Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:05 am

With Isteth now up in her arms, R'xa actually giggled. The carefree sound had not been heard from this girl for many Turns, but Isteth was licking her chin. "Isteth!" Oh what a silly boy! He was just licking and licking away, trying to get the sand flavor out of his mouth. "Isteth, stop!"

But Aerden was talking to her, and Aerden had Impressed! Oh happy day! Were all of her friends to be dragonriders? With Tosk already up in the Stands with his beautiful bronze, R'xa felt excitement building by the moment. Could he see her from up there? Waving her free hand wildly, R'xa searched the Stands for O'dyn and Tosk - and found them both, though not seated together.

"I'll see you there," she agreed. "Actually, we can go together!" Right now, R'xa couldn't think of anything that would make this day better. Isteth was... the best thing that had ever happened to her. Of course I am! But you're the best thing ever, Isteth said, snuggling beneath her chin as she prepared to take him to the feeding table.

Tsunake
Sweet Symmetry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:11 am
Aerden and Blue Tianxiath

Aerden's grin widened at the sight of such antics, and he was more than pleased to accept the offer. "Perfect. C'mon." What incredible luck that he, Orry, and Rasthell had Impressed together. Surely it'd make the transition into Weyrlings that much easier.... but, with his perfect Tianxiath at his side, Aerden knew he'd have been fine, no matter what.

As the two sets of pairs made their way over to the feeding table, the blue didn't hesitate to cheerfully greet his gathered siblings. Hello, darlings. He made his way towards the bucket of meat that looked the best, eyeing it with approval. What a diverse little convocation we've got here! And he would know, trust him. He eyed the new riders with interest even as His joined him.

Aerden offered a slight smile and a nod for everyone gathered, but quickly focused on cutting sizable chunks of meat to feed his starving hatchling.

Tianxiath was more than happy to accept such tasty tidbits, chewing contentedly as he continued to observe. A good looking boy, Manahahtath. Oh yes, he compliments you perfectly. Almost as good as my own! Hm hm!

And of course, sweet little Triesteth had found herself quite the man, too! Oh, sweetheart, you roughed yourself up something fierce, didn't you? Plenty of time to relax and enjoy the sights then. The sights being himself, of course, and he spread his wings for emphasis.

Aerden, meanwhile, did his best to catch Rasthell--R'thell's eye now. "She's beautiful." He nodded at his little grin.

She's a good looking girl, it's true. But you came out the real winner here. Tianxiath reminded him privately, pleased. He jovially went on to address his golden sister next, eyes whirling a merry mix of blue and purple. But here's the queen of the hour... And a beautiful creature she was--almost as pretty as him! Almost.

A race, though? He twisted his head to watch his energetic sister with delight. Alenciath, darling, what a fabulous idea. Make sure you take Haitanth with you. Maybe he'd fall into a ditch, the clumsy oaf.

But moving on... Kahveth, you DID find yourself a handsome one. Maybe my Aerden can give him a few tips. Aerden paused at this, because... tips on what, exactly?

After taking a few more well-deserved bites, Tianxiath hummed with pleasure. Riojath. Your Bionden is lovely, I'm sure. Enjoying the show? He craned his neck to show off his best side--which, naturally, was all of them.

Mr Cheri

Samuel Carlin

Uta

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

faesinger

magnadearel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:11 am
Elibrie - she/her

Elibrie returned the little squeeze from her sister, and with another deep breath, put her foolish feelings away where they belonged. She shouldn't have had them in the first place, and at the very least, she should save wallowing in them for another time. This was neither the time nor the place, and there were far too many people around - Juhvek included. He'd seen her start to upset herself once before, and he didn't need to see it again.

"It's alright." Suck it up for now and get on with it, and maybe learn to not entertain foolish notions in the first place. They were almost finished, at least, and she was glad for that. An end to waiting in suspense was in sight. In the meantime, she looked to where the older Candidate poibted and quietly agreed, "She is quite pretty."

And she was, truly, but the words came out a bit flat. It was hard to put her heart into them just now, when it ached so stubbornly.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:25 am
Oranie

"There are!" She agreed. No sense in giving up until it was all over, right? And they were still young.... If they didn't Impress today, it didn't mean they would never find the dragon meant for them. At least, she hoped that would be the case for Elibrie. For her? Well. It might just end up being yet another thing Oranie had tried and failed spectacularly at.

She did stop to admire the little green, how gracefully and elegantly she moved. So confident, so sure of herself... and she had every reason to be.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:43 am
Niviora - She/Her - Western

She takes a slow breath to steady herself, watching as a couple candidates and eventually the mother step in to help a white hatch from one of the largest eggs. There’s a breath of a chuckle, watching as Etansi ran back to her dragon, and she’s happy for the kid.

There were only a few left on the sands to find Theirs; a bronze still under his shell, the brown hiding amongst the mostly wreckage of shells, the little timid green who had stood up to her upset sister. “That bronze under his shell must be ravenous by now.” He’d hatched first, after all.

The offer had been a surprise, though. It only takes her a moment of blinking in surprise before she leaned -- ever so slightly! -- against his side. The effects of numbweed had sadly worn off, and though every inch of Niviora hated to be seen as vulnerable, she smiled at her… confidant. Friend. Yes, daresay, friend. “You know I’m gonna drag you to the dancefloor later. I have to save my ankle for that.”

----

Dystzha - She/Her - Western

Etansi walking away had her eyebrows furrowing instantly -- only to relax just a tiny bit when she moved to help Shoxiel with the large blackj and rainbow swirl egg. Oh, an egg had needed help! As Khamaith had to step in and help the little white escape, Dystzha had beamed at Etansi as the candidate walked back….

And the gasp that flew out of her mouth as Etansi had stopped, turned, and ran back to the little white trailing after her.
Oh, oh…

Her heart’s warm for her friend, to see that myriad of emotions before large wings curl around and block them out from the world. Her heart ached.. For she was delighted that her friend had found Her dragon, just as she had been for Sivu. But the pangs that hit her heart, just as they had for Zhaydegan (she wondered if he was going to change his name..), are heavy, but she’s determined to not get emotional on the sands. There were such cute, sweet babies on the sands, and they deserved her welcoming feelings instead. But she smiled back at Surel, nodding to the pair of newly impressed. “Looks like we have two to meet at the Feast, hm?” She’s moving slightly, trying to stay out of the way so the babies could see her, as well. They had excellent taste in her friends, at least.

As one of the last shells, the Purple and Teal Swirl Egg, seemed to do a dance before emerging into quite the slinky green, she hummed mild approval. Hello, darling. “Quite the cute one over there.” She nods, eyeing the wing display with approval.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:46 am
Candidate Omurntas he/him - Western

The tiny tiny white quickly impressed to one of the girls who'd come to help free him from his egg and was soon carried off. Good for them. One candidate started hooting and hollering. One of the new riders must be a friend or something of his.

That didn't leave much left. Omurn shifted his stance slightly once more. He was patient and calm. Poor Butterfly was still trying to sit in his shell. A lanky green hatched from Purple/Teal Swirl and greeted them. Omurn nodded politely back to her.

Bionden and Green Riojath she/her - Western

She could hear Raiden's voice rise above the hubbub of the hatching. The pair made sure to wave energetically towards him. Bion knew she'd have to talk to him as soon as the hatching was over. Would he be able to join her at the feeding tables? The woman hoped so.

Bionden grabbed a full unclaimed bucket and offered the first few pieces of fresh meat to her new beautiful green. This is delicious Biondenmine! You should try some. She laughed and shook her head. "This is for you, and it's not really to my taste dear." Riojath gave a happy hum, more for her then!

Tianxiath! Isn't she though? Helped a poor injured candidate. The green nodded fondly. It's a very good show! With her tail curled up and twitching excitedly back and forth, her eyes whirled a happy blue.

Sweet Symmetry

Tsunake

magnadearel

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:49 am
Shoxiel - He/His - Western

As he made his way to stand back by Loctius, he turned to watch the white impress -- and the surprise to find Etansi mid-scooping him up is palpable, yet he’s happy for his friend. To see her cradle Hers has his heart warming, and he’s looking forward to meeting the little white properly later. Shoxiel hadn’t done anything important -- shifted his egg that was likely to get him in trouble later (and nothing he overly regretted trying for the little white) -- but he was glad to have had some modicum of aid, even just to prove that Khamaith’s aid had been needed.

But the amount of babies was dwindling fast, and he’s heartened so many had found their matches. Khamaith’s first clutch had been a delight. The darling green who had danced out of her shells caught his attention, appreciating her wide display of wings. She certainly knew how to make her entrance, didn’t she?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:57 am
Aelyx - Western - She/Her

"Yeah." After a second of watching more Impressions, including a little white baby, Aelyx could feel her heart breaking just a bit. She did have genuine joy for every happy baby, for ever new Rider, but...She couldn't help the bittersweet thought that maybe she might not find hers. Maybe she'd go back to making goblets and designing pottery, though being together with Huarwar would let her stay at the weyr...right? The twinge in her leg brought her thoughts back to the present, glancing down. Ugh...This thing was going to ache until they could sit, and even then she'd want to go to the infirmary to get it looked at...It definitely would heal, but she'd likely be best not standing up, "...Mind coming to my side so I can lean on you?" While the pain in her heart and leg were both distracting, it wouldn't stop her from trying to focus on the dragonets and their joy. They deserved this good time...

tatterpixie

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:03 pm
Rykin

What an entrance! And what a confident girl! Certainly more confident than he was. Rykin watched the Purple and Teal Swirl green spread her wings and admired her accordingly, sending her a touch of appreciation and awe.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:13 pm
Tyanan -- Impression!

"Yeah," Tyanan replied, the wistfulness he was feeling seeping into his words as he moved next to Aelyx, allowing her to lean against him. "I'm really happy though, you know? That the hatchlings are finding Theirs…"

He trailed off as a yearning yet comforting feeling slipped into his mind, like the feeling he got relaxing on the beach under the blue sky of a perfect summer day. Words formed in his mind then, not his words, but… someone else's, more like images and feelings that he could only interpret as words. TyananMine, why so wistful? You needn't feel so poorly, not when your Chinanazith is here.

"Muh… Mine?" The young man stammered, nearly dropping his hands from Aelyx's shoulders. He looked around for the source of the words, focusing at last on the little blue dragonet that was radiating the feelings of relaxation and calm. The blue was looking directly at him as he lay on the sands, not due to injury but a lazy, laid-back attitude. Then more words came, echoing through his very soul. Unless you'd rather one of my clutchmates... But I promise we'll be the best of friends. We can go to the beach.. and hang out in the water... I'd like to be Yours if you'll have me. A sense of uncertainty crept into the dragonet's words, along with a sense of hope that he would be accepted by the Dolphineer.

Tyanan squeezed Aelyx's shoulders. "I'm sorry, Aelyx, but I have to go…. Now…" he murmured, eyes locked with the blue dragonet's as he gently released her, distantly hoping she'd be able to stand on her own with her damaged leg. His own legs felt heavy and weak, like he was wading against the ocean currents, and he stumbled across the sands to fall to his knees once he reached the hatchling. "Ch- Chinanazith?" he managed to say. "My Chinanazith?"

The blue's eyes whirled with all the colors of the rainbow, and Tyanan felt himself getting lost in them, in the sensation of calm and ease which became tinged with joy as Impression was made. He'd been at the Candidate game for several Turns now, yet nothing he'd been taught about Impression could have prepared him for the actual sensation of his soul, his very being becoming entwined with that of a dragon. Tears welled up in his hazel eyes and he reached out one hand to gently caress Chinanazith's blue face -- such an intense blue, so vibrant, like the sky over the ocean on a perfect day.

With a choked sob, Tyanan wrapped his arms around Chinanazith. "Of course I'll have you. You're perfect. I'd have no other."

I was hoping you'd say that, Chinanazith replied with a crooning sound, nuzzling into Tyanan's embrace. We'll have such fun together, you and I. So much fun! So many adventures. Are you ready?

Tyanan laughed softly even as the tears became a torrent mixing with the sand, not wanting to leave Chinanazith's side but knowing he needed to get the little one fed and cleaned up."I was born ready," he replied with the happiest grin. "You can stand, can't you? I'll carry you if you want…"

Could you? It seemed Chinanazith didn't want to be separated from Tyanan either, even if he did seem too relaxed and lazy to walk. The Dolphineer stood slowly, wiping his hand over his tear-stained face while the other remained in contact with his -- his -- dragon, then he bent over and easily picked up the infant, holding him close to his chest as if he was a treasure to be protected.

Which, right now, he was.

Standing, Tyanan -- or Ty'nan now, he supposed -- made his way toward the exit of the Hatching Ground, toward food for his baby lifemate and water and oil to clean the little one up and make him presentable for the Hatching Feast to come later. Though as far as he was concerned, Chinanazith was perfect just as he was, covered in sand and caked-on egg goop and feelling warm and solid and real in his arms.

Now the adventure could really begin.

TheWishling
sorry Aelyx, Recognition calls!

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:19 pm
Aelyx - Western - She/Her

Oh. She watched as Tyanan seemed to have....attention, "Y-yeah. Go." A little Blue, one who seemed to have all the love and affection...Faranth she was glad for him. Shifting, she put her weight on both feet, hissing a wince at the pain of it. Ah well....Tyanan found His and that was more important than her having a support to lean on. A small choked feeling in her throat threatened to overwhelm her, but she rubbed her eyes dry, and stood straighter. No. She wouldn't let herself be....seen as anything less than the best. A good Candidate, and a proud one at that. Tyanan deserved that happiness.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:27 pm
Vodex - Western

The green eyes watched as excitement slowly filled the sands as the eggs had slowly started to hatch, this was Vodex’s third hatching in attendance and for once the touching ceremonies had gone off without too much trouble and so far the hatching was the same. While he couldn’t help but let the jovial nature of the event settle through his bones, especially considering it was baby dragons, the pink-haired man already knew none of them were for him this time. Still, he was on his best behavior considering how the last few hatchings had gone the warning in A’ral voice told him that there was little room for screw-ups this time and while the idea of causing a little bit of mischief itched under his skin begging to do so he squashed down every thought of it with the occasional pinch to his side to remind himself. It was probably a good thing Stilleto was tucked away back on his bed, if the little flit had been on his shoulder it would have been more chaos from him which likely would result in his butt being booted from the place and massive amount of regret.

Still, the best part about the hatchings was the party afterward, it meant everyone would be celebrating, and while they had chores and responsibilities of course to do the following day it didn’t mean that Vodex wouldn’t at least have some sort of fun. He did need to remember not to drink nearly as much as he did last time, he wasn’t even sure how he had made it back to his bunk last time.

His green eyes flashed back over to the eggs, there was only one golden egg left that had yet to hatch, and a few baby dragons still running around the sands looking for the right candidate that would be bonded to them for life. It was cute really in some sort of way, not that it was a word he would use out loud for anyone else to hear considering the maiming that occasionally came when hungry dragons with too much emotion bounded around. Soon though they would find theirs and would be fed and then the party would begin!  

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:28 pm
Zh'gan aand Bronze Manahahtath

Is there a bottom to your stomach? Zh'gan hadn't realized just how hungry hunger could get, not until he'd had a newly hatched dragon in his head. He hadn't yet stopped feeding pieces of meat to the bronze at his side. Could you overfeed a dragon?

I will tell you when I have had enough,Mine, Manahahtath answered fondly. You see how big I am, when some of them, he indicated his siblings, are small. My stomach is not yet full, so please, don't stop now.

In went another piece of meat. In answer to the name question, Zh'gan nodded and said, "I'm changing mine." Because his dragon would not have settled for anything less. "Zh'gan. I'm Zh'gan now."

Manahahtath chewed contentedly, radiating his approval of the name choice His had made He also shared a smaller wave of contentment directly with Ilaorunth, tail shifting slightly under his golden sister's in acknowledgement. Yes, that was as it was meant to be, gold and bronze side by side, while the others looked on.

He answered Triesteth's praise with another warm moment of acknowledged affection and suggested, Eat and rest, little sister.

Tianxiath got an indulgent rumble of a chuckle. Almost as well as his own? No. Not tht Aerden was at all off-putting. He just wasn't flawless. He was simply enough. Still, it was amusing. Yours will do. He suits you nicely, of course. That is to be expected, isn't it? You were wise in choosing him.

And as for Alenciath: Challenge accepted! the bronze answered cheerfully. After a bath, we'll really see how fast you are!

Zh'gan looked around the table, smile gone maybe a touch embarrassed at the corners, though it remained firmly in place. "Guess we're all going to be up for a little more fun, then."

demom_pachabel

Uta

Meepfur

faesinger

Tsunake

magadearal

Mr. Cheri

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:52 pm
Odellet - Western Wery- She/Her

"I really did like that blue," Odd said with a soft sigh, not caring that the object of her interest just sort of tackled his person to aggressively claim them as his. He was pretty and she liked that swagger.

She looked over the sands and the other dragonets and the lone remaining egg that she could see. Wonder what you are going to be baby, she thought, relaxed and just enjoying herself at the moment

tatterpixie
/quote]

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:10 pm
Kadosse

"Oh!"

Another of the eggs had hatched - and inside was another beautiful green! "Hello, beautiful!" Kadosse greeted, hips twisting to and fro as she swayed in place with anticipation. Who would this lovely lady go running to meet? Everybody?

She also couldn't help but glance towards the Butterfly Egg's shell where the first-hatched of the clutch still remained in hiding. Was he going to come back out anytime soon?

----

Amahno

The young lady who had impressed the blue that had held Amahno's attentions the entire hatching was not walking off with him towards the feeding tables, leaving him to turn his attention back to all of the other babies still on the sands.

I hardly think any of you want me after I just ignored you all for your brother, but there was no unhappiness to the statement. Amusement, yes, and very much at his own expense. He just hoped he didn't end up nibbled for it!  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff