Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:06 am
𝕬thena 𝕱ae
𝕾inger and 𝕾ongwriter,

User Image

Gingerly, she shook the hands of those she might, a polite smile gracing her plump lips as hasty fingers coiled around self-inking quills to mirror her signature time and time again, upon the fabric of robes, or on napkins or parchment, or skin itself. She bit her tongue, gently restraining herself from sinking her claws in these damned wizards and unleashing flamed fury upon each. She was here for her daughter, maybe not entirely, but, those wizards didn’t need to know that, in any case. She was sweet though, and nobody had at all noticed that she was minutes from losing her temper and unleashing that nasty side of hers, hurtling fireballs. She was a bit taken aback to see a man wrestle through the crowd and had them dispersed immediately.

Smiling bright and coy, she turned to him, excitement dancing in her eyes. ”Law enforcement?” She teased him with a raised brow. ”As a matter of fact, I am, but, you can call me Diane.” She giggled, wondering if this man was drawn to her and manipulated by her veela charm, or, if; in fact, he was just doing his job…. At first, anyway….

”It’s nice to meet you, would you care to join me for lunch?” She invited him, after all, what harm could having an auror at her side do her? Or was he a Hit Wizard? She could barely remember the difference of these wizard occupations.

My voice
--- Veela
------ Diagon Alley Streets
---------- with Arnold
-------------- ♪ ♫ ♪

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:23 pm
"Knowledge is Power"

"The best defense is a good offense"

User Image

Arnold Cloud
Thoughts: Whoa...
Desires: None

Arnold smiled as she seemed excited about something. Probably because he came to save they day. "Why yes, I am an Auror for the Ministry. I'm pretty well known around these parts actually. And Diane, I actually like that name much better," he smiled, winking at her. Where the h*** did he get confidence? He didn't question it, but it was almost weird.

"Of course. I've actually been looking for somewhere to eat myself," he said, smiling. He was calm on the outside, but he honestly was going crazy on the inside. He was going to lunch with an international superstar. All in the days work of an Auror. Life seemed to be good at that moment.

"Where would you like to eat? I will pay for you either way," he said to her, making sure she knew that she wouldn't have to pay a dime. He was going to treat her like a person, not a superstar. That was his goal in this. That would be the only way to woo her too.

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:07 pm
User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Chalmes Whitethorne
Squib

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Chalmes looked back at the girl. What did she just say? He wasn't that familiar with other squibs, other than his brother and himself. He winced mentally, figuring that hopefully his twin would reappear. What surprised him more was the fact that the girl had apologized. "Um, okay. You're not used to apologizing, are you? I'm, well, sorry. I'm not known for having a good hold on my temper." He shifted uncomfortably for a moment, thinking. "So, if you're not a witch, what are you doing in Diagon Alley, anyway? Not a lot of folk here are nice to squibs, you know."

Don't think I'm weak, that would be your first mistake...

-------------------------
State: Awkward
OOC: ...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:36 pm
User Image
User Image
✾ Squib ✾ Age Fifteen ✾ Kolby

She's just a skater girl, livin' in her own world
They can't see the greatness in her

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸

Диᕍɩ kept her gaze to the ground as he spoke. Apologizing was not one of her favorite things to do. Anyone who really knew her knew that for a fact. But, boy, would Bradley be proud of her when he heard about this. Proud, or he would taunt her. Either way. She looked up, turning to face the boy. "Not really, no. Most of the time I have a... temper." she said, watching him. He seemed to be pondering something. That, or he just wanted to get on his way and stop talking to her. She was always such a bother to others. "Since you asked," she began, shifting her skateboard to her other hand, "I was bored, so I decided to come bum around out here for a bit. More room to just exist, ya know? Better than some stuffy old house filled with stuffy old parents." Great. A wonderful conversation starter. Just dump your baggage on some stranger and go on with life. Andi sighed, but continued on. "I'm pretty sure I can handle myself out here in the big bad magical world. I'm tougher than I look." One hand gripped her board while the other found a resting place on her hip as she looked up at the boy, whose name she still did not know. "And what about you? You're a- You don't have any magic either. So what are you doing here?" she added. That word, title, label, whatever... She wouldn't say it. It burned on the inside just to even hear that word. Squib...

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Now she's a superstar, slammin' on her guitar
To show everyone just what she's worth

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:49 pm
User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Chalmes Whitethorne
Squib

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Stuffy parents, huh? Chalmes could understand that. He knew his father was still wishing he had magic, though maybe lately that train of thought might hae changed a bit. Maybe. "All right, so you can handle yourself in the big bad wizarding world, huh? That's cool." He smirked at the girl, listening to how she skipped over the word squib. Chris hated using that word, something their mother used to try and instill in the both of them. It never stuck with him, though. He just called himself what he was. "I'm actually out here getting something for my sister for her birthday. She is a witch, so I figured she would appreciate something from here."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:34 pm
User Image
User Image

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸

Диᕍɩ studied him as he spoke, as his smirk appeared and he explained his reasons being in the Alley. A magical sister. How many others in his family had magic, she wondered. No matter. A question for another time, perhaps. "Shopping, huh? I love shopping. Mind if I tag along?" Andi smirked. Why was she even asking? She was going to go with him anyways. It gave her a way to spend the day. She started walking down the street again, heading in the direction that the boy was headed before she ran into him. Stopping, she turned back around and looked to him. "You comin' or what? What's your name anyhow, pretty boy?" she asked, her smirk remaining as she waited for him.

{ooc: dat short post. ;3;}

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:46 pm
User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Chalmes Whitethorne
Squib

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Chalmes blinked as the girl asked if she could come with him. Honestly, he might be stuck for anything since he really wasn't a girl. Ch-someone else would usually help with this stuff. Instead he nodded, wondedring if she could help. "Um, sure, no problem, mate." He frowned as she called him pretty boy. "Pretty boy? Blimey, mate, no one's called me that before. I'm Chalmes. What about yourself?" He purposefully avoided his last name. If anything, his family outside of immediate were blood purists. His father, well, he was something else.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:30 pm
User Image
User Image

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸

Диᕍɩ giggled as his smirk faded to a frown. She tsked a few times, and began tapping her foot on the ground as if she was impatient. "Well, no one's ever called me 'mate' before, so I guess we're even." She knew of the term, having heard people call each other 'mate' from time to time, but no one ever called her anything but 'Andi' or sometimes her actual name. "Chalmes. Just Chalmes? My name is Andi." She pondered telling him her full name, but decided against it. What was the point? She would call him Chalmes and he would call her Andi, so last names were unimportant. "Oh, and don't frown so much, okay? It ruins that nice face of yours, pretty boy." she added with a slight chuckle. 'Chalmes' and 'pretty boy' were the same in her mind. Well, close enough.

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:30 pm
User Image Saab Sever
Proud Son, Brother, Brat.

........... Saab walked along, almost skipping. But his mother had told him better. Skipping was a poor, muggle born girls work, Not his. He needed to act like a little Lord. His hands were in fists. It was boring walking like a Lord. He pouted, but walked on. His eyes looking around for a place to buy candy. He could still get chocolate. dark chocolate. It was a lords candy. He wanted some for his new school. Who knows, with chocolate, maybe he could make friends. ...........

Slytherin in Training

"My Mother knows better then you".

)'( Age 7 )'(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:12 pm
User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Chalmes Whitethorne
Squib

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Chalmes grinned a bit. He had heard the same from someone else, a while back, and suddenly his mood lifted. Hey, if he could get a depressed teen to grin, then this would be a cakewalk, in his opinion. "Must not have that many people around that are down to earth, then. And yeah, just Chalmes. My father picked it." He made a face. Well, it wasn't like his name was uber common, now was it? He'd gotten his share of teasing back when he was a kid. Now, he just made the name his own, even if he still didn't think it was a good name. "Andi, huh? No last name either? At least I have an excuse for mine." He was grinning again, showing that there were no hard feelings there. Well, at least he wasn't frowning anymore. "So, mate, if you're going to tag along, what do you think I should get a witch that's around 14?"

State: Amused

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:36 pm
User Image
User Image

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸

Диᕍɩ waited for him to catch up to her before beginning to walk down the street again. His grin seemed to be contagious, for she found herself wearing one as well, clear as day, right there on her face. It was a good feeling. "Yes, just Andi. If you ever asked for my last name, I'd tell you, but you didn't ask. So, your dad picked your name, hmm? My mom picked mine." Well, that was partially true, at least. Her mother had decided on Andonae', but after a few years, that name just didn't stick with her. Thus, Andi took the name's place. Looking back to Chalmes as she continued down the street, she pondered for a moment. "Hmm... I don't know. What's your sister like? What does she do for fun?" she asked. Based on the type of girl she was, Andi could decide what kind of gift to get her. Well, maybe. She'd be taking a wild guess, since she doesn't actually know this girl. Still, a wild guess is better than nothing.

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:58 pm
User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Chalmes Whitethorne
Squib

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Chalmes stopped and thought for a bit. What was Eretria like? Wow, that was a heck of a question. He knew Chris would have the answer to that, but his twin wasn't there now. Hadn't been seen actually since their mother's death. Well, if his brother wasn't available, then that meant he actually had to think. "Well, Eretria's... Eretria I guess. She's her own kind of person." He scratched the back of his head. "Chris would be better at describing her than I am, honestly. He's not around though, so I get to do it." Thinking again, he made a face. "She likes books a lot, and she loves quidditch. Maybe something like that?"

State: Thinking... probably hurts XD

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:20 pm
User Image
User Image

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸

Диᕍɩ watched him carefully as he thought about her questions. He made faces when he was thinking. This made her laugh, ever so slightly. "Well, we could get her a book, or some new Quidditch gear, or a book about Quidditch. Something along those lines. But it is her birthday, so you need to make it special. Hmm..." She began thinking again, chewing on the edge of her finger in the process. With what information she was given, those options seemed to be the best she could come up with. "Yeah. That's a start, at least. So, who's Chris?" she added, tilting her head in question. A friend, a brother, a lover? One could never be sure. Thus, she had to ask.

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:36 pm
User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Chalmes Whitethorne
Squib

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Chalmes's eyes widened as he realized he had said the Chris comment out loud. Well, this was... well, awkward. He stopped for a moment, trying to think of how to respond to that. "He's, was, no, is my twin. He disappeared over the summer. I don't really know where." He frowned. That... really wasn't a good topic for him, to be honest. He still felt like half of him was missing. "We're identical, so he really can't be that hard to spot. At least to me he wasn't." Making a face, he shoved those thoughts aside. Now was really not the time to think about it. "Anyway, I guess that's that. You think we should look in Quality Quidditch Supplies first or something?"

State: Thinking... actually hurts ;3;

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:01 pm
User Image
User Image

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸

Диᕍɩ stopped walking and turned to completely face Chalmes. He was frowning again, and after hearing what he had to say about Chris, she started frowning as well. Now, she wished she hadn't asked about the mysterious Chris. "Oh. I'm sorry. That must be hard, being a half without the matching other. But... I'm sure he'll turn up sooner or later." she said, smiling through the awkwardness that had grown in the atmosphere between them. She couldn't believe there was another Chalmes running around somewhere. 'Another pretty boy roaming the streets. How lovely.' she thought as he suggested a shop to visit. "Sounds like a good start to me. Let's go." she said, gripping her skateboard tightly in her hand as she ran off ahead of him, headed for the shop in question.
~Exit to Quality Quidditch Supplies~

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games