Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
It's Now The Monster Mash: The Spooky Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:36 am
(Every time I get caught up, there's a whole new page to get caught up on. XD I hate work)

Farensil glanced up at the carnage once again being wreaked among the candidates. She sighed and shook her head. This clutch was just... why? She sighed, turning her eyes on the bundled up little green with a renewed smile. "Oh, come now. You're not hungry? Or lonely? Or bored? You want to find Yours at least, don't you?" She wondered if the little zombie might not have been the last to hatch but for her brother's eagerness earlier.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:38 am
Serfie didn't notice the green RIGHT THERE until she was pushed out of the way, she did little more than topple to the side, already sat down as she was, feeling the heat through her hands, she heaved a sob, fearing it was the vicious one, but no ... oh.. wow "Shahera, she's yours!" she exclaimed, happy for her almost-friend "Congratts" she breathed, pasting a wobbly smile on her face ... Once Shahera moved off to feed her new baby, she'd be all alone again ... her eyes welled up at the thought but she tried to hide them.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:41 am
Awareness had been fading away, bleeding away, but he couldn't afford to let it to, supported by some helpful someone or no... a helpful someone who, very wisely, drew the line at being mauled, and fled (albeit with what might have been an apology) when the green came screeching back after her original target.

Well, s**t.  He'd spent his whole life surviving, but for a second, his chances of continuing that trend were looking very grim indeed.  But then the bronze was back, the very same one he'd kicked in the face, defying her and saving him.

Choosing him.

Adrenaline and love both flared the fight back into him, shredded flesh and useless arm be shaffed, right along with Candidate training.  Bad enough that that green had tried to kill him, she was not going to kill his dragon!  Dezerac rushed to the wretched creature latched to the throat of his Vedmath, his Vedmath, and used his one good hand to grab her by the headknob and pull at her with all his might, kick at her, anything, anything to save his, or at the very least die with him.

"Get off him, you b***h!"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:42 am
Esfir

To find the other half that completes you... That phrase resonated strongly within Esfir. It was part of why she'd been so thrilled to be Searched. The idea of finding her other self who was just as ready for adventure as she was...

Even if the cost of finding her other half was fighting Thread for the rest of her life, it was a cost she was happy to pay. And that thought, right then, was what separated her from the spoiled, cosseted little beast that her mother had so happily tried to mold her into.

"I suppose," she said in a quiet, sad little voice, "that the terrible has to happen so we can appreciate the wonderful."

It was something that she'd have to think more about once this was all over.

Shaddaling

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:46 am
H A I Z E A

Well, that cute moment with Banshee passed as he impressed to a boy. There was more running around, more mauling. Some more impressions. Djinn made the scene in slinky fashion. There was a lot going on, a lot to track and be cautious of. Well, the Scarlet green only seemed to be attacking boys, so there was that, but who's to say what ideas the dragonet may have for those standing around. Then again, the fierce green did stop her onslaught to help the Eggshell White egg, who seemed to be having some trouble. Good on her for that, breaking her sibling out, not so great for mauling her other sibling, who appeared to have maybe impressed a boy. Haizea was more than ready to move if need be, either elsewhere or if she needed to quickly dodge out of the way, of course to take Laelia with her. There was no way she was going to abandon proverbial ship and leave her friend high and dry. The sickening crunch that came from over where Scarlet had a twin candidate made her pause. Ohh...

"Want to stay here or do we want to try moving to a different spot, maybe change the view?" So far, the two of them had been lucky. They hadn't been significantly nibbled...or mauled, no rumbles came tumbling through their space. "What do you think?"

smolderingskies

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:51 am
~Ryala~

Unsure of what to do anymore, Ryala turned away from the sight of the violent green going after yet another boy, and attacking the bronze who intervened. So much blood and ichor, all over the Sands! Would it even be worth it to Impress this time? Even if she did, she'd be training alongside these vicious fiends!

Another green hurrying across the Sands drew her gaze, and she saw the little hatchling push past another girl to reach her chosen. The one who had been passed was sitting in the sand, poor girl. Was she hurt at all? She certainly didn't look like due wanted to be here any more than Ryala did at the moment.

Deciding, the redhead moved over and knelt before the other. "Would you like a hand up?" she asked kindly, reaching down with her right hand to assist, should the girl accept.

Revel1984

Ryala

Blessed Mage

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:54 am
Shahera looked at Migel and Marinel. She knew that Dolly would want to know why Marinel was hurt..but also knew that Marinel was not really her responsibility. The boy was fully grown and could, well should be able to, look after himself. When Migel took the bandage, Shahera let him with a worried look. The pattern was not lost on her either. Would having a female near help by being a blockade, or hinder as a draw?

She started to move to Serfie, still worried and almost getting scared, things were NOT going well, when her world was Green and snuggles. Her worries were sliding away and happiness replacing them.

Awooooooooooo! MINE! There you are!! I have grown tired of playing alone, and need you, and missed you. How clever of you to stay out of the way of all the carnage.

But..wait…there was something she was supposed to be doing…

Now let's go play! And eat! And play! And dance! And climb! Except I don't know how to do some of that, but maybe you will teach me, yes? Your Therianth wants to know everything you know, my perfect one!

Umm…what? Let the world fall apart? … that wasn’t right either…

Do you not want your Therianth? The voice was plaintive. Does your Therianth have to go?

Shahera’s head snapped up from the confused angle it had been at. The world once more righted itself. “WAIT!” She reached out towards green who had taken a step back. Her hands wrapped around Therianth’s face. “NEVER.” The world was right. Looking into those rainbow eyes, the world was perfect.

Shahera looked up. But the world wasn’t. There was so much to take care of still. She looked at Migel again and then at Serfie. “Serfie, this is Migel. Migel, Selfie. He will take care of you.” It was a statement of fact, not a question of willingness, and there was steel behind that statement. She glanced at Marinel. “Marinel, you need to see the healers. Come with me, we can get you to them.” Again, it was an order meant to be followed.

With one hand on Therianth and her head held high, Shahera walk towards the exit. She fully expected her commands to be followed.

Revel1984

DruidTigeress

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:55 am
Serfie sighed but tried to be happy for Shahera, She nodded at the girl then at the boy she'd introduced her to "Migel... but i can take care of myself" she said, though she didn't seem convinced at all and tucked her head into her arms as she sat hugging her legs on the Sands, feeling the heat though her rear.

She registered movement in front of her and looked up to see a redheaded girl offering a hand to her "oh ... no thanks, i don't think my legs are ready, i'll stay here for now" she said,
politeness embodied, she was numb, losing some of her usual spunk and instincts, she'd never... EVER thought that the Hatching would be quite like this,
even Wher choosing wasn't THIS violent ... the very few she'd seen during moments at holds and halls when they'd chosen an egg

Ryala

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:55 am
Vosin and Killakeeth (W)

Ah he is so handsome Vosin! Killakeeth commented to her rider on the last bronze to impress. Vos shook her head. "Don't you go trying to match make just yet! Let the pair grow up some first." He was quite the looker through, she admitted to herself. She wanted to see how they grew up first before making judgments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candidate Rinis (W)

She was happy to see the cute Werewolf green impress, and then the last bronze. Rinis breathed a sigh of relieve as that last pair left. Now she felt better. She looked with more confidence around the remaining dragons. She was doing her best to not look at the bloody messes the green had left behind. Perhaps she should go help?

Through the din of humming, hatchling noises, and human screaming, she heard a voice. Not a human, a dragon voice. One she recognized through it all. Solouth! She turned her head to look for the blue and his rider. Finally she spotted them. They were there watching! She must have missed them come in in all the chaos. Knowing they were there for her, supporting her she could face whatever this hatching had to dish out. Rinis gave them a wave to show she'd heard and turned back to the dragons.

Aukai Oceansoul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:57 am
Henwas and Huarwar

Things were escalating out of control again. Henwas has made his way back to his twin, watching as people impressed and then mauling began again. A little green was causing trouble and then it was coming towards them. Huarwar put Aleyx behind him as the green charged but then Henwas was there and between the greens jaws. No matter how strong he was, he couldn’t fight off the hatchling. He was at its mercy, being ripped asunder until it suddenly left him.

Huarwar rushes to his twin, eyes only seeing blood. His neck was gushing blood from the wound the green had ripped. He tore his robe, pressing the material hard against his brothers neck, trying to staunch the bleeding. “Someone! Help!” He cried this out as he worked to save his twin. Would anyone save Henwas? His so called friends were staying far away from what was going on.

A hand reached up and grabbed Huarwar’s wrist. The two looked at each other, with Huarwar having to blink away tears. “It was a good run. Protect Aleyx.” Henwas’ eyes moved to look at the girl his brother had fallen for. “Take care of my brother. He will need it.” Henwas words were breathy, hard to understand has wind escaped through the large hole in his neck. “Shard it! Henwas, don’t leave me.” Huarwar tried to keep his twin talking but the hand closed around his wrist went limp and Huarwar was stunned.

This couldn’t be....it couldn’t be happening. Sure his twin was an a** but he didn’t deserve this.

A guttural scream left Huarwar as he slowly pushed himself to his feet. He saw the green tussling with the bronze. “You hateful creature....Why? Why did you kill him! He didn’t deserve it! Faranth I hope you go between!”

“Mx Cherie”

“-_Wish of Tevare_-“

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:00 am
Martirae

And what had started off as 'this green obviously prefers girls' slowly became 'This green will murder anything that is considered male'. Martirae knew better than to respect that type of behavior, frowning. How horrid. While a strong green was nothing to sneeze at, this one was just mindlessly violent and simply put; no good.

Plus the bronze that was fighting it off of the boys was -

and Henwas-

Martirae refused to look away as the green made it's grab at the older of the twins. It wasn't right to do so and she hadn't shied away from death before. She wasn't a delicate flower. At least someone had to watch it for what it was.

L'nik and Brown Hessianth

She rages. Hessianth said it so casually as L'nik gave his newly bonded something to eat that it took him a moment to realize what he had said. What? My sister calls for blood. Come. L'nik barely got the brown to eat a few more slices of meat before he was heading back to the sands, flaring out his wings and trumpeting. L'nik attempted to pull the brown back as he realized what he was doing, but it was too late and Hessianth was too stubborn and driven.

GET OFF OF HIM.

There was a hero in the brown, and he was ready to become a lightning rod of hate against the Scarlet Green. L'nik wasn't, already attempting to physically move the brown back. I have this, mine. I'll show you!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:00 am
Chaos only seemed to grow as other eggs began to hatch, some darting through the candidates, others much like the hunter and demon had begun to fight only to finally be pulled away to their new found riders. A bruise was settling nicely along his cheek a reminder from getting a little too close to see what was going on with the small white dragonet and its two larger siblings of bronzes. The hem of his gown was torn enough that it showed his bare knees and yet there was still a grin showing on the young man cheeks. He wasn’t entirely sure if it was there to hide the fact that slowly one by one each dragon had managed to find their rider or the fact that the entire hatching had become a rather large mess of things.

At some point he had lost track of the green hat had hatched from the starry egg, it was the only one he had lingered close to, letting it roll along the sands before being warned about messing with the egg too much. It had resulted in one of the other candidates being asked to leave the sands and Apate had been fortunate enough that the mother hadn’t noticed him doing so.

Maybe she had already impressed someone.. The thought crossed his mind as he shifted through the crowds trying to find a place that he would be at least out of the way momentarily to gather his thoughts while assessing the rest of the situation and wait for the rest of the dragonets to disappear to the feeding grounds. There would be others he told himself, maybe not entirely as fun as this one was and maybe a little less chaos and a little less blood and maybe it would be a little more disappointing but he would have another chance. It was unusual for the younger man to have the feeling of doubt slowly creep along his thoughts, it was almost like a poison seeking a way into his soul and he wouldn’t allow it. Instead he broaden the smile on his face as he wiggled past another candidate looking for something to amuse himself with that didn’t involve another bruise on his face.

APATEMINE! COME HELP! I cannot open this egg, please help me?

The man froze in his spot, almost being entirely knocked over by healer on their way to aid someone on the other sides of the sands. Was someone speaking to him? No that couldn’t be right he didn’t really know anyone there let alone anyone besides himself who would possibly do something as daring as try to open an egg during hatching.

Your Dokkaeth has tried so hard, but... the shell is too hard!

Dokkaeth.. That name it sounded so familiar yet no… he hadn’t heard it before had he? Something slowly started to tick away in his mind as the sense of defeat but the need to play, the want to play and to have fun slowly started to fill the gaps. It couldn’t be?

It wasn’t just imagination of almost failing was it?

Harrdd…TO HARD.... PLAY I WANT TO PLAY YES!

Of course… The smirk widening as far as it could on Apate’s lips as the smaller man started to fight his way past the crowd towards the eggs. It had finally made sense, the want to play, the feeling of mirth bubbling up through his stomach as he waved through the group hovering over the recent mauling from another. Growing closer his blue eyes were searching looking for the most precious gift who he wanted to share the rest of his life and all the laughs with. Even take all the time in the world to roll in the sands, grass, to play jokes on the other dragon’s and riders, to probably cause more trouble than what was completely necessary.

There! THERE YOU ARE! WE PLAY NOW YES! The blue eyes shimmered to rainbow as she found him in the crowd, the now bits of shell and gooey egg dripping from her slender face as she wiggled her butt excitingly. PPPLLAY!!

She was perfect as Apate sould feel his cheeks ache from grinning far too hard, perfect and as amusing as ever.  

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:14 am
Vosin and Killakeeth (W)

A boy had died Vosin. The rider winced. Shards. That was always bad luck at a hatching. She hoped the boy didn't have a dragon on the sands looking for him. They could easily loose that dragon as well, if there wasn't another match for it on the sands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candidate Rinis (W)

The Scarlet green wasn't finished by a long shot. Just as she turned back, the green struck again. This time fatally. Rinis watched and felt tears start down her cheeks. That was too much! She was finally moved to act and moved from her fairly secure spot. Oh what was she thinking?! Rinis approached slowly toward the Scarlet green. She hadn't attacked any females, and the girl was praying that would save her at least a little.

"Please, this isn't the right way to about this! Hurting them and killing them won't change anything little green." She didn't make any moves to touch Scarlet, only spoke.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:16 am
Vash

Oh thank Faranth some more of the hatchlings had found theirs. Or at least, she hoped that was the case. Peering around cautiously, she saw the Scarlet green racing after a candidate - she was pretty sure it was the same one she'd been terrorizing - only to have her bronze sibling stand in the way. And then that candidate was running back to try and fight the green off the bronze!

Not really sure if she should find a corner to hide and cower in, keep trying to be brave (or whatever you wanted to call her feet refusing to move from that spot), the redhead just hugged herself, fingers digging into the sides of her arms.

Was it bad taboo to have small wishes for this hatching to be over already?

Wait... was that Shahera? With a hatchling?! Vash couldn't help the small smile that crept along her face. Well, at least that was one last hatchling to worry about...

faesinger
Small mention of Shahera |3 Vash is thinkin' YOU GO GIRL!

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:16 am
But... he couldn’t leave—he had to Impress, hurt or not! He had to. Dol—D’mar would be disappointed if he didn’t. He’d be disappointed. Still, he saw the logic in Shahera’s words. Head wounds bled a lot, and the bandage was soaking through. He couldn’t faint, that’d definitely put a damper on Impression.

He followed her. “What’s your dragon’s name?” He asked, by way of congratulations. She seemed like a sweet thing.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games