Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
young people! kindly explain yourselves!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kids these days...
  seriously, wtf?
  shut up, old people!
View Results

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:09 pm
Hanku Royiaki
bluegrass cat

discuss:

this generation's legacy
whacked out celebs acting TWENTY YEARS OLDER than they should

heart

???*shrug* fine I'll delete if you guys hate it so much. -_-

What exactly does that have to do with white people talking like they are black? If your telling me that everyone in that specific generation that is white talks like they are black then what is your source?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:11 pm
lol sorry shins, I wasn't referring to your post. My bad XP

Angel, don't worry about it, I'm not even gonna bother with this thread anymore. Carry on.  

Hanku Royiaki

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:27 pm
Hanku Royiaki
lol sorry shins, I wasn't referring to your post. My bad XP

Angel, don't worry about it, I'm not even gonna bother with this thread anymore. Carry on.

Took you long enough.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:30 pm
Teen pregnancy isn't anything new. Hell.. it even dates back to Egyptian times where even ***** was okay (Incase you didn't know, 30 year old men were allowed to marry 12 year old girls)
The thing about Jamie Lyn Spears is she thought "Hey, my sister is allowed to be a slut and she is extremely famous.. I'M SO GETTING PREGNANT!"  

Pirate-Wolfe

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:25 pm
shinsevenx
bah. I feel old. Kids now a days yelling at their parents and junk. My momma would have knocked me the f--ck out. Time outs don't work. Especially when kids get to go have time out in their rooms with every game systems in there, or the internet. It pisses me off. Not to mention parents being all damn mealy mouthed about punishments. Ridiculous. I'm not saying beat your kids, but I am saying get better control of them. It is ludicrous to think that it is the kid's fault or blaming someone else when it is clearly the parent's fault. that's the whole reason behind when you have kids, to teach them right from dang wrong. geez. Bunch of savages in this world.
Time-outs worked for me. I had to stand with my nose to the wall, for however many minutes as years I had (like, if I was 5, I stood for 5 minutes; 10 years old, I had to stand for 10 minutes), and my time didn't start if I talked or looked away, and it started over if I talked or looked away. Plus, I could hear the TV, but not watch it. Pure torture, it was emo

Come to think of it, that might have something to do with my near-sightedness. >.> Anyway...

But yeah, sending them to their room when their room has a computer and all that in there is just dumb.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:41 am
Well, Immortal....you are probably one of the few exceptions. Kids now a days get it so friggin easy. Nobody really even spanks their kids anymore for fear that they'll get them taken away. I could make people cry with just tales of how I was 'raised' before I left my mom. Or tales of how my dad tried to 'handle' me. Point is, It is the parent's job as a parent to teach their kids right from wrong, so their kids don't go out and get themselves killed or something else almost equally bad. It used to be that parents didn't want to look bad b/c how their kids acted reflected on them as reference to how they raised them. Nowadays, they don't care, and if the action is bad enough the first reaction is, That game did it. or something. Makes me sick. Don't get me wrong, I have met some really well mannered kids and young adults. but a lot of times it is few and far between. Even the school shootings could have been prevented. There's always been signs. For example, the Virginia Tech shootings. I read the other day that teachers and other faculty SEEN the signs that the guy was troubled and so on, and did nothing to even help him. No wonder, if you ask me. That doesn't excuse it no, but still. it could have been prevented. Same thing with other stuff that kids do. Sure, there are exceptions, but in a DFS driven world, nobody wins.  

Haha6977

iPunk_Fluttershy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:53 am
MissMunchieMonster
Oh wow I'm so gonna feel old after I say this. xp gonk

Anyway I think kids just aren't being disciplined the right way, like they have probably a little to much freedom plus easy access to things they probably shouldn't have access to. Take for example kids that are only 11 or even 10 and they get to go out with their friends alone and stay out till 12am or more (and I'm saying this cause I've seen this a lot). I'm not saying this is happening with every young person, but there is a number of them out there. I think maybe it's lack of applying good values and also some parents rather be friends with their children than a strict parent because they don't want their kids to hate them, this is a mistake in my eyes cause they're young and what they might want isn't necessary what's good for them and if they screw up because they didn't have that guidance then they're never going to say "I should have listened to my parents when they warned me about [insert stupid mistake here]". It's actually something I think about when I make a mistake and it was something my parents warned me about. xd

I'm not saying that they shouldn't have some freedom, but it needs to be a freedom where the parent has some control. Like if they're going out, the parents should at least know where they're going and with who and they should set up a time for them to come back home plus have some form of communication with them. That way the kid gets to have fun and the parent can check up on them in case anything happens. This is just my opinion though I'm not gonna tell anyone how they should raise their kids. I just hope that they can control the craziness that is this generation...though I'm just 19. xd

I strongly agree with this!! My sister has two kids, one 6 and one 5. Well my grandma baby sits them during the day and when they back talk her i am so amazed. My grandma literally used to beat the sh*t out of me, my brother, my niece, and my sisters when we grew up, but she lets them get away with it. Old age I guess.
But my sister doesnt really yell at them, instead her husband does, and since he is a firefighter he is gone alot, and the girls are absolutley afraid of him, but when my sister is watching them they are total and complete brats. I almost killed one the other day for talking about my dad(who is deceased) and she got away with it cuz my sister didnt do anything about it!!! I'm their aunt and not even i could do anything about it cuz they arent my kids. But if they were i would have disciplined them appropriatly to the crime.
O.O wow that was longer to write than to say, sorry!!
But yeah, I am saying all this, and i am only 15 so i dont even understand them. This is kinda in my generation so i will say this:
Our generation is out of hand. And i am really tired of young girls becoming sluty(pardon me) at the age of 12, and 13. Its just ridiculous. Apparently they dont go to church, or watch enough disney movies.....lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:47 am
Today's generation blows.

I would explain myself on my views, but I'll make it simple.

1. Media - Huge influence on kids. Nuff said.

2. Less time with parents - These days, it takes more money and more time just to live comfortably. With less contact between parents and their children, they are likely to learn more from peers, not family.

3. Phase of Age - That's my term. It basically means that its a matter of age for this generation. In the 70's and 60's, it was all drugs, and plenty of it. Not to mention sex. So why would it be any different for this generation?  

- S i r - D e m i -

Awiergan Resurrection

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:04 am
Today's generation isn't acting 20 years older. They're acting 10 years older. 50% of highschoolers in this generation will graduate with their virginity. My grandmother married at 18. My sister married at 18. Sex is sex is sex. The media changes how it is represented, but a few celebrity's lives aren't an accurate representation of the generation.

Now when it comes to the reduction in violence, I'm clueless. Morality and religion are the main factors that prevent me from being a violent person. If we were truly an immoral generation, I think that school shootings and teen homicides would be nonstop news.

Then again, I'm barely a teenager anymore. The next generation will roll around before I've finished analyzing this one.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:15 am
Awiergan Resurrection
Today's generation isn't acting 20 years older. They're acting 10 years older. 50% of highschoolers in this generation will graduate with their virginity. My grandmother married at 18. My sister married at 18. Sex is sex is sex. The media changes how it is represented, but a few celebrity's lives aren't an accurate representation of the generation.

Now when it comes to the reduction in violence, I'm clueless. Morality and religion are the main factors that prevent me from being a violent person. If we were truly an immoral generation, I think that school shootings and teen homicides would be nonstop news.

Then again, I'm barely a teenager anymore. The next generation will roll around before I've finished analyzing this one.
Yup, I agree with everything you say here. 3nodding  

- S i r - D e m i -

Communitst Daughter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:39 am
Things will just get worse.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:07 pm
Indeed. It is a sad, but true fact.  

Haha6977

HellzChelz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:37 am
Open ur eyes ppl!This land is goin to hell in a hand basket wahmbulance !Hillbillies r takin over the world!.....but seriously...Jamie is the definition of white trash,only took some time for her real heritage to show talk2hand  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:42 am
teh sexiful nerdy
America has no morals.
Truth is, the whole damn world oft seems to be falling to pieces, morally. Strange thing is, trying to rationally identify a reason (rather than just saying "It's the evil internet that's to blame!!!" or "It's just that way cause the bible said it would be!!!") is actually a challenge. No one thing seems capable of such moral-disintigration, but something's causing it...

BUNNY DANCE!!!
User Image

EDIT

Quote:
Hillbillies r takin over the world

That's Hill William to you, sir!

And come to think of it, Awiergan might have a point; it's certainly true that for many things, the line the sepperates moral from immoral can be pretty thin. And although I sure as HELL wouldn't reccomend it, having a child at 16 isn't a sign of an immoral person so much as a sign of a person whom has learned to be MUCH more careful from now on. Though I do believe the world is far worse than in much of history (notice I did not say ALL; use your imagination if you don't get me), it's also true that the media plays to the most basic and easily-aroused emotion of the human mind; dispair. Though most people are pretty much happy, whatever their lot in life, it is still quite easy to make a person turn their head in disgust, to sigh for lack of hope. It doesn't matter whom the person is, it doesn't matter how naturally happy they are, dispair is often the most easily-induced human emotion. Truth is, a lot of bad things were going on no matter what time you look at, but never before have they been immediately reported to us from around the globe. But just remember this; there are aprox. 6 billion of us around now, and human multiply exponentially; the more people around, the more available to fall into the snares of their darker nature. So perhaps it's not that we've changed so much as that it's easier to see what's going on around us.  

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Marathon 300

Alienor Kaze

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:49 am
I put the blame on today's generation of parents. They spoil their children like no tomorrow. I mean, one time I was in the supermarket and this damn kid ran the shopping cart over my toes. Instead of having the child apologize, his mother turned and gave me a half-hearted "I'm sorry."

It's good to give your children love, but parents of today give way too much of it.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff