Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
9/11 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

His mom was alright though :3
  D: yey!
View Results

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:05 am
angel_half82
I was driving to morning formation when I heard it on the radio. Our base was locked down and I couldn't get home for two days. We were a rapid deployment battalion when I was in the army so we were waiting for the pres to send us orders to go to either Iraq or Afganistan. A couple months later I was headed to Kuwait to invade Iraq.

Wow that must have been big. Did you agree with the Iraq invasion? My dad was in either Cologne or Heidelberg when 9/11 happened and he couldn't get home and my mom freaked because we were low on money so we couldn't buy stuff for a week. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:34 am
first off let me say this, it was only a matter of time till something like this happened. it was attempted in 1993. though there really wasnt a way of prediting when and where it would happen. i also really dont like all the media coverage it got/gets. yes it was a tragidy, but it could have been so much worse. the towers were mostly empty at the time, as in only a few hundred people died as opposed to several thousand. people die horrific deaths everyday all over the world and the american media could care less.
as to where i was when i heard about it, it was lying in bed half asleep when my mom came it and turned on my tv.

on a side note i am also sick and tired of people bitching that a couple thousand soldiers have died in iraq. they are soldiers, they knew that they might die going in. and ONLY a couple thousand over the course of 4 1/2 years in an actively hostile region is actually pretty damn impressive.

i know this might piss somepeople off, but this is my opinion and i still have the right to express it.  

Taisar Cahan

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:28 am
Taisar Cahan
first off let me say this, it was only a matter of time till something like this happened. it was attempted in 1993. though there really wasnt a way of prediting when and where it would happen. i also really dont like all the media coverage it got/gets. yes it was a tragidy, but it could have been so much worse. the towers were mostly empty at the time, as in only a few hundred people died as opposed to several thousand. people die horrific deaths everyday all over the world and the american media could care less.
as to where i was when i heard about it, it was lying in bed half asleep when my mom came it and turned on my tv.

on a side note i am also sick and tired of people bitching that a couple thousand soldiers have died in iraq. they are soldiers, they knew that they might die going in. and ONLY a couple thousand over the course of 4 1/2 years in an actively hostile region is actually pretty damn impressive.

i know this might piss somepeople off, but this is my opinion and i still have the right to express it.

WHY DOES NOBODY READ MY POSTS?!

*cries*

I addressed this topic in my post. emo  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out