Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Twilight means never having to say you're kidding. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

amazing?
  I think so :]
View Results

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:43 am
XD Sexual tension in the atmosphere much? >_> I fear my impending doom of joining in someday...

Anywho, yes, she's a mayor Mary Sue, she's just special that way I suppose. XD I was ok with that at first, but I just wanted her to get vamped ALREADY!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:44 am
Goddess Ace
They'll probably CG the sparkles and it'll look like s**t. There's a reason it was in a book - 'cause it's not going to look pretty on screen.

@Bluegrass: The main character, Bella, is a self-insert character, according to my friend. She says that's why a lot of girls like the book - because they see themselves in Bella's shoes.

She does have some clear Mary-Sue qualities though - like, EVERYONE LIKES HER. But it's also explained that the little boring rainy town of Forks needed some eye candy.
But as far as her being like super smart or beautiful, it's not really expressed.... I guess becase we're supposed to think she's normal but clearly she isn't or a vampire wouldn't want to be having rough sex with her xDDD
Oh, and she can get on your nerves easily. But the other characters in Twilight are better.

hmmm...well, idk. i might check it out and just not tell anyone i'm reading it. xd

i do like trashy romance novels...does twilight fall into that category? cause THEN i could just laugh and tell people "well, you know how i adore those trashy romance novels!"

((and yes, this is the one time i actually care what people think because i'm friends with some GREAT literary snobs and OMG the emails of "suggestions" if they think i'm reading below-quality books. crying ))  

WastelandMama
Crew

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:49 am
bluegrass cat
Goddess Ace
They'll probably CG the sparkles and it'll look like s**t. There's a reason it was in a book - 'cause it's not going to look pretty on screen.

@Bluegrass: The main character, Bella, is a self-insert character, according to my friend. She says that's why a lot of girls like the book - because they see themselves in Bella's shoes.

She does have some clear Mary-Sue qualities though - like, EVERYONE LIKES HER. But it's also explained that the little boring rainy town of Forks needed some eye candy.
But as far as her being like super smart or beautiful, it's not really expressed.... I guess becase we're supposed to think she's normal but clearly she isn't or a vampire wouldn't want to be having rough sex with her xDDD
Oh, and she can get on your nerves easily. But the other characters in Twilight are better.

hmmm...well, idk. i might check it out and just not tell anyone i'm reading it. xd

i do like trashy romance novels...does twilight fall into that category? cause THEN i could just laugh and tell people "well, you know how i adore those trashy romance novels!"

((and yes, this is the one time i actually care what people think because i'm friends with some GREAT literary snobs and OMG the emails of "suggestions" if they think i'm reading below-quality books. crying ))
Well... it takes them four books to do the deed. So, if you're looking for trashy with the sex, you won't find it. I think when they do do the deed anyway, it like blacks out, so you just hear about the aftermath. So, probably not great for a trashy romance novel.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:50 am
MissMunchieMonster
XD Sexual tension in the atmosphere much? >_> I fear my impending doom of joining in someday...

Anywho, yes, she's a mayor Mary Sue, she's just special that way I suppose. XD I was ok with that at first, but I just wanted her to get vamped ALREADY!

Omg, me and my sister wanted Bella's a** vamped from the first book >.>
If I'm reading about vampires, the main might as well be a freaking vampire herself.

@Bluegrass: I don't really tell people what I'm reading so you can get away with it - the book goes by pretty fast even if they're like 500+ pages.
The final book has the most romance scenes in it but nothing really smutty.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:59 am
Seriously, a lot of people got punked because of the ending of the first book.

XD I was mayor pissed about it for ending the way it did (though it was a nice ending), I didn't know that she would release sequels, but still no vamping! Thank mercy for the "last" book. I really hope that what I heard about her making more books, but with the others as the main characters was true, I want an Alice and Jasper book NAO!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:03 am
what exactly does Mary Sue mean? I've been wondering.

@ace: haha lame sparkles. I think that's the only reason I'd want to see it.

@munchies: you will soon enough :]

@blue: haha the trashy thing reminds me of my friend's sister. To pick out a book to buy she goes to the romance section and looks for either the cheapest book or the book with the most scantily clad people on it xD
and Ace is right, just don't tell them. it can be our dirty little secret xD

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:11 am
Yeah, I'm glad she did only four books. I wouldn't mind the other character's perspectives - I really enjoyed Jacob's ~ Bella just gets on your nerves. Edward's perspective is next and hopefully it will reveal how cocky and arrogant he really is. I like him when he's an a*****e xD
Meyer, as a joke, did a chapter in Rosalile's perspective - it was pretty funny. Alice and Jasper are like the best main characters - I think everyone loves them.

@TSN: I generally think of the Mary Sue in fan fiction but for the most part it's just a really generic and over done character.
These are some pretty funny guides though -
http://emona-dragondancer.deviantart.com/art/The-Mary-Sue-Manual-23804747
http://windfalcon.deviantart.com/art/Mary-Sue-How-to-Tell-5470853
http://glittercandy.deviantart.com/art/Mary-Sue-Bingo-58141267

I realize that I'm still caught up on the whole sex ordeal in the book...
Come on now, if Edward's 90 years old you'd think he's materbated at least once in his lifetime - shouldn't he had worried about any fluids? He could have at least used a condom - ALICE WHY DIDN'T YOU PACK ANY OF THOSE?
And I've also decided that his semen is sparkly too. ( Originally, when I was reading the book I made a joke that it was pebbles xD )  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:17 am
LUL! Pebble semen. XD

I would luv more Jabob books, he and Emmet are the ones that crack me up the most. XD

And I think Alice did pack some, wasn't there a part where Bella's trying to figure out what's going on with her and she's holding one she got out of a bag? Or maybe I read that wrong... ninja  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

pineapple07

Tipsy Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:19 am
Goddess Ace
Come on now, if Edward's 90 years old you'd think he's materbated at least once in his lifetime - shouldn't he had worried about any fluids? He could have at least used a condom - ALICE WHY DIDN'T YOU PACK ANY OF THOSE?
And I've also decided that his semen is sparkly too. ( Originally, when I was reading the book I made a joke that it was pebbles xD )

If he's a vamp wouldn't his little swimmers technically be dead? Because in the summary that TSN linked it had the quote basically saying that it sucked for Bella that she wouldn't have babies.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:24 am
pineapple07
Goddess Ace

If he's a vamp wouldn't his little swimmers technically be dead? Because in the summary that TSN linked it had the quote basically saying that it sucked for Bella that she wouldn't have babies.
Shh... it's the Twilight series, just because it states it at one point doesn't mean it's true for the rest of it. xd  

tsukasa_the_quiet

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:25 am
omg I wanna see the sparkly semen x3 <3

they should make glitter condoms just for fangirls of this xDDD

and those guides made me lawl. I understand now. thats what I thought it was but just wasn't sure.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:33 am
@Munchie: I'm pretty sure Alice just packed tampons and lingere. What else do you need xD

@pineapple: Well you'd think vampires wouldn't sparkle either so pretty much Meyer can have little vial swimmers all she wants. It was a bit ridiculous though but at least it took the story into a different direction than just annoying as hell love triangle.

@TSN: Just slap Twilight on the package and the fangirls will buy 'em all up. They have a stupid chocolate bar so people will spend their money rolleyes I hate when something popular gets slapped on something totally unrelated.

Hmmm, but sparkly condoms might be fun to play with. My friend said she's going to get me some neon ones so I can blow them up xD  

Goddess Ace
Crew

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:40 am
not fair! I want some glittery bigmouth baloons! D:  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:42 am
pineapple07
Goddess Ace

naw, his little swimmers would technically be the UN-dead, yeah? yeah!

little vampire semen...with fangs...

omg, someone needs to draw that. xd  

WastelandMama
Crew

pineapple07

Tipsy Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:42 am
True I've never read a novel about 'sparkly' vampires. I seriously want to know where she got that idea from.

I dunno if glittery condoms would be very sanitary, I dunno about the fangirls but I sure as hell don't want to worry about glitter in my cooch...or, considering how kinky people are, their bums.

Although knowing me I'd still get them just to play with them stare  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces