Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Judgement Day, Qiyamah, The Apocalypse, Et Cetera Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Btw, Qiyamah is Arabic for Judgment Day
  For you peoples who can't speak Arabic
  And are ignorant of Islamic tradition
  Or for people who already knew this are are henceforth AWESOME.
View Results

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:26 pm
i wouldnt say that religion is myth as such, i would rather say that myths can form parts of religion  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:13 am
Artanus
Judgment day is when everyone nukes everyone else. And the U.S. Will most likely start it.

rofl

please, nukes are ancient history as far as real world threats! our own missile shield ((recently demonstrated by the us navy)) is the trump card that ended that one.

hooray for star wars defense systems! xd

naw, the "new nukes" of our time will be biological warfare. cause its a hell of a lot harder to stop a virus or bacteria than it is to stop a nuclear warhead.

3nodding

really, the only thing that will wipe out EVERYTHING on earth is an asteroid or our atmosphere disappearing for some reason or a really MASSIVE gust from the solar winds or if we manage to avoid all of that, the final day when the sun itself will reach the end of its life. ((of course, before THAT happens, we'll go into pangaea again which will destroy all the ecosystems on the earth, but surely a few bacteria and strands of dna will survive, so i'm not counting that one.))

then we'll all be one giant piece of charcoal. sweatdrop

but, most of those things aren't LIKELY to happen within our lifetimes, and by the time our sun decides to eat us, we'll probably have the technology to run away via space ships. xd

its a lot safer on earth NOW than it was 50 years ago, so why worry? we're actually IMPROVING.

and the only difference between religion and myth is that myths are not believed in by a lot of people and religion is.

xd  

WastelandMama
Crew

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:57 am

Na, we got too many drugs. If someone feels sick they pump them selves with drugs, pain killers, cold stuff... We will more likely die of an over dose, or starvation from spending grosery money on meds than bio weapons. If it was something like zombie/mutating or another virus that transforms us into monsters, then we'd just shoot eachother to extinction.

Who thinks that that 'spy sattelite' was accually just an old, unused sattalite that was in perfect orbit and posed absolutly no danger even if it wasn't in perfect orbit? *hinthint*

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:45 am
Metalic_Noodles

Na, we got too many drugs. If someone feels sick they pump them selves with drugs, pain killers, cold stuff... We will more likely die of an over dose, or starvation from spending grosery money on meds than bio weapons. If it was something like zombie/mutating or another virus that transforms us into monsters, then we'd just shoot eachother to extinction.

Who thinks that that 'spy sattelite' was accually just an old, unused sattalite that was in perfect orbit and posed absolutly no danger even if it wasn't in perfect orbit? *hinthint*

~Metalic_Noodles

1) On my earlier point, I wasn't implying that myths were lies. I put in quotes like that for the BENEFIT of people who DO think it is a lie. I know the definition of myth.
2) We won't die of an overdose. You know what happens when you take too many antibiotics? The bacteria in your system become immune to them. So eventually, you've used up every weapon in your arsenal, no matter how many injections you've got handy. I agree with Bluegrass cat. We won't die of an overdose. We'll die of epidemic.  

MonsieurSponge

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:22 pm
yeah and it'll be an epidemic of our own making, where we have abused the antibiotics, or someone releases some new form of small pox or something. Since small pox has been eradicated except for in certain labs, we would have no resistance to a new strain right?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:51 pm
EggaxSponge
Angelic_Highlights
Tbh i do and i dont believe in judgement day because if it is meant to happen then it shall and if not then it wont. pretty simple XD i live for the present and dont worry about the future because i doubt we shall see it in our lifetimes so there really is no need to worry about it.

Some people have argued that's why the "myth" was created.

and alas that is where the problem lies because we cannot touch or see myth we only know it is there. So there is a lot of confusement with that.  

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:57 pm
EggaxSponge
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

1) On my earlier point, I wasn't implying that myths were lies. I put in quotes like that for the BENEFIT of people who DO think it is a lie. I know the definition of myth.
2) We won't die of an overdose. You know what happens when you take too many antibiotics? The bacteria in your system become immune to them. So eventually, you've used up every weapon in your arsenal, no matter how many injections you've got handy. I agree with Bluegrass cat. We won't die of an overdose. We'll die of epidemic.

1. Sorry, it's a reaction, not something I think about at this point.
2. Overdose is more to my likeing. I'm someone who likes the idea of humanity ending itself.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:28 am
I enjoy reading myths but do I believe in them? Lord no.

I think the way humanity will end is either an asteroid or a zombie invasion. I am also a firm believer that if a zombie invasion comes I will be ready. BOOM! HEADSHOT!!  

angel_half82
Crew

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:31 am
angel_half82

I think the way humanity will end is either an asteroid or a zombie invasion. I am also a firm believer that if a zombie invasion comes I will be ready. BOOM! HEADSHOT!!
Well I´ll survive a while I think 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:35 am
Thanatos Phoenix
angel_half82

I'll row my a** over to sweden.  

angel_half82
Crew

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:35 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
angel_half82

I'd probably end up going crazy within the first week, zombies are like my one and only fear. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:17 pm
Zombies I can handle. Just give me a shotgun and a foil.

It's octopi that give me the heebie-jeebies. If they ever come out of the sea, I'mma gonna be a hermit lady for EVVVER.  

MonsieurSponge

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:21 am

I fear the day cats wake up, decide they've had enough sleep for a few generations and take over the world. I just hope mine don't have me too much that day. sweatdrop But I'm rather sure my girls (3) can each on thier own steal a bed from a lion, and Andrew, well, his style is just convince you that saying is not in your best intrests. xd

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:29 pm
EggaxSponge
Zombies I can handle. Just give me a shotgun and a foil.

It's octopi that give me the heebie-jeebies. If they ever come out of the sea, I'mma gonna be a hermit lady for EVVVER.
Mmmmm octopus curry.... Wants *drools*  

Thanatos Phoenix

-IllIcIcIty-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:14 pm
Metalic_Noodles
EggaxSponge
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

1. Sorry, it's a reaction, not something I think about at this point.
2. Overdose is more to my likeing. I'm someone who likes the idea of humanity ending itself.

~Metalic_Noodles

Humanity ending itself is a possibility, such as a particle accelerator accidentally generating a black hole and slowly engulfing the world, but in the meantime, there WILL be the person in a corner of a cave somewhere in the world keeping the world alive by having endless sex. 3nodding  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff