Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:04 am
User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Chalmes Whitethorne
Squib

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Chalmes shrugged. He'd heard from school all of the condolences for his missing brother. None really knew what Chalmes himself suspected, though. Despite appearances to the contrary, he wasn't as dumb as he looked. Something was up, and both the disappearance of his brother and his mother's death were connected. However, it made Chalmes worry that Chris might be involved in vampires somehow. Besides, they were twins. Wouldn't he be able to tell of his twin was some kind of dead bloodsucker or something? "Hey, it's okay, mate. It's just, kinda difficult to talk about." He nodded toward Andi. "Well, it's as good a place as any to go, so then let's get there." He followed Andi, and when she broke into a run, he grinned and ran after her.

Don't think I'm weak, that would be your first mistake...

-------------------------
State: Brooding and then having fun
OOC: Talk about mood whiplash O.o
-------------------------

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:05 am
𝕬thena 𝕱ae
𝕾inger and 𝕾ongwriter,

User Image

Coyly, Diane nearly cringed at the insistence that she need not lift a finger, nor pay a dime. Ordinarily, Diane was a wild bout of fire, a storm that would never cease. As much as she wanted to tsk her tongue and wag her finger at him, tease him, and tell him that she’d never need anyone to provide for her, she simply smiled. ”You’re so sweet,” Diane smiled. After all, this was her first impression on him, she didn’t want to spoil things by being so rude.

”As it is, it’s been ages since I’ve last been down Diagon Alley, where do you recommend we eat?” She grinned up at him, loosely wrapping her fingers around the crook of his elbow as she walked alongside him. Just then, a curious little smirk wove on her red lips.

”An auror, hmm? So dangerous,” she hinted at with a teasing smile. ”What sorts of insanity do you deal with here, anyway?”

My voice
--- Veela
------ Diagon Alley Streets
---------- with Arnold
-------------- ♪ ♫ ♪

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:04 pm
"Knowledge is Power"

"The best defense is a good offense"

User Image

Arnold Cloud
Thoughts: This is amazing
Desires: Her

"Why thank you, and I guess I would say the Leaky Cauldron. I believe it is the only one that is within close distance. I'm honestly not sure if there are more. I haven't been in Diagon Alley in quite the time as well. I do however know the way so follow me," he said, smiling at her, almost lost at words because he was gracing the presence of a star. This was one of the best days he's had in awhile so far. He was composed, quite composed; that is, until he felt a hand touch his arm. He had not known what to do, but his gut feeling said to stay calm and just wish she keep her hand there, but part of him wanted to just put her in his arms and keep her there. He didn't know why he had this strong, compelling feeling, but it was...invigorating. But he kept composed, fighting those urges.

"Yes, an Auror. It is...quite dangerous. One really has to be on their toes or the worst would come of them. Fortunately, I have been quite skillful in my dueling as of late; so I have not met the hardest of matches yet. But I fear with the uprisings of evil followers and whatnot, I will soon meet that challenge. But other than that, we see a lot of criminals, I've found a few of the evil followers, which have been sent to Azkaban. But that's about it right now. Nothing really right now," he said, skipping over the whole kidnapping scene, mostly because he was in America, working with their wizard authority to apprehend a British fugitive wizard, along with his dad sorting out a clause in the Wizard law office that allowed Arnold to go. But he would leave that out for now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:47 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Nicko Meridith

Houseless -≻ First Year
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Single Eleven

Company: People.
Doing: Killing time. .

Nicko and his father, Silas, walked out of the entrance to the Alley from the Leaky Cauldron. "Now Nicko, I shouldn't be too long. Just kill some time here and then we'll head on back. Here," his father said and handed him a handful of galleons. "Have some fun," he said, then walked into the store where he was heading to repair a book. Nicko sighed. "Right... have some fun. That's easy for you to say," he mumbled to himself and heaved out a sigh. Well, guess I should start walking, he thought to himself.

Out Of Cookies: ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:58 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

Ah, summer. A time of relaxation and freedom for one to do whatever they wished. Chance and Cecille, hand in hand, set foot into the streets of Diagon Alley. In the boy's pocket was a small amount of money in the form of coins that jiggled and jangled with every step he took. The thirteen year old Ravenclaw was, in one way or another, nervous about the upcoming year. His precious sister would be attending Hogwarts with him, and he feared the worst. What if she was picked on, teased, excluded from group activities? And, god, her classes. Flying? No way. It had been specified in the girl's letter from the school that she would be taking special classes due to her "condition". Cecille, who had not read the letter herself, accepted the fact that she would not be in regular classes with other students. Her only desire was to learn. But these were thoughts for another day. Right now, the pair just wanted to enjoy their summer vacation. "Don't move, Sis. I'm gonna count out how much money we have. Then we can get your supplies, or whatever we can get, I suppose." Chance said, reaching in his pocket and removing the coins. As he began counting, Cecille got bored. Cane in hand, she set out on her own down the street, tapping the pole on the ground to avoid running into anything too terribly hard. Unfortunately, she had just as much luck as her brother did, and found herself crashing into something, or someone. A loud "Oww!" escaped the girl, and she dropped her cane, her only means of direction. Dull eyes stared at nothing as she waved her hands in front of her, as if in surrender. "Oh my! I-I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to run into, uhh... Are you a person or a lamppost?" Though to some it may seem like a joke, but she was completely serious in her question. And she expected a completely serious answer, whether it be words from a person, or silence from a lamppost.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:25 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Nicko Meridith

Houseless -≻ First Year
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Single Eleven

Nicko was about to start walking... somewhere when someone collided hard with his back. "Owww, watch..." he started to snap and wheeled around, seeing the girl feeling around for...something. "It's alright. And I'm a person," he said when she apologized and saw the cane on the floor. Stooping down, he picked it up, then took her hand gently and put it back in her hands. "I'm Nicko. And you are?" he asked, smiling lightly.

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:43 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

Cecille stared blindly, allowing the person to put her cane back in her hand. She gripped it tightly, as if it was a life source. And to her, it pretty much was. She was very glad to hear that it was a person and not a lamppost that she had ran into. It was always good to talk to a live human, instead of an inanimate object. "Sorry again, umm, Nicko. M-My name is Cecille." she replied. Not to her knowledge, she was looking off in the completely opposite direction of the boy. Not like she could tell, anyways.

Meanwhile, a little ways down the street, Chance had finished counting his coins. Truthfully, there was not much there. Just enough to get his sister's and his supplies, but it was barely enough for them to get by. "Okay, Sis. Let's start-" He stopped, turning to where his sister had been just a moment ago. Where had she gone? Did someone snatch her up? Kidnappers! That's what it was! His baby sister had been kidnapped! "Cecille? Cecille, where are you? Can you hear me? Sis?" Frantic, the highly protective older brother began searching for the tiny girl. If he lost her here, Mother would murder him!

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:08 am
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Nicko Meridith

Houseless -≻ First Year
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Single Eleven

The boy smiled lightly when Cecille started talking to the wall and gently turned her head so she was looking at him. "It's perfectly fine. You have a very pretty name." A boy slightly up the road caught Nicko's attention as he looked around frantically. "Um, Cecille, I think your brother is looking for you. Come, I'll walk you to him," he said and gently took her hand in his. "So, are you two here to get stuff for Hogwarts?" Nicko was hopeful that she would be joining him this year at school.

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:52 am
User ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

A hand on her face confused Cecille, and when it turned her head in another direction, she figured that she was looking away from the boy the whole time. How embarrassing! He complimented her name, calling it pretty, and a faint tinge of pink lit up on her pale skin. "Oh... Thank you. I like my name... and yours too. I've never met a Nicko before." she said, hoping not to seem a fool. A sound hit her ear, a voice calling out in a panicked tone. It was Chance. Jeez, why did he worry so much? She couldn't even wander down the street without him having a heart attack. "Yeah... That's Chance. He's two years older than me, and he worries a lot. It's okay though, I guess. It just means that he cares is all." Cecille gripped Nicko's hand when he took hers, and allowed him to lead her down the street. "Yes, we are. I'm going to Hogwarts after this summer. Are you here for the same?" A friend in a new place would greatly be appreciated. It meant she would not be alone. Or, not be alone whenever her brother wasn't around.

Chance looked around, scanning the area for his sister. When he saw her coming towards him, he sighed in relief. Then he took note of the entire situation: she was holding a boy's hand. He could have growled like an angry wolf. Stalking over to them, he glared at the boy. "Who are you and why are you touching my sister." It was said more as a serious statement rather than a question. Cecille reacted quickly. "It's fine, Chance. I dropped my cane and he picked it up for me. And he helped me back over here to you, so-" She was cut off as Chance began to rant. "Peidiwch â rhedeg oddi ar gan eich hun, Cecille! Mae'n rhy beryglus i chi! Fe allech chi wedi cael ei herwgipio neu ceisiedig brifo neu rywbeth!" His anger was clear in his voice, even if the words he spoke were not English. Cecille blinked, and stared at what she figured was her brother's face. "Doeddwn i ddim yn gael herwgipiwyd a doeddwn i ddim gael eu hanafu. Rwy'n dod o hyd Nicko, a bu'n cadw fi'n ddiogel. Rwy'n iawn, Chance. Yr wyf yn addo." The girl's voice was completely opposite her brother's, calm and soothing instead of sharp and annoyed. Chance glared at his sister, but he lost it. His icy glare disappeared, and a softness formed in his eyes. He reached out and put his hand on Cecille's head, petting her snowy hair. "Yn anffodus, Sis. Fi jyst phoeni amdanoch chi." Cecille smiled, and squeezed Nicko's hand. Chance sighed, and looked back to the boy. "I'm sorry. Let's start over. I'm Chance, Cecille's brother. And you are?" He still didn't like that fact that this boy, whoever he was, was holding his sister's hand, but he would allow it. For now, anyways.

Translations:
"Don't run off by yourself, Cecille! It's too dangerous for you! You could have been kidnapped or gotten hurt or something!"
"I didn't get kidnapped and I didn't get hurt. I found Nicko and he kept me safe. I'm okay, Chance. I promise."
"Sorry, Sis. I just worry about you."

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:01 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Nicko Meridith

Houseless -≻ First Year
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Single Eleven

Nicko was about to answer Cecille when the boy he was leading her to stormed up to them. He demanded to know who Nicko was, but Cecille answered him. Then they started speaking in... was it Welsh? Nicko barely recognized the language, since he had only lived in Wales a short while. He heard his name come from Cecille's mouth and glanced at her. Then the boy apologized and introduced himself as Chance. Nicko smiled and held his other hand out for a shake. "I'm Nicko. Sorry if I scared you there. Saw someone in need and did my best to help," he said with a smile.

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:23 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

Chance eyed the boy suspiciously, then took his hand and shook it. What kind of person just helps out a person they've never even met before? Well... a good person, he supposed. He wouldn't admit it, but this boy had earned his respect. "Hmm. Well, thanks for helping out my sister, I guess..." he muttered, rubbing the back of his head. He had overreacted, and he knew it. Cecille, hearing her brother's words, smiled. "Nicko. You never answered my question. Are you going to Hogwarts this year too? Or do you already go there?" she asked. Chance looked from his sister to the boy. If he was going to attend the school at the same time as his sister, then maybe, just maybe, he could watch out for her when he was unable to.

{ooc: dat short post. ;3;}

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:35 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Nicko Meridith

Houseless -≻ First Year
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Single Eleven

"Hey, anytime," he said in response to Chance thanking him. When Cecille asked if he was coming to Hogwarts, he nodded, then remembered she was blind. He felt a little color rise to his cheeks and said, "Yeah, I'll be a first year soon. You guys are here to get supplies, right?" he asked. Nicko already had everything he needed, but he could go shopping with them. After all, his father had told him to have some fun.

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:19 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

His assumption was correct. Nicko was in fact an incoming first year, just like Cecille. Chance nodded to himself. As Nicko nodded and reddened, Chance watched him. He must have forgotten about Cecille's condition, he figured. What an odd thing to forget. It was like forgetting which hand you wrote with, or forgetting to put shoes on in the morning. No matter. Cecille, on the other hand, was oblivious to all of this. "Yay! You'll be my friend, right? Right, Nicko?" The girl grinned, excited for an opportunity to gain a friend. Chance answered the boy's question while his sister asked her own. "Yes, we are." he said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out the small pile of various coins his mother had given to him that morning. It wasn't much, but it was just enough to purchase Cecille's supplies. Chance? Well, he could manage without new things for school.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:35 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Nicko Meridith

Houseless -≻ First Year
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Single Eleven

Nicko smiled when Cecille asked if they were going to be friends when they got to Hogwarts and said, "I would very much like that Cecille." He glanced at Chance and nodded to the older boy. "Would you mind if I accompanied you, sir? I have nothing else to do for a while," he said and bowed his head, hoping the older boy wouldn't mind the extra company.

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:28 am
User ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

Cecille grinned, happier than ever before, and managed to hug her new friend. And without letting go of his hand too. The girl had skill in giving hugs. "Yay! We'll be best friends!" she exclaimed. The excitement on her face could clearly be seen. Chance also cracked a small smile. He was glad that his sister had found a friend, even if it was with... a boy. He was called "sir" and his smile faded, brown eyes blinking in confusion. Sir? He was no sir. To one, a prince, but to everyone else, just an odd boy. "Uhhh... Sure, I suppose. What do you think, Sis?" He turned to his sister, who nodded her head vigorously. "Of course he can come with us." she replied. Chance looked back to Nicko. "Well then, it's settled. We'll all go together. Where to first?" They had many places to go. The bookstore, the clothing shop, everywhere. Hopefully, if they got their shopping done early, they would have the time to just bum around the Alley afterwards. But that all depended on how fast the three of them could shop.

User Image

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games