Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
online purchasing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NO HELLO KITTY FOR THE KITTY!
  *krikrikri*
View Results

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:53 am
pineapple07
Iconised Ghost
pineapple07
[

Most laptops are pretty decent with graphics but just don't have the memory to handle the net-based games. It also depends on the operating system being used. Like basically whatever you do try to avoid Vista, it takes up sooooo much bloody space, and half of what's on there is completely useless. Little off topic yes...

noooo! Vista is lovely. Avoid taking the cheap way out and invest in decent ram and vista 3nodding and not just one or the other like i did xd

I re-installed Vista on my computer and took out the useless garbage that was on it, so it's not so bad anymore. But I still have my issues with it, if I try to use I.E and Firefox at the same time and use a website that requires Shockwave player it will make me download it for Firefox and then completely screw up Shockwave for BOTH web browsers! So I have to basically "go back in time" on my comp and fix it. DAMN YOU VISTA!!!

thats weird...ive never had that problem before. But then im not sure that ive used IE, firefox and a shockwave playing website xd ah well, all operating systems have their flaws. At least vista looks good while doing it mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:05 am
Iconised Ghost
pineapple07
Iconised Ghost
pineapple07
[

Most laptops are pretty decent with graphics but just don't have the memory to handle the net-based games. It also depends on the operating system being used. Like basically whatever you do try to avoid Vista, it takes up sooooo much bloody space, and half of what's on there is completely useless. Little off topic yes...

noooo! Vista is lovely. Avoid taking the cheap way out and invest in decent ram and vista 3nodding and not just one or the other like i did xd

I re-installed Vista on my computer and took out the useless garbage that was on it, so it's not so bad anymore. But I still have my issues with it, if I try to use I.E and Firefox at the same time and use a website that requires Shockwave player it will make me download it for Firefox and then completely screw up Shockwave for BOTH web browsers! So I have to basically "go back in time" on my comp and fix it. DAMN YOU VISTA!!!

thats weird...ive never had that problem before. But then im not sure that ive used IE, firefox and a shockwave playing website xd ah well, all operating systems have their flaws. At least vista looks good while doing it mrgreen

True, I do have a pretty backround on my computer 3nodding  

pineapple07

Tipsy Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:21 am
and the tool bar, bottom tray...thing....with the start button is nice ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:05 pm
I don't really care for Vista. I like XP the way it is. Now to finish Half-Life! Later!  

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:54 pm
Bikki Kobayashi V
I don't really care for Vista. I like XP the way it is. Now to finish Half-Life! Later!

yeah, i prefer xp over vista fo' sho'.

i thought it was kinda funny when vista came out, and then places like best buy started offering free "downgrades" with new computers because no one wanted it. xd  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:26 pm
bluegrass cat
Bikki Kobayashi V

i thought it was kinda funny when vista came out, and then places like best buy started offering free "downgrades" with new computers because no one wanted it. xd
Sounds kinda funny  

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:04 pm
bluegrass cat
Bikki Kobayashi V

they kinda shot themselves in the foot though, well at least here they did, because a lot of machines came out with vista but didnt have the ram to run it well. So you buy your nice new shiny laptop and realise you need to spend another $100 or so to boost its ram to the minimum recommended for vista xd  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:39 pm
angel_half82
Bikki Kobayashi V
aprilness
Did he get in trouble for it or something?

He was arrested for it.

@Iconised Ghost

You do have a good point there. Maybe it might be better than I first thought.

Well he deserved to be arrested for it. You can't do that kind of crap anymore.

You can't make a list of people you don't like? O_o I guess I don't understand what went on there.  

Pachelbel Canon

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:41 pm
aprilness
angel_half82
Bikki Kobayashi V
aprilness
Did he get in trouble for it or something?

He was arrested for it.

@Iconised Ghost

You do have a good point there. Maybe it might be better than I first thought.

Well he deserved to be arrested for it. You can't do that kind of crap anymore.

You can't make a list of people you don't like? O_o I guess I don't understand what went on there.

i think you cant make a list of people you dont like and imply that its a death list  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:55 pm
Ahhhh. Mmk. Yeah I guess you can't make death threats huh? sweatdrop  

Pachelbel Canon

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:10 pm
yeah, they have to be taken seriously i guess, imagine the liability if they werent and someone killed someone >.< law suits for africa  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:26 pm
aprilness

No death threats are just as bad as bomb threats.  

angel_half82
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:31 pm
angel_half82
aprilness

Just less funny xd remember that guy who was asked to remove his shoes? And he was like "what, its not like ive got a bomb in there, haha" and then he was arrested mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:33 pm
O_o No I actually don't remember that.  

Pachelbel Canon

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:34 pm
Iconised Ghost
angel_half82
aprilness

Just less funny xd remember that guy who was asked to remove his shoes? And he was like "what, its not like ive got a bomb in there, haha" and then he was arrested mrgreen

Kids these days.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces