Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Mini RP - Kanto Badge Run (Reno) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:04 pm
Rneo would watch the Fire Blast barrel into the somewhat fixated Volcarona, facepalming at the glee she took in letting the blast slam into her. But it seemed Reno was holding his hand in front of his face for an awkward amount of time for a simple reaction. What the hell? And now Nova was up and beating her wings vigorously for some reason. "Hey Blue." Reno shouted, the winds picking up as the formation of a Hurricane around the Arcanine began to occur.

"Might have wanted to use that legendary Arcanine speed." The winds began to become more cutting around the Arcanine, beginning to pull at the masses of string coating the ground before they were ripped along in the wind to beginning encircling the Fire type while their other ends remained stuck to the ground. "Bet I can guess what you say next." Reno added, doing his best to muscle in on Blue's thoughts. "What the hell kind of stupid thing is this!?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:31 pm
Reno Vantas

"Might have wanted to use that legendary Arcanine speed." The winds began to become more cutting around the Arcanine, beginning to pull at the masses of string coating the ground before they were ripped along in the wind to beginning encircling the Fire type while their other ends remained stuck to the ground. "Bet I can guess what you say next." Reno added, doing his best to muscle in on Blue's thoughts. "What the hell kind of stupid thing is this!?"

As the winds whipped up Arcanine would be helpless against it as the strings got tangled around the canine, holding it place as the cutting winds did their damage.

Almost at the same time (though actually with a second delay, not long enough for the gym leader to notice) Blue and Reno would utter the same words. "What the hell kind of stupid thing is this!?" Both of their sentences cut short as Blue paused in astonishment as Reno appeared to predict what he was going to say.

The Viridian Gym Leader had become increasingly flustered as his opponent seemed to mock him and yet this particular gym leader was still very dangerous, even when driven to such a degree of anger and annoyance.

"Arcanine! Burn it all to cinders, that bug included! Burn Up!" Blue commanded.

While still suffering from the blistering winds the Arcanine would begin to growl, the temperature around it increasing along with the volume of the dog's growl. While the heat and sound would steadily increase the biggest increase of both would come suddenly as the Fire-type let out a deafening roar, a massive explosion of fire and raw energy exploded outward from the Arcanine, engulfing it and the Volcarona and almost threatening to consume both trainers, though stopping short. Even Blue had to step away and shield his face from the horrible explosion, it was as if the Arcanine used Explosion instead.

Once all was settled the strings seemed to be gone along with some of the tiles nearest Arcanine. Speaking of the Legendary Pokemon Reno would note that its fur was far less colorful, in fact the reddish-orange color of its fur was now almost grey, just barely a hint of red left in it. The beast was winded from the attack and also after taking the full force of the Hurricane but it seemed to have some fight left in it, though that wasn't the most notable thing about it. Reno wouldn't be sure on what was different about the Arcanine unless he knew what Burn Up did, and if he did he would know it was no longer a Fire-type, at least for the remainder of the battle.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:50 pm
Reno would shift his gaze across the devastated landscape, nodding appreciatively at the move before looking towards Blue. "Oh no. Someone threw a tantrum. And now....aw hell." Reno trailed off, seeing Nova was on the ground with no real energy in her eyes but an exceedingly joy-filled look stuck onto her face. Wordlessly returning the Bug type before grabbing another Pokeball, Reno threw the next Pokemon out. "Gruff, Bonemerang!" He commanded, watching as a projectile of a bone came flying out of the glow towards the Arcanine with the aim to crack it in the skull both ways and take care of the Pokemon.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:01 pm
Reno Vantas
Reno would shift his gaze across the devastated landscape, nodding appreciatively at the move before looking towards Blue. "Oh no. Someone threw a tantrum. And now....aw hell." Reno trailed off, seeing Nova was on the ground with no real energy in her eyes but an exceedingly joy-filled look stuck onto her face. Wordlessly returning the Bug type before grabbing another Pokeball, Reno threw the next Pokemon out. "Gruff, Bonemerang!" He commanded, watching as a projectile of a bone came flying out of the glow towards the Arcanine with the aim to crack it in the skull both ways and take care of the Pokemon.

The bone club would slam into the Arcanine head, causing it to stumble backwards a bit in pain but thankfully it didn't do as much damage as it could have done had it still been a Fire-type. With the bone spinning through the air behind them and about to make a return trip the gym leader just smiled, his cockiness returning.

"You wanted us to use our speed, right? Fine! Extremespeed!" Blue commanded.

Without much of a visible reaction to the command the Arcanine would appear to just disappear, reappearing as it slammed into the Marowak with a full body tackle. At this point the Bonemerang was coming back to sender and while still moving with its burst of speed the Arcanine would jump over the Marowak and runaway behind it, leaving the bone to return to its vulnerable owner.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:22 pm
Reno felt a smirk cross his face as he saw Blue begin to get more aggressive. Seems that last trick had bitten a little deeper than he had expected. Time to capitalize on this possibility. "Aw, are you mad I predicted your reaction and tricked you? Maybe you should learn to watch the whole battle instead of the big, flashy attacks." Reno taunted, doing his level best to drive the other man insane.

As for the bone club still flying through the air, Reno would put a hand out towards it as it came streaking back towards Gruff, calling out with, "Alright! Telekinesis will slow it down but you still need to catch it!" And as the Marowak stumbled to his feet, he would prepare and catch the bone with a surprising amount of ease before refocusing on the Arcanine. Rather than dive across the battlefield after the Pokemon that had tackled him to the ground, Gruff would simply slam the ground with his bone and watch as an Earthquake ripped through the arena.

With Reno, he was busy thanking his luck that Gruff had been coherent enough to not get confused by the two sets of vision he had to contend with for a minute there. No need to spoil Blue on what powers he could use right now, it would be poor form after the misdirection he had already committed to.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:17 pm
Reno Vantas

With Reno, he was busy thanking his luck that Gruff had been coherent enough to not get confused by the two sets of vision he had to contend with for a minute there. No need to spoil Blue on what powers he could use right now, it would be poor form after the misdirection he had already committed to.

"What the-" It would seem Blue wasn't as slow as Reno had assumed he was, the gym leader noticing something wrong about the way that bone acted as it sailed through the air, the object seeming to lose speed in midair for some unexplained reason. That and for some reason Reno broadcasted what he did, verbally. "Cheating, huh?" The scowled. "Arcanine, show him what we do to cheaters! Giga Impact!" The gym leader commanded.

As the ground began to shack the hound would wobble and sway a bit, if it stayed grounded for too much longer it would surely pass out but fortunately it had no plans on remaining on Earth for much longer. With a burst of Agility the Arcanine would get a running charge towards the Marowak as the ground shook, the former Fire-type not sure if it would make it before it past out. Fighting through exhaustion the Arcanine would utilize its momentum and a surge of energy as it harnessed what strength it had left in order to launch its self into the air.

Once high above the Marowak the Arcanine would come down upon like a meteor as it rapidly began to glow and become consumed by raw energy. Arcanine would not be conscious to see the results of this attack but at least it will have got something of a parting shot in.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:25 pm
Huh. Apparently that little push into Blue's mind did more to the Gym leader's mind than he thought if he was actually seeing the bone somehow slow down. Watching as the Arcanine leaped into the air, Reno would reach to simply swap out Gruff during the nice time that was provided while it fell before a better idea crossed his mind. Telepathically informing his Marowak of the plan, Reno watched as the Arcanine landed on the Ground type.

Waiting a moment for Gruff to prepare himself Reno would shout, "Hah! You can't contend with my skills! Between his strength and my psychic powers, my Marowak could survive a point blank Hyper Beam!" With that, the body on top of the Marowak would be sent flying as it threw the Arcanine back towards Blue, and hopefully towards his Alakazam.

Thankful for the Endure that kept Gruff in the ring, Reno hoped that his efforts to get Blue focused on him and believing that he was somehow the larger threat over his Pokemon would keep the Gym Leader off his game. "And if one of your own can do the same in their gym, then it certainly wouldn't be cheating here."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:48 pm
Reno Vantas

Thankful for the Endure that kept Gruff in the ring, Reno hoped that his efforts to get Blue focused on him and believing that he was somehow the larger threat over his Pokemon would keep the Gym Leader off his game. "And if one of your own can do the same in their gym, then it certainly wouldn't be cheating here."

"If you're talking about Sabrina even I don't try to call her out." Blue pointed out as he recalled his unconscious Arcanine as it flew through the air like a rag doll. "Now, why don't you try to play fair for the rest of the battle, that is unless you're unable to win in a fair fight...did you get here by cheating like a loser?" The gym leader said with a smile as he took out another Pokeball, attempting to turn the mind game tables on Reno. Blue seemed to be getting himself back under control.

"Psychic! Clear the field!" Blue declared as he tossed out the ball, releasing Alakazam once again onto the field, the Psychic Pokemon wasting no time to unleash an unseen blast of Psychic energy at the barely standing Marowak.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:11 pm
"Well, ain't I just a rare specimen then? Ran and beat my way through her whole gym on purpose, and then proceeded to take her down totally through force of will and pure awesome. Hell, it offered a bigger challenge than the magical mystery tiles of yawn here." Reno shot back with, his mind already prepping Gruff for what he hoped would be a crippling blow. "But I guess you must really not be that observant if you can't see what I'm really doing. Gruff, Bonemerang!"

With that, the Marowak would wind up quickly before hurling his bone towards the Alakazam. In fact, this same line was the one the Psychic blast was racing down towards Gruff. Watching intently, Reno could see the Thick Club punch straight through the Psychic blast and continue flying towards the Alakazam. Gotta love the little cheats you can do with telepathy, like yelling one move and emphasizing another. But he was mainly thankful that the Thick Club counted as an item for the purposes of this move. Fling might work for a lot of things, but Gruff's traditional bone club was not one of the things on that list.

While the Fling-sent Thick Club raced towards the Alakazam, Reno watched as the Psychic blast slammed into Gruff and sent the Marowak sprawling. Well, at least the gambit had better than average odds of succeeding. Hopefully.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:17 pm
Reno Vantas

While the Fling-sent Thick Club raced towards the Alakazam, Reno watched as the Psychic blast slammed into Gruff and sent the Marowak sprawling. Well, at least the gambit had better than average odds of succeeding. Hopefully.

The Dark energy empowered bone would pass through the blast of Psychic energy just fine, though leaving it to smash into the sender of said bone. Alakazam would not have enough time to react accordingly and dodge the bone and thus it would smack into the Psi Pokemon, the Psychic-type sent sprawling onto the ground as it was knocked out cold.

With an annoyed sigh the gym leader would recall his Pokemon, any chance of breaking the tie the two kept finding themselves in almost as good as gone. Maybe there was still one more opportunity to gain the upper hand in this better and put down this bothersome challenger.

"You know, I might actually have some respect for you as a trainer if you weren't such an annoying dweeb." Blue remarked as he stashed Alakazam's ball and took out a pretty old looking Pokeball. "Maybe this next one will adjust your attitude. My second strongest and second oldest Pokemon. Let's see if your next two are capable of getting past this one and seeing my ace." The cocky gym leader declared as he tossed the old device into the air.

With a bright flash of light the ball would open and from within would appear a Pidgeot, the Bird Pokemon letting out a shrill screech as it appeared, expanding its wings out in a showy manner to display its majesty. The Pidgeot would flutter in place and Reno could just tell this Pokemon had seen a lot, its cold glare reflecting all it has been through.

"Not to brag but Pidgeot here is the first Pokemon I caught and most trainers who survive long enough in battle to get to see him usually leave my gym empty handed. Best not hold back cause my bird won't." Blue said with a grin as he tried to talk up his Pidgeot.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Giving a smirk, Reno would make a show of sticking a hand into his bag before taking the hand out and scratching his chin. "Hmm. Can't seem to find my other Pokeball. Alas, guess that means Sparks isn't available for me at the moment." Shrugging his shoulders, Reno would tap his arm and watch as a hatch opened to deposit a Pokeball onto the ground. From the glowing light, Reno would soon be standing beside a Cloyster. "Well, here's my first Pokemon i caught. Drifted through the ocean on his back as a Shellder, completely cured him of his Shadow virus, and taken out all levels of big stuff with Tesei. So bring it, little birdie. Lets see another round from you of 'use biggest attack, forget consequences, rinse and repeat'. That sum up your tactics so far?"

Not bothering to give time for a response, Reno would snap his fingers. Without hesitation, Tesei would unload towards the Pidgeot with a barrage of Icicle Spears. While it was certainly aimed to wound, it seemed to be corralling the bird towards a corner of the room that had taken severe damage from the multiple big hits from the other Pokemon and the mild scorching detonation from the Arcanine.  
SubonicXP generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 3!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:49 am
Blue wouldn't humor Reno further, choosing to ignore his little snide comments this time and focus on the battle instead, certainly a change of pace so far. "Pidgeot! Use Air Slash!" The gym leader commanded his bird of prey.

The Pidgeot would duck and weave around the Icicle Spears, a few of them making contact causing it to tumble a bit in midair, but alas it still managed to stay aloft. While Reno's plan seemed to work as the Pidgeot was indeed near the corner he wanted it in the bird would still fire off its own attack as it flapped its wings vigorously and sent flying thick 'blades' of dense air infused with Flying energy.

(1-10, if 1-3 Cloyster flinches.)  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:03 pm
Reno would watch as the gust of wind slammed through Cloyster's shell, a well aimed bit of the attack slicing across Tesei's eyes and forcing the Ice type to recoil. Sheepishly looking up at Blue, Reno have a smirk and shouted, "Betcha can't do it again! Probably gonna Run back to just the all show moves again! Wouldn't dare try anything remotely tactical like that again!" Hopefully the egging would force something rash out of the Gym Leader.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:03 pm
Reno Vantas
Reno would watch as the gust of wind slammed through Cloyster's shell, a well aimed bit of the attack slicing across Tesei's eyes and forcing the Ice type to recoil. Sheepishly looking up at Blue, Reno have a smirk and shouted, "Betcha can't do it again! Probably gonna Run back to just the all show moves again! Wouldn't dare try anything remotely tactical like that again!" Hopefully the egging would force something rash out of the Gym Leader.

"You sure? I mean, if you really want me to I guess I can. But then again...nah, I got a better idea." Blue said with a grin. "Why don't we show you something we picked up in Alola, it's really cool, trust me." He reassured Reno as he dug in his pocket and took out a gem encrusted white bracelet and promptly put it on. "Ready, Pidgeot?" He asked the bird who proceeded to land in front of him. "Good. Traditionally you do some weird dance first but thankfully I found out it's not needed so whatever. Pidgeot, use Supersonic Skystrike!" The gym leader declared, holding his bracelet up high.

The gem on Blue's bracelet would begin to glow brightly, a gem tucked into Pidgeot's chest feathers responding in similar fashion. It almost appeared to be Mega Evolving but instead the energy was absorbed into Pidgeot's body, the bird taking on a glowing aura. The aura wouldn't linger for too much longer as the bird flapped its wings just once and shot up into the air, the aura of energy completely consuming its body as it now looking like a flaming bird. If Reno had ever seen Sky Attack it looked similar to that, except the 'flames' were made up of a light blue energy.

As Pidgeot stopped its ascent and flung its wings out to stop its self, a shock wave of energy sweping over the field, Blue himself bracing for the impact as it threatened to topple him. With a shrill cry and another mighty flap of its wings the 'burning' energy around Pidgeot was released, the energy keeping Pidgeot's shape as it raced down towards Cloyster at an astounding speed, a sonic boom rattling the walls. If this was real life they would probably all be deaf now.

The special attack would slam into the Cloyster with a terrible force and unleash its energy in a spectacular explosive display. Regardless of what condition the Cloyster would be in afterwards the ground beneath it would be little more than a crater of rubble and debris. One would hate to see Blue's repair bills for this place.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash