Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Topic making failure Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:12 pm
Okay, so basically encourage them to bicker, got it.

Quote:
1. For some reason, at least since I got Fx 2, the browser doesn't have it's own connect pop-up, so when I get disconnected while something is loading, it doesn't get put on hold like it used to.
2. In the history menu drop down thing there aren't any pages. I have to use the sidebar which is alphabetized, not chronologically ordered. I also don't have the thing to undo closing a tab.
3. Is there a way to manually change/add passwords to the password manager?
4. Even though I switched to Fx2, and while it isn't as often, I still get times when Fx (Firefox) lags. Like I'll click to switch tabs and it won't switch, or takes a while, the loading spinny things stop spinning, and if I try to force Fx to do something the window will go white, except for the top bar with the _ [] X. Really annoying, and when this happens it does spike my CPU usage to 50% (usually 1-5%) but over all when this lag happens I don't have RAM or CPU strain.

PS I also can't update Windows. I get this one odd error.
Quote:
[Error number: 0x800703EE]
(X) The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

I was NOT trying to use a non-IE browser to do windows updates.

The hard part is, stupid s**t like that where I have know Idea what I ********, up, how many things I messed up, nor how to get it answered, anywhere.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:29 pm
Metalic_Noodles
Okay, so basically encourage them to bicker, got it.

Quote:
1. For some reason, at least since I got Fx 2, the browser doesn't have it's own connect pop-up, so when I get disconnected while something is loading, it doesn't get put on hold like it used to.
2. In the history menu drop down thing there aren't any pages. I have to use the sidebar which is alphabetized, not chronologically ordered. I also don't have the thing to undo closing a tab.
3. Is there a way to manually change/add passwords to the password manager?
4. Even though I switched to Fx2, and while it isn't as often, I still get times when Fx (Firefox) lags. Like I'll click to switch tabs and it won't switch, or takes a while, the loading spinny things stop spinning, and if I try to force Fx to do something the window will go white, except for the top bar with the _ [] X. Really annoying, and when this happens it does spike my CPU usage to 50% (usually 1-5%) but over all when this lag happens I don't have RAM or CPU strain.

PS I also can't update Windows. I get this one odd error.
Quote:
[Error number: 0x800703EE]
(X) The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

I was NOT trying to use a non-IE browser to do windows updates.

The hard part is, stupid s**t like that where I have know Idea what I ********, up, how many things I messed up, nor how to get it answered, anywhere.

Here's some advice. However, to still be elusive cents we are talking about seekrit websites, I will include random type-o's because I feel like typing like a douche today.
#1: Just don't ask #1. Fireforks is built for direct conexxions (actual word), so don't ask questions about archaic dialup texnologies whist are no logger in common exqistence.
#2: The "view" button on the fireforks sidebar allows you to sort by date viewed. Asking any question with an axial answer will cause them to automatically ignore and/or flame you. If part of your bowser is missing and/or ********, they of course presume it's your own fault.
#3: The password manager in the security tab. Again, axeshoeall answers = bad questwin.
#4: The rest of the problems will also be labeled as your fault, for A: Not saying what the error actually means to microsoft, using a windows operating system, having fireforks 2 instead of 3, and other elements of literature.

All these things are issues that are 50billion times easier to diagnose yourself than for some anonymi to guestimate over. I said before, I still think Windows Update was a blocked port. Unless you start narrowing things down, they won't know what to do.

For example, if you said:
I reformatted, reinstalled windows, did a portscan, and still can't update windows, someone might notice that "HEY, YOUR INTERNET SECURITY SETTINGS DON'T HAVE MIKROSOFT AS A TRUSTED ZOAN!!!" But if you don't narrow it down, they'll only get pissed.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:07 pm

#1 Can only get dial-up or satellite. satellite is a fortune and expensive from what I hear, and you and jfm haven't pointed me in the direction of phone-DSL.

#2 It does work for recent history, but the side bar doesn't have restore closed tab, or restore session.

#3 Can't edit or add passwords/logins manually

#4 I have enough problems with Fx2, why the hell should I bother with 3? From what I last saw 3 doesn't fully support most plugins anyway. The error means MS is full of crap heads (old news) but apparently their servers have gained AI and hate me like my ISP's servers and my computer.

I can't reformat because I gots too much s**t and only 3 2gb flash drives.

I can't reinstall because I used a borrowed disk from a friend of a friend. Too hard to get it back to try again.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:31 am
Metalic_Noodles

#1 Can only get dial-up or satellite. satellite is a fortune and expensive from what I hear, and you and jfm haven't pointed me in the direction of phone-DSL.

#2 It does work for recent history, but the side bar doesn't have restore closed tab, or restore session.

#4 I have enough problems with Fx2, why the hell should I bother with 3? From what I last saw 3 doesn't fully support most plugins anyway. The error means MS is full of crap heads (old news) but apparently their servers have gained AI and hate me like my ISP's servers and my computer.

I can't reinstall because I used a borrowed disk from a friend of a friend. Too hard to get it back to try again.

~Metalic_Noodles

1.) take gun.
2.) aim towards computer.
3.) ??????
4.) profit.

also: you use the built in dialer in firefox? wow. i suggest getting an auto-dialer (preferably from the company) or use windows to manage your connection, as trevor stated, firefox really only works well with a direct connection. which dial-up CAN provide.  

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:25 am
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

No one ever said there was a solution for everything.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:32 pm
Exmucane
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

emo I'm just too good of a computer breaker then?

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:44 pm
Metalic_Noodles
Exmucane
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

its pretty easy to get a copy of windows 2000 these days. its a very good operating system, but i legally cant tell you how to get it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:19 pm
jfm567
Metalic_Noodles
Exmucane
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

its pretty easy to get a copy of windows 2000 these days. its a very good operating system, but i legally cant tell you how to get it.

I have a 95 disc. Thing is, these days XP is the old OS, the win OS that everything still works on, and is more awesome than the newer OSs.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:05 pm
Metalic_Noodles
jfm567
Metalic_Noodles
Exmucane
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

I have a 95 disc. Thing is, these days XP is the old OS, the win OS that everything still works on, and is more awesome than the newer OSs.

~Metalic_Noodles

windows 2000 sp4 is just about the same damn thing as xp, it just doesnt look as "good".

also, have you even used vista? personally, i love it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:13 pm
yay vista lovers ^-^ vista gets such a bad reputation, but its so lovely  

Iconised Ghost

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:35 pm
Iconised Ghost

its all mac's fault.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:19 pm

When I was on 95 I hated 98, I eventually had to switch. (Well, more like hated 98 when I had to switch, then got used to it in time for: )

When I was on 98, well, basically the same as above with 98 and XP.

The I was on XP (mine) , had to go to 2000 (parent's comp) ... couldn't hate it too bad though, the xp comp have 64mbs of RAM and the 2000 had 128mbs... hard to hate that. Still sucked.

Then I'm back to XP, on my first ever new (ish) comp! mrgreen

So ya, eventually, in an OS gen or two I'll ******** this OS up so bad I'll need another, and will either know how to work linux by then, or will barrow another disk, most likely vista, hate it, then forgot XP too much to hate it anymore.

Only have disks for Ubuntu 7.04 and win 95... xd

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:50 am
jfm567
Iconised Ghost

its all mac's fault.

how so?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:20 pm
Iconised Ghost