing closer to each other the longer some of the hatchlings went on without Impressing. She hoped they at least remembered to send good thoughts and feelings towards the babies.

"I suppose you're right about that... we've already had one egg unearth itself that I don't remember seeing at the Touching. I wonder how many more might be buried in the Sands? Still... we are staring at a -lot- of unimpressed dragonets right now. It is making me a little antsy. I wanna see them find theirs. This is my first hatching but nothing I have seen in my twenty-one turns compares to the moments of Impression I have witnessed today." She cast a fond gaze towards the pairs that were heading off the Sands before returning it the the many freshly hatched dragons who had yet to seek out theirs. She made sure to send encouraging feelings and thoughts towards each hatchling as it made an appearance but kept her focus mostly upon Rhianth's clutch for the moment, since it was still the larger grouping.

Something caused one of the greens to go grey and her feisty sister and mother were quick to show their displeasure about it. Haelwen sighed, who was doing something to upset a hatchling that wasn't even a few candlemarks old yet? Honestly. The nerve of some of these candidates, she knew it was early and people were tired and it seemed like everything was going very fast but also very slow at the same time but if you couldn't remain alert enough to focus on your duty to ensure all of the babies felt welcomed then what were you doing on the Sands in the first place? She shook her head to clear it of those thoughts and instead sent extra reassurance to the Amortentia-green.

Avid_RPer18
for Solameya

Hyseren
Eggs were cracking open everywhere, more Impressions were being made, and Hyseren was enthralled by the activity. Or, he was, until Rhianth and one of the baby green's from her clutch roared, which made him jump, which in turn caused him to notice the ache in his legs and also in his rear. He frowned a bit as he reached down to rub his legs from ankle to knee through his robes and found that they did indeed hurt quite a bit. Definitely some bruising from when one of the other greens had caused him to fall, he hadn't even noticed it touched him but obviously either it's tail or a wing had. He rubbed the sore spots for a moment more, as if somehow making himself more aware of the pain would help make it go away, before returning his full attention to the eggs and dragons just in time to see a brown explode from the Be Our Guest egg. What an entrance, and so close to him too. He couldn't help but stare.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games