Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Mini RP - Kanto Badge Run (Reno) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:30 pm
There was no time to prepare for a Z-Move ripping through the area. Especially when one had never seen such moves before in their life. The only thing that kept Reno from simply being blown away without any clue was general awareness and the fact the Pidgeot presented itself so dramatically in the sky. But even this didn't save him from being taken by the wind, he just simply knew enough to try and flow with it. Flipping from the sheer force of the wind, Reno would impact the wall feet first before he found himself having to catch himself to avoid the floor.

Slowly scanning the battlefield, he would find Tesei now inside a massive crater that had a vague avian shape to it. And there he was, tongue lolled out and the slightest hint of red on the inside of his shell. That attack must have been devastating to the poor Ice type. Reno would not solemnly before he began to reach into his bag. "Alright. Looks like I need to get another one out." Reno told the Gym Leader as he continued to dig around in his bag with frantic motions. Eventually just giving up before staring at the ball on the ground. Sheepishly picking it up, he would add, " Hate to just leave things on such a final note but I guess it'll take more than icicles to crash your victory parade."

With that, the damaged wall tgat the Pidgeot had been hovering next to would begin to bulge slightly before exploding into a spray of massive icicles that aimed to tell the bird. On the ground, Tesei would have his eyes open and a smirk across his face as he moved to sit up again. The slight red in his shell would become more visible, revealing an Assault Vest that had been tucked into the interior of the Cloyster's shell. "Oops. Sorry I made such a big scene. Figured Tesei could use the extra time to work that water line to a nice detonation." Reno chided Blue, feeling like he might be regaining a foot in the fight after that bit of a swerve. No matter how confident he was, Tesei was not going to last much longer.

(Turnabout is fair play. Roll 1-10. 8-10, Pidgeot has flinched.)  
Reno Vantas generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 6!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:37 pm
(Oops)  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:44 am
Reno Vantas

The icicles would hit their target with near-deadly force, the bird sent flying to the ground where it would slam onto the floor. While the bird was not only winded from using a Z-Move but also very dangerously low on health it was still hanging in there, though its next move would certainly be its last.

"I guess I have to give you props for surviving Pidgeot's Z-Move. Unfortunately for you I don't think it will be enough for you to win." Blue said with a grin. "Pidgeot, prepare the field for your teammate, use Tailwind!" The gym leader ordered. He knew that both Pidgeot and Cloyster just needed one hit before going down, so he figured he might as well prepare for his last Pokemon rather than waste what strength his Pidgeot had left on taking out the Cloyster just for it to be taken out by the next Pokemon in turn.

"Geooot!" Cried the Pidgeot as it summoned forth what little strength it had to speed around the entire battlefield, a strange stream of energized wind in its wake. Reno's Pokemon couldn't even feel the gust if they got inside of it but Blue's next Pokemon certainly would.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:30 pm
Reno would glance between the Pidgeot and the Cloyster, attempting to determine exactly what method he might approach in order to maximize his efforts and crash Blue's best efforts to give himself an advantage. Well, there wasn't really an easy way to put it. So..."Damnit. You just had to ruin this moment for me. Fine. Be that way. Spike Cannon." Reno growled out, watching as the Cloyster began to fire a barrage of spikes from his forehead. There were no other words for the man. He had to manage to make this work.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:17 pm
Reno Vantas
Reno would glance between the Pidgeot and the Cloyster, attempting to determine exactly what method he might approach in order to maximize his efforts and crash Blue's best efforts to give himself an advantage. Well, there wasn't really an easy way to put it. So..."Damnit. You just had to ruin this moment for me. Fine. Be that way. Spike Cannon." Reno growled out, watching as the Cloyster began to fire a barrage of spikes from his forehead. There were no other words for the man. He had to manage to make this work.

Blue would show little emotion in response to the Spike Cannon, the gym leader looking on with a blank stare as he waited for it to be over with. Pidgeot was a little more reactive as the spikes pelted the bird, the avian creature crying out in pain before it hit the ground with a thud, the Pidgeot finally knocked out but not before it had managed to conjure up the still blowing Tailwind.

"Well you knocked out my Pidgeot, I bet you feel just so proud, huh?" Blue said in a rather monotone voice, suppressing the urge to smile the best he could as he knew something that Reno didn't, and yet he would find out here soon. With a more annoyed sigh than anything the gym leader would recall the bird back to its ball, giving it a quick pitied look before stashing it away and taking out another, slightly more ancient Pokeball.

"Can you smell that? It's faint and getting even more faint by the second. You know what that ever fading scent is? It's you, and pretty soon you won't be smelling up my gym anymore." This time he did smile, or smirked, raising his last Pokeball up in order to give Reno a good look before he tossed it onto the field with surprising little fanfare, especially considering how he built up the release of his Pidgeot earlier.

"Blastoise!" Cried the Shellfish Pokemon as it appeared from the device, the powerful tortoise stomping on the ground twice and flexing its cannons as they popped up and down from their 'holsters'. If the Pidgeot appeared to be a veteran to Pokemon battles then the Blastoise would come off as being a master, a champion if you would.

"Looks strong, huh? Well you haven't seen nothing yet." Blue declared as he pulled his collar out and dug around down his shirt, soon pulling out a small gemstone encrusted ring hanging from a chain around his neck. "Blastoise, Mega Evolve!" Fortunately Reno would be more familiar with this dazzling display of light as the ring began to shine, a similar stone fixed on the Shellfish's shell also glowing, however the unfortunate part was the only Mega Pokemon Reno had access to would had a weakness to Blue's.

Once the characteristic show of light had ended the Blastoise of old was replaced by a new Blastoise, a Mega Blastoise. Its shoulder cannons were replaced by one large back cannon and now it gained two separate wrist cannons. This tortoise was armed to the teeth.

"Show him and that lesser shellfish what they're dealing with, Blastoise, Aura Sphere!" The gym leader commanded.

As the Tailwind blew across the Mega Blastoise the armed tortoise would lower its head to point its main cannon at the Cloyster. With astonishing speed the Mega Blastoise would quickly charge up and fire off a single volley of concentrated Fighting energy. It all happened so quick that it didn't even seem to go through a charge up phase and skipped right to flying straight for the Cloyster's face and Reno knew good and well there was no avoiding an Aura Sphere. Though despite knowing what Aura Sphere does Reno might note that it seemed much bigger than an average one, that cannon must give it some extra oomph.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:21 pm
Reno would simply stand back, letting his bag slip off of his shoulder while he watched his Cloyster be hammered into the back wall by the extremely powerful Aura Sphere. Watching Tesei as he simply sat implanted into the wall, Reno turned back to face Blue. "Well then. You seem to have me at a disadvantage. I don't have my own Mega Pokemon to combat you with. But maybe its time for you to show off, do a little Encore." Reno said, a smirk crossing his face as a small blue blob of a Pokemon began to dance and cheer on the Mega Blastoise in front of her, wanting to see the giant Aura Sphere again to get an up close look of the thing.

"And we have check. Care to work this to checkmate or do you wish to surrender now?" Reno asked, a small chuckle echoing out from him as he stared down the Gym Leader. "Welcome to my partner. She might not look like the biggest, baddest thing around but you are about to learn what Harleen can really do."  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:56 pm
Reno Vantas

"And we have check. Care to work this to checkmate or do you wish to surrender now?" Reno asked, a small chuckle echoing out from him as he stared down the Gym Leader. "Welcome to my partner. She might not look like the biggest, baddest thing around but you are about to learn what Harleen can really do."

What happened next was uneventful and boring, our protagonist ruining the drama and excitement with a bland technical victory. Reno would come out as victor of the battle as Blue decided that bothering with the egotistical cheating Psychic Channeler (though not because of using Encore) was no longer entertaining or worth his time anymore. Our hero would walk away with an Earth Badge in hand and a black empty soul devoid of creativity.

Oh well, on to the Pokemon League.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:38 pm
Reno would leave the gym with a smile plastered on his face, women in both arms, and Blue quietly lamenting in the background. This was his exact dream after he saw the smug, self assured face of the gym leader. It was all he could have hoped for and more....

Wait, this seemed a little too convenient for even Reno.

Feeling himself come out of his slight haze, Reno realized that while he had seen Tesei get planted in the wall, there was one detail he seemed to forget. Namely that he had been planted into the wall with his Cloyster. He seemed to be exceptionally well for such an impact beyond the slight hallucination. Why was that?

Looking down, Reno saw that one other detail had been wrong. He still had his bag. And apparently Harleen had caught the impact. Oh boy.

Peeling himself out of the wall, Reno pawed at his bag before stumbling upon a Pokeball that had managed to free itself from the mess his bag had become. Smacking the device, Reno would find an old friend staring him in the face. "Snips! I thought I lost your ball! Hot damn!" Reno cheered, looking over towards the Mega Blastoise. "Vine Whip! Bind this thing down!" He ordered, watching in hopes that Snips could manipulate the vines. Maybe bind the thing down, keep its aim restricted.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:08 pm
Reno Vantas

Peeling himself out of the wall, Reno pawed at his bag before stumbling upon a Pokeball that had managed to free itself from the mess his bag had become. Smacking the device, Reno would find an old friend staring him in the face. "Snips! I thought I lost your ball! Hot damn!" Reno cheered, looking over towards the Mega Blastoise. "Vine Whip! Bind this thing down!" He ordered, watching in hopes that Snips could manipulate the vines. Maybe bind the thing down, keep its aim restricted.

As the Grass snake came out and its vines launched at it the Mega tortoise would attempt to dodge as it utilized the air current provided by Tailwind. The large Pokemon would surprisingly dodge nimbly, avoiding the vines as they relentless pursued. For awhile it looked like Snips wouldn't be able to get a grip on it until one vines caught the Mega Blastoise's right leg, the Water type giving off a pained grunt as it was pulled against the ground. No more jumping.

"Pfft, that's it? Some scrawny looking garden hose? Type advantage or not I'm afraid that won't be enough. Blastoise, Ice Beam it." Blue ordered, brushing off the appearance of the Serperior.

With a grin the Mega Blastoise would point one of its arm cannons at the snake and fire off from it a beam of freezing energy. Right after that one fired it would follow it up with another from the other arm cannon down at the vine which connected them.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:00 pm
Watching as the Blastoise was distracted momentarily even as Snips was blasted back by the Ice Beam, a cunning plan crossed Reno's mind to make sure that things would begin to turn his way. "Gastro Acid!" Reno called, watching as a wretched mix of purple bile and goo was fired from the Serperior and proceeded to coat the Blastoise's cannons in this mysterious liquid. Casually stepping in front of Snips as the Serperior did its best to curl behind Reno, the trainer would smirk at Blue. "Too bad, so sad. One moment of insight and now you're back to just use the biggest gun with the biggest hit for no reason."  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:06 am
Reno Vantas
Watching as the Blastoise was distracted momentarily even as Snips was blasted back by the Ice Beam, a cunning plan crossed Reno's mind to make sure that things would begin to turn his way. "Gastro Acid!" Reno called, watching as a wretched mix of purple bile and goo was fired from the Serperior and proceeded to coat the Blastoise's cannons in this mysterious liquid. Casually stepping in front of Snips as the Serperior did its best to curl behind Reno, the trainer would smirk at Blue. "Too bad, so sad. One moment of insight and now you're back to just use the biggest gun with the biggest hit for no reason."

As the stomach acids made contact with Mega Blastoise's cannons the metal would quickly begin to rust, the Gastro Acid seemingly to rapidly break them down and yet stopped short of completely dissolving them. They were still usable, just very rusty and probably lost a lot of the extra firepower it had gained upon Mega Evolving thanks to its Mega Launcher ability being nullified.

"Eh, so you managed to rust up its cannons...good job I guess." Blue said with a shrug and a disappointed sigh. "If you're still trying to get under my skin it's not going to work, I know your game now. But since you want more thought and less brute force I suppose I could give that to you. Blastoise, Withdraw." The gym leader ordered.

In the most lackluster moves of this battle the Mega Blastoise would rapidly pull its limbs, cannons, tail, and head into its shell, so quick that the shell would fall and clatter onto the ground where it would remain motionless, giving just a brief shimmer as its defensive qualities were increased. That was...boring.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:07 pm
Reno would smirk as the Blastoise prepped itself against a physical based assault with its Withdraw. Such a move was very reasonable. And about to be the doom of that thing. "Snips, Leaf Storm." Reno said, the Serperior quickly whipping up a frenzied storm of leaves and other bladed plant that ripped through the ground, racing to surround and cut down the Blastoise while it was stuck in its stationary position.

"Wrong move, mister arrogant. But thanks for continuing to play with me." Reno told the Gym Leader, blowing Blue a raspberry as he did so. Next to him, Snips would...look strangely empowered by the Leaf Storm that had been kicked up. For using a move that should have weakened him, he seemed to be more powerful than ever. What sort of strangeness was this?  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:53 pm
Reno Vantas
Reno would smirk as the Blastoise prepped itself against a physical based assault with its Withdraw. Such a move was very reasonable. And about to be the doom of that thing. "Snips, Leaf Storm." Reno said, the Serperior quickly whipping up a frenzied storm of leaves and other bladed plant that ripped through the ground, racing to surround and cut down the Blastoise while it was stuck in its stationary position.

"Wrong move, mister arrogant. But thanks for continuing to play with me." Reno told the Gym Leader, blowing Blue a raspberry as he did so. Next to him, Snips would...look strangely empowered by the Leaf Storm that had been kicked up. For using a move that should have weakened him, he seemed to be more powerful than ever. What sort of strangeness was this?

"Now look who is getting too cocky too soon." Blue said with a grin in reply to Reno's verbal jabbing. "Blastoise, use Blizzard and spin!" The gym leader called out.

As the Leaf Storm closed in and the leaves began to rack its shell the Mega Blastoise, while still withdrawn, would poke out one of its arm cannons and point it to its side before unleashing a powerful gust of freezing wind from the cannon. The force of the Blizzard would cause the Mega Blastoise to spin faster and faster in its shell until a fierce twister of icy wind consumed it, the leaves becoming frozen on contact and becoming nothing more than ice chunks flying around in the Blizzard twister.

While it seemed defensive in nature the Shellfish Pokemon wouldn't end there as it kicked out its back legs at the right time to send its spinning self, and frozen twister around it, straight for the Serperior.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:58 pm
As the Blastoise began to draw closer, the ground in front of it would begin to shift slightly before the Blastoise passed over. In an instant, a flurry of vines would spring from the ground and attempt to bind the Blastoise by grabbing onto its shell and reaching inside. All of this would be aimed to stop its motion and tie up the Blastoise in a Wrap attack.

"You really never learn that spinning like that just makes this stuff easier to do." Reno told Blue, doing his best to make sure not to give away his bemusement. Oh this was going to get fun.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash