Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anyone excited about a new version?
  Yes!!
View Results

Suge_da

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 pm
awesome!!! i cant wait 3nodding hopefully i would have paid my debt to my parents by then so that i can buy it@!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:27 pm
I need to scan the magazine I bought yesterday at Mitsuwa. Latest edition of DS + Wii.

More pictures.. Including a picture of the Platinum box and stuff. biggrin  

jess_squared

Sato Higurashi

4,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:41 am
cldnt u jus check www.serebii.net I mean they're pulling up a few things on it evry week or so  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:54 pm
Sato Higurashi
cldnt u jus check www.serebii.net I mean they're pulling up a few things on it evry week or so

The reason there's a thread about it here parroting Serebii is because not everybody checks there. This is a way to let people who are only casual players know what's going on. 3nodding

Let's see, more game features revealed via a kiosk in Japan... even more of the sprites are animated than thought... opponent trainers are animated... gyms have been reworked... there's a scene showing the trainer using a flashlight inside a dark building, animated videos of the Torn World show it to be as mixed up as it looks.

You can now pre-order the Japanese version of Pokemon Platinum from Play-Asia. 3nodding  

Nadian
Crew

Sato Higurashi

4,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:13 pm
Rly wow if only i cld read japanese  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:25 pm
Sato Higurashi
Rly wow if only i cld read japanese

I can't read any Japanese at all, but that doesn't seem to be stopping me from playing Japanese pokemon games... blaugh  

Nadian
Crew

Sato Higurashi

4,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:22 pm
xp anything for pokemon 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:41 am
Nadian
Sato Higurashi

The reason there's a thread about it here parroting Serebii is because not everybody checks there. This is a way to let people who are only casual players know what's going on. 3nodding

Let's see, more game features revealed via a kiosk in Japan... even more of the sprites are animated than thought... opponent trainers are animated... gyms have been reworked... there's a scene showing the trainer using a flashlight inside a dark building, animated videos of the Torn World show it to be as mixed up as it looks.

You can now pre-order the Japanese version of Pokemon Platinum from Play-Asia. 3nodding

http://www.filb.de/870 good-quality video from the before-mentioned kiosk.  

Nadian
Crew

x_gokai-okuzuko_x

Impassioned Misfit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:50 pm
Apparantly there's going to be a Battle Fronteir-esque area that will be in the place of D&P's Battle Tower.
biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:34 am
You what's wrong with the Wi-fi in D/P... They don't have Puerto Rico on the list... so that makes it that i have to pick a random place.. well not for me i picked CA xd since i visit there a lot...
Wishing Pl HAS PR in the listing that way us PR don't pick random places... A friend of mine has ST Charles Isle lol don't know about the rest.  

Goddess Lia

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:31 pm
As reported by Serebii and PokeBeach, there's now more CoroCoro scans revealing more information about Platinum. (Note that we don't have scans of all the pages yet.)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Here, we are seeing what appears to be severe modifications to gyms. Based upon the video in my previous post, the plant-like clock would appear to be the new Eterna City Gym.

We also are looking at what appears to be the new Veilstone City Gym as well as the Hearthome City Gym? I believe that's what people are saying but I'm not sure if that includes translation of the relevant Japanese text.

The new detective is what the right-hand page is talking about, obviously. Pokebeach reports that his code-name is "Handsome".

This has also popped up:
Suggesting Shaymin can learn Leaf Storm.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:47 pm
Hmmm... I was only going to create a new thread for these, but new evidence has come up suggesting these are legitimate.

Of the before-mentioned CoroCoro pages not scanned yet, apparently a collage exists showing all of them:

Of note, take a look at the lower-right page. There are reportedly mysterious pokemon silhouettes being advertised at Pokemon Platinum pre-order booths. Apparently, there are a couple variations:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm not sure it's confirmed that these are 5th gen pokemon nor new pokemon forms in the 4th gen, but the most interesting suggestions I've read thus far (on Smogon) posit a connection with Rotom. From his Pokedex entry:
Quote:
Its body is composed of plasma. It is known to infiltrate electronic devices and wreak havoc.
The suggestion is that Rotom could gain the ability to possess some electrical appliances to "change forms." That would be pretty cool. smile

(Also noteworthy mention... orange silhouette as a potential sandstorm version of Castform? Also from Smogon.)  

Nadian
Crew

Wellwishers_DMG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:04 pm
I am getting more and more interested.
it would give me an excuse to go and either fix my DS lite, or buy a new one.(for connectivity via trading and such.)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:31 pm
Wellwishers_DMG
it would give me an excuse to go and either fix my DS lite, or buy a new one.(for connectivity via trading and such.)

The good news is that with me buying the Japanese version there's less risk. I should be able to find out everything that's new for y'all. 3nodding  

Nadian
Crew

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:38 pm
Nadian
Wellwishers_DMG

The good news is that with me buying the Japanese version there's less risk. I should be able to find out everything that's new for y'all. 3nodding
Oh, that'll be nice.
I'm just glad I'm not making the mistake that a fair amount of people that I know are. (buying it without knowing how different it is.)  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff