Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Creative Crossroads
Desktop Evolution: ATG, Show Your Desktops! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Indigo Project

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:52 pm
Jaft
Yes, but what is that white light?
I dunno. The moon, I think.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:57 pm
Emulated Rapture
[X]

I have a wallpaper of my favorite Visual Kei band, only the icons to the things I use most (I don't do anything very complex on this computer), a language bar at the top because I type in Japanese sometimes, and a link to an image project that I haven't worked on in months...

Am I the only one with a normal looking Windows setup...? And yes, I still use MS Paint. Leeme alone...
You have Japs on your desktop. How normal is that?

If you feel like you're missing out, change it.  

124-C

In Circus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:02 pm
I might if I had my own computer, Tsuji. But this is a shared computer. Everyone in my family has their own account, and I know that if I change anything (even something like the resolution size) I'll just get yelled at and be told to change it back.

:/

Hah, Japs... xD  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:06 pm
124-C
[edit] @Jaft - I just now placed your desktop! It's one of Slim's paintings!

You're smart. 8D  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

124-C

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:11 pm
Jaft
124-C
[edit] @Jaft - I just now placed your desktop! It's one of Slim's paintings!

You're smart. 8D
I knew I had seen it before... I feel stupid that it took me so long to figure out where, though...

@Emu - Shared computers suck! Single user box is the way to go. I still don't like other people using my computer (they put things in the wrong spot and change settings...).  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:14 pm
124-C
I knew I had seen it before... I feel stupid that it took me so long to figure out where, though...

I was one of the few people that REALLY liked it. I'm guessing one of the few. Anyway, it's chill, because you were the only one that voiced recognition. 83  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:15 pm
Birthday = Feb. 15
I used to see my customers' desktops all the time. Let me name the ways in which Emu's setup is not typical.

1. The icons are on the right instead of the left, where they default.
2. The average user has no clue what Winamp is, never mind having it open and running.
3. Using AVG instead of some crappy program like Norton/Mcafee (I almost typed Mcrappy there) or Trend Micro is certainly atypical.

As a side note... if you're using LimeWire, it's no wonder you've had to install AdAware.

EDIT: doing something like moving your taskbar to where you like it won't affect other user accounts. Resolution changes will though.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
... in case anyone cares wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:23 pm
@Jaft - I thought it was a pretty sweet painting, I'm not sure why she didn't approve of it herself.

@Kals - True. I prefer EvilPlayer for Windows (lower CPU usage and sits in the TaskBar by the clock) but then, I constantly have my music on shuffle. The language bar is different too, but she pointed that one out on her own.

Another safe change could be custom icons, right? I've never done a custom XP setup.  

124-C

In Circus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:24 pm
@Kals - I switch the side my icons are on depending on what wallpaper I'm using. I hate when the icons are obscuring my view of the picture.
- I switched to Winamp because the effing Windows media player window is brought back to the top every time I picked a new song, so it slowed things down and just pissed me off. And I only found out about it because a friend of mine uses it.
- I picked AVG just because we had some major hacker problem a while ago, and it seemed trustworthy enough.
- And I've had Ad-Aware for a long time, just because someone recommended it. I never really thought it did a whole lot.

I just ment typical like how the the toolbar at the bottom looks normal and not vertical.

@Tsuji - I don't know how to do that. Even if I did, I'd probably mess something up. xd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:27 pm
AVG is pretty good, but I prefer Panda Anti-virus over all the other programs..

>_>
<_<

Also, parents can't tell me what to do with the computers in this house, because they I own all of them. Mwahahaha, unlimited power!  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

In Circus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:37 pm
I used to have Panda, but I kept having to redownload the trial version every month because no one is willing to pay for the saftey of our computer. D:

So I switched to stop the hassle.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:40 pm
124-C
@Jaft - I thought it was a pretty sweet painting, I'm not sure why she didn't approve of it herself.

I do not know. What I do know is that it makes an awesome background. 3nodding  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

124-C

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:48 pm
Jaft
124-C

I do not know. What I do know is that it makes an awesome background. 3nodding
Indeed. I'm saving it for future use.

It goes under Documents > Archives > Slim95  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:19 pm
Don't think I'll ever use winamp again. They update like every minutes and the freaking notices are annoying and randomly it acts funny. Plus, I got an ipod now, so I'm usually listening to music on there. Because I usually just play WoW and browse gaia, and type papers or write email.  

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200