Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:19 pm
Nashwa and Gold Ilaorunth

If that is your wish, sister, then it is done. And so it was - unless prompted otherwise, the incident would likely never occur to Ilaorunth again. She practically preened under the feelings of kindness heaped upon her by Triesteth, almost as though she was being groomed, and made sure to share it all with Hers so that she know exactly how alright everything was, no cause to worry or feel any guilt at all. Though she had certainly not learned much of anything, it was early yet, and Nashwa would take it, and find a way to twist it into some approximation of a learning experience. You see? That wasn't so hard at all. The young woman adored her bonded, every last inch and facet of her, but there were things she would need to learn, and better sooner rather than later. And, of course, Ilaorunth had some opinions on what Nashwa needed, in turn.

Nashwa accepted R'thell's and Zh'gan's answers with a smile and an approving nod - not that they needed her approval, far from it! "I have a feeling names aren't the only thing that's going to take some getting used to," she mused, though the words were all fondness and warm humor. Whatever her new life had in store, Ilaorunth was by her side, and together they would take it all as it came. "I look forward to it."

At Fahn's comment that kissing Alenciath tasted like egg-goop, she couldn't help but laugh even as she pressed a delicate kiss to her own dragon's muzzle. "Egg goop and raw meat, what's not to love?"

The first segment of Alenciath's reply might have been cause for a brief moment of offense, if not for what followed it; instead she was most pleased, and her eyes held steadily to their happy colors. Her wings flared just slightly - though not enough to bump anyone or anything - and she arched her neck, looking quite smug. How right you are, Alenciath, darling. She was eating up every last ounce of attention, even the wordless variety, pooling her own contentment with Manahahtath's. But not to be left out of fun, she was quick to butt in, Oh, there's to be a race, is there? I volunteer as judge. Not that participating wouldn't have been fun, but this way, she would be in a far better position to admire freshly bathed and oiled hides.

For all her delight at having her bronze brother's close company as they ate, Ilaorunth couldn't help that her gaze strayed other brother's began to join them, and the blue of her eyes took on more and more purple. Tianxiath, dearest, she greeted warmly, her posture taking on a still coyer lilt. Come, won't you sit near Manahahtath and I? It will be so much more convenient for everyone if they're not torn about where they ought to look. Yes, the eyecandy was best all gathered in one place...with her at the center, of course.

Nashwa was utterly delighted to see who accompanied the dark blue, and her smile brightened further. Aerden was a friend and favorite chore-mate - You have a favorite chore-mate? And it's that fine specimen? Darling, we clearly need to have a heart-to-hearts about the proper use for muscles like those. - and she couldn't have been more pleased to see him Impressed. There also seemed something different about him, although she supposed that could likely be said for all of them in some way. "He suits you...or should I say you suit him? Either way, congratulations."

demon_pachabel

Uta

Tsunake

Samuel Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:30 pm
Whren - High reaches Wery- He/Him

Butterfly was still out of sight and he knew he should focus on the others, but the fact the bronze was hiding still was a bit concerning. He probably was fine and could breath fine but it was just an itch there. Dragon, under sands, just waiting.

He gave a minute shake of his head and focused on the other hatchings. A pair of greens, a brown, and an egg still to be hatched. Things were wrapping up once again. He swallowed back a tinge of disappointed and pushed it down deep, nope not now.

There was dragons still and he would be there in the hatching, giving them the attention they all deserved.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:48 pm
Dipsi- Western Weyr

More dragons were impressing and there was only one egg left that had yet to crack it's shell. Dipsi's hopes of impressing were fading into the background of her mind but the young artist could not say she was disappointed. It was only her first time standing and now she was placed at the weyr she would have other chances.
Being of the type that was unable to stay still for any real stretch she pushed her hands out behind her back, cracked her knuckles and kicked at the sand.

When the egg had called out for help she had tried to go to it with the rest, but she was somewhat lost in the crowd and trapped by the press of bodies around her. Never the less it was a treat to see her first white hatchling.

As she strained to see the adorable small bean her eyes found Finnisa instead as a twist of pain distorted her features. Dipsi stopped and gently put a hand on her arm. "Hey there, you okay, you are looking a little pale, I can help you to the healer if you need it." Dipsi was a kind soul when the chips were down. But it would have been a more convincing show of compassion if her head had stopped twitching to look over at the sands every time a hint of a dragon got close to her. But she had meant the offer genuinely.

ShinosBee
Finnisa—High Reaches—She/Her

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:55 pm
Haveli

When the charming blue impressed, the charm seemed to wear off and the creeping knowledge of how many eggs versus candidates were left hit Haveli like a gut punch. The odds of going back to High Reaches, going home in this case, were astronomically high. She was already aware of how many candidate-to-eggs there were to start, but now it had nearly tripled that.

She couldn't let that get to her though, not yet. Not until there was only one dragon left and it passed her by, only then would she let her mind travel to a different path. For now she was on this one, her goal still firmly ahead.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:45 pm
Rundanrul - Western

A few Candidates stepped forward as the large Rainbow Swirl egg asked for help and it drew Rundanrul's attention away from the shell covering the Butterfly bronze. He raised a brow as he watched, Khamaith in his sights as well, and although the Candidates did their best they couldn't help the dragon escape. He was surprised it all went so well, but he supposed the egg did ask. One of the Candidates ended up impressing the white that emerged and he looked away again, ignoring the rather beautiful entrance another green made.

---

Surel - Western

Surel bit her bottom lip as Etansi moved forward to help the egg. She almost tried to reach out and grab to her to stop her from doing so, but other Candidates were moving forward as well. She shrunk back a bit, hiding behind Dystzha once again, eyes on Khamaith as the golden queen trained her gaze on the little group. Oh no...

But nothing bad happened. In fact, everything turned out well. Very well. A little polite white emerged from the thick shell and no sooner had Etansi started to head back, than the little white trotted after her. Surel's heart leapt as Etansi turned right back around to scoop up the little white, the Impression so heartwarming that it drew a few tears to her eyes.

"Oh...oh yes," she said a bit breathlessly, Dystzha's words making her realize they were still very much in the thick of things here. She grabbed at the sleeve of Dystzha's robe, feeling a bit less overwhelmed now that it was just the two of them, and tried to keep her in front of her just a bit.

"You can stay there," she said with a weak smile. "I can see."

---

Vimeran

"Mm. First to hatch," Vimeran agreed, glancing over to the shell where the bronze had tucked himself again. Vimeran understood the 'five more minutes' feeling quite well and it seemed Butterfly bronze wanted a bit more of a lay-in. Hopefully now that the sands were less full of his siblings he'd be more willing to come out.

The comment that followed the weight resting against him made him roll his eyes hard. Yup, instant regret. You try to do something nice...

"You should be thinking about what's before you and not what the evening holds," he scolded with a dry tone of voice, keeping his gaze forward to the eggs. "And I don't dance. And you shouldn't either."

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:41 pm
[ lyfrocier ] of green guarath - impression post - he/him - western

There were more fights, more blood, and, fortunately enough, resolutions--Lyfrocier watched as the scene played out before him, with a handful of the dragonets on the Sands finally breaking off to go find Theirs. It seemed that Sablie had made it through the altercation alright, and Lyfrocier glanced in her direction, trying to make certain of the fact before he decided on his next move. Should they change how they were standing? Perhaps a better plan would be to get into a less condensed line in order to prevent anything like this again--

--and then the world seemed to fall out from under him all at once.

LyfrocierMine, are you done playing the part of a rug? Because your Guarath is tired of watching others walk all over you. Attend me, for I am quite hungry, and if you did not know that, I will think you a simpleton.

Those thoughts, those words--they weren't his. They were--His, as a mental nudge reminded him before the thought could fully finish forming. Lyfrocier couldn't take his eyes off of the the little Green as she approached again, head held high and eyes whirling every possible color.
He knew what that meant. There was no twinge of fear in his heart for his parents' reaction, though--Guarath was meant to be His, just as he was meant to be Hers. Everything clicked into place so effortlessly, and for once, he found himself completely at a loss for words.
As you should be. I'm a luxury few can afford, after all. Guarath's tone was smug beyond belief, and he was utterly captivated as her eyes finished their rainbow spectacle before settling on the most beautiful blue he'd ever seen. But I know you have good taste. It's part of why I picked you--you can appreciate someone like me.
"I-- I certainly can." he stammered, crouching down to scoop Guarath up in his arms. He could feel her heartbeats against his chest as she instinctively settled into place, curling her tail around his forearm--nothing had ever felt so right and comforting in his life, and suddenly, Lyfrocier understood what had driven his biological father to pursuing the life of a rider. He didn't have to ask if she was comfortable; he knew she was, and Guarath certainly would have told him if she wasn't. His eyes prickled as he stared down at her tiny form, curled up so perfectly and so close--he wanted to memorize every detail of her, down to the very last freckle on her hide.

Reality had begun to seep back in, though, eroding their moment with heat and sound from a world that seemed...different. Everything was aligned just so, and he couldn't fathom how he hadn't seen it until now. He wasn't alone with Guarath, but still here on the Sands, with so many people nearby--including somebody he really should be addressing, given the way she was looking at him right now.
"Her name is Guarath." He didn't have to announce it to the world--but Sablie deserved to know. "She's..." Top notch? The pinnacle of excellence? she interjected, making sure to let Sablie hear her commentary as well. There was the note of laughter to her mindvoice, but she couldn't say she wasn't well and truly serious. "Yes. All that and more." Good. She had known for certain that he would agree, but hearing Hers sing her praises was music to her ears. There was a more pressing matter that needed to be attended to, however, and while Hers would never dream of forgetting, Guarath felt it prudent to give him a bit of a reminder.
Love, I don't mean to cut this short-- Guarath shifted slightly, turning to look up at him. --but I am dreadfully hungry. Perhaps we can continue the compliments over something to eat?
"Of course." Lyf paused to straighten up, taking a deep breath to calm some of the uncharacteristic enthusiasm still rattling through his nerves--when he looks at Sablie again, there's still clear traces of a smile on his face in spite of himself. "We'll be off, then. But--good luck, Sablie. I wish you the best."

With that, he turned away, walking toward the feeding tables with his dragon as if every eye were on them. There was another queen on the Sands, although she lacked her sister's golden hide, and he would carry her with the decorum that she deserved.

Dea and #Teddy#
; v;/

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:49 pm
Finnisa—High Reaches—She/Her
Finnisa startled somewhat out of her musings over the hatchlings (and the pending feast) when someone touched her. It wasn't unusual, with so many on the sands, candidates were bumping shoulders all the time, but this was slightly different. This was intentional, and for just a moment she thought maybe she was in the way of someone who was off to meet their dragon.

"Ah, sorry... sorry, what? Oh..." She glanced down at her hand, shifting it from where she'd kept it held against her middle, revealing the mostly dried blood across the back. "It's not too bad. Just got cuffed a little when the... when all that happened earlier. Thank you though, I think I'm okay for now." It was a kind gesture, and perhaps it was the kindness that encouraged her to continue, and open up somewhat more than usual. Or maybe it was the after-effect of seeing the little white safely hatched. "No, it's just... there was an egg like that one, the one that needed help, at another hatching I was at before. I tried to help and... it didn't go so well," she admitted, eyes again sliding over the little white hatchling. Thank goodness this time it had gone better. "Just bad memories, I suppose. I really am alright though."

A pause. "I'm sorry, I'm Finnisa. Or Finn, that's fine too. From High Reaches, which I assume is why you only look sort of familiar to me, and I can't remember your name, if we've met. Sorry, if we've met, I mean."

Sinders Path
Dipsi- Western Weyr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:30 pm

As Purple and Teal Swirl green flounced around, parading herself for the Candidates, the Golden Flourish egg had begun to rock. Not a big rock, but a soft rock back and forth. As it rocked, Spotted Green green padded softly toward the Candidates to observe them anxiously. Wherever Orange Galaxy brown was, he certainly wasn't visible at the moment.

The Spotted Green green peeked at the Candidates, looking each and every one over shyly. Maybe... one of these was her rider? She couldn't tell and wasn't sure.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:38 pm
Josen

As the Spotted Green green drew closer to the candidates, Josen couldn't stop himself from nudging Serrekhar for the thousandth time. A timid, sweet-looking little thing?

"Look alive, man," the large man was so obvious in his type that he had to at least make the comment. Though she was hardly the only one moving out there - the Purple and Teal Swirl green was putting on a show of her own and...the final egg was also moving.

----

Papys

Oh!

"Hello there, dear. Do you need some help?" Papys asked eagerly as the little Spotted Green green got closer. If she at least wanted a little company he'd have been all too happy to help! Of course, it probably would have gone better to see one of her siblings walking her.

Where was that brown from earlier? Maybe he'd do it?

----

Juhvek

"Here she comes," Juhvek nodded to the little green that had stepped between fighting siblings earlier to try and stop everything - what a brave little one! Of course, one of the eggs he'd touched on his own was now moving and Juhvek looked at Gold Flourish with one of those half-expressions he had so often.

As though he was wondering if he'd left any memorable indent at all. Unlikely.

Meepfur

Tsunake

----

Matotoka

Just because one green had left the sands didn't mean Matotoka got to check out now - he watched the Purple and Teal Swirl green as she showed off, bringing a smile back to his face. Wasn't she a sight?

And of course, the final egg had begun to rock....  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:40 pm
Rian - she/her - HR

Keeping track of everything going on at hatchings was a challenge, but Rian supposed it was a good exercise in being aware of surroundings --- and that, in turn, seemed important if she ever Impressed. Keeping track of a lot of things at once was an essential skill, after all! (And in more than one thing, too --- if she ended up a kitchen worker, or minding the creche, or anything like that, she had to have similar abilities built up!)

So, she tried to pay careful attention to what was happening --- namely, more Impressions, the enormous rainbow swirl egg hatching to reveal a tiny white who in turn Impressed almost immediately, another green hatching and the last egg close to doing so as well. There were still a few babies left to Impress, but she didn't have the first clue who or what kind of person they might be looking for.

(Mostly, she was just relieved the white had hatched smoothly --- she'd considered going over herself, but there were more than enough people helping already, so she'd stayed put. Which turned out to be just as well, all things considered!) Now, though, it felt like things were beginning to wind down a bit --- or maybe that was just an illusion, since there were still quite a few dragonets still looking for theirs? Sweet dears, she hoped they found who they were looking for without too much trouble.  

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Spockat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:46 pm
Loctius - [He/Him] - Western Weyr
Such a sweet little hesitant green, creeping her way closer to the candidates. She'd find hers! She could be brave, Loctius had faith in the little one. He mentally cheered her one from the spot in the stands, positively sweltering as shifted from foot to foot. There ones one egg left to go, finally rocking and ready to make their appearance.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:47 pm
Dextelia-High Reaches

A new green had hatched from an egg and another egg was moving. Her eyes watched the egg, wondering what could be hiding within that last egg. Excitement was starting to brim more and more inside of her once again. Even if there was still a sadness she felt from the prospect of not being chosen she was happy to be where she was and able to have this chance, a chance she never thought she'd get to ever have.  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:52 pm
Haveli

The last egg was moving, she had no idea where that brown went, and there was a bronze out there somewhere mingling among the greens. It made Haveli's stomach lurch as she watched the dragonets look folks over. The egg that was rocking was the first one she touched, if she could recall correctly, and so there was a bit of fondness there. An egg that had been more than happy to welcome her was a good change.

This whole clutch overall seemed rather joyful, minus the mauling which probably wouldn't have happened if that brown hadn't really caused problems to start. It was nice to get to see them like this, even if she never got to really know their names. Perhaps they would come and visit High Reaches and she could see them that way.

--

Maishel

It seemed to be winding down, with only a handful of dragonets and eggs left for the many, many candidates left standing. Maishel wondered how many of them were currently feeling- surely more than a few must be panicking for one reason or another - and she leaned forward slightly where she sat. Where had that brown dragonet gotten on to?

She'd liked how it had appeared from nowhere and solved a problem, only to slip away once it was done.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:55 pm
Elibrie - she/her

Elibrie was quiet but for a soft sound of acknowledgement when Juhvek pointed out the little green who started to pad towards the Candidates, while her more flamboyant sister strutted her stuff. Though it was true, they were lovely, her admiration was distant at best, detachment setting in in the wake of emotion, however quickly she had quelled it.

No, she wouldn't get her hopes up. She'd been foolish enough for one day.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake

Meepfur
Crew

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:00 pm
Jemaselle - High Reaches Weyr - She/her

The hatching was winding down and it was going well. Sure she hadn't found her partner yet, but it would come in time. The hatchings were finding their partners though and quickly and well there was almost always some sort of drama on the sands. That wasn't new. She looked over the greens as they started to seriously began to look, and then glanced at the rocking egg. Wonder what was still lying inside there.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff