Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
What will the future be like? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good thing to talk about?
  Yes it´s interesting.
  No it´s boring
  It´s okay
  PW
View Results

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:44 am
Thanatos Phoenix
Iconised Ghost
Thanatos Phoenix
Iconised Ghost
Thanatos Phoenix
Iconised Ghost
I think its the same as anything, it should be in moderation. I dont want lots of artificial things in my body if i can avoid it, so i probably wouldnt want intelligent blood cells if my immune system works ok naturally. Sensation for artificial skin sounds awesome though and would be a huge advantage for people with artificial limbs. And im not going to say no to a cure for brain cancer xd

it would be interesting to see the difference between european posthumans and american orthohumans though. It would be cool because you could use the american orthohumans as your control group and see if the quality of life is actually improved by technology in the european posthumans mrgreen
Use the americans as guinea pig, thats going to turn out good...... Not xd

no no, its the other way around xd lol, the Americans are the control group in the study, i.e. they just continue like normal, you dont change anything
Haha I don´t think will work xd

How come? Do you think they'll change their minds half way through xd they probably would, once they all start dying of brain cancer
Well what people don´t have they want, so I think their will be war...

And nano machines have the possibilities to cure all types of cancer 3nodding

Doesn't that contradict what you said earlier though? It's true that what people don't have, they want, but why would Americans want nanotechnology if they're the ones against it anyway? Wouldn't the war be caused by Americans not wanting the technology?

Or do you think what Ghost said, that Americans will change their mind along the way and want the technology? In that case there wouldn't be a war over it, because I don't think Europeans could stop Americans from obtaining the technology. Even if they could, I don't see why they would.

And I still want to know the embarrassing reason for angel wanting a Chobit. O_o When I start thinking about the future that's one of the first things that comes to mind xd (persocoms)...I'd actually prefer if they weren't released altogether in the event that people become even more reclusive from each other (like in the story), though for some reason I don't think it would happen that dramatically.

If they were released, however, I would probably end up getting one anyway. I'd name him Rahab. whee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:31 pm
aprilness
Thanatos Phoenix
Iconised Ghost
Thanatos Phoenix
Iconised Ghost

no no, its the other way around xd lol, the Americans are the control group in the study, i.e. they just continue like normal, you dont change anything
Haha I don´t think will work xd

How come? Do you think they'll change their minds half way through xd they probably would, once they all start dying of brain cancer
Well what people don´t have they want, so I think their will be war...

And nano machines have the possibilities to cure all types of cancer 3nodding

Doesn't that contradict what you said earlier though? It's true that what people don't have, they want, but why would Americans want nanotechnology if they're the ones against it anyway? Wouldn't the war be caused by Americans not wanting the technology?

Or do you think what Ghost said, that Americans will change their mind along the way and want the technology? In that case there wouldn't be a war over it, because I don't think Europeans could stop Americans from obtaining the technology. Even if they could, I don't see why they would.

And I still want to know the embarrassing reason for angel wanting a Chobit. O_o When I start thinking about the future that's one of the first things that comes to mind xd (persocoms)...I'd actually prefer if they weren't released altogether in the event that people become even more reclusive from each other (like in the story), though for some reason I don't think it would happen that dramatically.

If they were released, however, I would probably end up getting one anyway. I'd name him Rahab. whee
Well I´m not just talking about technology, I´m talking about economics because I believe that with better technology comes better economic understanding and that equals more money, equals more power, equals greater threat.

That is why I said that there will be war.

But I don´t think the Europeans will have the best technology in the world, I think that Asia (Japan and/or China) will have the superior technology in the future.

Also I want a persocoms too....... Named Pandora or something like that 4laugh  

Thanatos Phoenix

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:55 pm
Japan and/or China will have the superior technology in the future? They already do, and yeah, I don't think that will change too much.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:06 pm
aprilness
Japan and/or China will have the superior technology in the future? They already do, and yeah, I don't think that will change too much.

idk, just 100 years ago, people would've laughed their asses off if you'd told them how technologically advanced japan and china were gonna be.

things like that can change in the blink of an eye, ya know? it used to be everything awesome came from america, then it went to japan, and then to the major cities of china. so who knows where it'll go to next?  

WastelandMama
Crew

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:04 pm
Hmmmm...I've lived for a very short time, and in that time Japan's always been in the lead for technology. Or China, I suppose.

I'm not sure who the torch will pass to next. confused Somewhere we never could have expected?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:30 pm
aprilness
Hmmmm...I've lived for a very short time, and in that time Japan's always been in the lead for technology. Or China, I suppose.

I'm not sure who the torch will pass to next. confused Somewhere we never could have expected?

lol, i haven't been alive all that long, either, i just know world history.

before america was the place for kick a** stuff, it was great britian...idk about before then, but in ancient history it was the romans and then before that the egyptians.

there's actually a simpson's episode where it reveals that mr. burns once had the opportunity to bankroll a japanese company that would eventually become a HUGE force in the world of electronics, but he scoffed @ the offer and said "the japanese? those fishermen?" rofl  

WastelandMama
Crew

Artanus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:57 pm
My post I made here was just about the optimistic (kinda) things in the future. I have so much ******** paranoia about the future. I'm paranoid about anything that has power, and I can't see. So generally, if I don't know what's going on, it's a threat to me.

But think about it. All of our trusted officials could easily lie to our faces about everything. The government could be hiding so much from us! Major stores could be bought out, so equipment could be tampered with. For example, Geiger Counters. Average homes have a certain amount of Radon, which is a radioactive element. All homes are checked for radon. Too much can be hazardous. What if, the amount of radon in certain places started to go up? homes could lose so much value, and probably put a dent in the economy (keep in mind, that I'm almost 14, and have no idea how the economy works). The point is, that'd be bad, and would cause a scare. The government could ******** with average Geiger Counters so no average citizen could measure the right amount of Radon in their home.

The fact is, the U.S. Government does not want people to know things. We get scared. They deal with problems themselves.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:41 pm
aprilness

New Zealand mrgreen that would be unexpected. Although you never know, we did split the atom ^-^ Well, one of us did  

Iconised Ghost

Artanus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:54 pm
Iconised Ghost
aprilness

New Zealand mrgreen that would be unexpected. Although you never know, we did split the atom ^-^ Well, one of us did

Oh! I need to ask you something. What continent do you belong to?Is it Australia, or are you just your own thing? XP  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:00 pm
Artanus
Iconised Ghost
aprilness

Oh! I need to ask you something. What continent do you belong to?Is it Australia, or are you just your own thing? XP

We dont belong to a continent, we're an island. We DON'T belong to Australia. New Zealand is it's own, independent country. Like Japan. Lol, dont ever say to a New Zealander that they belogn to Australia ^_^'' U may die. New Zealand is however part of Australasia  

Iconised Ghost

Artanus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:05 pm
Iconised Ghost
Artanus
Iconised Ghost
aprilness

We dont belong to a continent, we're an island. We DON'T belong to Australia. New Zealand is it's own, independent country. Like Japan. Lol, dont ever say to a New Zealander that they belogn to Australia ^_^'' U may die. New Zealand is however part of Australasia

I get it. That's pretty cool. I never thought they were part of Australia, but I just never knew. Not even my teachers knew.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:10 pm
That's sad that your teachers didnt even know  

Iconised Ghost

lilsmilyboi2

1,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:41 pm
my futre will be borrrrrrring......  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:29 pm
Iconised Ghost
Artanus
Iconised Ghost
aprilness

you're part of a continental plate though, aren't you? or is your island from a rouge volcano on the fringe of a plate? xd  

WastelandMama
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:42 pm
i think that the fault goes through us, i'll look it up. We have heaps of volcanoes along the fault line, but im not sure if it counts as the edge of 2 continental plates

...after much extensive research (lol google XD) i have found that we are sort of cut in 2 by the pacific and indo-asutralian plates. See:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff