Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Medical community knows nothing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

O: ******** that Ive never even tried to drink 8 bottles of water a day!
  XD
View Results

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:50 am
This reminds me of that court case where this woman was sueing the state of California or something saying that vacinations caused her childs Autism. I was just like, WTF...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:41 pm
SakuChwan
bluegrass cat
Metalic_Noodles
bluegrass cat

oh, another fun fact. in america, they take all the fat OUT of all the milk first, and then add it back according to what kinda milk it is. stare seems like a lot of work for nothing, but whatever...

o___O WTF?

ew...

I wonder if the vitamin D is there to hold it together? *gags*

~Metalic_Noodles

lol, no, the vitamin d is just in there.

they take out the fat so that they can guarantee that 2% has 2% of the fat that regular milk does and that skim IS really skim, etc.

all the extra fat they put into half & half. 3nodding

*stockpiles half & Half for morning cereals*

half & half is so good! crying i can't have it in the house or i'll sneak sips...

i once used it to feed five baby bunnies, too! of course, this was back before you could go and buy baby animal formula. 3nodding  

WastelandMama
Crew

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:59 pm
TheBlueWarrior
This reminds me of that court case where this woman was sueing the state of California or something saying that vacinations caused her childs Autism. I was just like, WTF...
Yeah, that's a load of garbage, even if it did cause her child's autism, which is very unlikely, the amount of kids that get the immunizations every year, and the number that are autistic just make it look like it was bad luck on her part. Most likely though, her kid already had some form of autism. Or that's what I think  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:41 pm
[Tsukasa567]
TheBlueWarrior
Yeah, that's a load of garbage, even if it did cause her child's autism, which is very unlikely, the amount of kids that get the immunizations every year, and the number that are autistic just make it look like it was bad luck on her part. Most likely though, her kid already had some form of autism. Or that's what I think

the problem w/blaming vaccinations is that autism usually shows up around the same time as children need all those vaccinations. its kind of a bad coincidence kinda thing.

if they could delay vaccinations or do them earlier, it would probably completely disprove that theory ((since the fact that homeschooled children who NEVER get vaccinations get autism as well doesn't seem to calm anyone down @ all)).  

WastelandMama
Crew

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:47 pm
bluegrass cat
[Tsukasa567]
TheBlueWarrior

the problem w/blaming vaccinations is that autism usually shows up around the same time as children need all those vaccinations. its kind of a bad coincidence kinda thing.

if they could delay vaccinations or do them earlier, it would probably completely disprove that theory ((since the fact that homeschooled children who NEVER get vaccinations get autism as well doesn't seem to calm anyone down @ all)).

The big part of the rumor was that there use to be tiny trace amounts of mercury in the vaccinations. The most reasonable explanation for Autism is genetics really.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:52 pm
TheBlueWarrior
bluegrass cat
[Tsukasa567]
TheBlueWarrior

The big part of the rumor was that there use to be tiny trace amounts of mercury in the vaccinations. The most reasonable explanation for Autism is genetics really.

well, the mercury part is true. they DID use a FORM of mercury in vaccinations but those stopped in the 80s!

i think autism IS mostly genetics with probably a bit of environment thrown in there ((ya know, like add/hd being like 85% genetics in the TRUE cases and 15% environment?)). 3nodding

until they find a gene for it though, who knows? and omg i am SO TIRED of jenny mccarthy running around telling people that she changed her son's DIET of all things and CURED his autism! rolleyes wtf??? you cannot CURE a disease like that with DIETARY changes. i love how she first blames vaccinations and goes on ******** OPRAH telling the whole world to NOT have their child vaccinated, and then claims that through her OWN research and "mommy intuition" ((i s**t you not those were her exact words)) she has CURED her son of autism! huzzah!

idiot. stare  

WastelandMama
Crew

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:59 pm
bluegrass cat

well, the mercury part is true. they DID use a FORM of mercury in vaccinations but those stopped in the 80s!

i think autism IS mostly genetics with probably a bit of environment thrown in there ((ya know, like add/hd being like 85% genetics in the TRUE cases and 15% environment?)). 3nodding

until they find a gene for it though, who knows? and omg i am SO TIRED of jenny mccarthy running around telling people that she changed her son's DIET of all things and CURED his autism! rolleyes wtf??? you cannot CURE a disease like that with DIETARY changes. i love how she first blames vaccinations and goes on ******** OPRAH telling the whole world to NOT have their child vaccinated, and then claims that through her OWN research and "mommy intuition" ((i s**t you not those were her exact words)) she has CURED her son of autism! huzzah!

idiot. stare

She was pretty full of it xd
The whole 'Mommy Intuition' crap was annoying.. said it constantly as an explanation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:44 pm
chianachan
bluegrass cat

idiot. stare

She was pretty full of it xd
The whole 'Mommy Intuition' crap was annoying.. said it constantly as an explanation.

omg were you watching ellen today, too???

ITS LIKE WE WERE WATCHING TV TOGETHER! xd

and i was like "WOW, thinking its cute that your son thinks he was like dory from 'finding nemo'? and what're the odds that would happen JUST BEFORE YOU GO ON ELLEN!" rolleyes

i guess when you can no longer be known as the "hawt chick", you have to do something for attention. sweatdrop  

WastelandMama
Crew

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas