Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Threadfall
[IC]Threadfall: High Reaches - OVER! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Meepfur rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:50 am
Harbingers Wing
M'yk of Brown Dobrokhoth
HP: 33-2=31/37 (Tongue Bitten Effect AGAIN - no XP for 3 rolls, no successes; second roll of 3) - nullified by damage!
Status Effect: N/A
XP: (+6 base; +5 to distribute)
Target Accuracy: 7
Flame Length: 6
General Stamina: 6
General Agility: 6
Between Accuracy: 6
Pain Resilience: 7
Instinct: 8
Luck: 7

Trying to put the persistent ache of his twice-bitten tongue behind him, Dobrokhoth flamed another clump of Thread, but a gust of wind blew the ash right back at them. Again. Oooowwww!

Could they...maybe stop getting ashed? That would be nice.

Quote:
XP Tracking:
+1 Pain Resilience
+1 Pain Resilience
+1 Target Accuracy
+1 Pain Resilience
+1 Pain Resilience

Dea and #Teddy# generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 10!
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:51 am
ASHLINGS WING
Demanthra of Green Monath
HP: (14) -2= 12
Status Effect: N/A for now
XP: (base= +1 to all stats) (+5 to distribute where I wish)
Target Accuracy: 2
Flame Length: 1 (+1 Flame Length, to be applied after game)
General Stamina: 3
General Agility: 2
Between Accuracy: 2
Pain Resilience: 1
Instinct: 1
Luck: 1

Demanthra and Monath will be flying first wave

Since they did not want to be hit again, the pair kept their eyes peeled for any thread in their path. Demanthra noticed one that was too far away to get from here, so she had Monath duck between. Unfortunately, when they blinked back out, they were still too far away. She was about to suggest to Monath to dive toward it, but seemed the green had other ideas. Without skipping a beat, she sent a flame flying at the thread. Much to her rider's surprise, having never seen her dragon flame that far, it managed to destroy the piece of thread.

I don't know why you were worried, Mine, I had it. Though, that did surprise me a little too,Monath admitted the last part. Of course, were it anyone else, she would have made like she knew she could do it. To her rider, she knew the other knew better.

Yes, yes you did. Though next time, might be better if we just try to get closer,Demanthra suggested, both laughing at that.

Round 1 (first five rolls)
1) 11. Oh crap. Your dragon sees a sliver of Thread and hastily flies to catch it. Unfortunately, their aim is off, and you watch in despair as the silver tangles drifts past, only to tangle with your dragons outstretched wing. Fardles. Minor Damage: - 2 HP

2- 5 didn't do for this set

Round 1, Part 2
1) 10. Your dragon appears out of Between, but short of his or her goal. Instead of diving forward, your dragon (or flamethrower) instead spits forth a flame that's exceptionally long -- even for you! They manage to take down the Thread this time... but maybe next time, try to get a little closer. There's no guarantee you'll get that same length another time. [+1 Flame Length]

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:10 am
BURNING ACES
Ash'il of Bronze Iptoneth
HP: (42)
XP: (Base= +6 to all stats) (+5 to distribute where I want)
Target Accuracy: 6
General Stamina: 9
General Agility: 8
Pain Resilience: 6
Instinct: 6
Luck: 6

Ash'il watched one of the Weyrling browns coming up with the firestone they needed. If he remembered the information from Ashlyn and Demanthra correctly, this was Nadry and brown Menankith. He caught the bag easily, then told Iptoneth to tell the young pair their thanks.

Thank for for helping us, Menankith to you and Your's,Iptoneth thought to the two, before they headed back.

I am never going to live this down, if the others find out,he told his brown with a groan.

You will be fine, Mine, the wind is awful out here. Just protect this one as best as you can,the bronze suggested. He could feel Ash'il making sure to secure it tightly into place.

1) 4. You're low on firestone! If you've already replenished recently (within the last 5 posts) you may choose to skip this roll and just do a general post for no XP. OR you can keep it and blame it on a faulty bag, or some other excuse for being without stone. Call for one of the weyrlings to send you another sack of stone! [Flag down a weyrling! Post this code in your next post and see if a weyrling can get to you!

2-5 didn't do for this set

Round 1, Part 2
1) 19. You're low on firestone! If you've already replenished recently (within the last 5 posts) you may you may choose to skip this roll and just do a general post for no XP. OR you can keep it and blame it on a faulty bag, or some other excuse for being without stone. Call for one of the weyrlings to send you another sack of stone! [Flag down a weyrling! Post this code in your next post and see if a weyrling can get to you! since his last post was for firestone, going to just make a general post lol

Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:29 am
HURRICANE WING
Ashlyn of Blue Gyafrith
HP: (26) - 5= 21- 4= 17
Status Effect: Fatigue 2/3 (XP and status effects negated)
XP: (base= +6 to all stats) (+5 to distribute where I wish)
Flame Length: 7
General Agility: 7
Between Accuracy: 7
Instinct: 7

Ashlyn and Gyafrith will be flying first wave

Ashlyn got the message from Zetigeth through Gyafrith, who felt better hearing her father would be alright. Sure, he worried about her, but she also couldn't help but be concerned about him and her mother too. She didn't have much time to think on it, as the wind tried to knock them out of the formation once more. Her dragon was already tired, so she was worried about if he would be able to handle it. Thankfully, she felt him doing all he could to not be knocked back even more. However, she winced when she felt pain radiating from him.

Gyafrith, love...are you okay?her worried question being sent to him.

I pulled a muscle...and it hurts. However, I think I can continue, Mine,Gyafrith thought back.

I will give it a massage as soon as we are done, dear one,she assured.

1) 15. Your dragon is blown completely out of formation, and is too tired to stop it. Fellow wingriders notice, and trumpet warning, but your dragon is just too tired to care. The wind is too much! Moderate Damage -5HP Your dragon also now suffers Fatigue Effect For the next 3 rolled turns your dragon will suffer from Fatigue Effect. Any XP earned during those turns is negated. On the plus side, any negative status effect (i.e. additional Fatigue Effect, Guilt, Bitten Tongue, etc.) is also negated, since your dragon is too tired to care. The only exception is if you get a status that cures Fatigue or your Wingleader/Wingsecond rolls a status cancelling roll.)

2-5 Didn't do for this set

Round 1, Part 2
1) 13. A large swath of Thread heads your way! Roll a D4 to see what happens!
1- Critical Failure! The wind changes, and you find yourself blown right into the sheet! You hop Between, but miss your mark, and appear directly inside the writhing mass of silver. Major Damage: -10 HP Saved by D'ast and Zetigeth

2) 6. As you're flying, the wind picks up again, trying to knock you out of formation!
- If 23' to 35', you're able to fight it, but wind up straining a muscle. Whoops. Maybe you over-compensated. -4 HP

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Dea and #Teddy# generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 14!

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:46 am
ASHLINGS WING
HP: (14) -2= 12

After that brilliant flaming display, however unexpected, they went back to keeping their eyes out for more thread. That is when Demanthra sees a tangle headed their way. Before she even has a chance to warn her green, she feels as her beloved dragon, does a beautiful spin to avoid the clump of thread. She let out a sigh of relief, until she let out a cry of pain, sensing like something was pulled.

Little Moon, are you alright?she asked, worry dripping from her thoughts.

Ow, wing hurts..but I think I can keep going. I still have more thread to make pay for earlier,she huffed.

Demanthra was surprised when she heard the voice of their teacher. She gave V'mel a nod of understanding, letting him know that she would take it easy. She felt Monath swell with pride under her as the other got the compliment about her being strong. It mixed with her rider's own happiness at being told they had been doing fine. V'mel's words of encouragement did not come often, but they both would treasure it.

1) 11. Oh crap. Your dragon sees a sliver of Thread and hastily flies to catch it. Unfortunately, their aim is off, and you watch in despair as the silver tangles drifts past, only to tangle with your dragons outstretched wing. Fardles. Minor Damage: - 2 HP

Round 1, Part 2
1) 10. Your dragon appears out of Between, but short of his or her goal. Instead of diving forward, your dragon (or flamethrower) instead spits forth a flame that's exceptionally long -- even for you! They manage to take down the Thread this time... but maybe next time, try to get a little closer. There's no guarantee you'll get that same length another time. [+1 Flame Length]

2) 14. Your dragon tries to pull off a rather elegant maneuver to avoid a tangle of Thread, but banks too sharply. There's a sharp pain as something pulls... Ouch! Moderate Damage: -3 HP (was nullified by V'mel and Aviroth, added a bit to above post for them)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:58 am
BURNING ACES

More firestone, please, Mine,Iptoneth requested of his rider.

Alright, give me a moment, okay? I know you want to take more of some more thread,Ash'il thought back to him. He reached down to the bag and went to pull out more firestone to give to his bronze. What he found was that it was empty, with a hole in the bottom of it...again. He was shaking his head, how could this happen to him a second time?!

You are just having all kinds of bad luck, Mine. Could someone send up some firestone please?Iptoneth called below.

I Need Some Firestone!

1) 4. You're low on firestone! If you've already replenished recently (within the last 5 posts) you may choose to skip this roll and just do a general post for no XP. OR you can keep it and blame it on a faulty bag, or some other excuse for being without stone. Call for one of the weyrlings to send you another sack of stone! [Flag down a weyrling! Post this code in your next post and see if a weyrling can get to you!

Round 1, Part 2
1) 19. You're low on firestone! If you've already replenished recently (within the last 5 posts) you may you may choose to skip this roll and just do a general post for no XP. OR you can keep it and blame it on a faulty bag, or some other excuse for being without stone. Call for one of the weyrlings to send you another sack of stone! [Flag down a weyrling! Post this code in your next post and see if a weyrling can get to you! since his last post was for firestone, going to just make a general post lol

2) 19. You're low on firestone! If you've already replenished recently (within the last 5 posts) you may you may choose to skip this roll and just do a general post for no XP. OR you can keep it and blame it on a faulty bag, or some other excuse for being without stone. Call for one of the weyrlings to send you another sack of stone! [Flag down a weyrling! Post this code in your next post and see if a weyrling can get to you!

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:17 am
HURRICANE WING
Ashlyn of Blue Gyafrith
HP: (26) - 5= 21- 4= 17- 3= 14
Status Effect: Fatigue 3/3 (XP and status effects negated)

Gyafrith, there's a piece of thread. Think you can get it?Ashlyn asked her blue. It was in reach, so she figured that maybe, even though he was tired, he might be able to manage.

I will certainly try my best, Mine,Gyafrith answered. He began to work on trying to flame the thread, but the wind blew it farther from them. So with the suggestion from his rider, they hopped between to get closer. When they came back out, a cry of surprise and pain came from Ashlyn on his back.

Back in between..she thought to him quickly. She felt him blink back into between. The coldness surrounded them, but she could feel the thread being frozen. They headed back out and she brushed it off her right shoulder.

Okay, I think I am good to keep going,she assured him gently, feeling his worry.

1) 15. Your dragon is blown completely out of formation, and is too tired to stop it. Fellow wingriders notice, and trumpet warning, but your dragon is just too tired to care. The wind is too much! Moderate Damage -5HP Your dragon also now suffers Fatigue Effect For the next 3 rolled turns your dragon will suffer from Fatigue Effect. Any XP earned during those turns is negated. On the plus side, any negative status effect (i.e. additional Fatigue Effect, Guilt, Bitten Tongue, etc.) is also negated, since your dragon is too tired to care. The only exception is if you get a status that cures Fatigue or your Wingleader/Wingsecond rolls a status cancelling roll.)

Round 1, Part 2
1- Critical Failure! The wind changes, and you find yourself blown right into the sheet! You hop Between, but miss your mark, and appear directly inside the writhing mass of silver. Major Damage: -10 HP Saved by D'ast and Zetigeth

2) 6. As you're flying, the wind picks up again, trying to knock you out of formation!
- If 23' to 35', you're able to fight it, but wind up straining a muscle. Whoops. Maybe you over-compensated. -4 HP

3) 2. A clump of Thread falls right before you! Unfortunately, the wind pushes you and the Thread away from one another. With determination, you fight the wind, trying valiantly to get to the great enemy! You hop Between, hoping to get closer, and flame the Threads that threaten to fall through! Roll a D4 to see if you successfully Between!
3- Light Scoring! You get too close to Thread and some of it winds up tangling up with you. Ouch! Quick, Between again! Minor Damage -3 HP

Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:21 am
d4 roll for post above this one for Ashlyn and Gyafrith.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Dea and #Teddy# generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 4!

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:38 am
ASHLINGS WING
HP: (14) -2= 12- 3= 9

Mine, look...more Thread. That one has my name on it!Monath announced to her rider in excitement. She sends out her flame to get rid of it, not noticing one of her siblings had been going after it too. She watched in horror as her flame hit them and she let out a cry of apology.

It's okay, Monath..you didn't mean it. It was just an accident,Demanthra soothed, stroking her head lovingly.

Round 1, Part 2

2) 14. Your dragon tries to pull off a rather elegant maneuver to avoid a tangle of Thread, but banks too sharply. There's a sharp pain as something pulls... Ouch! Moderate Damage: -3 HP

3) 4. There's a patch of Thread and you're ready to flame it down! Unfortunately, in your haste, you wind up charring one of your of your fellow weyrlings instead! Oh no! If this is your 3rd time rolling this then you must take 3 turns of Guilt! Any Damage rolled takes an additional loss of -5 HP. Any successful bonuses or saves by other players don't affect your character. You just don't deserve it.] First time for this, so just a sorry dragon lol

Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:11 am
BURNING ACES
Luck: 6 (+1 to be added after game)

Ash'il was thankful as one of the Weyrlings brought him a new bag of firestone. He made sure Iptoneth thanked them, before he tied it into place on the side of his dragon.

Now no more holes, please. And I would like some,Iptoneth reminded. As soon as he had the firestone in his mouth, he chewed on it and began flaming some thread. He was feeling on top of the world right now.

Ariath, I hope you are doing well down there, my golden sunshine. Please tell your's that mine sends his love,Iptoneth thought to a certain golden dragon he was very fond of. He heard his rider protest in his mind, causing a laugh to fill the dragon.

Kolina

Round 1, Part 2

2) 19. You're low on firestone! If you've already replenished recently (within the last 5 posts) you may you may choose to skip this roll and just do a general post for no XP. OR you can keep it and blame it on a faulty bag, or some other excuse for being without stone. Call for one of the weyrlings to send you another sack of stone! [Flag down a weyrling! Post this code in your next post and see if a weyrling can get to you!

3) 10. Are you feeling lucky? Well you should! Free reply! Respond to this post with any action pertaining to Threadfall, and gain a little luck. [+1 Luck]

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:24 am
HURRICANE WING
Ashlyn of Blue Gyafrith
Status Effect: Fatigue 3/3 (XP and status effects negated) Done, been three rolls

Ashlyn was holding tightly to Gyafrith, who seemed to have gained a second wind and was not feeling tired anymore. Unfortunately, the wind was not doing them any favors still and she could feel it trying to drag her beloved blue off course. They fought against it with everything they had, but a gust seemed to push them. Ashlyn caught sight of some thread in their path and she let out a scream of fear. Just before she and Gyafrith got there, her father and Zetigeth came to their rescue again.

That was way too close, old friend. You know what to do,she thought to him.

Thank you again, Zetigeth and Your's,he thought to the pair.

Round 1, Part 2

3) 2. A clump of Thread falls right before you! Unfortunately, the wind pushes you and the Thread away from one another. With determination, you fight the wind, trying valiantly to get to the great enemy! You hop Between, hoping to get closer, and flame the Threads that threaten to fall through! Roll a D4 to see if you successfully Between!
3- Light Scoring! You get too close to Thread and some of it winds up tangling up with you. Ouch! Quick, Between again! Minor Damage -3 HP

4) 9. The wind is strong and trying hard to buffet you. If brown or bronze you see one of your wingmates struggling against the wind. They're getting blown out of their empty airspace, and dangerously close to a patch of Thread! You are able to twist and accurately flame down the clump they were going to fly into, saving them from Threadscore! Quote a Wingmate that took Threadfall Damage and nullify it! You saved them from the pain! +1 Flame Length

If a green or blue you find yourself struggling against the wind. The wind is powerful this high up, and you have to struggle to keep in your airspace. Unfortunately, a strong gust blows through, and you find yourself blown right into a clump of Thread! Moderate Damage -4 HP
saved by D'ast and Zetigeth...again

Dea and #Teddy# generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 13!
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:51 am
ASHLINGS WING
Luck: 1 (+1 to be applied after game)

It seemed that things began to turn around some after that accidental flaming of a sibling. Monath and Demanthra seemed to get into it and began dealing with any thread that crossed their path. This was better, this is how they preferred things to be.

Now we are cooking, this is more like it,Monath chirped to her rider.

Yes, much better. Let's hope it stays this way,her rider agreed.

Round 1, Part 2

2) 14. Your dragon tries to pull off a rather elegant maneuver to avoid a tangle of Thread, but banks too sharply. There's a sharp pain as something pulls... Ouch! Moderate Damage: -3 HP

3) 4. There's a patch of Thread and you're ready to flame it down! Unfortunately, in your haste, you wind up charring one of your of your fellow weyrlings instead! Oh no! If this is your 3rd time rolling this then you must take 3 turns of Guilt! Any Damage rolled takes an additional loss of -5 HP. Any successful bonuses or saves by other players don't affect your character. You just don't deserve it.] First time for this, so just a sorry dragon lol

4) 13. Are you feeling lucky? Well you should! Free reply! Respond to this post with any action pertaining to Threadfall, and gain a little luck. [+1 Luck]

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:00 am
BURNING ACES
Luck: 6 (+1 to be added after game)

Ash'il was feeling like things were actually going a lot more like it should, when Iptoneth requested more firestone. Ash'il was more than willing to do so, when he went to put his hand in the bag. He froze in humiliation when he came back empty handed.

Let me guess, another hole? These bags are very flimsy, Mine! Weyrlings, would one of you kindly bring more firestone?Iptoneth poked fun at his rider, then called down.

I Need Some Firestone!

Round 1, Part 2

3) 10. Are you feeling lucky? Well you should! Free reply! Respond to this post with any action pertaining to Threadfall, and gain a little luck. [+1 Luck]

4) 19. You're low on firestone! If you've already replenished recently (within the last 5 posts) you may you may choose to skip this roll and just do a general post for no XP. OR you can keep it and blame it on a faulty bag, or some other excuse for being without stone. Call for one of the weyrlings to send you another sack of stone! [Flag down a weyrling! Post this code in your next post and see if a weyrling can get to you!

Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:19 am
HURRICANE WING
Ashlyn of Blue Gyafrith
Status Effect: back to N/A, with fatigue gone
Flame Length: 7 (+2 to be applied after game)

Now that they had gotten back into their proper position, they could see how thick the thread was. It was all over and it was going to be hard to dodge, but Gyafrith was doing an amazing job. He was able to twist and tumble out of the way of any of the thread around them. It seemed that her father's assistance had put some confidence back into the pair.

Gyafrith, someone needs our help,Ashlyn thought urgently to her dragon. The blue saw one of their wingmate's in trouble and dove, flaming the menace out of the sky.

Quote:
Save for a wingmate who took thread damage

Round 1, Part 2

4) 9. The wind is strong and trying hard to buffet you. If brown or bronze you see one of your wingmates struggling against the wind. They're getting blown out of their empty airspace, and dangerously close to a patch of Thread! You are able to twist and accurately flame down the clump they were going to fly into, saving them from Threadscore! Quote a Wingmate that took Threadfall Damage and nullify it! You saved them from the pain! +1 Flame Length

If a green or blue you find yourself struggling against the wind. The wind is powerful this high up, and you have to struggle to keep in your airspace. Unfortunately, a strong gust blows through, and you find yourself blown right into a clump of Thread! Moderate Damage -4 HP
saved by D'ast and Zetigeth...again

5) 7. This is such a mess! Thread is everywhere. The High Altitude Wing is always in the thick of it, and today is no exception.

If you are a bronze, brown, or blue 30' or larger you find yourself getting hit by the wildly blown Thread! Moderate Damage: -6 HP!

If you are a green, or blue smaller than 30' you're easily able twist and wheel out of the way of the thick clumps. Instead, you're able to flame down a patch of Thread threatening your wingmates, and what a burst of flame it is! Quote a Wingmate who took Thread Damage and nullify it for this Round! +2 Flame Length

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Dea and #Teddy# generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 3!

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:34 am
ASHLINGS WING
Target Accuracy: 2 (+1 to be applied after game)
Luck: 1 (+1 to be applied after game)

Demanthra heard a call from above them that someone was in need of firestone, other than her brother.

Finally, something a little more for us to do! My clutchmates have been helping your's, so let's go help someone,Monath suggested. She heard her rider's agreement, before she headed up to the low altitude. It was more windy up here and there was more thread, but the green did not let that stop her. She gets Demanthra right where she needs to be under the rider that asked for help. Then with satisfaction, watched as Demanthra made a perfect throw, before they returned back down to their own Wing.

Good girl, Monath,Demanthra praised with much love and affection.

Round 1, Part 2

4) 13. Are you feeling lucky? Well you should! Free reply! Respond to this post with any action pertaining to Threadfall, and gain a little luck. [+1 Luck]

5) 3. A rider in the Low-Altitude Wing needs a new bag of firestone. Though Threadfall is a little heavier up here, and the wind stronger, you're able to toss the stone successfully. The rider gives a nod of thanks! Nice aim! +1 Target Accuracy

Threadfall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games