Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
[RP] Harmonia's Peacemakers - *Takes Defibrilator* CLEAR! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:26 pm
Mauser cantered forward, drawing his pistol from its holster; he listened to the satisfying noise of it scraping against the tanned leather inside its carrier. He held the gun at arms length pointed at one of the vampire's heads, then choosing instead to shoot it in the foot, hoping it would stumble down. His gun rang out, and he watched the vampire's boot as a large hole appeared in it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:36 pm
The jaw definitely did crackle as Tsuki made the hit. The vampire howled in pain before falling down to the ground from the sky. It writhed about a bit as it lay prone on the ground before it stopped moving, becoming unconscious. Mauser's target, likewise, also fell to the ground, yelping and clutching at its now bleeding foot.

Not a challenge at all... Jacqueline thought to herself as she observed the first two fight the group. The girl needs a little bit more control though; her hits are way too overkill.

The other three, in panic, ran back into the houses whence they came. However, those two were replaced by five more behind the group, looming closer to Gaiathi and Julius.  

Sentama Lin

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:31 am
Far too inquisitive for his own good, Mauser crouched down, putting the weight of his knee on the vampire's arm, and one hand on it's neck. All of this mixed with a fluid reloading of his gun, which he hefted down to point at it's forehead. He looked into it's eyes partially imploringly, trying to get it to speak up a little. "What's got you so crazy, mm?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:36 am
Tsuki's words were still clearly ringing in his ears as they had made their way towards the main battle. He had seen her dash ahead as if to scout, and he had some solace in that he could actually be of better use in this situation, given his familiarity with the village. With lithe grace, and the force of will to resist examining the fallen for those he cared about, he ran up to a corner of a house and its fence, jumped up, and after pushing off against each wall of the corner, landed perfectly balanced on the fence itself.

From there he could survey the area relatively interrupted, and a cursory glance told him that things were not going to be looking good for the group soon. He jogged along the fence for a moment, taking in the details he would need, and then leapt off, landing with knees bent and launching into a roll to avoid damage, righting up beside Gaiathi.
"Heads up," he warned her, pivoting on his heels and facing the new group of vampires.

None of them were his friends, which send a wave of relief running through him. Still, he regretted having to harm any of the once kind people of this place. Nevertheless, he was being watched, and as such could afford no hesitation. He stepped forward into the signature stance of those who practice the Way of Thunder, the Snake's Current. To an outsider, it might seem one man facing five vampires, but in his mind, Julius saw only one enemy. Such was the Way of Thunder; there is only one target at any given time.

As the first vampire charged, he held his stance until the creature was nearly upon him, then slithered his arm over the vampire's outstretched limb, latching onto the back of its neck. With a brief kiai, he turned his hips and kicked out the knee of his opponent with enough force to dislodge the cap while twisting his palm into the back of its neck, sending the vampire flipping in midair. Before it even crashed upon the ground, he had already moved on to his next target.

He shifted into a deep cover stance with his arms set to his side, the next vampire looming over him. Before it could grab him, his leg was shooting forward, his palms slamming into his target's sternum as he released another kiai. An echo of what might have been thunder cracking resounded with his battle cry, though it could have also been the breaking of the vampire's chest plate...

Xanatos Forever

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:01 am
Gaiathi, awed to silence by the carnage that first met her eyes upon their arrival, had been moving in a bit of a dazed state. She'd never witnessed anything such as this, and the sound of fighting in the distance was more than just unsettling to here.

"What happened here..."

As she moved with a slow caution among the littler of bodies, Gaiathi wondered if there were any innocents left in this area. That was when Julius had turned to address the group of vampires approaching them from behind. Gaiathi turned quickly, pushing aside her horror at the loss of life here, willing herself to be ready to fight. As Gaiathi surveyed the approaching group, a sick fear filled her.

"I don't have a weapon." Gaiathi's voice sounded small in her ears, but she assumed a defensive stance as Julius took on the first approaching vampire. Gaiathi took note of another advancing toward her with a dark look in its eye. Quelling the growing panic insider, Gaiathi began quickly mumbling a low chant, then clapped her hands together and shoved them violently in the direction of the vampire as a low wind first danced with her hair, then grew in intensity and burst whistling forth as though a cyclone had been born from a mere summer's breeze. The tumultuous gale ascended upon the approaching vampire, kicking up dirt and loose stone as it bore down on him. Gaiathi grinned a little. "At least I can keep them away from me."  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:59 am
The vampire howled and viciously nipped at the air in front of Mauser, who was holding him down. It was definitely a curious sight, seeing the creature snarl and resist being held down, as if he wasn't even listening. Then, after a while, inbetween nips and noises, the vampire answered. "T... The rune... He... l... p..." he said. They could speak, yes, but it didn't seem like they could speak much in this state. As it was said the vampire readied his other hand, claws ready and lunged it toward Mauser's stomach, hoping to hit.

Jacqueline watched the scene, nodding at the group's accomplishments so far, though she was concerned about the forces that kept moving toward them. Seeing the vampire's claws ready, she yelled "Mauser, watch it!" and sprinted toward the man. Baton ready in hand she knocked the attacking arm out of the way, then slammed the baton in the vampire's stomach, knocking out the wind. "Information getting is good, but now is hardly the time!" She said as she stood up, looked back at Julius and Gaiathi, and then turned back. "You're lucky; I sort of like your group."

She ran toward Gaiathi now, watching her keep the vampires at bay. She handed her Mythril Baton to Gaiathi. "Just in case you need it." With that note, she sprinted out again and resumed her post, this time on the rooftops to watch the group. "Deal with these things if you need to! But remember that you still need to check in with the main Peacekeeper group."  

Sentama Lin

Xanatos Forever

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:16 pm
Even among the Thunder Walkers, Julius was something of an oddity. While he was not exactly better than his peers, he had a spatial awareness that they lacked. The Way of Thunder focuses on single combat, but there are drills when facing multiple opponents, and the wonder child excelled in these situations.

Perhaps that is why, even while crouching down and springing up, driving his knee into the third vampire's throat, he was aware of Gaiathi's actions, and even more incredibly, the vampire attempting to lurk upon the adjudicator. With his current target down, he turned to the vampire being pelted by the Gaiathi's gale, dashing up to him. Two steps away from his target, he took his forward foot and turned it, twisting his body so that his side was facing the creature.

At the same time, he hooked his arm around the target's, locking him up with him. With his next step, he was back to back with the vampire, and with a twist of his hips, he had pulled the former villager off balance. Another turning of his body, and he had his target off the ground, spinning him in a circle for a moment.

I hope this works, he thought to himself, and without another thought, leapt into the wind storm. It was strong, and gave him just enough lift to accomplish his task. With a deep kiai, he released his hold on his unwitting partner, sending the vampire soaring through the air, its dead weight slamming into the lurker beside the adjudicator, knocking them both off the rooftop.

He landed on the opposite side of the whirlwind, raising to the tips of his toes to keep his balance, inches from Gaiathi's face. The rush of the battle had reached him now, and he was grinning with that special ecstasy of a good fight as he dropped back onto his feet. "Not bad, huh?" he laughed, then looked over at the rooftop and allowed himself a small bow, calling out, "Apologies, adjudicator!" He decided to take a moment to relax, almost forgetting that there was still one vampire left, and looked on how Tsuki and Mauser were doing...

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:17 pm
Tsuki noticed there was one vampire left and decided to take it out with a simple kick to the face. She jumped into Gaiathi's wind, her light body being easily swept up and being hurtled towards the creature. At the last moment she spun and twisted her body to increase her speed and aim both her feet at the creature's cranium. Once her feet connected, she let her legs bend so she could then push off and exit the gale.

She turned to Julius and shouted in a commanding voice, "This is no time to be showing off! Make every move with as little energy as possible!" Then she turned to look away, cursing under her breath and added, "My first attack was not a good example." She knew she, like anyone else, did make some mistakes, but she had enough humility to admit them even though she had planned not to make mistakes like that durring her exam.

She would be beating herself up over it for the whole time. She was hard on the world, but hardest on herself.  

blue_green

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:07 pm
Gaiathi dropped the wind she had been controlling. "Before more of them come, I thing we need to get on with our objective. We need to report in."

She sighed, frustrated that she had only been able to assist, but not fight in the team's first battle. At least she had a weapon now, and that gave Gaiathi more options. Still she was glad to know her teammates seemed quite capable in dealing with the threat at hand. It made their odds of survival better.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:15 pm
Impeccable teamwork... Jacqueline thought, making that a mental note. She noticed Julius moving toward her and merely stepped back to allow the kid the room he needed to get rid of the vampire behind her. She didn't respond to his apology; rather, she nodded back in affirmation.

"Teamwork, teamwork! Everyone help each other clear a path to the group!" She shouted as she jumped from rooftop to rooftop ahead of the group, clearing out any vampires in her way with some of her own martial art talent. They were mostly throws, but they were effective enough to knock the vampires into each other.

(( Guys... I don't think I can post at all tonight, though I will definitely try. I'm going through some pretty bad emotional s**t in my opinion, that's all confined in the ANGST ZONE. I'm probably just overreacting, as I can do, but it doesn't deny the fact that I do feel shitty. If people really need me, or want to hear from me... well... my phone number is somewhere in the guild. ))  

Sentama Lin

Xanatos Forever

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:25 pm
"Excuse me?" Julius said, falling back beside Tsuki so as not to stop their forward momentum. To accuse a Thunder Walker of wasting movements was a great offense, as the Way was rigid in its call to strike with utmost efficiency. The wonder child knew his maneuver had seemed flashy, but in order to defeat his target from a distance, it was necessary. His energy was most assuredly not squandered. "And I suppose your little stunt at the beginning was the epitome of perfect technique...?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:44 pm
She noticed that Jacqueline had gone ahead far enough for her to speak freely without being heard, so she took full advantage. It was clear she had a lot of bottled up anger, because it only took her a second to get pissed off more than necessary. She grabbed his collar and pulled him to her face, her eyes ablaze with furry.

"We all have our faults, as I'm sure you know, Second Class," she hissed venemously at him, spitting out the nick-name she dubbed him (Second Class) as though it were a bug in her soup. "Mine is that in order to call upon the power of my Rage rune I must be in a state of high emotion, and as everyone knows emotions cloud one's sense of judgement. Another neat little trick to my rune is that the stronger the emotions, the stronger the effect of my rune." Now that she was done she released his shirt with a slight shove and waited for his reation.  

blue_green

Xanatos Forever

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:39 pm
His reaction was swift and precise, fitting of his art. As she shoved him away, his hand flashed up, grasping her fingers just above the knuckles. With a simple twist, he activated the pressure points, bending her fingers back so subtly, but enough to incapacitate even the strongest of foes. The next instant he had her hand twisted up against her body, the fingers now lodged in her armpit, holding the lock he had started.

"What you see as a fault, O angry one," he said calmly, applying a slight pressure to her elbow, which increased the pain further, "I see as a gift. I was allowed to see what life is like for those less than worthy, and if you ask me, they're more than you will ever be." With that, he released her from the lock, and caught up with the rest of the group...

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:56 pm
She thought long and hard on the consequences of the action she so desired to enact. The pain hardly seemed to phase her, other than to make her angrier. After a long, hard moment of thought she said aloud to herself, "Ah, what the heck."

She charged forward and leaped up to plant her foot in his back, being sure to cause pain, then stepped on his shoulder, and then using his head to jump off of into the air and move herself ahead of him. She knew the quarrel was childish, but she never really had a childhood and couldn't resist the temptation.  

blue_green

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:29 pm
Out of the corner of her eye, Gaiathi caught the approach of Tsuki and Julius. She was about to call out for them to hurry when she saw Tsuki use Julius for a jumping off point.

"Tsuki!" Gaiathi did not like this at all. Quarrels within the team this early could prove dangerous, especially given the current mission. She cast an angry glare at Tsuki's back then over at Julius. Not quite sure what the quarrel had been about, but certain there had been one, Gaiathi gritted her teeth and shook her head. "Let's just hurry and get to the others!"

Gaiathi cast another burst of wind ahead of them to push a few more vampires off their path.  
RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff