Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:48 am
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Nicko Meridith

Houseless -≻ First Year
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Single Eleven

Company: People.
Doing: Killing time. .

Nicko felt a blush rise to his cheeks when Cecille hugged him and he was unsure of why, but he knew that it was a happy feeling. Cecille seemed genuinely happy to call Nicko a friend. When Chance said he could come along, he smiled and nodded. "Thank you. So where do you want to go first? I already have all my stuff, so I don't need to get anything." His robes were already prefitted, his books and equipment ordered. He was here to accompany his father.

Out Of Cookies: ...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:43 am
It's a thief in the night to come and grab you
It can creep up inside you and consume you
A disease of the mind, it can control you
It's too close for comfort

User Image

Ruby Nightshade
Eleven~Halfblood~Scorpio
Unsorted First Year

User Image
Ruby stepped through the hole to Diagon Alley, and walked confidently in. She had been here once, but she had been little. Now, tall for her age and looking older than she really was, she could have a bit of fun. She walked past the shop windows, looking at their wares through the glass. For now she she was mostly just curious, but she would have to double back to buy things anyway. She saw two kids that looked around her age, and one older. She smiled at them from a distance, but since they looked to be going elsewhere, she admired Prince Charming, Snow Fairy, and angry redhead from afar. Ruby leaned on a shop wall and watched the crowds, looking like she was daring someone to talk to her,
User Image

Put on your pretty lies, you're in the city of wonder
It isn't going to play nice, watch out you might just go under
Better think twice, your train of thought will be altered
So if you must falter be wise
Your minds in disturbia
It's like the darkness is light
Disturbia, am I scaring you tonight?

Kai Sparrowheart

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:09 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

Chance found Nicko's blushing odd, and he narrowed his eyes in a glare. He had no right to be blushing from his sister's hug. But, he kept these thoughts to himself. If he exploded at the boy, Cecille would surely scold him. And he didn't want that. He didn't ever want to see her unhappy, thus he would let this small incident slide for now. "I think we should check the book shop first, ask if they have anything in stock written in Braille." he replied to the boy. Cecille, excited about getting new books, tugged on Nicko's hand and reached out her free one to her brother. "Lead the way!" Chance took Cecille's cane and replaced his hand into hers, then they started walking down the street. The thirteen year old, watching everyone that gave them a sideways glance, took note of a girl Nicko's and Cecille's age that was... watching them. Well, that's kinda creepy. "Don't look now, but I think we have a stalker." he said, then instantly felt horrible. A bad choice of words on his part, but Cecille didn't seem to mind. She just smiled and stared straight ahead. "Where? Who is it? What's going on?" she asked, oblivious to her brother's minor panic over the small issue of using the wrong words.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:23 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Nicko Meridith

Houseless -≻ First Year
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Single Eleven

Nicko glanced in the direction Chance indicated and saw the girl watching them. "I think you're right, Chance," he said, then shrugged. "Um, she's kinda just standing there Cecille. She might not even be looking at us. I'd say let's just go into the book store. If they don't have what you're looking for here, I can have my Da special order some stuff."

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:11 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

Chance watched the girl for a few minutes longer, then gave his attention back to the two eleven year old's he was with. "Hmm? Oh, yes. Flourish and Blotts. It's this way. I hope they have the right books." he said, and continued walking. Cecille, interested by what Nicko said, turned her attention to him. "Your Da? He has lots of books, or something?" she asked. She thought that would be wonderful, having lots of books. She loved books, even if she couldn't read normal ones. Most of the time, Chance read to her from a big book of fairy tales they kept by her bed. Still, she loved the stories. Princes and princesses and, her favorite, fairy godmothers. Or fairies in general. She liked things with wings, probably because flying was just a distant dream of hers that would never come true.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:49 pm
It's a thief in the night to come and grab you
It can creep up inside you and consume you
A disease of the mind, it can control you
It's too close for comfort

User Image

Ruby Nightshade
Eleven~Halfblood~Scorpio
Unsorted First Year

User Image
Ruby saw the other kids looking at her cautiously and she silently giggled and looked the other way. Ruby wished more people would get there soon, she wasn't a fan of being bored. Her eyes passed over more shop windows, taking in the sight of teetering piles of cauldrons, cages, and books. She would have started shopping already, but where was the fun in going by herself?
User Image

Put on your pretty lies, you're in the city of wonder
It isn't going to play nice, watch out you might just go under
Better think twice, your train of thought will be altered
So if you must falter be wise
Your minds in disturbia
It's like the darkness is light
Disturbia, am I scaring you tonight?

Kai Sparrowheart

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:02 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Nicko Meridith

Houseless -≻ First Year
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Single Eleven

The boy chuckled a little nervously when Cecille asked if his father had a lot of books. A lot was an understatement. Should he tell her about the library? He voted no, at least for now. "Sorta. My da owns Tomes and Scrolls, a book store in Hogsmeade. I'm sure if I asked him, he'd be able to get you braille books." He scratched his head and sighed as they reached the door to Flourish and Botts. The girl that was watching them appeared to be looking in another direction now. Nic sighed and shrugged to himself.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:39 pm
User Image

Hey you, look around!
Can you hear that noise? It's a rebel sound.
We got nowhere else to go.

User Image

Magni wandered around Diagon Alley, trying to find something to do. He had just gotten back from school, and was eager to get something from some of the stores. A new broom maintenance kit would be nice, as would a trop to Weasley's. His friends back in Durmstrang probably wouldn't understand why he sometimes preferred English things, that is, until he reminded them that he was born and raised in England. Then they would all go out of their way to apologize. Sometimes, it just gave him a headache. He stopped and looked at the quidditch shop, trying to figure out what he should and should not get on this trip..

┏━━━━ᚦ━━━━━┓
State: Considering
OOC: ...

┗━━━━ᚦ━━━━━┛

And when the sun goes down, and we fill the streets,
You're gonna dance 'til the morning to the rebel's beat.
You can take everything from me, oh, yeah.
You can take everything from me
'Cause this is all I need.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

TechNerd0072

Dapper Genius

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:27 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image
Fouth YearHufflepuffChaserBig Brother
Little SisterUnsortedFirst YearPureBlood

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
Dhyl held on tight to his little sister's hand as she skipped excitedly through the street. He looked like he was tired and sad, much like he did last year. A few things about him were different this summer, the glasses that were now perched on his thin nose, and the two black hoops pierced through his left ear. He didn't know why he had pierced it, just that he decided to. Luckily, neither his Dad nor his step-"mum" paid enough attention to notice, or he would have gotten in huge trouble. Minn didn't seem to mind his changes, since she was the only one he would talk to anymore.

Minn was bouncy as usual, constantly skipping off to look at one thing or another in shop windows. After a while of window shopping, she looked up. Jade eyes met sapphire as the siblings looked at each other, Minn's dark green eyes shining. "So Dhylly, were are we going to go first? Maybe to meet some of your friends?"

Dhyl quirked an eyebrow at his sister's use of his pet name, then sighed when she asked to meet up with his friends. Of course, he had to have the one sister interested in his social life. "I think we'll head to the bookstore first, then the apothecary, robes, then the pet store. Dad took you last week to get your wand, so we don't need to worry about that." It was painfully obvious that he had purposely avoided her second question. He sighed and began to head up the street.

{OoC~ Feel free to interact with us! :3}

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:57 pm
User Image

Just when you think, you got me figured out
The season's already changing

User Image

Eretria walked along Diagon Alley from Whiz Hard Books, thinking that she really needed to return a certain present she got for her birthday over the summer. She had her suspicions that Chris had always bought the gifts, but this just confirmed it. What made her really puzzled was a journal that she received that same day, ehere all she had to do was write in it and the ink vanished after a whispered word, only to reveal itself when another word was spoken. Whoever had sent it had left no note, and had used a standard postal owl, so she had no idea where it could have come from.

Sighing, she ran a hand through her hair, and spied her destination. Quality Quidditch Supplies. She would have preferred a pair of really nice gloves as opposed to the servicing kit she had gotten. While the kit was nice, she had gotten one from her father two years ago when he heard she joined the quidditch team. It wasn't until she was alost on top of them that there were a pair of individuals, well, three if you included the blond, walking through the street. Only one she recognized, and that was because she had watched everyone carefully at school. She frowned. Little sister, perhaps? She had to investigate.
"Nolynn? What are you doing here? Where's Hawthorn, or did the two of you officially break up?"

----------------------------------
State: Curious

I think it's cool, you do what you do
And don't try to save me

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

TechNerd0072

Dapper Genius

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:08 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl looked over to see the blond girl looking at him. "Hullo Eretria. I'm shopping for supplies with my sister. This is Minerva, by the way, she'll be a first year." He said, answering most of the questions. He didn't need to say a word more, because the eleven year old began speaking energetically. "Dhylly and Heather broke up ages ago! And my name is Minn, not Minerva, I've never like that one!" The older sibling looked down at the girl, blue eyes seeming tired and lackluster. He didn't feel the need to say much more, until the Slytherin had responded, so he kept quiet. He moved to run a hand in his hair, accidentally showing the two black hoops in his ear.

{OoC~}

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:20 pm
User Image

Just when you think, you got me figured out
The season's already changing

User Image

Eretria cocked an eyebrow imperiously as she regarded the two. Of course she had seen the breakup, but she hadn't been sure if it was official or not. Now she had confirmation, and she was certain that it could be useful sometime in the future. Her eyes lingered over the two earrings in his ear, noting that away for future reference as well. The one thing that got her chuckling a bit was the younger girl, insisting on being called Minn. She herself usually called people by their full names, if for no other reason than the only one she called by a nickname was her brother, and that was because she'd always called him that as far back as she could remember. "Well then, I shall have to remember that for future reference. I call everyone by their full names usually, but I think I can make an exception for you Minn. I'm here by myself, actually. My brother's off trying to get a job right now, and my father's at work, so that leaves me to be by myself for the moment. So you two are shopping for school?"

State: Curious

I think it's cool, you do what you do
And don't try to save me

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

TechNerd0072

Dapper Genius

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:38 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl looked up at Eretria, blue eyes going wide. His neat, straightened hair looked much better than it had last term, when he hadn't cared if it looked unkempt. Minn's own long hair was pulled into pigtails, bows carefully tied around. No one would know, but Dhyl was the one who had tied it neatly. He was used to caring for the girl, since their dad was always busy. The eleven year old looked up and grinned at the nice blond. "Thanks! Dhylly said your name was Eretria? That's really pretty!" She giggled brightly, happy to have made a new friend. "Yes, we are shopping, she needs all her things, so I took her while Dad and... her are busy. Would you like to join us?" He was trying to be polite, as it was ingrained in his nature.

{OoC~}

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:53 pm
User ImageUser Image 
Show me how to lie. You’re getting better all the timeஐ 
And as you step back into line. A mob jumps to their feetஐ 
Now dance, dance Man, he never had a chance

Wearing
Volare

¤¤¤¤¤¤Michelle walked onto the streets of Diagon, ignoring the pain that was now pounding on her like a hammer. Once she was clear of the cottage, she had called the knight bus to get her here. Her left eye was surrounded by a dark purple bruise and swollen up slightly, while her arm and back had blossoming bruises that were almost black and open wounds still dripping a bit of blood. She knew she probably looked like she'd just been mugged or something, but she really didn't give a s**t.

¤¤¤¤¤¤With a sigh, Michelle leaned back against the wall of a building and rested her head against the stone, staring up at the sky. She didn't really know why she'd come here. There was nothing here she needed, except for an escape from that miserable little cottage. She could hear people chatting and laughing all around her, and it just made her want to shut them all up. She didn't understand it at all. When she was younger, before her father left her, he had told her stories of her mother and Vincent and the stupid things the two used to get up too, but the Vincent her father had described was nothing like the man she knew....

¤¤¤¤¤¤The Vincent she knew was careless, and a workaholic. He never thought of anyone or anything but money, and he could go from being the nicest guy on Earth to being a man from nightmares. He had taken her in when she was six, just to turn around and shove her off the deck and into rocks two weeks later. She hadn't even done anything wrong that day. It seemed like so long ago though. Since then she had been shoved into walls, knocked to the floor, locked in her room for days without anything, had hot pots and pans dropped on her, been splashed with boiling liquid, and now he'd even had the courage to actually hit her. It would only get worse from here. That she knew. The only comfort she had this summer, was that next year Olyvia would being coming to school with her, so Michelle would once again be around to protect the younger girl at all times.

With a thousand lies, and a good disguiseஐ 
Hit ‘em right between the eyesஐ 
When you walk away, nothing more to sayஐ 
See the lightning in your eyes. See ‘em running for their lives

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:30 pm
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...

User Image

𝕿heodore 𝕹ott the 𝕾econd
Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot

𝖂illiam 𝕯ante 𝕹ott the 𝕾econd
Hit Wizard, Order of Merlin First Class

𝖂illiam 𝕯ante 𝕹ott the Third
Occlumens

𝕮assandra 𝖂arstorm
Squib

Congregated in the center of the bustling cobble stone streets of Diagon Alley, the Nott family brooded. The eldest man harbored creased lines of stress and pessimism riddled on his aged and sharp features. Beside him, his son, a middle aged man of a noble and proud soul, flourished brightly even amidst all of the weeds. Several feet away, the heir to the Nott wealth and titles sat with a ghoulishly forced smile, trying to muster through the insidious darkness that clouded him in order to sit in vigil with the very youngest of the family. She, the great-grand child, bustled about, giggling and twirling her hair as she spun in circles and bade her cousin to do the same.

”Father,” William stated kindly with hushed vehemence, his warm honey gold vision narrowing to thin slits as he stared at the elder man before him. Chief Warlock or no, William had no qualms with dueling his father right here and now. The man held no true loyalty, no true nobility, and it do nothing but leave a rotting burn in William’s tongue.

”Ah-!” Theodore cut through the open air without much care, the look of disdain and disgust evident in the sneer that fell upon his lips. ”Bloody Merlin; you think me so craven as to parade about and declare to th—“

”Now is not the time.” William’s words sliced through the air, cutting his father off for what seemed like the hundredth time that day. His gaze darted to his son and his niece, the youngest seemed oblivious, and that’s all that mattered as they strolled down the street.

”I will not have my name on the end of a squi-,” Theodore continued to hiss between sharp, crooked teeth.

”What Remington does is of no concern to you, it’s his decision. You won’t take that from him like you’ve taken everything else.” William stopped in the middle of the street and turned to stare at his father, challenging him. But the elder man seemed to have no time for these childish games, he hadn’t wavered, he just kept moving on, so William followed behind.

”Since when have you ever stood up for that ruddy brother of yours?” Distracted, even if for just the moment; Theodore darted dark, glowering gold eyes towards the warmer, honey sweet gold of his son, William’s.

”Sophie, where are you going?” Tay growled, jogging down the cobblestone street after his young cousin who, at the first sign of a troubled family argument, had skipped away as far and as fast as she could. ”Sophie, what are you doing?” Hell, he didn’t think that she’d hear them. But she must have... He could barely resist the urge to bark down his grandfather for even implying such in front of her.

”I wannae’ go see the pet store!” Cassandra’s Welsh accent sung out happily as she tossed glowing gold eyes over her shoulder with a grin and waved a hand out for him to hurry.

User Image

..even heroes know when to be scared.

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games