Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
MUSIC: What are you currently listening to? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 419 420 421 422 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Music?
  Yes!
  Nah..
View Results

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:35 pm

The True Godth
Bass20XX
The True Godth
Bass20XX
I wouldn't call anything "gay" metal. razz

Besides, "Nu metal" isn't trying to be metal, it's a term the media has applied to it because they need to f**k things up even more. biggrin

As for "trendy" metal, I think it's about time metal gets put onto the radio or something. I'm fed up of mainstream rappers saying "Uh! Bitches and hoes! Uh! Pop a cap!" all the time.

The Decaying Doctrines - Kiuas

Nu-Metal by default is gay trendy s**t... I believe many metal bands are popular like the typical ones: Black Sabbath, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, those are the old ones, here are some new ones (THAT ARE NOT TRENDY, MALLCORE, NU-METAL!!!) Nightwish, Cannibal Corpse, Death, Morbid Angel, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir and I can name others...
User Image

Music can't be gay, ********. It has no sexuality. Grow the holy f**k up and stop using "gay" as an insult. How old are you, 13?

Wenches & Mead - Alestorm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Actually I'm 17... and as for certain music being "gay" it is metaphorically speaking. OH YEAH!!! AND YOU ARE SO MATURE FOR SAYING "********" which is indeed the most retarded insult I've ever heard... dumbass!!
User Image

Cute. I've riled up the "goth".

Seriously dude, Calling something "gay" is pathetic. You're acting like a chav, which I find is something most "goths"/metalheads do.

And, yeah, "********" is pretty dumb, but it made me laugh.

Seriously though, Do you even realise how childish you look when you call something "gay"? Kids do that because they don't know better. Chavs do that because they're morons. Anyone over the age of 15 should have been educated enough to know that calling something "gay" makes you look like, for lack of a better cultural stereotype, a redneck.

And, who cares if something isn't "KVLT" or underground? As long as you like it, who care? I'm sat here with the Reanimation version of Linkin Park's Crawling on, and I think it's pretty good. After this, Who knows.

Oh, there we go, Crash Pow by the Mad Capsule Markets.

I mean, at the end of the day music is subjective. You've listed in first post that you're listening to metal in it's "most extreme and pure form", yet you've got Nightwish there. I hardly consider that to be metal in any "extreme and pure form".

But, as Pancake said "Hey though, if you like them, that's cool." Which, in my opinion, should have stopped this argument before it ever started. You, however, decided to escalate it into something pathetic.

Back to the point in hand though, Stop calling things gay. One day you'll offend someone with it, and they'll kick seven shades of s**t out of you.

Through the course of this post I have listened to:
KRWLNG - Linkin Park (Reanimation version of Crawling)
Crash Pow - The Mad Capsule Markets
I'm Alive - Blind Guardian

User Image
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:57 pm

If I come back in here and see this argument continuing I will start to hand out bannings. Do you two, Bass and Godth understand me?

Godth I did read what was going on and I didn't like where it was going which is why I warned you. I repeat, continue with this pointless argument and I will BAN you. I am not joking.

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:59 pm

User Image

Totally understood, Sanzo~

Sorry, I get a bit carried away when it comes to music.

razz

*bows and leaves the argument*

User Image
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:02 pm

Bass20XX
The True Godth
Bass20XX
The True Godth
Bass20XX

Besides, "Nu metal" isn't trying to be metal, it's a term the media has applied to it because they need to f**k things up even more. biggrin

As for "trendy" metal, I think it's about time metal gets put onto the radio or something. I'm fed up of mainstream rappers saying "Uh! Bitches and hoes! Uh! Pop a cap!" all the time.

Nu-Metal by default is gay trendy s**t... I believe many metal bands are popular like the typical ones: Black Sabbath, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, those are the old ones, here are some new ones (THAT ARE NOT TRENDY, MALLCORE, NU-METAL!!!) Nightwish, Cannibal Corpse, Death, Morbid Angel, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir and I can name others...
User Image

Music can't be gay, ********. It has no sexuality. Grow the holy f**k up and stop using "gay" as an insult. How old are you, 13?

User Image

Actually I'm 17... and as for certain music being "gay" it is metaphorically speaking. OH YEAH!!! AND YOU ARE SO MATURE FOR SAYING "********" which is indeed the most retarded insult I've ever heard... dumbass!!
User Image

Seriously dude, Calling something "gay" is pathetic. You're acting like a chav, which I find is something most "goths"/metalheads do.

Seriously though, Do you even realise how childish you look when you call something "gay"? Kids do that because they don't know better. Chavs do that because they're morons. Anyone over the age of 15 should have been educated enough to know that calling something "gay" makes you look like, for lack of a better cultural stereotype, a redneck.

And, who cares if something isn't "KVLT" or underground? As long as you like it, who care? I'm sat here with the Reanimation version of Linkin Park's Crawling on, and I think it's pretty good. After this, Who knows.

I mean, at the end of the day music is subjective. You've listed in first post that you're listening to metal in it's "most extreme and pure form", yet you've got Nightwish there. I hardly consider that to be metal in any "extreme and pure form".

But, as Pancake said "Hey though, if you like them, that's cool." Which, in my opinion, should have stopped this argument before it ever started. You, however, decided to escalate it into something pathetic.

Back to the point in hand though, Stop calling things gay. One day you'll offend someone with it, and they'll kick seven shades of s**t out of you.

User Image

"and they'll kick seven shades of s**t out of you." lol @ that quote it was funny... I'm not a chav -__- people like and hate things... DEAL WITH IT!!! Oh... and about Nightwish... I stated that all the bands in there are either Black, Death and Power Metal, MORON!!! Nightwish is metal!!!

Mandrakk The Dark Monitor

Versatile Explorer

124-C

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:10 pm

The True Godth
Bass20XX
The True Godth
Bass20XX
The True Godth
Bass20XX

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

"and they'll kick seven shades of s**t out of you." lol @ that quote it was funny... I'm not a chav -__- people like and hate things... DEAL WITH IT!!! Oh... and about Nightwish... I stated that all the bands in there are either Black, Death and Power Metal, MORON!!! Nightwish is metal!!!

This is getting ridiculous. Take it to PM or start your own thread. stare

I am, right now, listening to the dialog of Airport. I always like to watch this movie during winter storms. biggrin
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:42 pm

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

124-C

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:55 pm

Eyedea and Abilities - Now

Listen with me. biggrin
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:19 am

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:45 am

"The Accolade" - Symphony X

Followed by the next three songs in my playlist:

"Accolade II" - Symphony X
"The Divine Wings of Tragedy" - Symphony X
"Drifting" - Andy McKee

- EDIT -

@Bass - It's understood why you could get riled up by discussion about music, especially with someone like... Well, THAT. Music is a very important or influential thing on many people. Now, I don't mean that in a way like, if you listen to rap you're going to go do drugs and shoot people, but I mean... Well, if you're stressed and listen to a relaxing song, it's has a calming sensation about it. Music is also a great way to get pumped up, to pass time, to relax to, and many other things. It's a shame how some people could be so uneducated about music... People just have to learn I guess, that there's more to a song than just a person flailing madly on the strings of a guitar. The music, as a whole, is the harmony between the instruments, between the members of the bands. The instrumental part of the song can't just be good, because there also has to be depth and meaning to the songs they are singing. Masterful work of the instruments can only get you so far if the band doesn't have a singer capable of conveying the message of the song, or painting an avid picture and telling the story of what he / she is singing about.

To many people, I would suggest that they go listen to some Symphony X. "The Divine Wings of Tragedy", "The Odyssey", or "The Accolade" All three of those songs, or any other song by Symphony X embodies exactly what I was speaking of before. Masterful work of the instruments, perfect harmonization between band members and between instruments, and well thought out vocals with a capable singer capable of painting the picture and story into your mind or conveying the songs meaning through his singing, to the audience.

Hell, music doesn't always NEED instruments either. The voice is an amazing instrument in itself capable of doing just as many things as instruments are. A perfect example of this is Rockapella Nothing but A Cappella music. Though there's no instruments, it's still amazingly done, and definitely deserves a listen.

/mythoughts
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:21 pm

Bounce to this- Busy Signal

I have zero idea what they're saying but it sure is catchy

umi505

124-C

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:14 pm

I love and hate those kind of songs, umi.

Kate Nash Merry Happy
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:20 pm

Zero 7: In The Waiting Line

heart heart heart
its love. forrealz.

nataleanne

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:52 pm

The Veronicas - Untouched
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:22 pm

User Image

Machtkampf - Arch Enemy

biggrin

User Image

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:50 pm

Sum 41 - All Messed Up
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 419 420 421 422 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games