Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
shiny, new, and hotter than my last one. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

favorite brand?
  dell
  compaq/HP (merged)
  Emachines
  alienware
  Acer
  Toshiba
  Sony
  other
View Results

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:58 pm
D: I got a new laptop as a graduation gift (an HP Pavilion), and six months later...I get a hardware problem. -_- Good thing it's under a 1 year warranty. But it has taken...almost 2 months now to get fixed. The time it's expected to get back has already been delayed twice. It's SUPPOSED to be back by the 27th now, but I'm having a hard time trusting anything HP says anymore. xD

They said there was a parts shortage, and I thought, ok, fine...but they never even really told me what was wrong. I think it was because of the motherboard overheating. Anyway, nice lappy. =D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:16 pm
Ivri
Artanus
The title lead me to believe you got a new Penor or something.

Sweet new laptop. How many Gigs does it hold?
a shiny penor? that would be pretty awkward...unless it was the vibrating kind that isn't attached to your body xd

nah it would just mean that he polished it regularly whee

gonk  

Iconised Ghost

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:15 pm
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles

Girly bathroom-like wallpaper.

And not all that cool. Looks too much like my Dell latitude from 1997. *laughs at you*

Anyway, I can tell by the hinges it's not one of the laptops with a swivel screen that you can fold the wrong way to have a tablet. If it's not a laptop that you can swivel into a tablet it's not cool. talk2hand (That's the type I'm eyeing for collage.)

Also, if you can game on a laptop, it's battery life but be like, 15 minutes. D: which kills the point of having it unless it's used like a super expensive desktop that doesn't crash when the power flickers.

~Metalic_Noodles

Do not judge a laptop by its appearance grasshopper, it is what is on the inside that counts.

My mum has had a tablet laptop for over a year now *laughs at you* Jesus christ though, your budget must be frikken huge!

Ya, a tablet in the monitor. xd

Lucky mom, my budget is crap. I'm hoping for graduation gifts and lack of driver's permit to get me that tablet laptop, and if not there are always scholorships. wink I don't wish big often, but when I do I go huge. I lack moderation, same with my Gaia wishlist. Most of the things are cheap, and I just want a really good price for them or haven't bothered to get them myself. xp

jfm567
Metalic_Noodles

And not all that cool. Looks too much like my Dell latitude from 1997. *laughs at you*

Anyway, I can tell by the hinges it's not one of the laptops with a swivel screen that you can fold the wrong way to have a tablet. If it's not a laptop that you can swivel into a tablet it's not cool. talk2hand (That's the type I'm eyeing for collage.)

Also, if you can game on a laptop, it's battery life but be like, 15 minutes. D: which kills the point of having it unless it's used like a super expensive desktop that doesn't crash when the power flickers.

~Metalic_Noodles

i never said anything about it being cool for your information. and im sorry i cant just pull loads of money out of my a** for swivel touchscreen laptops. it lasts about 2 and a half hours on battery during gaming. but it is shiny, new, and hotter than my last laptop.

Wha-WAIT!!! crying I'm not allowed to tease you anymore either????
2.5 hours... that's sucky. Sad that ways to deplete battery life are being found faster than how to enlong it. :/

Isn't hot for a laptop bad? Or are you useing hot as a way to say awesome? Well, If it runs hot, and you have it burn a CD or DvD... xd

SEEEEEEEEEEEE?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?
I can make sex jokes toooo!!!!!!!!
stare So I'm gunna tease you whether you like it or not! *pouts*

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:52 am
Metalic_Noodles
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

Do not judge a laptop by its appearance grasshopper, it is what is on the inside that counts.

My mum has had a tablet laptop for over a year now *laughs at you* Jesus christ though, your budget must be frikken huge!

Lucky mom, my budget is crap. I'm hoping for graduation gifts and lack of driver's permit to get me that tablet laptop, and if not there are always scholorships. wink I don't wish big often, but when I do I go huge. I lack moderation, same with my Gaia wishlist. Most of the things are cheap, and I just want a really good price for them or haven't bothered to get them myself. xp

jfm567
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

i never said anything about it being cool for your information. and im sorry i cant just pull loads of money out of my a** for swivel touchscreen laptops. it lasts about 2 and a half hours on battery during gaming. but it is shiny, new, and hotter than my last laptop.

2.5 hours... that's sucky. Sad that ways to deplete battery life are being found faster than how to enlong it. :/

Isn't hot for a laptop bad? Or are you useing hot as a way to say awesome? Well, If it runs hot, and you have it burn a CD or DvD... xd

~Metalic_Noodles

Let me know how much you want to laugh once you have a 60K student loan to pay off for "Going big" stare  

angel_half82
Crew

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

Professional Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:10 am
? hmm? well yeah my laptop only has 2 or 3 hours battery life but that's about the going battery life. i'm not going to be using it out of my home or outside a room with a hookup up much at all if i do it wouldn't be for more than a couple hours. but i play wow on mine all the time the connection speed of my internet at home and the gaming card in this makes it a bit faster than alot of ppls computers not that i mind i'm just happy to be able to help in kara once in a while and see all of arathi basin now in bgs lol. i'm guessing jfm's does just as well if he's gaming on it. I don't feel my lappys lacking at all

uhhh i don't even know what tablet is?? but why would you rly want to fold your lappy up backwards? i'd be thinking "omg the poor kid just broke their lappy lol" sounds kewl though i guess but yea shoot this one was 1000 bucks and that's a bit steep imo. luffs my 2 hour battery life lol cuz i keep it plugged up at home for hard core gaming anyways. i have a lil lap tray with cooling fans to keep my lap cool they're suppose to run a lil hot nature of the beast. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:55 am
*wines out of pure jellousy*
i want yer laptop, mine sux it dun even work so i gots to use meh parents desktop... my laptop blue screens before it even fully starts up....  

Marurashi

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:08 pm
Rydia-Beck
? hmm? well yeah my laptop only has 2 or 3 hours battery life but that's about the going battery life. i'm not going to be using it out of my home or outside a room with a hookup up much at all if i do it wouldn't be for more than a couple hours. but i play wow on mine all the time the connection speed of my internet at home and the gaming card in this makes it a bit faster than alot of ppls computers not that i mind i'm just happy to be able to help in kara once in a while and see all of arathi basin now in bgs lol. i'm guessing jfm's does just as well if he's gaming on it. I don't feel my lappys lacking at all

uhhh i don't even know what tablet is?? but why would you rly want to fold your lappy up backwards? i'd be thinking "omg the poor kid just broke their lappy lol" sounds kewl though i guess but yea shoot this one was 1000 bucks and that's a bit steep imo. luffs my 2 hour battery life lol cuz i keep it plugged up at home for hard core gaming anyways. i have a lil lap tray with cooling fans to keep my lap cool they're suppose to run a lil hot nature of the beast. 3nodding

A tablet is like a laptop, but you can swivel the screen around and then lie it flat and write on it and it will recognise your writing and stuff like that, its all touch sensitive and stuff.

My mum got hers for free as well mrgreen

Student loans suck so bad emo at least they are interest free here, are they interest free in the US?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:53 pm
angel_half82
Metalic_Noodles
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

jfm567
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

Let me know how much you want to laugh once you have a 60K student loan to pay off for "Going big" stare

Grants and scholorships, not loans. talk2hand Then find the biggest baddest lappy you can, and worry about having evough left over for books a junk later. xd

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:27 am
Metalic_Noodles
angel_half82
Metalic_Noodles
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

jfm567
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

Grants and scholorships, not loans. talk2hand Then find the biggest baddest lappy you can, and worry about having evough left over for books a junk later. xd

~Metalic_Noodles

Over here scholarships and grants are usually pretty specific, like "this is for your books" or "this is for your student fees" and they go straight to the uni, you never see any of it directly. Prizes you see directly, but they're usually book vouchers whee but good luck with getting them to sponsor a super laptop  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:58 pm
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles
angel_half82
Metalic_Noodles
Iconised Ghost

jfm567

~Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

Over here scholarships and grants are usually pretty specific, like "this is for your books" or "this is for your student fees" and they go straight to the uni, you never see any of it directly. Prizes you see directly, but they're usually book vouchers whee but good luck with getting them to sponsor a super laptop

No graduation gifties when you live?
Or student discounts? whee  

Metalic_Noodles

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:34 pm
Metalic_Noodles
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles
angel_half82
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

No graduation gifties when you live?
Or student discounts? whee

Graduation gifts? If you mean from highschool, then no. Unless you come top in the country or out of your school, in which case you might get about $100. Those and any other give aways for uni are highly competitive anyway. Student discounts yes, but on luxuries- take away food, fashion, things like that. We have student discounts on books too, but you still average $100 a book anyway. Also have student discounts on buses and other transport, but its still very expensive if you take 2 or more buses a day. I sum up about $170 just in bus fares a month  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:22 am

I meant from family.

I have a 'sister' (long story) that said she'd give me a car if I passed my GED, but she's an a*****e,a nd a MAJOR flake. So I'm not counting on that, just something to tease her about. (Definatly not new, but the assumption is that it works)

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 am
Metalic_Noodles

I meant from family.

I have a 'sister' (long story) that said she'd give me a car if I passed my GED, but she's an a*****e,a nd a MAJOR flake. So I'm not counting on that, just something to tease her about. (Definatly not new, but the assumption is that it works)

~Metalic_Noodles

lol family mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:39 am
i hate scholarships that are so specific because i just want the money for whatever i want. hp laptops are great for school.  

VintageBot

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:41 am
moonstarpunx
i hate scholarships that are so specific because i just want the money for whatever i want. hp laptops are great for school.

hello! this is your 2nd thread resurrection! but since this one was only 8 days old and you're new, i'm letting it slide.

please stop res'ing threads though, or we'll have to ban you!

-mod squad  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces